Townley, potential?

lucero10x
7/13/2010 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 12:06am
Where is his peak?

OK, I know he isn't as popular on here as James or Alessi but the guy is going forward not backward. He surprised us all at the USGP and damn near won moto 1 a week and a half ago. Besides Regal, this guy is the biggest surprise of the 2010 outdoors. I am pulling for him to win at least one moto and an O/A if he can find just a touch more consistency.

Remember, this guy is no slouch, he was moto royalty in Europe and kept RC honest at the MXDN in 05 or 06, can't remember right now.

After all the crap he has been through I would love to see him with a win or two.
|
cody331
7/13/2010 3:53pm
IMO his peak will be when he runs consistantly at the front, winning week in and week out. Always been a fan of him and pulled for him
mxb2
7/13/2010 3:55pm
I don t think its a big suprise BT kills it, he was off the bike for a bit but has a strong mind and the never give up attitude!
BLAHBLAH
7/13/2010 4:01pm
mxb2 wrote:
I don t think its a big suprise BT kills it, he was off the bike for a bit but has a strong mind and the...
I don t think its a big suprise BT kills it, he was off the bike for a bit but has a strong mind and the never give up attitude!
x2..

I expected him to be a championship contender in this series. I think the great sport of motocross is going to give us a treat. My prediction is we will see a couple more winners Townley included before the end of the season.
noob
7/13/2010 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2010 4:31pm
Townley's rad.

Anyone remember which race it was when Villopoto pulled over, let Townley past to watch his lines? That was classic. It turned out in Poto's favor, but Mitch gave him an ear-full between motos!

The Shop

observer
7/13/2010 4:29pm
mxb2 wrote:
I don t think its a big suprise BT kills it, he was off the bike for a bit but has a strong mind and the...
It's come as NO surprise at all to me either, that Townley has been running up front.
The only one's that seem to be beating him are on factory bikes-if they beat him. He's still working back into the pace from a long recovery. He's a threat every weekend.
Be nice to see him and Regal on GEICO 450s!
Factoryphoto
7/13/2010 4:41pm
Townleys a beast.. Hes far from peaking.. He just needs a couple wins to realize he should be winning. Hes a cool guy always nice to his fans. Im always pulling for him hes got it in him just needs to settle down and put it together.
lucero10x
7/13/2010 4:42pm
I am surprised he is running this strong. I am not going to lie. I knew what his potential was but I figured he would be injury riddled and kinda just fade away. I wasn't happy about it but that is what I figured.
7/13/2010 4:42pm
BT, Reed, and Rattray should make a really strong MXDN team... Right?
cody331
7/13/2010 4:50pm
TripleFive wrote:
...sarcasm? three different countries. NZL AUS ZA
DanDunes818
7/13/2010 4:53pm
TripleFive wrote:
Maybe Dean Wilson can be the 4th man. They need a reserve right?
lucero10x
7/13/2010 4:55pm
cody331 wrote:
...sarcasm? three different countries. NZL AUS ZA
pfft...details.
BLAHBLAH
7/13/2010 4:57pm
TripleFive wrote:
They don't even speak the same language..
chase383
7/13/2010 5:25pm
noob wrote:
Townley's rad.Anyone remember which race it was when Villopoto pulled over, let Townley past to watch his lines? That was classic. It turned out in Poto's...
Townley's rad.

Anyone remember which race it was when Villopoto pulled over, let Townley past to watch his lines? That was classic. It turned out in Poto's favor, but Mitch gave him an ear-full between motos!
Pretty sure that was Millville 08 in the first moto.. I was spectating along the whoops on the way out. RV and BT were flying
raddad
7/13/2010 5:26pm
he is obviously super talented and a veteran MX racer that knows a thing or two about winning. I see him winning a moto or more and maybe an overall as the series winds down. But i also wonder if he will say on two wheels long enough to be a title contender at the speeds he is running (fast as hell). I hope for great racings sake that he can keep it up and a three way battle for the title ensuesSmile no one likes a run away thats for sure!
lucero10x
7/13/2010 7:18pm
sure you were fishin. lol
Highsider
7/13/2010 7:21pm
lucero10x wrote:
I am surprised he is running this strong. I am not going to lie. I knew what his potential was but I figured he would be...
I am surprised he is running this strong. I am not going to lie. I knew what his potential was but I figured he would be injury riddled and kinda just fade away. I wasn't happy about it but that is what I figured.
Me too and then I was very surprised when he won a moto over AC and MA at the USGP.

I was very encouraged by that.
Highsider
7/13/2010 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2010 7:23pm
noob wrote:
Townley's rad.Anyone remember which race it was when Villopoto pulled over, let Townley past to watch his lines? That was classic. It turned out in Poto's...
Townley's rad.

chase383 wrote:
Pretty sure that was Millville 08 in the first moto.. I was spectating along the whoops on the way out. RV and BT were flying
That whole 250 season was awesome and Millville was crazy.
Wandell
7/13/2010 8:14pm
Gotta love BT101!

