Tough block fix

KBOLTZ
3/6/2018 8:56pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
All this tough block ranting got me thinking. I agree that this past weekend was an extreme situation with the amount of riders that encountered the...
All this tough block ranting got me thinking.

I agree that this past weekend was an extreme situation with the amount of riders that encountered the same type of crash in the same location... that is not a coincidence. I am also in agreement that if you don’t want to get caught up with a tough block then don’t run the edge of the track but when pushing that hard sometimes shit happens.

Weather it was rider error this past weekend or the fast line just pushed towards the edge of the track, I believe there is something that could make this safer for all the riders in the future.

My proposed idea is to use a triangulated tough block on the lips of the triples or bigger takeoffs. This would allow riders to hug the edge of the track and even touch the edge of a block with their tire without catching a peg. The square edges and flat faces on rectangle blocks cause pegs/boots to snag relatively easy. I made up some quick renders of what it could look like below. I’m not saying that riders wouldn’t snag but I definitely think it would be wayyyy less. Would like to hear opinions on weather this would work or not.

yz133rider wrote:
I like it a lot. Maybe round the front a bit but its a massive improvement i would think.
Yea rounding would help the edges for sure. Noted!
3/6/2018 9:52pm
Anyone who catches a block should be required to run nerf bars In the next SX race which they participate. They should also be made to wear the Troy Lee Desingns clown kit. Either that or make the tracks out of Monster Energy Drink.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/7/2018 3:39am
kkawboy14 wrote:
If they were gone the riders would push the track even more. Cheating the track trying to gain an advantage. There is a point on the...
If they were gone the riders would push the track even more. Cheating the track trying to gain an advantage. There is a point on the edge that the edge would collapse under the stress of the bike and rider. That collapse would injure the rider also.

They are there for a reason.
You can’t honestly believe what you’re posting ??

The Shop

yz133rider
3/7/2018 9:05am
kkawboy14 wrote:
If they were gone the riders would push the track even more. Cheating the track trying to gain an advantage. There is a point on the...
If they were gone the riders would push the track even more. Cheating the track trying to gain an advantage. There is a point on the edge that the edge would collapse under the stress of the bike and rider. That collapse would injure the rider also.

They are there for a reason.
langhammx wrote:
You can’t honestly believe what you’re posting ??

Yeah as if they've never hit a jump without tough blocks 1000s of times lol.

Post a reply to: Tough block fix

The Latest