Took a hell of a digger today.

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 10:23pm
Planned this Thursday for a ride day with me and a couple buddies up at a private track today , and it was awesome! I just really dig the dirt in the fall with all the heavy dews in the mornings.

I was hitting this little 45' double all day which is kind of tricky to do. Not much of a landing ramp so you have to time it just right to land it smooth. Well , my last lap over it , I nailed it perfect , but was on the gas pretty hard when I landed. The front end just totally knifed over to the left , rear end started to pass me and i high sided at about 3rd gear , 3/4 throttle.

I smacked the ground pretty hard and knock the hell out of me. laid there for about 5 minutes before a buddy helped me get up. My entire right side of my body is friggin' sore! Supposed to go riding again on Saturday at the same track....which I will.

Holy hell.....that was my first wreck i have had since i came back to riding.....i forgot how bad that shit hurts when you get older. Gonna be walking crooked tomorrow for sure.

BTW....twisted the forks pretty good in the clamps and smashed in my right radiator a little.....but i can straiten it back out. So nothing needs to be replaced....I think. Check it out a little more tomorrow.

|
Picardo
10/14/2010 9:01pm
You are accident prone. I suggest quiting before killing yourself.
BobbyM
10/14/2010 9:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Planned this Thursday for a ride day with me and a couple buddies up at a private track today , and it was awesome! I just...
Planned this Thursday for a ride day with me and a couple buddies up at a private track today , and it was awesome! I just really dig the dirt in the fall with all the heavy dews in the mornings.

I was hitting this little 45' double all day which is kind of tricky to do. Not much of a landing ramp so you have to time it just right to land it smooth. Well , my last lap over it , I nailed it perfect , but was on the gas pretty hard when I landed. The front end just totally knifed over to the left , rear end started to pass me and i high sided at about 3rd gear , 3/4 throttle.

I smacked the ground pretty hard and knock the hell out of me. laid there for about 5 minutes before a buddy helped me get up. My entire right side of my body is friggin' sore! Supposed to go riding again on Saturday at the same track....which I will.

Holy hell.....that was my first wreck i have had since i came back to riding.....i forgot how bad that shit hurts when you get older. Gonna be walking crooked tomorrow for sure.

BTW....twisted the forks pretty good in the clamps and smashed in my right radiator a little.....but i can straiten it back out. So nothing needs to be replaced....I think. Check it out a little more tomorrow.

glad yer ok..but motocross is riding not jumping. you should ride motocross...it is safer
Camp332
10/14/2010 9:13pm
Dude, smooth it out. You just came back to riding from a horrible injury. There is some sort of brain matter in your melon. Use it while riding, brah. Feel better!
jeffro503
10/14/2010 9:42pm
Picardo wrote:
Hmmm??....you signed up yesterday and you are saying i'm accident prone? You figured that all out by my one post? And i aint quitting.....just got banged up , it happens. Just hurts more that i'm older.

The Shop

jeffro503
10/14/2010 9:43pm
Camp and Bobby......i know , I know. Shit happens. Believe me....I didn't want to go down.....just happened. Paying for it tonight though......uuhhgg!!
Sandberm
10/14/2010 9:45pm
1st lap on Saturday, hit that jump like nothing ever happened. You know thats what has to be done.
DanDunes818
10/14/2010 9:54pm
Picardo wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Hmmm??....you signed up yesterday and you are saying i'm accident prone? You figured that all out by my one post? And i aint quitting.....just got banged...
Hmmm??....you signed up yesterday and you are saying i'm accident prone? You figured that all out by my one post? And i aint quitting.....just got banged up , it happens. Just hurts more that i'm older.
Motocross will always remind you real fast how quickly things can go wrong. That's why I always loved it. That line between chaos and controlled chaos is so thin in mx .

I for sure know that feeling of the first real high speed crash after a long lay off. After I got through it though uninjured I felt so much better about racing. You remember you can take it and get back on the bike.
adamdf
10/14/2010 10:05pm
Glad your ok Jeffro.

As far as soreness goes, i'm realizing stretching etc before playing soccer after years of not playing is really important! pulled muscles in the first 10 minutes of playing and couldnt walk properly for a day, lol, then played again yesterday, and now cant walk again..i'm only 25, what the heck? LoL....i definitely don't get that from riding, surprising what a simple run around with the legs can do to ya...
Ddavis
10/14/2010 10:05pm
Glad to hear that your okay. I had one of those swap-out-crashes about 3 weeks ago. Doesnt matter if your 16 or 40, still hurts!
10/14/2010 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2010 11:35pm
Pleased to hear you walked...er, limped away from it.

I notice you haven't posted anything (yet) on GODMODE's 'biggest jump you've done' thread. You weren't by any chance trying to land a big one at the private track so that you'd have something to boast about, were you?
mxtryon231
10/15/2010 1:07am
Thought god made dirt and dirt don't hurt?

