Tour de France , who is your pick?

Shiftfaced
7/25/2018 6:37pm
Getting tired of listening to Phil Liggett saying how “disrespectful” it is that people are booing Chris Froome.

Chris was getting a little bit of a happy trigger finger with his asthma puffer, and had a hot test.

He was “cleared” weeks before the race.

When you test hot, people don’t like that, even if you can weasel out of a punishment.

Shiftfaced
7/25/2018 7:02pm
Nighttrain wrote:
“Patron” in Spanish, “Don” in Italian, ”Boss” in English. Armstrong himself was definitely a don of the peloton in his day. Hinault a famously strong don...
“Patron” in Spanish, “Don” in Italian, ”Boss” in English. Armstrong himself was definitely a don of the peloton in his day. Hinault a famously strong don. As was Merckx. Contador and Indurain, both reserved personalities, but each had the patron status no doubt. I wouldn’t say Froome is there even though he wins a lot. There’s a lot more going on than just a bunch of guys pedaling fast.
I would ad Fabian Cancelara to that list.
Nighttrain
7/25/2018 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 7:55pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this stage. Short and tough.
That was a great stage design by ASO. Froome’s cracking on the final climb was surprising but given his effort in the Giro it makes sense. Cool to see Quintanna finally do his thing.

This sucks about a fan grabbing Thomas today. Sky and Brailsford have earned the boos. Just don’t be an idiot with physically impeding a rider.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-crashed-by-gendarme-after-…
7/25/2018 11:34pm
Nighttrain wrote:
“Patron” in Spanish, “Don” in Italian, ”Boss” in English. Armstrong himself was definitely a don of the peloton in his day. Hinault a famously strong don...
“Patron” in Spanish, “Don” in Italian, ”Boss” in English. Armstrong himself was definitely a don of the peloton in his day. Hinault a famously strong don. As was Merckx. Contador and Indurain, both reserved personalities, but each had the patron status no doubt. I wouldn’t say Froome is there even though he wins a lot. There’s a lot more going on than just a bunch of guys pedaling fast.
Shiftfaced wrote:
Bingo. Spartacus. A true hero and inspirational rider. So many stunning rides, but I will never forget his Flanders ride against Sagan in 2013. The attack on Paterberg will forever give me chills.

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/26/2018 3:16am
EZZA 95B wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this stage. Short and tough.
Nighttrain wrote:
That was a great stage design by ASO. Froome’s cracking on the final climb was surprising but given his effort in the Giro it makes sense...
That was a great stage design by ASO. Froome’s cracking on the final climb was surprising but given his effort in the Giro it makes sense. Cool to see Quintanna finally do his thing.

This sucks about a fan grabbing Thomas today. Sky and Brailsford have earned the boos. Just don’t be an idiot with physically impeding a rider.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-crashed-by-gendarme-after-…
I think of Quintana as the Pedrosa of Cycling at this stage (scuse the pun) and can't stand Froome. Cadel Evens was on one of our satirical game shows this week and I can't stand that cunt either. Hated him since he was an XC MTB rider.

Nighttrain
7/26/2018 6:52am
Shiftfaced wrote:
Very true. Cancellara had some incredible rides. When he went full gas it was something to behold. My favorite rider during that time was Boonen whose sprint was often neutralized after Spartacus would go win a race with a long escape.
Nighttrain
7/26/2018 7:13am
EZZA 95B wrote:
I think of Quintana as the Pedrosa of Cycling at this stage (scuse the pun) and can't stand Froome. Cadel Evens was on one of our...
I think of Quintana as the Pedrosa of Cycling at this stage (scuse the pun) and can't stand Froome. Cadel Evens was on one of our satirical game shows this week and I can't stand that cunt either. Hated him since he was an XC MTB rider.

Laughing Evans is an odd bird but isn’t he Australian same as you?

I don’t know what gear they use now to lose so much body weight but never lose any power. Big framed guys like Froome can now get over the mountains with the leaders without losing any Time Trial capabilities. When that all started it kinda doomed the pure climbers like Quintana from winning Grand Tours. Whatever the program is it ain’t marginal gains.
71Fish
7/26/2018 7:23am
EZZA 95B wrote:
I think of Quintana as the Pedrosa of Cycling at this stage (scuse the pun) and can't stand Froome. Cadel Evens was on one of our...

Nighttrain wrote:
:laugh: Evans is an odd bird but isn’t he Australian same as you? I don’t know what gear they use now to lose so much body...
Laughing Evans is an odd bird but isn’t he Australian same as you?

