Tour de France , who is your pick?

Nighttrain
7/13/2018 8:40pm
Stage 9 with all the cobbled road sections is like throwing in an Erzberg Rodeo stage in the middle of the Dakar Rally. I wonder if some of the GC contenders will see their Yellow Jersey goals fade to bleak on Sunday? That’s what is being said by former TdF winners that have also ridden the Paris-Roubaix Classic.

There are maybe 30 in this Tour who are experienced in surviving races across the cobbles and only a few who have done well on them. The small sized climbers will take a physical pounding on the stones. With Sky’s funding and attention to detail their guys will have an advantage for sure. It’ll be cool to see what kind of special equipment and/or bikes Sky rolls out on Sunday.

Or, it may be such a shit show that they all just back it down and cruise the stage in a tranquilo tempo. I hope that doesn’t happen. What do y’all think?
hillbilly
7/14/2018 4:40am
Nighttrain wrote:
Stage 9 with all the cobbled road sections is like throwing in an Erzberg Rodeo stage in the middle of the Dakar Rally. I wonder if...
Stage 9 with all the cobbled road sections is like throwing in an Erzberg Rodeo stage in the middle of the Dakar Rally. I wonder if some of the GC contenders will see their Yellow Jersey goals fade to bleak on Sunday? That’s what is being said by former TdF winners that have also ridden the Paris-Roubaix Classic.

There are maybe 30 in this Tour who are experienced in surviving races across the cobbles and only a few who have done well on them. The small sized climbers will take a physical pounding on the stones. With Sky’s funding and attention to detail their guys will have an advantage for sure. It’ll be cool to see what kind of special equipment and/or bikes Sky rolls out on Sunday.

Or, it may be such a shit show that they all just back it down and cruise the stage in a tranquilo tempo. I hope that doesn’t happen. What do y’all think?
Niro must suck at cobbles, Greg van avermart must be a stoner.

Probably spelled that rong ,

The team director ,last name white, claims the section that is never used is going to cause crash.

Tv is using the term " patron of the pelton" , Armstrong's new podcast is sponsored by patron and started naming guys the patron on the first stage show,tv just 2 stages ago. No cowinkadink
Nighttrain
7/14/2018 8:09am
“Patron” in Spanish, “Don” in Italian, ”Boss” in English. Armstrong himself was definitely a don of the peloton in his day. Hinault a famously strong don. As was Merckx. Contador and Indurain, both reserved personalities, but each had the patron status no doubt. I wouldn’t say Froome is there even though he wins a lot. There’s a lot more going on than just a bunch of guys pedaling fast.
hillbilly
7/15/2018 4:21am
Nighttrain wrote:
“Patron” in Spanish, “Don” in Italian, ”Boss” in English. Armstrong himself was definitely a don of the peloton in his day. Hinault a famously strong don...
“Patron” in Spanish, “Don” in Italian, ”Boss” in English. Armstrong himself was definitely a don of the peloton in his day. Hinault a famously strong don. As was Merckx. Contador and Indurain, both reserved personalities, but each had the patron status no doubt. I wouldn’t say Froome is there even though he wins a lot. There’s a lot more going on than just a bunch of guys pedaling fast.
But,never heard the tv guy refer to anyone as the patron ,and it happens 5 days after the patron sponsored podcast starts calling out a rider as that.

Lance still has a friend.

Richie is cursed.

The Shop

Fox88
Fantasy
35th
7/15/2018 5:31am
I'm glad to see Teejay VG get his shot..
hillbilly
7/15/2018 5:56am
Fox88 wrote:
I'm glad to see Teejay VG get his shot..
He had a good shot a few years back but came unglued. Seems like he didn't eat enuff or something ,just tell apart.
hillbilly
7/15/2018 6:23am
Funny sagan commercial.

TJV is wadding up ,made my knee hurt.
hillbilly
7/15/2018 7:02am
15, kilometres to go afat guy and a skinny fuck get ready as they leave that cobble to spit on froome . Snail sucking scum.
Nighttrain
7/15/2018 7:42am
hillbilly wrote:
Funny sagan commercial.

