Too bad US motocross doesn't welcome innovation

newmann
9/13/2010 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:01pm
like over in Europe. Stolen from some 2 Stroke Motocross site. Some TM components, Fox suspension and TGM custom touches.

Cool article, especially the last paragaph. Just some passionate motoheads giving back to the sport we all love.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/09/tgm-makes-comeback-in-uem-emx-125…
|
9/13/2010 8:03pm
Hopefully "they" begin to listen to the masses and allow for healthy, progressive changes. I'm more optimistic than I was a year ago
Matthes
9/13/2010 8:09pm
Congrats, you've officially now reached the level of "Vital posters that I will never click on ever again because they have beat the monkey to death"

You're so boring and monotonous, do you have anything interesting to say about anything other than your agenda? Even The Rock branched out once in a while.
adamdf
9/13/2010 8:11pm
Matthes wrote:
Congrats, you've officially now reached the level of "Vital posters that I will never click on ever again because they have beat the monkey to death"...
Congrats, you've officially now reached the level of "Vital posters that I will never click on ever again because they have beat the monkey to death"

You're so boring and monotonous, do you have anything interesting to say about anything other than your agenda? Even The Rock branched out once in a while.
Wow Mathes, not in the best of moods? lol
jmar
9/13/2010 8:15pm
Matthes wrote:
Congrats, you've officially now reached the level of "Vital posters that I will never click on ever again because they have beat the monkey to death"...

Har!

What's even funnier is that fact that he's right.
Give it up guy's. Professional racing doesn't need to be dumbed down to make a minority few happy.

The Shop

Matthes
9/13/2010 8:16pm
adamdf wrote:
Well c'mon....we get it. Alright, two-strokes rule, the OEM's are evil and we are all idiots for liking four-strokes. Can he talk about something else ever?

Actually it doesn't matter. I'm done clicking on his threads so go ahead and beat the horse some more. I'll be checking out what Bobby M has to say about Alessi...
adamdf
9/13/2010 8:24pm
adamdf wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Well c'mon....we get it. Alright, two-strokes rule, the OEM's are evil and we are all idiots for liking four-strokes. Can he talk about something else ever...
Well c'mon....we get it. Alright, two-strokes rule, the OEM's are evil and we are all idiots for liking four-strokes. Can he talk about something else ever?

Actually it doesn't matter. I'm done clicking on his threads so go ahead and beat the horse some more. I'll be checking out what Bobby M has to say about Alessi...
well.......ok your right....lol....but 2 strokes need to come back on a larger scale than they are now and i applaud anyone influential enough who tries to make that change.... no i don't ride 2 strokes, as my sig states i am on kawis and have been on 4 strokes since 2003 pretty much, but i have to admit the 2011 KTM 250SX looks damn impressive and it wont cost an arm and a leg to rebuild, if your riding for fun, i can't think of a better bike to own...If my kawi blows up, that will be the end for me....lol....and thats a problem you wont have to worry about so much on the 2s
jmar
9/13/2010 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2010 8:43pm
adamdf wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Well c'mon....we get it. Alright, two-strokes rule, the OEM's are evil and we are all idiots for liking four-strokes. Can he talk about something else ever...

adamdf wrote:
well.......ok your right....lol....but 2 strokes need to come back on a larger scale than they are now and i applaud anyone influential enough who tries to...
well.......ok your right....lol....but 2 strokes need to come back on a larger scale than they are now and i applaud anyone influential enough who tries to make that change.... no i don't ride 2 strokes, as my sig states i am on kawis and have been on 4 strokes since 2003 pretty much, but i have to admit the 2011 KTM 250SX looks damn impressive and it wont cost an arm and a leg to rebuild, if your riding for fun, i can't think of a better bike to own...If my kawi blows up, that will be the end for me....lol....and thats a problem you wont have to worry about so much on the 2s
Then belly up and buy your self one of those 2011 KTM 250SXs.

They're great bikes, but those who think that if they bitch and moan enough, they will become the norm in pro level racing again are being unrealistic.
SwapperMX
9/13/2010 8:31pm
It doesnt hurt to keep everyone informed. There is more to motocross than just the AMA. And thats why we are all here isn't it???? MOTOCROSS !!!!!

Thanks for the post, and yes two strokes at a national level, especially a 125 only class would be great for the sport.
newmann
9/13/2010 8:31pm
Matthes wrote:

I'm guessing you don't think their 125 class is a good thing? It's okay Matthes,I won't go all RC on you. Smile
GIwasB4
9/13/2010 8:34pm
You are "on it" tonight.
Matthes does not know shit. Keep up the good fight.
GIwasB4
9/13/2010 8:35pm
I was going to go MC on him, but I won't.
9/13/2010 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2010 8:38pm
Matthes wrote:

U MAD
DanDunes818
9/13/2010 8:40pm
Italians love their mx.. I love listening to the 125's.

newmann
9/13/2010 8:43pm
jmar wrote:
Then belly up and buy your self one of those 2011 KTM 250SXs. They're great bikes, but those who think that if they bitch and moan...
Then belly up and buy your self one of those 2011 KTM 250SXs.