I don’t know what gear they use now to lose so much body weight but never lose any power. Big framed guys like Froome can now get over the mountains with the leaders without losing any Time Trial capabilities. When that all started it kinda doomed the pure climbers like Quintana from winning Grand Tours. Whatever the program is it ain’t marginal gains.
It's those magnetic motors in the frames.
Nighttrain
7/26/2018 6:09pm

Sagan today. Sleep was unlikely for him last night.
Nighttrain
7/28/2018 9:01am
I was wrong about Geraint Thomas. He never cracked on any of the big climbs. Chapeau to the man from Wales.

Lawson Craddock has to get some love. The Texan will finish LeTour tomorrow after breaking his shoulder in a crash during Stage 1. Due to doping controls he could not be administered any of the common prescriptions used by athletes to stay in a game. And he raised charity $ to repair a velodrome effected by the Houston flood along with a community outreach to help kids who can’t afford equipment needed to enjoy track cycling. Tough as nails that kid.
51xc
7/28/2018 12:20pm
Nighttrain wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/26/277127/s1200_E01A763C_C490_4BBB_9A27_3308C1AB56B8.jpg[/img] Sagan today. Sleep was unlikely for him last night.

Sagan today. Sleep was unlikely for him last night.
strong ride by sagan. the only guy to beat sagan for the green jersey is still sagan himself. this must be his most dominante points lead so far for the green jersey.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/29/2018 3:12pm
Nighttrain wrote:
My thoughts....Dumoulin is too drained from a brutal Giro d’Italia to challenge for LeTour GC. Only Froome can possibly peak at both and that remains to...
My thoughts....Dumoulin is too drained from a brutal Giro d’Italia to challenge for LeTour GC. Only Froome can possibly peak at both and that remains to be seen. Geraint Thomas will lose many minutes on the climbs and will not be a GC animator after Alpe d’Huez. If anyone is going to beat Froome it will be Vincenzo Nibali.

Let’s see how things look after all the cobbles on stage 9. If Nibali, a skilled cobbles racer, has a big gap on Froome then things could get interesting. If not then the Sky train will control the race and it will be boring as hell same as the US Postal years.
Dumoulin, second. Cool
BMSOBx2
7/29/2018 3:58pm
Nighttrain wrote:
I was wrong about Geraint Thomas. He never cracked on any of the big climbs. Chapeau to the man from Wales. Lawson Craddock has to get...
I was wrong about Geraint Thomas. He never cracked on any of the big climbs. Chapeau to the man from Wales.

Lawson Craddock has to get some love. The Texan will finish LeTour tomorrow after breaking his shoulder in a crash during Stage 1. Due to doping controls he could not be administered any of the common prescriptions used by athletes to stay in a game. And he raised charity $ to repair a velodrome effected by the Houston flood along with a community outreach to help kids who can’t afford equipment needed to enjoy track cycling. Tough as nails that kid.
Thomas deserved it. He rode great through the whole tour. Props to Craddock for being a tough son of a b**** but I wouldn't hang my hat on being last in the tour. Great that he raised money for his charity but hopefully next time he'll be recognized for his racing rather than his perseverance.
Nighttrain
7/30/2018 2:24am
ML512 wrote:
Dumoulin, second. Cool
Yup, you correctly picked the top 3 in the first pace of this thread. Well done.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/30/2018 8:05am
ML512 wrote:
Dumoulin, second. Cool
Nighttrain wrote:
Yup, you correctly picked the top 3 in the first pace of this thread. Well done.
I get lucky once in a blue moon. Laughing
brlatm
7/30/2018 9:26am
ML512 wrote:
I get lucky once in a blue moon. Laughing
You better go play the lottery, quickly.
Nighttrain
7/30/2018 6:05pm
There are still a couple of my favorite races remaining in 2018 but they are difficult to find a stream to watch. The Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain) has more aggressive racing than Le Tour. And the Giro di Lombardia is a beautiful monument. Does anyone have a way to stream those races?
51xc
8/2/2018 2:57pm
Nighttrain wrote:
There are still a couple of my favorite races remaining in 2018 but they are difficult to find a stream to watch. The Vuelta a Espana...
There are still a couple of my favorite races remaining in 2018 but they are difficult to find a stream to watch. The Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain) has more aggressive racing than Le Tour. And the Giro di Lombardia is a beautiful monument. Does anyone have a way to stream those races?
I agree, la vuelta had much better racing than le tour for quite some years now.

Post a reply to: Tour de France , who is your pick?

The Latest