Tony Stewart, MX COMPARISON

8/10/2014 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2014 3:46pm
We most likely have all heard about tony stewart ACCIDENTALY clipping kevin ward and kevin ward dying, heres a video (GRAPHIC) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtlTJAWFyRY

In MX if lets say a rider takes another rider out and both guys fall, maybe give him a little push get back on the bike and go! In the case that someone takes you out and hese still going, you simply do not wait at that same spot in the track until he comes around again to flip him off (while standing in the MIDDLE of the track!)

Clearly this wasnt tonys fault, he tried to avoid him but couldnt, Kevin walked even closer to his car when tony was passing!!!

Biggest rule is STAY IN YOU CAR UNTIL ASSISTANCE COMES! in MX you take it to the pits if you feel the need to show some anger, and if you bike broke, you roll it off. end of story.

Maybe MX,SX,AX, racers are all smarter than these sprint car guys? idk maybe this can start some talk.
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
8/10/2014 3:36pm
He's in a black suit, it's dark out..... Idk it's sketchy. Especially considering Tony has talked about wanting to run another driver over after an altercation a while ago....

He has anger issues. I'm not suggesting he purposely hit him.... But I can see him wanting to cut it close to prove a point.
dean122
8/10/2014 3:50pm
This is a horrble event. As much of an ass Tony is, I highly doubt this was intentional.

In regards to how something like this could affect our sport, I'm thinking it's not if, but when. There is going to be that one time where someone get's punted or rammed into and all it takes is the right fall and it's all over.

I'm dreading this day in our sport, but with how aggresive riding has been with our current crop of race machines, it's bound to happen sooner or later. The MA t-bone into Tickle (intentional or not, i'm not here to argue that) could have ended tragically.

There will be some who reply with the "pull your panties up, this is MX racing", but will that be the same justification when somebody dies due to an intentional take out?

I dunno, it's a debatable topic and it's hard to say who's wrong or right.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
8/10/2014 3:59pm
Just a Horrible accident! I feel terrible for everyone involved.

Rule number one in car racing- never get out of the car, unless of course it's on fire.
Forza
8/10/2014 4:04pm
Weird how everyone else avoided him. Also funny how he gassed it right by the kid. Mistake by both but Ward died for his mistake. If he wants Tony can race next week.

The Shop

The Rock
8/10/2014 4:09pm
What rule?

I have it ingrained in my mind for years drivers getting out of the cars and giving signals to drivers. The signals have ranged fro positive like Little Al giving Emerson Fittipaldi the thumbs up (classiest move ever in motorsports) after Little Al had just been punted by Emmo at Indy to helmets bouncing off passing cars or the universal signal of YOU ARE NUMBER ONE.

If getting out of the car is a rule it must not be very strictly enforced.
bsharkey
8/10/2014 4:15pm
unless you rolled your car and its on fire stay the hell in it. they should have taken this issue off the track. regardlees of what happened he never should have been out of his car except for getting towed off the track
The Rock
8/10/2014 4:16pm
Forza wrote:
Weird how everyone else avoided him. Also funny how he gassed it right by the kid. Mistake by both but Ward died for his mistake. If...
Weird how everyone else avoided him. Also funny how he gassed it right by the kid. Mistake by both but Ward died for his mistake. If he wants Tony can race next week.
Good post.

I know from personal experience that anger makes people make mistakes. I believe Stewart had zero intention of hurting or God forbid killing the kid but I also consider the fact that in the heat of the moment Smoke could have made the worst impulse decision of his life. It is possible what the thought in an instant might be a smack down turned out to be a horrible accident that claimed the life of Kevin Ward Jr.

OR

it is possible Stewart gassed it to avoid the guy.

Glad I don't have to decide.
Overdrive
8/10/2014 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 4:31pm
Initially Stewart went wide in the turn taking the guy wide and I seriously doubt he thought much about the whole incident. It wasn't like it was a huge altercation and I don't think Stewart thought the guy was going to be on the track. Then you have the fact the guy is wearing a black suit and standing all the way down in the racing line dodging cars to try and get to Stewart who is behind those cars.

I don't think Stewart did it intentionally, I don't think Stewart was mad about the initial altercation. Look he didn't lose a position and his car wasn't damaged so why would he be mad and want to hit the guy? He just didn't see the guy soon enough to avoid him and its a crappy situation for all involved and I feel sorry for all of them.
RacerFan
8/10/2014 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 4:33pm
This is a horrible Accident. If any of you have ever driven which I doubt or maybe sit in a wing sprint car you would know that the panel on the right side of the wing can block out an entire car so a person in a black suit and helmet standing in the track is all but impossible to see. If you notice the 45 car in the video that is directly in front of Tony almost hit him and with Tony being behind the 45 car it made Tony time to see him reduced even more. I am not pointing blame at Kevin nor Tony because it was a accident and neither is to blame. The officials who allow the races to get out of the cars and walk into the racing surface while cars are still moving at anywhere between 35 to 45 mph are the ones who really need the finger pointed at them.