They're great bikes, but those who think that if they bitch and moan enough, they will become the norm in pro level racing again are being unrealistic.
Unrealistic? Maybe. Now Jim, just to be fair, you seem to think if you bitch and moan enough the Republican and Democrat party will both disappear. But that's another forum.
Matthes
9/13/2010 8:44pm
U MAD
Nah, I'm not mad. I just reached a point where I know what Newmann is all about and that's totally cool. It's his right to talk about whatever he wants to but whenever he posts, it's some conspiracy theory on why the OEM's (and promoters) don't want 2-strokes anymore.

The OEM's would sell you pink scooters with tassles if everyone would buy them, it's all about the $, the ecconomy doesn't allow them to tie up assembly lines with two-strokes that "might" sell and the consumers have spoken with their wallets. When OEM's offered 2 and 4 strokes, the consumers chose the thumpers.

I just made a decision in my life about 20 min ago that I'm not going to be lured to click on any "too bad US mx doesn't welcome innovations" threads on Vital MX because, if it's from Newmann, it will be about 2-strokes and I have to say, I already feel better!
jmar
9/13/2010 8:44pm
And you my friend are the one that got off topic.Smile
newmann
9/13/2010 8:47pm
jmar wrote:
And you my friend are the one that got off topic.Smile
Glad to see someone has a sense of humor.Smile
9/13/2010 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2010 9:07pm
U MAD
Matthes wrote:
Nah, I'm not mad. I just reached a point where I know what Newmann is all about and that's totally cool. It's his right to talk...
Nah, I'm not mad. I just reached a point where I know what Newmann is all about and that's totally cool. It's his right to talk about whatever he wants to but whenever he posts, it's some conspiracy theory on why the OEM's (and promoters) don't want 2-strokes anymore.

The OEM's would sell you pink scooters with tassles if everyone would buy them, it's all about the $, the ecconomy doesn't allow them to tie up assembly lines with two-strokes that "might" sell and the consumers have spoken with their wallets. When OEM's offered 2 and 4 strokes, the consumers chose the thumpers.

I just made a decision in my life about 20 min ago that I'm not going to be lured to click on any "too bad US mx doesn't welcome innovations" threads on Vital MX because, if it's from Newmann, it will be about 2-strokes and I have to say, I already feel better!
"Actually it doesn't matter. I'm done clicking on his threads" I thought you were done?

Do you know the origins of this joke Steve?

have a sense of humor guy. Cheerful

curmudgeon
9/13/2010 9:25pm
Thanks for posting Matthes, reminds me why I long ago gave up reading the magazines. So boring, same shit different day. Say hi to Cycle World when you see them.
adamdf
9/13/2010 9:39pm
U MAD
Matthes wrote:
Nah, I'm not mad. I just reached a point where I know what Newmann is all about and that's totally cool. It's his right to talk...

Mathes while i totally agree with you that we all spoke with our wallets, i can see a difference in people's attitudes towards the 4 strokes over the last year and a half and more so these last few months than say 2006, we all crazed and raved over the 4 strokes a few years back but the more people realize the expense it has brought upon them, the more they wish there were more two strokes out there to choose from, i am seeing a shift in attitude on the forums, not just this one, but thumpertalk as well.....thankfully KTM hasn't given up and is developing the 2 stroke still..

i won't sit here and dream or dwell on the past, but i agree that the 2 stroke making a come back would only be a good thing for our sport, especially for the ones with normal sized wallets.
Blake
9/13/2010 9:41pm
I'm with "The Pipe"
I'll quit this sport before I ride a 4 stroke.

Hows that for sales? Plenty others bailed too.
There is no future for most in this sport.

Pellegrino said it best.
He can spend a grand on soccer shit, and be 100 grand ahead of the game.
This sport has priced itself out of the market.

People finance bikes now. My Dad used to buy 4 80's a year in the crate cash..........Pellegrino mentioned this too.

With the price of fuel, etc, most cant afford to travel to races anymore.

My father said it best. Unless you are making 300K a year, your kids wont be able to do the things you did as a kid in the fashion you did it.

Bottom line show? He's spot fuckin on.

My kids wont race. Maybe ride, If I spend the kind of money it takes to race, it sure as fuck isnt going to be dirt bikes.

Hell, you have the top guys retiring, after 15 years, and they have to get a fuckin job!. In other words, THEY HAVEN'T RETIRED.
They just quit racing dirt bikes.

adamdf
9/13/2010 9:45pm
Blake wrote:
I'm with "The Pipe" I'll quit this sport before I ride a 4 stroke. Hows that for sales? Plenty others bailed too. There is no future...
I'm with "The Pipe"
I'll quit this sport before I ride a 4 stroke.