Hahaha glad you are ok!
munsch121
10/15/2010 6:47am
Sandberm wrote:
1st lap on Saturday, hit that jump like nothing ever happened. You know thats what has to be done.
DAMN RIGHT, have to exercise those demons !! Every jump, turn, whoop and bump I have ever wrecked on I think about every single time I ride that track again, until I hit that same obstacle the first lap of practice and nail it, then its like it never happened !!! Glad your ok man.....now start the exorcism Wink
robkinuk
10/15/2010 7:12am
Took a hell of a digger today! Read that and thought you were fessing up to stealing a JCB Digger!WinkLaughing
Highsider
10/15/2010 8:43am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2010 9:05am
Motocross will always remind you real fast how quickly things can go wrong. That's why I always loved it. That line between chaos and controlled chaos...
Motocross will always remind you real fast how quickly things can go wrong. That's why I always loved it. That line between chaos and controlled chaos is so thin in mx .

I for sure know that feeling of the first real high speed crash after a long lay off. After I got through it though uninjured I felt so much better about racing. You remember you can take it and get back on the bike.
That line between chaos and controlled chaos is so thin in mx .
Funny...last Sunday I was lined up at Millville and the young guy next to me says, "Are you ready for the chaos to begin?"
Cool
Jeff- you are doing it right. Just remember if you decide to sell out cheap, I might be interested!
DanDunes818
10/15/2010 9:00am
Motocross will always remind you real fast how quickly things can go wrong. That's why I always loved it. That line between chaos and controlled chaos...

Highsider wrote:
That line between chaos and controlled chaos is so thin in mx . Funny...last Sunday I was lined up at Millville and the young guy next...
That line between chaos and controlled chaos is so thin in mx .
Funny...last Sunday I was lined up at Millville and the young guy next to me says, "Are you ready for the chaos to begin?"
Cool
Jeff- you are doing it right. Just remember if you decide to sell out cheap, I might be interested!
"..last Sunday I was lined up at Millville and the young guy next to me says, "Are you ready for the chaos to begin?"

I wish I could of typed that at some point in my life. Millville is one of the few places that I always dreamed of racing at but never got the chance to.

adamdf
10/15/2010 9:01am
robkinuk wrote:
Took a hell of a digger today! Read that and thought you were fessing up to stealing a JCB Digger!WinkLaughing
Ey Rob, sent you a direct email, ya got it?
jeffro503
10/15/2010 9:03am
Antipodean wrote:
Pleased to hear you walked...er, limped away from it. I notice you haven't posted anything (yet) on GODMODE's 'biggest jump you've done' thread. You weren't by...
Pleased to hear you walked...er, limped away from it.

I notice you haven't posted anything (yet) on GODMODE's 'biggest jump you've done' thread. You weren't by any chance trying to land a big one at the private track so that you'd have something to boast about, were you?
Well...definitely not a big jump. Just really tricky to do , since right when you land it , it goes to the left immediately right after the landing. The landing ramp is about the same length as my bike and i was landing it with the front end down and smooth as hell. What got me in trouble was the loose dirt ( like 6" of loam ) the front end just stuck , bucked me off and i stuck like a lawn dart.

I have done quite a few jumps since i came back that were a lot bigger and hairier than this set of double.....but i just made a mistake. About 6 years ago out at the longview MX track ( barlow MX ) i was out in the far back designing a huge double with the owner one day and kept telling him to make it bigger and bigger. He said if I cleared it , he would name it after me. Take off and landing ramps were about 10' and it was a 115' gap. I did about 15 good dry runs up to it , to figure out my speed , while about 50 people from the pits came out to see if i was going to do it. I finally got it , and hit it at about 4th gear pinned up to the face , let off and then blipped it a little up the face......cleared it perfect! That SOB shot me so high , i damn near shat my pants.

I went on to clear that thing about 50 times that day and flat spotted both front and rear wheels from the landings.....but he named the jump " Huber hump".......which was really cool.

I've always been known out here as one of the guys to try something first....and some times it doesn't go all that well.

Yesterday bummed me out. But it wasn't from laying on the ground being hurt.....it was because the track was perfect and i knew my riding day was over.

Sandberm : you are right......i'm hitting that SOB my second lap on Saturday.

Oh yeah.....i'm walking around ok , just really stiff. But my end of my collar bone where it attaches to the top of my shoulder is extremely sore. So glad i didn't break anything.
robkinuk
10/15/2010 9:59am
adamdf wrote:
Ey Rob, sent you a direct email, ya got it?
Yes Adam, I'll get back to you soon !

Post a reply to: Took a hell of a digger today.

The Latest