Tony's latest meltdown

olds cool
6/21/2014 8:01pm
olds cool wrote:
Well I guess fire just met fuel. Buckle up tight guys, she's about to blow... Told you we should have gone ahead and inducted this one...
Well I guess fire just met fuel. Buckle up tight guys, she's about to blow...

Told you we should have gone ahead and inducted this one into the Hall.
slipdog wrote:
Patience Grasshopper...
Yeah but, but we should be there for James in his time of need...
hillbilly
6/21/2014 8:02pm
There's so much talk about this little situation but come on guys my dad asked for a few of his rules to be acknowledged and the...
There's so much talk about this little situation but come on guys my dad asked for a few of his rules to be acknowledged and the guy couldn't. If he couldn't agree to meeting my dad at 5 to go over what he was going to try and bring up in the interview then he shouldn't be aloud to come walking into the pits like he owns the place. We have had enough problems with Mathes to know you have to cover yourself or else he will more then likely use every word against you and cause more of a headache then it's worth. If someone feels they don't like the conditions of communicating information with another person they have the right to go on and keep it to themself and I can assure you if this interview was with someone professional he wouldn't mind talking to them. It's just professionalism and mike was looking out for himself.
One day your dad is going to have a heart attack getting so upset over something that could be discussed calmly.
mxdude105
6/21/2014 8:03pm
Mike still has a few years left in his prime. He's a good rider and I think he can still win races and possibly contend for a championship on the right bike and with the right support. Before any of that can happen, Mike has GOT TO cut the cord with Tony in all matters motocross related. The old man is crazier than a rat in a tin shithouse.

The Shop

berniepiet
6/21/2014 8:03pm
Wow.... It seems pretty hard to criticize Mike after understanding what his father is like.

In all the footage of Mike I have ever seen, he seems to be humble and very respectful. Perhaps off camera, he is different but, he seems to go out of the way for his fans and be a genuinely nice guy.

For what Mike has had to put up with all his life growing up with a dad like that, I think he has overcome a lot.
olds cool
6/21/2014 8:04pm
DownSouth wrote:
There's a censorship ring inside the MCR pits!
Best post in this thread...so far.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
6/21/2014 8:06pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Alright Jeff, punish the man for doing what he's paid to do. However, we all know Tony is a well manured, calm, understanding individual.

UnsureWhistling
No I believe he doesn't want to give Mathes the chance to inch his way into causing a problem he so desperately wants to be front...
No I believe he doesn't want to give Mathes the chance to inch his way into causing a problem he so desperately wants to be front seat publicizing.
Zracer wrote:
Why not simply decline the interview Jeff ? I think that would have been very understandable.
Or Mathes could of just said no to signing it and left the mcr pits. but no, He takes it and runs off with it saying "- I have to tweet this". It's more than just Tony being unprofessional !
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
6/21/2014 8:08pm
There's so much talk about this little situation but come on guys my dad asked for a few of his rules to be acknowledged and the...
There's so much talk about this little situation but come on guys my dad asked for a few of his rules to be acknowledged and the guy couldn't. If he couldn't agree to meeting my dad at 5 to go over what he was going to try and bring up in the interview then he shouldn't be aloud to come walking into the pits like he owns the place. We have had enough problems with Mathes to know you have to cover yourself or else he will more then likely use every word against you and cause more of a headache then it's worth. If someone feels they don't like the conditions of communicating information with another person they have the right to go on and keep it to themself and I can assure you if this interview was with someone professional he wouldn't mind talking to them. It's just professionalism and mike was looking out for himself.
Sully22 wrote:
How has Steve used your words against you guys?
Ummm, your reading it now!!
rucka356
6/21/2014 8:10pm
Wouldn't a simple, "hey come back at 5:00 and we can talk" work? I mean, really?? I think Tony missed his calling, he could write contracts for the government as good as that one looks.
Whitey
6/21/2014 8:10pm
So who has Jeff's log in details?

