Create New Tag

6/5/2018 3:11 PM

|

6/5/2018 3:13 PM

The joys of being a RedBull athlete.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/5/2018 3:14 PM

Are we getting “test” mixed up with “drive” ?

|

6/5/2018 3:32 PM

Life is good for the Sicilian...

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

6/5/2018 3:33 PM

Damn. I remember the top gear driver couldn't even drive an F1 car fast enough to keep the tires warm

|

6/5/2018 3:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 3:37 PM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

Damn. I remember the top gear driver couldn't even drive an F1 car fast enough to keep the tires warm

Haha I remember that. Hammond had to keep coming in the pits.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

6/5/2018 3:37 PM

Marquez and Pedrosa just did the same thing as well.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/897627/1/motogp-champion-marquez-tests-f1-car-updated

Lucky pricks, all of them!

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

Richard Tease II wrote:

Are we getting “test” mixed up with “drive” ?

Semantics can be ugly.smile

|

Maybe should be a little focused on motoing down butttt what i am also not a 9 time world champ sooo do what you wish!

|

6/5/2018 3:43 PM

They have have a bunch of extra Redbull cars in Salzburg at their Hangar Museum

|

6/5/2018 8:15 PM

If Tony’s car was the same as the others, it was 2012 spec. Still badass, though.

|

6/5/2018 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 6:24 AM

GuyB wrote:

If Tony’s car was the same as the others, it was 2012 spec. Still badass, though.

Yup, 2012 Spec Red Bull cars for the MotoGP guys (relabeled as Torro Rossos) non current tire width, aero package and back on naturally aspirated Renault V8s instead of the turbo V6s they currently run.

Ferrari tried to get Rossi to switch over near the end of the Schumacher era. Always been curious how that woulda worked out...

|

6/5/2018 8:52 PM

Yeah what a mixture.......

Red bull chassis, Torro Rosso livery, Renault engine but running with Honda badging on the car.

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

6/5/2018 10:43 PM

GuyB wrote:

Some would say MORE badass haha

That noise!!!

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

6/5/2018 10:48 PM

thorns wrote:

Yeah what a mixture.......

Red bull chassis, Torro Rosso livery, Renault engine but running with Honda badging on the car.

In the MotoGP test case, they're both Honda riders so labeling them as Torro Rossos makes sense with their new Honda relationship...I wouldn't be surprised if Tony's test car would be labeled as a Red Bull factory team car.

|

6/5/2018 11:27 PM

GuyB wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Yup, 2012 Spec Red Bull cars for the MotoGP guys (relabeled as Torro Rossos) non current tire width, aero package and back on naturally aspirated Renault V8s instead of the turbo V6s they currently run.

Ferrari tried to get Rossi to switch over near the end of the Schumacher era. Always been curious how that woulda worked out...

You know a ton of shit.

|

6/6/2018 3:06 AM

I think things like these cost him the raw speed he needs to stay up with Herlings apart from his age. F1-initiation, MotoGP-initiation, running the RACR-company with his wife, etc. This costs time and energy, and at some point it becomes too much to remain fully focused on a world championship battle I'm afraid.

Or it just relaxes him so he doesn't have to think about MXGP constantly.

|

6/6/2018 5:24 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

I think things like these cost him the raw speed he needs to stay up with Herlings apart from his age. F1-initiation, MotoGP-initiation, running the RACR-company with his wife, etc. This costs time and energy, and at some point it becomes too much to remain fully focused on a world championship battle I'm afraid.

He is riding faster than he ever has done in his career....just unfortunate he has someone equally special but younger in the same class. He has already said he has had to slow down on the mid week training because his age, I would say whatever he is doing it’s working.

|

6/6/2018 6:21 AM

That's one of the aspects that makes Motocross better than any other motorsport, IMO.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

6/6/2018 6:27 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

You know a ton of shit.

I try. F1 is just behind Motocross for me on sports I follow, I got into it a bit later but now I don’t think I’ve missed watching a race in like seven or eight years.

|

6/6/2018 7:27 AM

Tony Cairoli is a lucky guy to experience that!

My dad took me a few British Grand Prix rounds at Silverstone in the very early nineties (1990-92ish). I will never forget the noise (completely deafening), or the smell of the fuel which was distinctly different to the stuff that you smell at the Supercross.

What an experience it was to hear them hammer past on the first lap, and then later in the race, to see with my own eyes Ayrton Senna take out a couple of cars in an overly aggressive pass gone wrong. Left quite the impression.

|

6/6/2018 7:47 AM

ML512 wrote:

Unrelated to this test but Ferrari sure shit the bed by moving Schui out for Kimi. He would have won the 07 and 08 titles by a landslide. The fact that they were actually considering Rossi as a number 2 but shoved Schui out the door for Kimi is mind boggling to me.

|

6/6/2018 8:56 AM

ML512 wrote:

|

Power is nothing without control

6/6/2018 10:14 AM

GuyB wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Any insight as to why Rossi passed on the F1 opportunity? Can’t imagine why anyone would pass.

|

6/6/2018 10:44 AM

GuyB wrote:

ML512 wrote:

RCMXracing wrote:

Any insight as to why Rossi passed on the F1 opportunity? Can’t imagine why anyone would pass.

Probably made more money sticking with bikes.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/6/2018 11:33 AM

|

6/6/2018 11:57 AM

But does it have a factory ECU?

|

6/6/2018 12:02 PM

Hammer 663s wrote:

But does it have a factory ECU?

.. and torqued sprocket bolts

|

6/6/2018 1:37 PM

DeStouwer wrote:

Andy_Greenney wrote:

He is riding faster than he ever has done in his career....just unfortunate he has someone equally special but younger in the same class. He has already said he has had to slow down on the mid week training because his age, I would say whatever he is doing it’s working.

DV said preseason on Pulp that Cairoli had too many distractions and Herlings was hungry. He expected it to be a factor! Cairoli might be riding amazing but if his focus was 100% on MX could he be better? We'll never know.

|

6/6/2018 2:44 PM

Ricciardo out ... and Cairoli in?

Damn .... did not see that one coming.

|