Too soon for local races?

876moto
Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 12:18pm
This weekend there are a few tracks starting to open up for races. Easy question. Is it too soon for local races?
Poll

Is it too soon for local races?

Choices
|
HondaFan33
4/28/2020 6:54am
Depends on where you are, so long as it’s not a hard hit place why not race? There’s only two covid-19 patients in my local hospital not like resources are stretched thin here.
gt80rider
4/28/2020 6:57am
At this point, I don't know how you are gonna keep everyone at home... Get out, but be smart about it... Like, no extended french kissing random people standing along the fence.. ya dig?
4/28/2020 7:04am
gt80rider wrote:
At this point, I don't know how you are gonna keep everyone at home... Get out, but be smart about it... Like, no extended french kissing...
At this point, I don't know how you are gonna keep everyone at home... Get out, but be smart about it... Like, no extended french kissing random people standing along the fence.. ya dig?
Stop infringing on my rights.

The Shop

ktmdan
4/28/2020 12:05pm
I've got two races in May I'm planning to hit up.
Us dirt bike riders really aren't the brightest demographic though...
I didn't vote because IDK
MX304
Fantasy
3753rd
4/28/2020 3:37pm
Depends on the area. We have very few cases where I am and the hospital is pretty much empty. I think we'll get back to racing Mid May if everything continues on the current trend.
4/28/2020 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2020 4:47pm
The US had 25,000 new cases of coronavirus and 2,400 deaths JUST YESTERDAY..
yes it’s too soon to go racing, or be doing a lot of things 🤦‍♀️
4/28/2020 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2020 5:05pm
Perfectly stated. ^^^

Life has to go on. If not, things are going to deteriorate where we have much larger problems. People are going to die of a thousand different things...nobody gets out alive.

Kawi15
4/28/2020 8:34pm
VetMX.com wrote:
The CV hoax is over. This video has been scrubbed from the net by Goog and YT. Watch it before they find it and scrub again...
The CV hoax is over. This video has been scrubbed from the net by Goog and YT. Watch it before they find it and scrub again. 2 real doctors telling the truth.
https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/watch/very-important-covid19-briefing-with-dr-erickson-end-the-lockdown-now_qYvgxFHwhnM7b4z.html
I like what this guy says, and I think he is right on. With that said, I think yes.. Go Race, Go Work, even Open the Restaurants. Let people live, work and support their families.
FortyHat
4/28/2020 9:12pm
VetMX.com wrote:
The CV hoax is over. This video has been scrubbed from the net by Goog and YT. Watch it before they find it and scrub again...
The CV hoax is over. This video has been scrubbed from the net by Goog and YT. Watch it before they find it and scrub again. 2 real doctors telling the truth.
https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/watch/very-important-covid19-briefing-with-dr-erickson-end-the-lockdown-now_qYvgxFHwhnM7b4z.html
I hate listening to this guy because what he's saying reinforces all of my suspicions about overreacting and what motivations and forces might be behind that. And I've been a model citizen with social distancing and isolation (not super hard when I normally work from home anyway), abiding by all of the requirements and suggestions, wearing a mask in the grocery so I don't freak anyone else out, etc.

I would never say it was a hoax though. I think there is more data coming out that makes the overall death rate very low, but the breadth of victims (of death) is very wide and that's the variable we don't understand yet. Regular healthy people don't fall prey to the flu the way that they can to CV-19. It's a very strange virus that we don't understand yet. I think we're ok with a certain casualty rate if we could quantify it, but we haven't been able to yet.

With all that said I think we should race by June at the latest, unless something goes nuts in the meantime.
bsharkey
4/28/2020 11:12pm
VetMX.com wrote:
FortyHat wrote:
I hate listening to this guy because what he's saying reinforces all of my suspicions about overreacting and what motivations and forces might be behind that...
I hate listening to this guy because what he's saying reinforces all of my suspicions about overreacting and what motivations and forces might be behind that. And I've been a model citizen with social distancing and isolation (not super hard when I normally work from home anyway), abiding by all of the requirements and suggestions, wearing a mask in the grocery so I don't freak anyone else out, etc.

I would never say it was a hoax though. I think there is more data coming out that makes the overall death rate very low, but the breadth of victims (of death) is very wide and that's the variable we don't understand yet. Regular healthy people don't fall prey to the flu the way that they can to CV-19. It's a very strange virus that we don't understand yet. I think we're ok with a certain casualty rate if we could quantify it, but we haven't been able to yet.

