Top rider with no ride

me_da_racer
Edited Date/Time 9/18/2014 9:44pm
Who do y'all think will be the best rider in 2015 who doesn't have some type of full ride. By full ride I'm saying has to pay for stuff or no salary.
|
mxracer317
9/14/2014 10:46pm
Jake Weimer. Dude is down on his luck right now. Super super talented. Someone pick that kid up!
TDeath21
9/14/2014 10:49pm
mxracer317 wrote:
Jake Weimer. Dude is down on his luck right now. Super super talented. Someone pick that kid up!
He had his chance. It seems harsh but it's true. He was on a top team training with best rider in the world for 4 years and never delivered like a factory rider should. He's going to have to make due with a factory supported team at best for 2015. He does have tons of talent, so we will see if he turns things around.
MXerDW
9/14/2014 11:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2014 11:22pm
Brett Metcalfe. deserves a ride, but not sure he wants to race SX.

Then there is Pourcel, hopefully he gets that PC 450 ride thast floating around.

Oh American Josh Hill.

The Shop

Bressler11
9/15/2014 5:16am
In My Opinion Ronnie Stewart, He Now has a National number of 69
9/15/2014 5:21am
MXerDW wrote:
Brett Metcalfe. deserves a ride, but not sure he wants to race SX. Then there is Pourcel, hopefully he gets that PC 450 ride thast floating...
Brett Metcalfe. deserves a ride, but not sure he wants to race SX.

Then there is Pourcel, hopefully he gets that PC 450 ride thast floating around.

Oh American Josh Hill.
Quote!
mxdude105
9/15/2014 5:47am
mxracer317 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
He had his chance. It seems harsh but it's true. He was on a top team training with best rider in the world for 4 years...
He had his chance. It seems harsh but it's true. He was on a top team training with best rider in the world for 4 years and never delivered like a factory rider should. He's going to have to make due with a factory supported team at best for 2015. He does have tons of talent, so we will see if he turns things around.
I agree. Jake's had a ride on arguably the top team in the sport for 4 years and has done almost nothing with it, in SX or MX. I think it's time for him to do his own thing for a year or two and see if that lights a fire under his ass. I'll go with Metcalfe as the top guy not having a ride, dude was rock solid all summer and was a consistent top-5 threat.
9/15/2014 6:48am
man...Weimer. At the end of 2010 he waxed everybody in the 250 shootout in Vegas. I was really impressed with his ride, but since then he just disappeared.
He needs a breakout ride- something to get excited about. He better turn things around quick.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/15/2014 8:20am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 8:21am
Weimer seems to be a little bit of a head case. All those guys are talented, but to be a champion, you have to be mentally strong and DIG DEEP ! He hasn't shown a side of him that gives the impression that he REALLY WANTS IT !

Pourcel- tons of natural talent, but maybe too much of a headache for some teams. Too bad, cause he's arguably the most talented rider on the track.

Josh Hill- I wonder if he'll land anything ? Great kid, tons of talent, he might get a fill in ride if someone gets hurt.

Chisolm- hmmm.... Another rider worthy of top 10 finishes, but I'm not sure if he'll get a ride he deserves next year.

Metcalfe- contracted for Canada, I'm pretty sure.

Cunningham- damn, I sure wish he could step it up to where he's capable of riding. A 450 ride might be what he needs to do now. He's been on the 250 too long !

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
9/15/2014 8:27am
man...Weimer. At the end of 2010 he waxed everybody in the 250 shootout in Vegas. I was really impressed with his ride, but since then he...
man...Weimer. At the end of 2010 he waxed everybody in the 250 shootout in Vegas. I was really impressed with his ride, but since then he just disappeared.
He needs a breakout ride- something to get excited about. He better turn things around quick.
This is what I think of about Weimer's potential every time this topic comes up.

He's got skills for sure, he also has some bad luck and other guys have had their way with him early in his 450 career.

I think he can do it!

captmoto
9/15/2014 8:37am
It's a shame he hasn't done better but not all proven 250F guys make the transition for one reason or another. Weimers seems to be mostly due to injury. It's just the way the cards fell and the nature of the business that he may well be without a proper ride.
Gringoe
9/15/2014 8:50am
How the hell did this go from basically a privateer thread, to a thread about weimer. Who will by the way have a decent ride for next year.

