Tonight Makeup to Mud is the best one.

BikerScars
4/7/2018 3:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2018 4:53am
Usually this segment (Makeup to Mud) is ridiculous, patronizing, and even a bit sexist, but tonight is about a person that really needs to be celebrated. She arguably may have saved our sport, as the love and skills for motorcycling and racing is developed as a youth.

Worth watching....

Thank you Nancy Sabater.
|
ebers
Fantasy
170th
4/7/2018 3:41pm
She’s an awesome person! Congrats to her for getting a bit of the spotlight, can’t wait to see it.
Indy mxer
4/7/2018 4:29pm
I think all the episodes are good. I enjoy the stories. Shining a light on girls in mx is good for the sport!
agn5009
4/7/2018 4:38pm
I don't mind it. I definitely don't get all the hate. It's 1000% better than the stupid Twitter segments. They show a short couple minute segment about women who love the sport and people bitch. It's pretty unreal actually.
DC98
4/7/2018 4:44pm
BikerScars wrote:
Usually this segment (Makeup to Mud) is ridiculous, patronizing, and even a bit sexist, but tonight is about a person that really needs to be celebrated...
Usually this segment (Makeup to Mud) is ridiculous, patronizing, and even a bit sexist, but tonight is about a person that really needs to be celebrated. She arguably may have saved our sport, as the love and skills for motorcycling and racing is developed as a youth.

Worth watching....

Thank you Nancy Sabater.
They are all good and all worth watching, but you must know this person.
Not sure why you would put any of them down.

The Shop

Premixed112
4/7/2018 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2018 5:04pm
Fail to see how one segment about women in a largely male dominated sport can be sexist.. But ok. And I love how you say that segment is ridiculous and patronizing unless it's someone you know. She sure doesn't need someone like you repping her. What a stupid post.
BikerScars
4/7/2018 5:05pm
BikerScars wrote:
Usually this segment (Makeup to Mud) is ridiculous, patronizing, and even a bit sexist, but tonight is about a person that really needs to be celebrated...

Worth watching....

Thank you Nancy Sabater.
DC98 wrote:
They are all good and all worth watching, but you must know this person.
Not sure why you would put any of them down.
No, don't know her. Never even heard of her before.
Just saw the segment an hour ago on Supercrosslive.com and was impressed.
She should be celebrated. You'll see and probably agree tonight.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/7/2018 5:05pm
Fail to see how one segment about women in a largely male dominated sport can be sexist.. But ok. And I love how you say that...
Fail to see how one segment about women in a largely male dominated sport can be sexist.. But ok. And I love how you say that segment is ridiculous and patronizing unless it's someone you know. She sure doesn't need someone like you repping her. What a stupid post.
I’m with you...
BikerScars
4/7/2018 5:07pm
Fail to see how one segment about women in a largely male dominated sport can be sexist.. But ok. And I love how you say that...
Would be different if they were covering the fastest women in MX. That would be cool.

Again don't know her, but impressed by her hard work for the sport/hobby.
JBecker 72
4/7/2018 5:11pm
How are the other segments sexist and patronizing?
BikerScars
4/7/2018 5:15pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
Again if they were covering woman who are winning woman's MX, that would be cool. Or a female that's about to qualify for the main, also cool.

But covering random woman that have a dirt bike just because they are female and nothing more is patronizing. There are plenty of woman making a difference in MX racing that could be covered.
Frank
4/7/2018 5:18pm
Im all about the underdog winning in life stories like this. They should also showcase the non pro side of this sport that fills 30% of the gates each week. Almost seems like they don't want the public to know about them.
Doddy
4/7/2018 5:20pm
Have to ask...what is sexist about these segments?
JBecker 72
4/7/2018 5:21pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
BikerScars wrote:
Again if they were covering woman who are winning woman's MX, that would be cool. Or a female that's about to qualify for the main, also...
Again if they were covering woman who are winning woman's MX, that would be cool. Or a female that's about to qualify for the main, also cool.

But covering random woman that have a dirt bike just because they are female and nothing more is patronizing. There are plenty of woman making a difference in MX racing that could be covered.
The series is about being inclusive and getting more women involved other than being track snacks. They don’t have to show the top field of WMX riders, as that’s not the best way to get your average girl or woman on a bike. It’s about being relatable.
akillerwombat
4/7/2018 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2018 5:24pm
BikerScars wrote:
Again if they were covering woman who are winning woman's MX, that would be cool. Or a female that's about to qualify for the main, also...

Why show women other women, who happen to look just like like them, having fun when we can show them what .00001% of riders can accomplish if you start riding at 4 years old and dedicate your lives to the sport?
Doddy
4/7/2018 5:27pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
BikerScars wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:
The series is about being inclusive and getting more women involved other than being track snacks. They don’t have to show the top field of WMX...
The series is about being inclusive and getting more women involved other than being track snacks. They don’t have to show the top field of WMX riders, as that’s not the best way to get your average girl or woman on a bike. It’s about being relatable.
Exactly. Different demographic. I still fail to see anything that resembles sexist or patronizing.
KDXGarage
4/8/2018 1:41am
I also thought it was the best one. Thank you to Nancy Sabater!
ledger
4/8/2018 2:55am
KDXGarage wrote:
I also thought it was the best one. Thank you to Nancy Sabater!
Ditto.
Premix
4/8/2018 4:53am
Met Nancy a couple of time at the Full Gas Enduros last year. Her guy Bill Schlag, former pro from the mid 90’s, still straight up hauls the mail and puts a whoppin on the A class even in his 40’s

Post a reply to: Tonight Makeup to Mud is the best one.

The Latest