To compare a MX,SX,AX rider to a sprint car driver is like comparing a apple to a waffle there is no comparison. They are completely different. I agree that sometimes the riders take it to the pits as do sometimes the sprint car drivers. I have seen bikes launched into other riders both with riders on the bike being launched and the bike itself being ghost ridden into other riders. People make mistake in the heat of the moment and do stupid things luckily for the sports of SX,MX,AX no one has lost there lives when this has happened.

To say that Tony is a ASS it is obvious that you do not personally know him or have ever had a conversation with him. If you did know him personally or have ever had a conversation with him you would know that he is in no shape form or fashion an ass. It seems to me that in this day and age there are a lot of fans that think a PERSON / athlete is a ASS because they didn't get what they want out of them or because they aren't sociable enough. Maybe if more fans would admire the PERSON / athlete for the ability the have to be great at the sport we enjoy to watch instead of feeling that because we pay for a ticket or for a T shirt that the PERSON / athlete owes them something that PERSON / athlete would be more open to socializing with the fans.

Yes I do personally know him and see him a few times a month. I have taken people who have said to me how big of an ass he was and they have set and talked with him and they leave saying they was wrong.So before we go calling people names or pointing fingers maybe we should take a look in the mirror and then we would really see who the ASS is. I also know the Ward family so my judgement of the accident is not biased towards one person. Kevin put his self in a bad situation that had a horrible result. This tragic accident has changed the lives of two families directly and multiple people indirectly. With that being said why compare it to anything? Who are we to put a comparison on how someone lost there life and how another persons life was changed forever. Why not take that time to send or post a message to both families?

FORZA: Weird how everyone else avoided him. Also funny how he gassed it right by the kid. Mistake by both but Ward died for his mistake. If he wants Tony can race next week. The way you turn those cars to the left fast is by smacking the gas to make the car rotate. If you jerk the wheel to the left without giving the car gas it will not turn fast and will go straight for a short distance.

Bob693
8/10/2014 4:34pm
Forza wrote:
Weird how everyone else avoided him. Also funny how he gassed it right by the kid. Mistake by both but Ward died for his mistake. If...
Where do you get he gassed it by the kid? I didn't see his car speed up.
RacerFan
8/10/2014 4:35pm
Sorry for the long post. I have been hearing about this all day and then came on here to look at something else and bam there it is.
Overdrive
8/10/2014 4:37pm
RacerFan wrote:
Sorry for the long post. I have been hearing about this all day and then came on here to look at something else and bam there...
Sorry for the long post. I have been hearing about this all day and then came on here to look at something else and bam there it is.
Your post was right on the money.
MotoX85
8/10/2014 4:44pm
Forza wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
You can hear the motor the car slides sideways from burning out right before he hits him. I heard it was an accident, after watching the video, he should be charged, no question. How this is being called an accident is a farce.
Forza
8/10/2014 4:46pm
Forza wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
Watch it again
Forza
8/10/2014 4:52pm
RacerFan wrote:
Sorry for the long post. I have been hearing about this all day and then came on here to look at something else and bam there...
All I was saying is he gassed the car by the kid. Why? we don't know maybe to avoid him, maybe to roost him? Either way Ward is dead.
Ing
8/10/2014 4:52pm
Looked like an accident to me. If anything Stewart tried to avoid him at the last minute.
Mr Bean
8/10/2014 4:53pm
Is Tony an ass?

This question implies "in totality" and since I don't know the guy I have to say "I don't know".

Has Tony acted like an ass in public and on national television?

Absolutely - that's not even arguable and is why so many people have that impression of him; even casual observers have gotten this impression of him. There are way too many recorded incidents of his behavior to even dispute it and since that is the only glimpse of him that most people get, it becomes a case of perception becoming reality.

He's not going to get the benefit of the doubt from these people because of this impression.

But regardless of public perception, I thought I heard there was going to be a police investigation into the incident and that's what really matters from a material standpoint. The court of public opinion and the court of law are two different things.
8/10/2014 4:54pm
Sprint car racing has to be the most dangerous motorsports racing around and while its a shame anyone dyeing if it wasn't that Tony Stewart wasn't involved you would have never heard about on TV and radio.
spencerk252
8/10/2014 4:55pm
Forza wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
you can clearly hear him mat the throttle, unfortunate it happened like it did.
Bob693
8/10/2014 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 4:58pm
Forza wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
Forza wrote:
Watch it again
You can hear a motor but how do you know it was Tony's? There were probably at least another dozen cars if not more out there. Since when do cameras only pick up sound from what they are pointed at? How do you know it wasn't the car right in front of Tony that had just swerved to miss him? And I've watched it 100 times today trying to see what others are claiming and don't.
MotoX85
8/10/2014 5:02pm
Bob693 wrote:
Forza wrote:
Watch it again
Bob693 wrote:
You can hear a motor but how do you know it was Tony's? There were probably at least another dozen cars if not more out there...
You can hear a motor but how do you know it was Tony's? There were probably at least another dozen cars if not more out there. Since when do cameras only pick up sound from what they are pointed at? How do you know it wasn't the car right in front of Tony that had just swerved to miss him? And I've watched it 100 times today trying to see what others are claiming and don't.
Because the car slides sideways at the same time you hear the throttle. People have blinders on, watch this video with an open mind and there is no question. He may not have meant to purposely run him over but I bet he meant to scare him and screwed up. I do not follow NASCAR, do not care about NASCAR and have no clue about Stewarts antics and this is plain as day. Dude should be in jail
Gringoe
8/10/2014 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 5:03pm
Forza wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
You can hear the motor the car slides sideways from burning out right before he hits him. I heard it was an accident, after watching the...
You can hear the motor the car slides sideways from burning out right before he hits him. I heard it was an accident, after watching the video, he should be charged, no question. How this is being called an accident is a farce.
Have you ever driven one of those? What if accelerating was actually how you turn those cars quickly and was a last ditch effort to miss him? Why the fuck would he expect him to be in the track?

