Tony Alessi

BogMasterR
3/26/2010 7:11pm
What you are saying is the end justifies the means. There is an extremely unsavory underbelly to the amateur racing scene-- that would be parents going...
What you are saying is the end justifies the means.

There is an extremely unsavory underbelly to the amateur racing scene-- that would be parents going to unreasonable lengths to produce results on the racetrack.
To me, sports should be a character-building process- not an "ends justifies the means" process. Motocross is too dangerous, pays too little, and careers are way too short to justify turning a kid into a creepy, one-dimensional motocross robot.
That's not a reference to Mike Alessi- just my viewpoint on racing in general. And most racers and families I know are well-balanced, with a healthy attitude. But I see and hear things that disturb me from time to time.
roguemx wrote:
Would it be the "whoopins" Malcom talked about on DMXS? That left a sour taste in my mouth that kids' would get whipped for not producing...
Would it be the "whoopins" Malcom talked about on DMXS? That left a sour taste in my mouth that kids' would get whipped for not producing. I didn't want to start a thread about it, being that I don't know the full story, just what I heard on DMXS.
I heard that and I could not believe it ! Quite disturbing ! I can only hope he was joking but.....
raddad
3/26/2010 7:23pm
I felt the same. Beating for not performing on the track? I know JBS has eluded to this before but i figured it was just hype/bs/kid talk. Oh and back on topic, Tony should be jailed in a nut house.
oldx
3/26/2010 7:56pm
Sour dough,wheat, rye or white?
curmudgeon
3/26/2010 7:58pm
curmudgeon wrote:
Oh great, another thread on Tony Alessi. I've been waiting for this.
Grendel wrote:
You (Like myself) are a fixture in all of them, so I assume this isn't sarcasm.
Laughing No, sarcasm. Even I'm getting a bit tired of it all. I'm just waiting for the post where someone says that they heard through a friend that his cousin saw posted on some blog a rumor that Mike may be going out on his own.

The Shop

RACEGUY
3/26/2010 8:57pm
Yeah ..Brainwashed makes sense..lol Are you being serious? God I hope not..
Outsider wrote:
Never know....

Stockholm Syndrome
Exactly what was going through my un-washed brain.

It reads like Stockholm.
toby lawes
3/30/2010 7:59pm
Bottom line is the guy has bread 2 national level pros. That in itself is unreal and very impressive. Maybe you're all wrong and he's right...
Bottom line is the guy has bread 2 national level pros. That in itself is unreal and very impressive. Maybe you're all wrong and he's right?? I have 4 kids. If I can go 1 for 4 i'd be happy. My approach would be different but who's to say what it right. Mikey seems to still love and respect his pops which is allot more then I could say for most kids. Also both Tony's kids are drug free and have jobs.
your bottom line is right on dan!! tony loves his boys and wants the best for them, tony put his life in on hold to make his kids champs. by the way me and dan raced with tony when we wer kids on 80s at indian dunes.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
3/30/2010 8:01pm
Bottom line is the guy has bread 2 national level pros. That in itself is unreal and very impressive. Maybe you're all wrong and he's right...
Bottom line is the guy has bread 2 national level pros. That in itself is unreal and very impressive. Maybe you're all wrong and he's right?? I have 4 kids. If I can go 1 for 4 i'd be happy. My approach would be different but who's to say what it right. Mikey seems to still love and respect his pops which is allot more then I could say for most kids. Also both Tony's kids are drug free and have jobs.
toby lawes wrote:
your bottom line is right on dan!! tony loves his boys and wants the best for them, tony put his life in on hold to make...
your bottom line is right on dan!! tony loves his boys and wants the best for them, tony put his life in on hold to make his kids champs. by the way me and dan raced with tony when we wer kids on 80s at indian dunes.
wow.
adamdf
3/30/2010 8:26pm
The only difference between TA and many mini Dads? A camera and a bunch of obsessed message boarders. I heard some stuff on an Internet radio...
The only difference between TA and many mini Dads?
A camera and a bunch of obsessed message boarders.
I heard some stuff on an Internet radio show that has me literally sick to my stomach right now. And it has nothing to do with the Alessis. Haven't heard much about it on here though.
I tend to agree, a lot of mini guys or top AM riders' families have had to sacrifice a ton, even some barely making the payments on their homes to go race, but not all of them are on fueltv, good point man.
JSB
3/30/2010 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2010 11:21pm
toby lawes wrote:
your bottom line is right on dan!! tony loves his boys and wants the best for them, tony put his life in on hold to make...
Regis wrote:
wow.
So have the Hahn parents,the Hayden parents, the Pearsons in off-road, the Busch family in NASCAR, but none of those parents seem to be the center of drama.
BobbyM
3/31/2010 5:23am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2010 5:24am
tony can be a good dude but much like gwenny he is too hung up on himself.
Grendel
3/31/2010 5:27am
BobbyM wrote:
Coming from the man trying to use a message board to pull a dad from his kid that's a laugh.
BobbyM
3/31/2010 5:29am
BobbyM wrote:
Grendel wrote:
Coming from the man trying to use a message board to pull a dad from his kid that's a laugh.
see what i mean...1 minute 22 seconds. afuckingmazing.

and speaking of using message boards as a means to something....lmao.
Grendel
3/31/2010 5:36am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2010 5:37am
BobbyM wrote:
see what i mean...1 minute 22 seconds. afuckingmazing.

and speaking of using message boards as a means to something....lmao.
Yes and you seeing me post a few minutes ago had nothing to do with dropping my name I'm sure.Wink

And a means to what, BobbyM?
swizcore
3/31/2010 6:49am
czernik wrote:
[img]http://www.timeidol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ugly-men-6.jpg[/img]
I don't have those shades anymore and I lost a pound or two.
mjskier
3/31/2010 7:29am
There is an extremely unsavory underbelly to the amateur racing scene-- that would be parents going to unreasonable lengths to produce results on the racetrack.

It isn't just racing. I have 2 girls who play competitive volleyball and I've seen parents (and coaches) behave just like your typical motodad.
I had a mom offer to give my daughter a cortisone shot after she sprained an ankle and couldn't play a game. I just can't understand the though process that went into that one.
justmacd
3/31/2010 7:33am
mjskier wrote:
[b]There is an extremely unsavory underbelly to the amateur racing scene-- that would be parents going to unreasonable lengths to produce results on the racetrack.[/b] It...

It isn't just racing. I have 2 girls who play competitive volleyball and I've seen parents (and coaches) behave just like your typical motodad.
I had a mom offer to give my daughter a cortisone shot after she sprained an ankle and couldn't play a game. I just can't understand the though process that went into that one.
Like most of these threads that go wayward, this has been covered before.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Parents-living-vicariously…
3/31/2010 7:39am
mjskier wrote:
[b]There is an extremely unsavory underbelly to the amateur racing scene-- that would be parents going to unreasonable lengths to produce results on the racetrack.[/b] It...

I should point out that Inside the Outdoors portrays parents active in the super high pressure world of pro racing. It's more understandable to have the kind of 24-7 dedication to racing when you are a pro racer and that is the reason for getting up each day.
Mike actually seems like a pretty cool kid-- he's just way intense. I guess that's how you get to be one of the best in the world.

My comment has more to do with amateur racing-- and I grew up doing lots of sports and I saw a lot of parental pressure, parents living through their kids etc. But mx seems to have an extra degree of intensity from parents, probably due to the resources it takes to race competitively.

Post a reply to: Tony Alessi

The Latest