Tonkov

Freddy
Russia was looking strong heading into this. Does anyone know what happened to Tonkov? No word on why he is replaced anywhere
|
9/25/2016 1:52am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2016 1:53am
Freddy wrote:
Russia was looking strong heading into this. Does anyone know what happened to Tonkov? No word on why he is replaced anywhere
Visa issues...
TMV
9/25/2016 2:01am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2016 2:11am
Seems like he should have gone back to Russia more often between races and stuff but hadn't. Apparently this is in russian law for guys who work outside of Russia. I heard he will have to stay 2 years in Russia without possibility of getting out of the country. Hope he finds a solution or "bye bye carreer!".
Bobryshev said once that it's really restrictive for a russian to work outside the country.

The Shop

9/25/2016 2:18am
Tonkov lookso like he could be another potential Febvre or Gaijser IMO, hope he figures things out.
Sidecar
9/25/2016 1:38pm
TMV wrote:
Seems like he should have gone back to Russia more often between races and stuff but hadn't. Apparently this is in russian law for guys who...
Seems like he should have gone back to Russia more often between races and stuff but hadn't. Apparently this is in russian law for guys who work outside of Russia. I heard he will have to stay 2 years in Russia without possibility of getting out of the country. Hope he finds a solution or "bye bye carreer!".
Bobryshev said once that it's really restrictive for a russian to work outside the country.
Wow, shame if that's the case, been a fan of his for a few years now, since he was surprising people on the underpowered CRF 250.
St Ann More
9/25/2016 1:41pm
TMV wrote:
Seems like he should have gone back to Russia more often between races and stuff but hadn't. Apparently this is in russian law for guys who...
Sidecar wrote:
Wow, shame if that's the case, been a fan of his for a few years now, since he was surprising people on the underpowered CRF 250.
No doubt, he's had a few stellar rides on the 450 too. Massive blow if it does turn out to be two years.
MXMattii
9/25/2016 2:43pm
themrtoad wrote:
Caught for PEDS ??
Something is very wrong what. I dunno, PEDs? Don't think so because all test results are always coming online on Fim-Live and his last race was in France and they already got published if I'm not mistaken.

But first his back was injured, afterwards the press release came he was healed up but no Tonkov at the races. So then you know things are not going like planned. Maybe he can change his nationality to Moldavia or something like that.
themrtoad
9/26/2016 12:43am
themrtoad wrote:
Caught for PEDS ??
MXMattii wrote:
Something is very wrong what. I dunno, PEDs? Don't think so because all test results are always coming online on Fim-Live and his last race was...
Something is very wrong what. I dunno, PEDs? Don't think so because all test results are always coming online on Fim-Live and his last race was in France and they already got published if I'm not mistaken.

But first his back was injured, afterwards the press release came he was healed up but no Tonkov at the races. So then you know things are not going like planned. Maybe he can change his nationality to Moldavia or something like that.
I also think it's strange so therefore I suspect something has happened.

I'm no expert at Visa related problems in Russia(actually quite far from) but when they blame weird stuff over and over again it probably is something wrong that would mean even worse PR.

Do they test people between races sometimes? Let's say they showed up and forced him to do a test while doing his rehab somewhere?

Post a reply to: Tonkov

The Latest