Lightning78
7/13/2010 8:18pm
What I like about BT is his absolute desire to WIN.......he never seems content with a top 5 finish, I mean he is happy to place well but you ever notice in his interviews that even when he did well you can clearly see he is a little troubled by not winning .....thats the attitude I think all the top riders should have ......Its pretty lame when you hear a top guy saying "Uhhh im shooting for a top 5 or podium" I want to hear some of them say im here to win the goddam thing!
jeffro503
7/13/2010 8:19pm
lucero10x wrote:
Where is his peak? OK, I know he isn't as popular on here as James or Alessi but the guy is going forward not backward. He...
Where is his peak?

OK, I know he isn't as popular on here as James or Alessi but the guy is going forward not backward. He surprised us all at the USGP and damn near won moto 1 a week and a half ago. Besides Regal, this guy is the biggest surprise of the 2010 outdoors. I am pulling for him to win at least one moto and an O/A if he can find just a touch more consistency.

Remember, this guy is no slouch, he was moto royalty in Europe and kept RC honest at the MXDN in 05 or 06, can't remember right now.

After all the crap he has been through I would love to see him with a win or two.

Lucero....I'm on your same wave length with Townley. I honestly think he hasn't even peaked as far as his speed goes. He's steadily getting it back , and being more comfortable running up towards the front. As long as Ben stays healthy.....he will keep getting faster.

Taking almost 2 years off can hamper your speed a little......And it looks like he's trying extremely hard to ride fast....but stay safe. He's had a lot of injuries , and lets hope he can stay healthy.

Me personally......He's actually my favorite rider right now. Him and GL both , because i know what they had to come back from. he's kind of the underdog out there , and that's who I tend to cheer for.

GO BEN!
DrSweden
7/13/2010 8:24pm
Good post. Totally agree. I think we all? thought he was toasted, and now this?

Afuckingamazing.

I saw that race live when he chased RC, it was Ernee 2005. Sure RC won and probably would have put in seventh gear on that 450 if Ben had come any closer, but it showed that RV was human after all and that someone could challenge him.

The 2008 battle against RV was one of the best season ever. I think RV was maybe at his peak, and Townley as well? it resembled a boxer fight with 20 rounds, you almost felt bad that Townley was that good, because it was painful how even they where and that no 2 spot in the stats wont count for shit (my view).

I hope the guy can do good, but no way is he going to take the title, but I'm sure he will win some motos, maybe even an overall when RD feels his championship matters more...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
7/13/2010 8:46pm
lucero10x wrote:
Where is his peak? OK, I know he isn't as popular on here as James or Alessi but the guy is going forward not backward. He...
Where is his peak?

Agreed, would love to see him get a win this season.

I think he is only going to get stronger this year and next. The sky is the limit for that dude.
Jake-247
7/13/2010 9:02pm
Hes an animal, when he gets his first win or overall the guy won't stop in the outdoors.

Seriously think about it, the guy didn't race for 2 full seasons because he was banged up with injuries and then can still come out and battle for the lead (Red Bud) or a top stop. I tip my hat to Ben, GO GET EM'!
7/13/2010 10:33pm
He was dropping the fastest lap times at red bud.

He is there.

Just lost out on those final weeks of prep when he messed up his stomach late this spring which caused his fitness to plunge and he could not get back.

Townley right now is the second best out there and I suspect he will end the season as the best......as Dungey winds it down for the title.

Great job by both.
Hanaa80
7/14/2010 12:55am
Townleys a beast.. Hes far from peaking.. He just needs a couple wins to realize he should be winning. Hes a cool guy always nice to...
Townleys a beast.. Hes far from peaking.. He just needs a couple wins to realize he should be winning. Hes a cool guy always nice to his fans. Im always pulling for him hes got it in him just needs to settle down and put it together.
A beast - that's exactly what comes to my mind when I watch him ride. He's so aggressive, almost like he hated the track and wanted to destroy it. I don't remember him being like that on a 250.
lucero10x
7/14/2010 8:31am
Killer posts guys! Love to see the positivity. I really think he will go out of 2010 as the fastest man outdoors, unless James comes back. lol
Larry
7/14/2010 8:40am
I have been a BT fan since I saw him at the ATL SX a few years ago. He took his time to learn the track and then put in a solid ride for 2nd in his first or second SX ever.
I have been even more impressed with him this year to be so fast after a long lay off.
With heart and talent like he has BT should be around for a good long time.
dl117
Fantasy
2546th
7/14/2010 9:58am
noob wrote:
Townley's rad.

Millville 08 I am pretty sure, I was there and it was a GREAT race, then I just watched it again on the DVR to get pumped for Millville this weekend
Wandell
7/14/2010 10:32am
Had to have been 2007. Ben only raced a few 450 Nationals for Honda in 2008 and RV was racing the 250 class then.

Post a reply to: Townley, potential?

The Latest