No way he typed that.
Crush
6/21/2014 8:11pm
No I believe he doesn't want to give Mathes the chance to inch his way into causing a problem he so desperately wants to be front...
No I believe he doesn't want to give Mathes the chance to inch his way into causing a problem he so desperately wants to be front seat publicizing.
Zracer wrote:
Why not simply decline the interview Jeff ? I think that would have been very understandable.
RonSkj wrote:
Or Mathes could of just said no to signing it and left the mcr pits. but no, He takes it and runs off with it saying...
Or Mathes could of just said no to signing it and left the mcr pits. but no, He takes it and runs off with it saying "- I have to tweet this". It's more than just Tony being unprofessional !
So you think it's normal to try and control the media from your crazy by getting them to sign a notebook paper contract?

You could you know, just not be a fucking lunatic.
BAMX
6/21/2014 8:11pm
Zracer wrote:
RonSkj wrote:
Or Mathes could of just said no to signing it and left the mcr pits. but no, He takes it and runs off with it saying...
So he is supposed to only show positive images, stories etc...got it HuhDryDizzy
Sully22
6/21/2014 8:17pm
Sully22 wrote:
How has Steve used your words against you guys?
RonSkj wrote:
Ummm, your reading it now!!
I was looking for previous examples or situations where Steve had used their words against them because Jeff wrote about having problems in the past. He wrote....We have had enough problems with Mathes to know you have to cover yourself or else he will more then likely use every word against you and cause more of a headache then it's worth.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
6/21/2014 8:19pm
Zracer wrote:
RonSkj wrote:
BAMX wrote:
So he is supposed to only show positive images, stories etc...got it HuhDryDizzy
yah.. That's what I said Huh
zippy895
6/21/2014 8:20pm
a"no comment at this time" from mcr to mathes would probably work.
comes a time in a dads life when his actions become ,lets say,questionable,inability to think before acting.its time for jeff and mike to care for his dad and direct the old man in the right path.
olds cool
6/21/2014 8:25pm
If Tony wanted Steve to write a PR statement for MCR, he should have offered some cash instead of demanding that "contract" be signed. Money talks and BS creates 10+ pagers on Vital.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
6/21/2014 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2014 8:34pm
Zracer wrote:
RonSkj wrote:
"I have to tweet this"

Especially after the contract states he cannot share it if he signs it. lol
He knows that's going to get a reaction out of Tony/aggravate him/push his buttons.
He's had enough correspondence with Tony in the past and knows how he can be sometimes.
He got the fired up reaction...just as he has on Pulp time & time again.

If they/MC plan to do that stuff in the future...to protect themselves from so-called bad/twisted press.
Might be wise to get something printed up that looks more professional and let M.G. deal with the journalist/reporter.
Might go a bit smoother.That's if anyone goes for it.
Said they have to approve all text before it's printed.

dirtnapper
6/21/2014 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2014 8:32pm
Guys, only ONE of you mentioned the way "Jeff's" post was written, and Whitey is absolutely right - that is NOT Jeff typing those words. No way, it's much too legible and sensible.

He must have hired a secretary.......Whistling
Huevos
6/21/2014 8:31pm
I think Canada is a great place for Tony.
Sully22
6/21/2014 8:35pm
Zracer wrote:
RonSkj wrote:
If Steve is the one acting like a child and conducting himself in an unprofessional manner, let him. But at what point does tony rise above that and be the bigger person, the consummate professional, the team manager of a multi million dollar professional race team and not the crazed person we've seen in the past with bad decisions and poor choices? If he doesn't want steve in the mcr pits, ask him professionally to leave. If he wants to control the interview, state in writing (preferably not handwritten notebook paper with poor spelling and grammar) on a company letterhead about what exactly is off limits. There's a way to go about all of this and I know they feel like they're being picked on, but at some point they have to rise above it all and do it better, do it cleaner, do it more professional than everyone else out there. Then and only then, will people start noticing the good, the positive, and the message team Alessi is trying to convey, otherwise it's the circus side show.
zippy895
6/21/2014 8:36pm
ok,say he just declined signing it and never tweeted that letter.
then mathes says on his show, the event that we now know and visibly can see.
the vital topic after his show may start out
=mathes starting shit
=I never had him sign anything,show me his carbon copy
=tony is bat shit crazy
=.........fill in the blank.............
Mr Bean
6/21/2014 8:48pm
Let me see if I got this straight -

You're having a feud with a reporter whom you feel is portraying you/your team in a negative light. So, you come up with an ingenious plan on how to either control the message or prevent a negative one from being printed. Only good news - no more bad press and we're not gonna contribute to the success of the reporter in any way if we can avoid it.