With all that said I think we should race by June at the latest, unless something goes nuts in the meantime.
One thing I'd like to add though is this virus has killed that many people in 1 month basically. Not over the entire winter. I do agree with alot he said
FortyHat
4/28/2020 11:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2020 11:26pm
bsharkey wrote:
One thing I'd like to add though is this virus has killed that many people in 1 month basically. Not over the entire winter. I do...
One thing I'd like to add though is this virus has killed that many people in 1 month basically. Not over the entire winter. I do agree with alot he said
Totally, it isn't the same. And it isn't the same in a lot of ways. Seems wayyy more infectious. But also less deadly overall, but more deadly for some cohorts that don't die from regular flu.

I still say let's do our best to do 6ft, wash hands a lot, and drop the gate.

And I'm still wiping down my grocery stuff with disinfectant wipes before I let my wife and kids touch them so I am not someone that thinks this stuff is a joke or hoax.
captmoto
4/29/2020 12:18am
It is for me. I will watch and see where we go in another 2-3 weeks. If we spike, then we will know it was too soon. FWIW, I don't see us gaining in herd immunity any too soon, not with all this hiding out. I'm all for personal choices and responsibility so IDC if it opens. I'll decide when or if I want to take my chances with it. In SoCal here it is L.A. County shitting the bed because a lot of L.A. County is a shit hole. I am a former resident that worked in L.A. County so I know first hand.
The places still blowing up are rehab and assisted living type places.
45ACP
4/29/2020 7:04am
The US had 25,000 new cases of coronavirus and 2,400 deaths JUST YESTERDAY.. yes it’s too soon to go racing, or be doing a lot of...
The US had 25,000 new cases of coronavirus and 2,400 deaths JUST YESTERDAY..
yes it’s too soon to go racing, or be doing a lot of things 🤦‍♀️
Bullshit! Fake stats. Hospitals are fudging the numbers to receive government money.
4/29/2020 7:23am
Look at Home Depot and lowes workers as the barometer of opening. Every time I drive by the parking lots are full. Tons of people from all walks of life congregating in 1 place. The workers are exposed to hundreds of people daily. If they aren't losi employees left and right to the Rona then society will be fine opening up.
mark_swart
4/29/2020 9:13am
We have a small two track series here in SC that is starting up this weekend. And the Carolina Outlaw series round 1 is a MotoVated on the 17th- I plan to be on the line. Silver Dollar in Georgia is also getting back to racing in May. I think local racing is feasible, but a national with 10,000+ spectators....I dunno. I think by summer it will be fine in most states.
4/29/2020 9:24am
VetMX.com wrote:
Excellent video.

It should scare the hell out of people that Google, Farcebook, etc want to control information.
4/29/2020 5:29pm
Excellent video. It should scare the hell out of people that Google, Farcebook, etc want to control information.
Excellent video.

It should scare the hell out of people that Google, Farcebook, etc want to control information.
You are seriously going to trust a video posted on a site called Utah gun exchange?
Yeah that’s where all the smart people go for information about the world.. 🤣
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
4/29/2020 5:59pm
876moto wrote:
This weekend there are a few tracks starting to open up for races. Easy question. Is it too soon for local races?
if you can distance enough for practice whats the difference?
4/29/2020 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 6:27pm
You are seriously going to trust a video posted on a site called Utah gun exchange? Yeah that’s where all the smart people go for information...
You are seriously going to trust a video posted on a site called Utah gun exchange?
Yeah that’s where all the smart people go for information about the world.. 🤣
It's the content that matters. Experts in their field for 20+ years, using science and actual data rationally...not fear-mongering.

Lets get people back to racing....more importantly, lets get people back to working and living.

Fonzarelli
4/29/2020 7:03pm
You feel the first amendment gives you right to utilize someone else's bandwidth and servers for any purpose you desire?
ts.p311
4/29/2020 7:51pm
No, I thought you were thinking along those lines. Your two comments seem to contradict each other though, so I have no clue where you stand now. I certainly do not think this will magically clear up on may 26th 2020. Somewhere around the same date in 2021 sounds more accurate as far as what doctors and top viral experts are saying.

Post a reply to: Too soon for local races?

The Latest