Gringoe
8/10/2014 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 5:04pm
Forza wrote:
Watch it again
Bob693 wrote:
You can hear a motor but how do you know it was Tony's? There were probably at least another dozen cars if not more out there...
MotoX85 wrote:
Because the car slides sideways at the same time you hear the throttle. People have blinders on, watch this video with an open mind and there...
Because the car slides sideways at the same time you hear the throttle. People have blinders on, watch this video with an open mind and there is no question. He may not have meant to purposely run him over but I bet he meant to scare him and screwed up. I do not follow NASCAR, do not care about NASCAR and have no clue about Stewarts antics and this is plain as day. Dude should be in jail
Read my post. I'm glad you do not decide who gets thrown in jail
Mr Bean
8/10/2014 5:05pm
I'd guess the videos will be analyzed and they'll be able to determine if there was any acceleration, directional change, etc. Once they've looked at everything at their disposal and reached a factual conclusion, people won't have to guess and debate if he did or didn't.
MotoX85
Just showed the video to my wife, she said it looked like he swerved over and pinned it to her. Said the same thing about the car sliding sideways with the motor revved. And people say this is an accident, bullshit!!!!!!!
Gringoe
MotoX85 wrote:
Just showed the video to my wife, she said it looked like he swerved over and pinned it to her. Said the same thing about the...
Just showed the video to my wife, she said it looked like he swerved over and pinned it to her. Said the same thing about the car sliding sideways with the motor revved. And people say this is an accident, bullshit!!!!!!!
Fuck bro because your wife knows what the hell she's talking about...
Forza
8/10/2014 5:06pm
Bob693 wrote:
Forza wrote:
Watch it again
Bob693 wrote:
We'll there was a go pro on Tony's car from what I read. I'm sure it will be turned over. Also heard Tony had the crew change the right rear tire when returned to the pit, after hitting Ward. I'm sure more video will pop up. I don't think it was intentional but I do believe Tony made a mistake.
RacerFan
8/10/2014 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 5:12pm
Forza wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
You can hear the motor the car slides sideways from burning out right before he hits him. I heard it was an accident, after watching the...
Mr Bean I agree with you on the public court and court of law. The problem with the times of today is the ability for people to sit on the computer and bash people. Yes Tony has acted like a ASS in public and on national television, I will not disagree with you there. Has many of the top athletes in most all sports don this at some point or another yes. The reason that we see this side of them is because right after something happens on the track there is a camera stuffed in there face. The fans want the raw emotion of the sport but then they want to cast judgement on the person because they was asked something that 9 out of 10 times has a simple answer to it by just watching the race. There is no need for the the person to ask the question. We as fans can't have it both ways can we? If we want the raw emotion of the sport then we can't cast judgement on the person when we see the raw emotion. I have seen multiple SX racers act like asses and be very un professional on TV but when you meet them in person they are nothing like that.

MotoX as I stated in my post above. The panel on the right side of the wing drastically obstructs your view. The reason he gassed it was because he seen him at the last the same as the 45 car he gassed it also but Kevin wasn't as close to his car as he was to Stewarts car. It was a accident the next time you are riding your bike block off half of the RS of your helmet and goggles and have someone sit something in a shady part of the track on your right and see if you don't hit it.

Forza I agree he gassed the car that was why I mentioned that is the only way to get the car to turn quickly. The RR wheel on a winged sprint car is 15 inches wide. That is why at slow speeds you have to smack the throttle to make the car turn quickly. Did your sources also tell you that the tire was taken off and turned over to the police? Did they tell you that the car sit in the pits until the police told them to load it up? Did they tell you that the car was offered for the police to keep and to perform any test or inspect in any way they needed?

Tony did make a mistake! Kevin did make a mistake! The track promoters and officials did make a mistake! The result of all of the mistakes made resulted in the loss of a life and forever changing multiple peoples lives.

MotoX85
8/10/2014 5:08pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Just showed the video to my wife, she said it looked like he swerved over and pinned it to her. Said the same thing about the...
Gringoe wrote:
Its called a second opinion dork, try it some time.
Gringoe
8/10/2014 5:09pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
Its called a second opinion dork, try it some time.
No one on here gives a shit about your wife's opinion. Dork

Post a reply to: Tony Stewart, MX COMPARISON

The Latest