Sagan is the best thing to happen to Pro Cycling in a very long time. After today I think Froome will win this TdF handily with Sky dominating the pace in the mountains. Hell, Geraint Thomas may end up 2nd.

Movistar did look good today. I was wrong with the prediction Quintana would lose time today. The riders traversing the cobbled sections looked totally different today than when the do the Paris Roubaix in the spring. The roads are damp and slicker in the spring.

Hillbilly, check out some of the Paris Roubaix classics on YouTube. You’ll like those I’m thinking.
Nighttrain
7/15/2018 8:01am
That sucks about Uran losing time today. If there is any hope for anything but a Sky domination it will take GC contenders on different teams to work together with attacks in the mountains. Funny, that’s what they used to say about Armstrong and US Postal.
51xc
7/15/2018 12:17pm
so happy for degenkolb. must be such a big weight off his shoulders.
BMSOBx2
7/15/2018 3:48pm
Okay, the organizers wanted to shake it up prior to the mountain stages and I think they accomplished their goal. Brutal stage.
hillbilly
7/15/2018 5:13pm
hillbilly wrote:
Funny sagan commercial.

Nighttrain wrote:
Sagan is the best thing to happen to Pro Cycling in a very long time. After today I think Froome will win this TdF handily with...
Sagan is the best thing to happen to Pro Cycling in a very long time. After today I think Froome will win this TdF handily with Sky dominating the pace in the mountains. Hell, Geraint Thomas may end up 2nd.

Movistar did look good today. I was wrong with the prediction Quintana would lose time today. The riders traversing the cobbled sections looked totally different today than when the do the Paris Roubaix in the spring. The roads are damp and slicker in the spring.

Hillbilly, check out some of the Paris Roubaix classics on YouTube. You’ll like those I’m thinking.
I have,

I watch bobketv and Bob loves that rac e

Froome will get taken out by some wack job fan in the mountains .

If lemond was the one who leaked the froome story out of the uci ,I wonder if he regrets it.
lumpy790
7/16/2018 5:16am
Amazing that the top 3 could pull 1 minute away just before the finish.

I can not understand why they would not clean the sand/dirt off the pavement on some of those tight turns. Yellow shirt almost went through the bushes in that pile up.
Nighttrain
7/16/2018 12:34pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Amazing that the top 3 could pull 1 minute away just before the finish. I can not understand why they would not clean the sand/dirt off...
Amazing that the top 3 could pull 1 minute away just before the finish.

I can not understand why they would not clean the sand/dirt off the pavement on some of those tight turns. Yellow shirt almost went through the bushes in that pile up.
The stones have dirt in between them some sweeping or blowing wouldn’t be effective. Plus the lead cars and motorcycles that roll thru first were kicking up dust that was settling on the stones. Someone said on a podcast that it’s the dry season there and there’d not been rain in a couple of weeks. I think Hincapie commented that he was surprised the riders didn’t adjust their speeds entering cobbled turns since all were slick.

Tomorrow the GC picture should be more clear. The first climbing stage, yesterday’s cobbles, today’s rest day....a trifecta of problematic circumstances.
Nighttrain
7/16/2018 12:42pm
Checkout JeredGruber on instagram for some cool pics. His slideshow from yesterday is very good.
Shiftfaced
7/16/2018 12:59pm
TdF= Christmas in July!

Was hoping that BMC/Porte had something for Sky this year.

Now it is all up to Moviestar, and their three-headed monster.

For what it is worth, I am a huge fan of Sagan.
hillbilly
7/21/2018 6:21am
Shiftfaced wrote:
TdF= Christmas in July! Was hoping that BMC/Porte had something for Sky this year. Now it is all up to Moviestar, and their three-headed monster. For...
TdF= Christmas in July!

Was hoping that BMC/Porte had something for Sky this year.