I wonder why I post here at all
BobPA
9/15/2014 8:56am
Gringoe wrote:
How the hell did this go from basically a privateer thread, to a thread about weimer. Who will by the way have a decent ride for...
How the hell did this go from basically a privateer thread, to a thread about weimer. Who will by the way have a decent ride for next year.

You don't have to post?
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
9/15/2014 9:21am
Bressler11 wrote:
In My Opinion Ronnie Stewart, He Now has a National number of 69
Great rider, no doubt. Top level rider deserving of a top level ride? I would have to say no. He has a ways to go before any of the bigger teams look at him. That said, I hope he has a break out year this year!
wow123
9/15/2014 9:24am
Gringoe wrote:
How the hell did this go from basically a privateer thread, to a thread about weimer. Who will by the way have a decent ride for...

I agree, why did you post? you slammed others, contributed nothing on the topic you say its about and then added info on the one guy you are saying is getting to much attention, very strange stuff.

I don't know the circumstances of the privateers, but I'm all ear from those that do.

brocster
9/15/2014 9:29am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 9:30am
Gringoe wrote:

spill the beans of "said" decent ride then, gringoe...
albythizzle
9/15/2014 10:11am
I like Weimer a lot, but I agree he has seemed to lost his spark over the years. I hope he can turn it around, love watching that guy ride when he has the fire burning. How many spots are left on these teams? When do they typically "end hiring" for sx?
RangerLee
9/15/2014 10:18am
I feel bad for Weimer. His dad lost their farm while supporting Jake in his bid to make it as a pro. When Jake did get signed and made some money, he bought his dad a new farm, which is awesome as hell.

Now to be in this position, that sucks, I hope he can make a comeback.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/15/2014 11:08am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 11:09am
RangerLee wrote:
I feel bad for Weimer. His dad lost their farm while supporting Jake in his bid to make it as a pro. When Jake did get...
I feel bad for Weimer. His dad lost their farm while supporting Jake in his bid to make it as a pro. When Jake did get signed and made some money, he bought his dad a new farm, which is awesome as hell.

Now to be in this position, that sucks, I hope he can make a comeback.
I could be wrong but If I remember right his dad didn't "lose the farm" He sold the farm to get Jake to the races and make sure he had every chance to make it. There is a big difference between the two. But glad to see he bought another one so when Jake is done racing he will have a place to work in a family business.
DEMONDAVE
9/15/2014 11:47am
Ronnie Stewert
Nick Schmidt
Kyle Chisem
all should have some level of support

Jake whimer not should the level he receives now but should have something going
JACK_Schit
9/15/2014 4:28pm
mxracer317 wrote:
Bad luck Jake in 2014. MX is brutal!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/15/2014 7:48pm
DEMONDAVE wrote:
Ronnie Stewert Nick Schmidt Kyle Chisem all should have some level of support Jake whimer not should the level he receives now but should have something...
Ronnie Stewert
Nick Schmidt
Kyle Chisem

Jake whimer not should the level he receives now but should have something going
You should not type when drunk. At least, I assume you're drunk...or home schooled, judging by the number of typos.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/15/2014 7:51pm
DEMONDAVE wrote:
Ronnie Stewert Nick Schmidt Kyle Chisem all should have some level of support Jake whimer not should the level he receives now but should have something...
Ronnie Stewert
Nick Schmidt
Kyle Chisem

Decoder ring:

Ronnie Stewert = Ronnie Stewart
Kyle Chisem = Kyle Chisholm
Jake whimer = Jake Weimer
9/15/2014 7:54pm
It would be awesome to see Ronnie with some more support. Speaking of another privateer, I know Broc Schmelyun just parted ways with his old team.
JG463
9/15/2014 9:17pm
Killy Rusk!

Dude had some awesome rides this year. With the right help, he could be a top 10 guy.
PJ205
9/15/2014 9:42pm
Gringoe wrote:

wow123 wrote:
I agree, why did you post? you slammed others, contributed nothing on the topic you say its about and then added info on the one guy...

I agree, why did you post? you slammed others, contributed nothing on the topic you say its about and then added info on the one guy you are saying is getting to much attention, very strange stuff.

I don't know the circumstances of the privateers, but I'm all ear from those that do.

What he said.

Post a reply to: Top rider with no ride

The Latest