Track Preview: Onboard with LITPro - Ricky Carmichael at Daytona

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2018 9:42 PM

https://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/One-Lap-with-LITPro-Ricky-Carmichael-2018-Daytona-Supercross,16717/ML512,13480

I'm really liking the changes to this year's layout...who's excited for tomorrow?

Photo

|

3/9/2018 10:23 PM

Kind of disappointed in the layout, looks just like another round of supercross, up,down,up,down. I guess that's what happens when a major sponsor (Honda) takes a back seat.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

3/9/2018 10:41 PM

A bunch of straight rythums tied together with 180s. What a waste of what should, and used to be the one interesting SX race on the sched. Not a single corner, or anything else with any thought put into it.

Let Bailey build it again and run it during the day.

|

3/10/2018 4:27 AM

ledger wrote:

Kind of disappointed in the layout, looks just like another round of supercross, up,down,up,down. I guess that's what happens ...more

Honda had nothing to do with the prior layout decisions...odd comment.

|

3/10/2018 4:29 AM

SCR wrote:

A bunch of straight rythums tied together with 180s. What a waste of what should, and used to be the one interesting SX race ...more

Day time not happening.

We’ll see how it plays out, but each rider I spoke to was much more excited and positive about the Racing this layout will offer, compared to the last year or two which were extremely tight with back to back corners after obstacles.

|

3/10/2018 4:38 AM

Proof will be in the pudding.

No one can say how the racing will be until we see some racing ..

|

3/10/2018 5:27 AM

RC interview and helmet cam footage awesome. I like the sand jump faces and seriously hope they let it get rough. Over-grooming will make it lame. The best track section all year was the tough sand section at the Tampa Supercross.
Daytona is supposed to be TOUGH for everyone, as seen in the pictures below.

Photo

|

3/10/2018 7:44 AM

Given the space constraints, looks like should be good. Rougher the better!

|

still trying to follow Dad's golden rule..."USE YOUR HEAD FOR SOMETHING MORE THAN A HAT RACK!"
current rides:
'13 250SX
'17 701 Husky

3/10/2018 9:35 AM

I cannot get the vid to run, it's been like this a couple days....WTF have I done to cause this?

|