Tony Alessi/Tony Berluti & Jimmy Button on Pulpmx.com show tonight..

BobbyM
4/20/2010 12:20pm
Masonry wrote:
I just think it's weak to make it your agenda on a message board to ruin somebody and then when you have an opportunity to call...
I just think it's weak to make it your agenda on a message board to ruin somebody and then when you have an opportunity to call in and let that person respond to all your criticism, nowhere to be found.
who's agenda are you talking about anonymous? Smile
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/20/2010 12:22pm
Masonry wrote:
I just think it's weak to make it your agenda on a message board to ruin somebody and then when you have an opportunity to call...
I just think it's weak to make it your agenda on a message board to ruin somebody and then when you have an opportunity to call in and let that person respond to all your criticism, nowhere to be found.
The funny part about that is alot of the people in the chat where just bashing Tony while Matthes was searching for phone calls. That girl Normalye, or whatever her name is, was just bashing Tony but she didnt have the balls errr guts to call in.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/20/2010 12:28pm
Matthes wrote:
This week on the Pulpmx.com Show we have the father of one of the top riders in the sport in Tony Alessi on the line tonight...

This week on the Pulpmx.com Show we have the father of one of the top riders in the sport in Tony Alessi on the line tonight as well as the longest tenured mechanic on the AMA circuit in Tony Berluti who will be in-studio all night. Also, former factory rider turned super agent Jimmy Button will call in with his take on the wild and crazy St Louis supercross.

Listen in live on-line at pulpmx.com as hosts Steve Matthes and Kenny Watson review the St Louis supercross, talk to Tony about his sons Mike and Jeff, the rumors surrounding them, the KTM 350 and much more. Berluti will be on-hand for all of you to hear about his amazing career and how Michel Pichon’s dad almost hit him in the head with a shovel. To cap it all off, Jimmy Button will let us know his opinion on the state of the sport and when silly season will start.

You’re going to have the chance to talk to Alessi, Berluti, Button, Watson or Matthes by calling in to (702) 586-7857 tonight. Have something on your brain for one of the above people? Feel free to pick the phone up and bring your best questions.

What you’ll want to do is visit pulpmx.com tonight at 6PM PST/9PM EST and click on the Pulpmx.com show banner. That will take you to the live stream of the show and that’s where you can also text-chat with other listeners or download the Ventrilo program, plug in your headset and you can voice-chat with others.

There will also be tons of giveaways tonight and throughout the season as we reward our loyal listeners with a discount on a purchase at TRE.com, EKS(X) Brand Goggles and much more!

You can access the show archives on ITunes as well as the archive will be up the next day on pulpmx.com.

So be in front of your computer tonight at 6PST/9EST for an entirely new way to get your moto information. See you there!

The PulpMX show is brought to you by EKS(X) Brand goggles, tremx.com and JGR Motors and Suspension
It became awfully apparent that Tony didnt give a shit about what people think and he doesnt need to answer questions. Shit happened every body knows that, you people need to move on and let them either succeed, or fail. Either way, how is it going to effect you? Its not, so why should Tony give two shit about answering some guys questions from the internet?
BobbyM
4/20/2010 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:17pm
UpTiTe wrote:
The funny part about that is alot of the people in the chat where just bashing Tony while Matthes was searching for phone calls. That girl...
The funny part about that is alot of the people in the chat where just bashing Tony while Matthes was searching for phone calls. That girl Normalye, or whatever her name is, was just bashing Tony but she didnt have the balls errr guts to call in.
those chat people can be brutal

lol...i also listened to the show today but had to just get bits and pieces, mainly wanted to listen to my friend tony b, didn't really give a shit bout tony a being on...and he answered exactly the way i knew he would and exactly the way he should have. what else has he got...sheesh. now this show was almost 3 hrs long, i dl'd it today and listened to what i could but only had about a 1/3 hour of total time of real listening.

to listen to the entire thing live on a school night was a little too much...so fuck off uptite if guys like me disappointed you and masonic man. Wink

(i know yer a good dude uptite...just bustin) Smile ya know...berluti has my cell, he should have said "let's call bobby"! Smile

The Shop

500guy
4/20/2010 12:31pm
Matthes wrote:
This week on the Pulpmx.com Show we have the father of one of the top riders in the sport in Tony Alessi on the line tonight...