Hows that for sales? Plenty others bailed too.
There is no future for most in this sport.

Pellegrino said it best.
He can spend a grand on soccer shit, and be 100 grand ahead of the game.
This sport has priced itself out of the market.

People finance bikes now. My Dad used to buy 4 80's a year in the crate cash..........Pellegrino mentioned this too.

With the price of fuel, etc, most cant afford to travel to races anymore.

My father said it best. Unless you are making 300K a year, your kids wont be able to do the things you did as a kid in the fashion you did it.

Bottom line show? He's spot fuckin on.

My kids wont race. Maybe ride, If I spend the kind of money it takes to race, it sure as fuck isnt going to be dirt bikes.

Hell, you have the top guys retiring, after 15 years, and they have to get a fuckin job!. In other words, THEY HAVEN'T RETIRED.
They just quit racing dirt bikes.

So who said it best, Pellegrino or your Dad? Unsure

Just kidding, good post, and what your Dad said will surely come to be true if things continue the way they have been going
Blake
9/13/2010 9:46pm
Italians love their mx.. I love listening to the 125's.

Damn right. I'd rather watch this, or 85 Experts than the Pros at Pala.

That is what motocross is supposed to sound like.

Even my GF that doesnt give a shit says 2 strokes just sound cool.
Blake
9/13/2010 9:53pm
Hot damn those bikes sound good.

Those bike are barking!
Blake
9/13/2010 10:10pm
newmann wrote:
like over in Europe. Stolen from some 2 Stroke Motocross site. Some TM components, Fox suspension and TGM custom touches. [img]http://twostrokemotocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/TGM125.jpg[/img] Cool article, especially the last...
like over in Europe. Stolen from some 2 Stroke Motocross site. Some TM components, Fox suspension and TGM custom touches.

Cool article, especially the last paragaph. Just some passionate motoheads giving back to the sport we all love.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/09/tgm-makes-comeback-in-uem-emx-125…
Keep it up. That bike is sweet. Fugg this 4 stroke tractor shit.
I'm over it.
RaceFace
9/13/2010 10:11pm
Matthes is so right about speaking with the wallets. Watch as Suzuki continues to release the same 450 now year after year how sales drop despite how much they win or how good a bike it is. It's all about getting the best...or at least the newest and latest. Clamor for a backwards cylinder, tornado exhaust YZ and watch the prices jack to the moon. Was a 2009 YZ 450 all that bad? 2-strokes are great but as soon as a 450 blasts past you in the 35+C class, we're looking for more speed. Even on 450s guys are adding silencers, or whole titanium power bomb headers looking for that extra half second a lap. KTM spent a decade trying to sell us on PDS linkageless suspension and now we get "all new linkage" with the same rising rate as the PDS! Or a revolutionary 350? "All the weight of a 450 with 25% less power!" Then guys will be adding the power bomb headers to the 350 trying to get more power. Huh?
JB 19
9/13/2010 10:17pm
Where did the basis for this thread title come from......???
Blake
9/13/2010 10:49pm
RaceFace wrote:
Matthes is so right about speaking with the wallets. Watch as Suzuki continues to release the same 450 now year after year how sales drop despite...
Matthes is so right about speaking with the wallets. Watch as Suzuki continues to release the same 450 now year after year how sales drop despite how much they win or how good a bike it is. It's all about getting the best...or at least the newest and latest. Clamor for a backwards cylinder, tornado exhaust YZ and watch the prices jack to the moon. Was a 2009 YZ 450 all that bad? 2-strokes are great but as soon as a 450 blasts past you in the 35+C class, we're looking for more speed. Even on 450s guys are adding silencers, or whole titanium power bomb headers looking for that extra half second a lap. KTM spent a decade trying to sell us on PDS linkageless suspension and now we get "all new linkage" with the same rising rate as the PDS! Or a revolutionary 350? "All the weight of a 450 with 25% less power!" Then guys will be adding the power bomb headers to the 350 trying to get more power. Huh?
If this is true, then how come some kid on a 85 goes screaming past these same guys with 10 grand of shit on a 450?

Whats the point if you only twist the throttle a 1/4 open?

Ever see a 125 pinned? I dont think these guys would be blowing past RC or Bubba on a 125 anytime soon.

Fail.
SwapperMX
9/13/2010 11:00pm
RaceFace wrote:
Matthes is so right about speaking with the wallets. Watch as Suzuki continues to release the same 450 now year after year how sales drop despite...
Great post. That is EXACTLY why I stIll race a 250 two stroke. When I am as fast as McGrath or RC was on a two stroke, then I will consider buying a 450. Untill then, the 250 two stroke is the perfect bike for me.

Post a reply to: Too bad US motocross doesn't welcome innovation

The Latest