However, you continually remind yourself that in the process of executing this plan you must not provide this reporter with a scenario that paints you in an extremely negative light or hand him an epic story he couldn't have concocted in his wildest dreams. Remember now, NO DRAMA! This would only give the reporter something to write about so we must avoid that at all costs.

Is that pretty much the gist of it?

Well then... mission accomplished!

It appears to have been so successful it makes the Normandy invasion battle plan look like it was hurriedly written... on notebook paper... then shown to Hitler... before the invasion... who then posted it online for all the world to see.

A smashing success and monumental achievement by any standard of measure.

Well done, that'll show that wascally weporter.

Cool
6/21/2014 8:50pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Jeff, After seeing that sheet of paper, the last thing you should be mentioning is professionalism. And it's not like the drama is an isolated incident.
Well DC took the lazer printer
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/21/2014 8:52pm
I wouldn't sign that, either.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
6/21/2014 8:52pm
Wow, such big breaking news. Tony doesn't like Matthes but agrees to a team interview with some conditions. Matthes doesn't like it so he runs and posts it online as a "meltdown" like a 12 year old would do. What a fucking joke.
Good move on Tony's part from what I've seen in the past.
hvaughn88
6/21/2014 8:55pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
Wow, such big breaking news. Tony doesn't like Matthes but agrees to a team interview with some conditions. Matthes doesn't like it so he runs and...
Wow, such big breaking news. Tony doesn't like Matthes but agrees to a team interview with some conditions. Matthes doesn't like it so he runs and posts it online as a "meltdown" like a 12 year old would do. What a fucking joke.
Good move on Tony's part from what I've seen in the past.
The paper wasn't the meltdown
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/21/2014 8:56pm
Why did Mathes bother tweeting this? Is it really newsworthy?
hvaughn88
6/21/2014 8:59pm
KennyT wrote:
Why did Mathes bother tweeting this? Is it really newsworthy?
I get what you're saying, but is anything in this sport really newsworthy? It's a bit of a circus as a whole
Mr Bean
6/21/2014 9:00pm
Sully22 wrote:
If Steve is the one acting like a child and conducting himself in an unprofessional manner, let him. But at what point does tony rise above...
If Steve is the one acting like a child and conducting himself in an unprofessional manner, let him. But at what point does tony rise above that and be the bigger person, the consummate professional, the team manager of a multi million dollar professional race team and not the crazed person we've seen in the past with bad decisions and poor choices? If he doesn't want steve in the mcr pits, ask him professionally to leave. If he wants to control the interview, state in writing (preferably not handwritten notebook paper with poor spelling and grammar) on a company letterhead about what exactly is off limits. There's a way to go about all of this and I know they feel like they're being picked on, but at some point they have to rise above it all and do it better, do it cleaner, do it more professional than everyone else out there. Then and only then, will people start noticing the good, the positive, and the message team Alessi is trying to convey, otherwise it's the circus side show.
You don't send a boy to do a man's job.

There are reasons certain people are selected for PR or to be diplomats (while others aren't).
You don't send Samuel L. Jackson into delicate negotiations.

A professional team would have a buffer between the subject and the media... or remove the subject from the situations where he might be in contact with the media.

There is enough historical evidence here to allow one to look directly at the person in charge of the team and hold them responsible for allowing the opportunity to arise in the first place. While the subject is responsible for his actions the boss of the subject is responsible for allowing him to be there.

It's a failure on multiple levels.

Post a reply to: Tony's latest meltdown

The Latest