Now it is all up to Moviestar, and their three-headed monster.

For what it is worth, I am a huge fan of Sagan.
Tom either played sky or was lucky to bring both into the finish at the alp.

Sky may regret not sending G Thomas and gaining time if froome cracks,he looked gassed that day.

G Thomas will regret that day The rest of his life,

Stage 17, will be epic.
hillbilly
7/21/2018 7:04am
Just said nibali teams getting lawyers ready over the crash , camera strap.

You buy the ticket you take the ride.
MR. X
7/21/2018 7:15am
I saw a video of a guy on mountain bike jump over the road as the riders were going by . Was that from this year's tour?
ocscottie
7/21/2018 7:55am
MR. X wrote:
I saw a video of a guy on mountain bike jump over the road as the riders were going by . Was that from this year's...
I saw a video of a guy on mountain bike jump over the road as the riders were going by . Was that from this year's tour?
yup that was rad!
Nighttrain
7/21/2018 9:54am
MR. X wrote:
I saw a video of a guy on mountain bike jump over the road as the riders were going by . Was that from this year's...
One of my favorite parts in this Tour was the dude flying over the road on a bike. It sucks about Nibali’s injury. That’s a complex issue for sure with even racers having different views for a solution. I’ve been on the side of a mountain for a Giro d’Italia stage. It’s an amazing scene unlike any other sporting event I’ve ever witnessed.

This TdF will have the least likely (most suspicious?) podium I ever remember if ends I think it will (Thomas, Froome, Dumoulin). For the final ITT all 3 are exceptionally strong. Either way I think you are right, Hillbilly. The short climbfest stage 17 should be a fun one.
71Fish
7/21/2018 10:50am
Sky's post race dinners must be fun.
51xc
7/23/2018 12:02pm
MR. X wrote:
that was pretty boring tbh. that one here was cool, backflip on a road bike over the street.

https://youtu.be/X8TLp2t8bJI
Nighttrain
7/24/2018 9:10am
Wow, that was deja vu in the worst possible way when Gilbert crashed on the descent off the Col de Portet d'Aspet. The same mountain where Motorola’s Casartelli died in ‘95. I was watching the race on ESPN at a hotel bar in the French Quarter the day Casartelli died. Thankfully Gilbert wasn’t near the speed of Casartelli’s crash and he remounted his bike.
Nighttrain
7/24/2018 9:18am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 9:19am
71Fish wrote:
Sky's post race dinners must be fun.
I usually like the spectacle that Brailsford adds to bicycle racing. He’s a good heel in a sport of mostly subdued personalities. But talking sh*t about French fans while his riders are in the middle of a Tour de France is pretty stupid. Especially since he watches the race from a team bus with no risk of getting spit on, piss thrown on or punched.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/24/2018 4:19pm
Pretty hectic last few days! Moscon throwing a punch, pepper-spray, Gilbert going over the ledge...
Nighttrain
7/24/2018 7:21pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Pretty hectic last few days! Moscon throwing a punch, pepper-spray, Gilbert going over the ledge...
Tomorrow decides the 2018 TdF, I think. It’s a unique, potentially ballistic stage suited for small climbers who have disappeared in the modern GT’s. Dumoulin, Froome and Thomas should all be within 30secs of each other in the following ITT. I wonder if Thomas throws the race to Froome tomorrow?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/25/2018 1:48am
Nighttrain wrote:
Tomorrow decides the 2018 TdF, I think. It’s a unique, potentially ballistic stage suited for small climbers who have disappeared in the modern GT’s. Dumoulin, Froome...
Tomorrow decides the 2018 TdF, I think. It’s a unique, potentially ballistic stage suited for small climbers who have disappeared in the modern GT’s. Dumoulin, Froome and Thomas should all be within 30secs of each other in the following ITT. I wonder if Thomas throws the race to Froome tomorrow?
I'm really looking forward to this stage. Short and tough.

Post a reply to: Tour de France , who is your pick?

The Latest