This week on the Pulpmx.com Show we have the father of one of the top riders in the sport in Tony Alessi on the line tonight as well as the longest tenured mechanic on the AMA circuit in Tony Berluti who will be in-studio all night. Also, former factory rider turned super agent Jimmy Button will call in with his take on the wild and crazy St Louis supercross.

Listen in live on-line at pulpmx.com as hosts Steve Matthes and Kenny Watson review the St Louis supercross, talk to Tony about his sons Mike and Jeff, the rumors surrounding them, the KTM 350 and much more. Berluti will be on-hand for all of you to hear about his amazing career and how Michel Pichon’s dad almost hit him in the head with a shovel. To cap it all off, Jimmy Button will let us know his opinion on the state of the sport and when silly season will start.

You’re going to have the chance to talk to Alessi, Berluti, Button, Watson or Matthes by calling in to (702) 586-7857 tonight. Have something on your brain for one of the above people? Feel free to pick the phone up and bring your best questions.

What you’ll want to do is visit pulpmx.com tonight at 6PM PST/9PM EST and click on the Pulpmx.com show banner. That will take you to the live stream of the show and that’s where you can also text-chat with other listeners or download the Ventrilo program, plug in your headset and you can voice-chat with others.

There will also be tons of giveaways tonight and throughout the season as we reward our loyal listeners with a discount on a purchase at TRE.com, EKS(X) Brand Goggles and much more!

You can access the show archives on ITunes as well as the archive will be up the next day on pulpmx.com.

So be in front of your computer tonight at 6PST/9EST for an entirely new way to get your moto information. See you there!

The PulpMX show is brought to you by EKS(X) Brand goggles, tremx.com and JGR Motors and Suspension
UpTiTe wrote:
It became awfully apparent that Tony didnt give a shit about what people think and he doesnt need to answer questions. Shit happened every body knows...
It became awfully apparent that Tony didnt give a shit about what people think and he doesnt need to answer questions. Shit happened every body knows that, you people need to move on and let them either succeed, or fail. Either way, how is it going to effect you? Its not, so why should Tony give two shit about answering some guys questions from the internet?
When did Bobby demand to be answered ?

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/20/2010 12:33pm
Yea Berluts killed IMO, he talked about all his riders and the chain deal with Pichon. And like I said in an earlier post, he drilled Tony a bit also.
BobbyM
4/20/2010 12:36pm
Folks, if you still have questions you want answered, just pass them on to Matthes, he has Tony's cell number now. Maybe Matthes can provide some...
Folks, if you still have questions you want answered, just pass them on to Matthes, he has Tony's cell number now. Maybe Matthes can provide some sort of post show recap Q&A for you enquiring minds that did not have the stones to tell Tony in person.

I just want to add one comment regarding the Suzuki Team orders that the Alessi's were not happy with....Yes it may seem like once in a while you may need to take one for the team and help out your teammate if he is in the running for the championship. But the way these rider's contracts are structured now, you only get bonus money (which is usually pretty significant compared to the racer's salary) when you get on the podium. So asking one rider to help out another is ok and all that, unless it could potentially cost him money. I seem to remember Bob Hanna having issues with similar "team orders" as well. This is nothing new.

And for the record, when Tony was interviewed by DMXS and asked about Roger D and Team Suzuki, he graciously declined to comment and said he would rather talk about the future. Then when Roger D was subsequently interviewed, he took the opportunity to throw trhe Alessi's under the factory rig. So I thought it was ok that Tony tooka small jab at Roger D, he kind of owed him one.

Great show Matthes, I look forward to your next one!
rance...what sx race was mike on the podium but then backed it down to allow reed to pass?

also what race did mike podium at and who was there...or better yet, wasn't there.

it's ok if you don't reply....bm
4/20/2010 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:17pm
I would like to just recap something you guys brought up. Remember when me and some other people on here absolutely got slammed saying Chisholm had team orders to make his bike wide. We got beat right left and up and down. People screamed, No team orders are ever given and all that other bullshit. Ha, in your faces. Right from one of the sources that team orders are given. To make bikes a little wide. So to all those who said that. STFU. :-)

"Son, we live in a world that has berms and those berms need to be guarded by men with bikes. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Roger Decoster? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Reed and curse the L&M yamahas; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Reed's slam, while tragic, probably saved points and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves points. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that berm you need me on that berm. We use words like triple, whoops, block pass. We use them as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very sx stadium I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a CR and go to the starting gate. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

