Top Notch Jersey Printer... Finally, and he is a vital member!

nch209
Edited Date/Time 5/17/2017 3:18pm
Looking for a one off jersey printer? I think we found him. Sean Light, and he is a vital member. Read on...

Over the years I have had many jerseys printed/numbered, and just seemed to settle on the big and cartoonish designs that everyone does. After all, it's just lettering, right? Who cares? Well last years jerseys went to the same old dude, and came back horrible! Wrong colors and placement adorned them, and worst is he was nasty about it and basically said too bad! Even the earlier ones that looked decent were still big and heavy thick vinyl. Blahhhh

Well this year I switched from Thor to Seven gear and wanted to mimic their print fonts and designs. They don't do printing except for their sponsored riders, so my task was to find someone who could. Found a guy in the USA who came close, but just wasn't getting what I wanted. A guy in Europe does top notch stuff, but too costly to get it to him. Frustrated, I came across a post Sean made here on vital offering to do members jerseys and decided to give him a shot.

After a few prompt emails back and forth discussing designs, I had proofs to choose from, and felt so comfortable his work, I drop shipped a few more items to him.

He just shipped out the stuff now and I am eagerly awaiting it for the weekend! Here are some inprogress pics to hold all of us over until they show up and I can give a good solid review. So far his attention to detail and overall pleasantness is second to none! A peak of his Instagram is telling as well- if you want clean sharp designs, at reasonable prices, look no further.

I'll update once I get them in my hands!

|
MOTO120
5/17/2017 4:05am
Wow, very cool! Do you have an email address or website for him?
wojo108
5/17/2017 4:18am
Damn those look great! I'd definitely be interested in getting some work done. Please post the info to get in contact
nch209
5/17/2017 9:56am
^
Sure.

His name here is Sean_Light Check out some of his posts, he talks about various printing/lettering methods.

His website is http://www.seanlight.info

His instigram is https://www.instagram.com/seanlight/

You can just see his clean style and if your into it, I'm sure he can work up some neat stuf for you guys.

Cheers
Nch209

The Shop

Katoomey
5/17/2017 10:20am
Ok...might be totally off base here...but do you need permission to print those logos for resale?
yep, you are off base. nice try at stirring shit though...sorry there isn't any drama here for ya.
nch209
5/17/2017 10:32am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2017 10:37am
Can't wait to get them!
Hudweiser9
5/17/2017 10:40am
Wasn't there another dude on Vital selling old school / vintage style jerseys using company logo''s awhile back and took a beating over copyright laws? Can't remember his name, think he finally had enough and went away.
RandyS
5/17/2017 11:20am
Decorating a finished product that you own is a gray area. From everything I've learned in 30 plus years in the apparel business, if it's not being resold the owner has no foul. The decorator is the only one with liability, but nobody is going to get hassled for putting logos on a few jerseys for one customer.

Funny that nobody ever worries about the graphics they put on their bikes, that is a blatant trademark infringement. With the exception of a handful of big players anytime you order graphics with any product that you don't have expressed written permission to reproduce or use you are violating that trademark, both buyer and manufacturer I believe. Again it's been going on so long now there isn't much worry about anyone being hassled or sued because they are ones and twos.

I did sublimated apparel for almost 15 years, for the most part it was for teams, manufacturers, or dealers all of whom had permission in their contracts to reproduce for advertising. But at times I had to send a proof to the major sponsors for approval before I started. If you're sponsored by a company they want you to push their product but most of them have guidelines on how their logo must be displayed so ask them for the guideline file and follow it. ie:pantone numbers for colors, this color combo on light backgrounds, this one on dark. If they don't have a set color/multi color for their logo it's usually black on light, white on dark. And just from dealing with them with legitimate teams, don't ever reproduce a Red Bull or Fox logo. Red Bull especially.

I am not a lawyer, this is just from experience so don't take anything I write as gospel.
5/17/2017 11:31am
I live in Europe and it would probably cost alot for me to send gear over to the US. May i have the contact info (or instagram etc.) to the guy you knew about in Europe?
5/17/2017 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2017 1:37pm
Ok...might be totally off base here...but do you need permission to print those logos for resale?
Katoomey wrote:
yep, you are off base. nice try at stirring shit though...sorry there isn't any drama here for ya.
That is an interesting read you made into my intentions for that post. Pretty much 100% off base.

I didn't realize he is just adding name and number to existing jerseys.

I dont see how that is a problem...my bad.

NATEP231
5/17/2017 1:53pm
Katoomey wrote:
That is an interesting read you made into my intentions for that post. Pretty much 100% off base. I didn't realize he is just adding name...
That is an interesting read you made into my intentions for that post. Pretty much 100% off base.

I didn't realize he is just adding name and number to existing jerseys.

I dont see how that is a problem...my bad.

I have never really understood the reason why they wouldn't want their logo out there? I mean its advertisement for the brand, it's not like that company was ever going to go out of its way to print something for someone on a jersey but heaven forbid if Joe Blow does it
nch209
5/17/2017 3:18pm
I felt compelled to delete my first pic. Sean did a top notch design, and although I know the folks at those companies from my "in" days, I felt this going downhill so I just deleted it. Bottom line, he does great work- the end.
nch209
5/18/2017 8:43pm
Well my jerseys showed up a day early, packed neatly, and also received a generous amount of stickers with my name and number as a bonus! No time to snap pics, but a quick look over shows incredible attention to detail.... Everything properly spaced, clean, and neat. Also super lightweight material so it feels like it's not even there. I lucked out finding this guy, and look forward to him doing more stuff for me!
5/18/2017 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 9:25pm
I foresee a bunch of amateur copyright lawyers hurriedly running for their soapbox and pitchforks to hound this guy off of vital.
nch209
5/19/2017 4:06am
rippinruts wrote:
I live in Europe and it would probably cost alot for me to send gear over to the US. May i have the contact info (or...
I live in Europe and it would probably cost alot for me to send gear over to the US. May i have the contact info (or instagram etc.) to the guy you knew about in Europe?
Google/Instagram Watson decals. Looks like decent work. looking over my Sean light jerseys, I'm throughly impressed. Will post pics later
Red141
5/19/2017 6:07am
OP, thanks for posting Sean's info and your experience with his work. I reached out to him and will have him do some work for me too.

Post a reply to: Top Notch Jersey Printer... Finally, and he is a vital member!

The Latest