I mean, I think that was what he said Wink

"Are you saying Chisholm disobeyed a direct order?" I want the truth. You can't handle the truth
BobbyM
4/20/2010 12:38pm
anybody that has a racing brain knows who writes the checks for christ sakes..."racing brain" is the key. Smile
BobbyM
anybody that has a racing brain knows who writes the checks for christ sakes..."racing brain" is the key. Smile
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
Matthes wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
It became awfully apparent that Tony didnt give a shit about what people think and he doesnt need to answer questions. Shit happened every body knows...
500guy wrote:
When did Bobby demand to be answered ?

Dont attack me because I dont agree with you on Alessi.

For the record Booby didnt, but he thinks Tony dodged some question, which he might have. But Tony isnt going to go out of his way to answer people like you who think they deserve some kind of accountabilty fromTony.
500guy
4/20/2010 12:40pm
sorry Uptite didn't think I attacked you.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/20/2010 12:45pm
500guy wrote:
sorry Uptite didn't think I attacked you.

Its good man, just sometimes with all the A-holes around here latley you never know who is getting pissed and who isnt.

For the record, I like most yours and Bobbys posts, I just see Tony in a different way then most.
BobbyM
4/20/2010 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:17pm
UpTiTe wrote:
bingo!! you nailed it.

and here is my main opinion on tony alessi..regardless of all the other bullshit. ease the fuck off the kid about 30%, give him a break for gods sake. mike doesn't want to disappoint you and would swim through a tank full of great whites to please his ole man...so quit critizing him as much as it appears and ease the fugg off.

do i matter...hell no, does tony give a shit bout me? hell no....does mike have too much pressure on him from his dad? hell yes...should yer own dad be a sanctuary of comfort instead of a drill sargent at a 24/7 boot camp.

you tell me....

and why do you think i even respond to this shit? cuz i still like and want to see mike alessi kick some ass and get that title! damn folks....
Grendel
4/20/2010 2:51pm
And apparently Watson originated the Believe the Hype campaign.

Tony is who we thought he was....a very cool, clear and open man.
ocscottie
4/20/2010 3:15pm
"And apparently Watson originated the Believe the Hype campaign. "

*cough* bullshit!
burnside
4/20/2010 3:27pm
Wish we'd hear more from Matthes on here, he posts the link then runs for cover! haha.

Tony deffo handled himself well though, a much less controversial interview than you'd imagine. I don't buy the acting part for one minute though. Kind of cool he was rooting for RV and that JLaw/Hill storey was pretty funny too, fun to hear some stories from the dark under belly of MX!

4/20/2010 3:44pm
Interesting Button said 450F's are too fast for everyone except the single digit guys. Is there more talk about the 350F that most of us aren't hearing? Maybe other manufacturers are actually talking about it? Interesting...
oldx
4/20/2010 3:58pm
This program just seems to copy DMXS and steals a lot of things from them.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
4/20/2010 4:22pm
oldx wrote:
This program just seems to copy DMXS and steals a lot of things from them.
I agree. They have totally copied the people talking and the people calling in part.
jbomx363
4/21/2010 4:59pm
UpTiTe wrote:
The show was good, Mathes did a good job on asking some hard questions, even Berlutti asked some good questions and called Tony out on a...
The show was good, Mathes did a good job on asking some hard questions, even Berlutti asked some good questions and called Tony out on a few things

Its a shame the critics where to scared to call in, Tony had some freinds call in that had his back who actually know him, not just pretend to.
I'd just like to respond to the question about where were the calls from detractors and others who give Tony crap... well sheit... you only allowed 5 calls... and it seemed like all of them were his buddies or supporters, including Grendel. Did you only receive 5 calls? Do you think people gave up because of the rambling on? Do you think the warning ahead of time by Watson deterred some?

I didn't believe some of the answers he gave, a lot of spin there. I wonder why KTM doesn't leave them a bike, could be they don't trust them with a prototype? Why wouldn't they leave him a 450 to ride when he wanted to ride and the 350 wasn't ready/available?

Anyway.. still enjoyed the show as always.

Post a reply to: Tony Alessi/Tony Berluti & Jimmy Button on Pulpmx.com show tonight..

The Latest