Tonight Makeup to Mud is the best one.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2018 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 3:35 PM

Usually this segment (Makeup to Mud) is ridiculous, patronizing, and even a bit sexist, but tonight is about a person that really needs to be celebrated. She arguably may have saved our sport, as the love and skills for motorcycling and racing is developed as a youth.

Worth watching....

Thank you Nancy Sabater.

|

4/7/2018 3:41 PM

She’s an awesome person! Congrats to her for getting a bit of the spotlight, can’t wait to see it.

|

4/7/2018 4:29 PM

I think all the episodes are good. I enjoy the stories. Shining a light on girls in mx is good for the sport!

|

4/7/2018 4:38 PM

I don't mind it. I definitely don't get all the hate. It's 1000% better than the stupid Twitter segments. They show a short couple minute segment about women who love the sport and people bitch. It's pretty unreal actually.

|

4/7/2018 4:44 PM

BikerScars wrote:

Usually this segment (Makeup to Mud) is ridiculous, patronizing, and even a bit sexist, but tonight is about a person that ...more

They are all good and all worth watching, but you must know this person.
Not sure why you would put any of them down.

|

4/7/2018 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 5:04 PM

Fail to see how one segment about women in a largely male dominated sport can be sexist.. But ok. And I love how you say that segment is ridiculous and patronizing unless it's someone you know. She sure doesn't need someone like you repping her. What a stupid post.

|

4/7/2018 5:05 PM

BikerScars wrote:

Usually this segment (Makeup to Mud) is ridiculous, patronizing, and even a bit sexist, but tonight is about a person that ...more

DC98 wrote:

They are all good and all worth watching, but you must know this person.
Not sure why you would put any of them down.

No, don't know her. Never even heard of her before.
Just saw the segment an hour ago on Supercrosslive.com and was impressed.
She should be celebrated. You'll see and probably agree tonight.

|

4/7/2018 5:05 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Fail to see how one segment about women in a largely male dominated sport can be sexist.. But ok. And I love how you say that ...more

I’m with you...

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/7/2018 5:07 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Fail to see how one segment about women in a largely male dominated sport can be sexist.. But ok. And I love how you say that ...more

Would be different if they were covering the fastest women in MX. That would be cool.

Again don't know her, but impressed by her hard work for the sport/hobby.

|

4/7/2018 5:11 PM

How are the other segments sexist and patronizing?

|

4/7/2018 5:15 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

Again if they were covering woman who are winning woman's MX, that would be cool. Or a female that's about to qualify for the main, also cool.

But covering random woman that have a dirt bike just because they are female and nothing more is patronizing. There are plenty of woman making a difference in MX racing that could be covered.

|

4/7/2018 5:16 PM

A little Google Fu brought this up on Nancy.

Looks like she showed the AMA how to actually win a fight in Washington. Good for her!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/activist-nancy-sabater-named-ama-motorcyclist-of-the-year/

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

4/7/2018 5:18 PM

Im all about the underdog winning in life stories like this. They should also showcase the non pro side of this sport that fills 30% of the gates each week. Almost seems like they don't want the public to know about them.

|

4/7/2018 5:20 PM

Have to ask...what is sexist about these segments?

|

4/7/2018 5:21 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

BikerScars wrote:

Again if they were covering woman who are winning woman's MX, that would be cool. Or a female that's about to qualify for the ...more

The series is about being inclusive and getting more women involved other than being track snacks. They don’t have to show the top field of WMX riders, as that’s not the best way to get your average girl or woman on a bike. It’s about being relatable.

|

4/7/2018 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 5:24 PM

BikerScars wrote:

Again if they were covering woman who are winning woman's MX, that would be cool. Or a female that's about to qualify for the ...more

Why show women other women, who happen to look just like like them, having fun when we can show them what .00001% of riders can accomplish if you start riding at 4 years old and dedicate your lives to the sport?

|

4/7/2018 5:27 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

BikerScars wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

The series is about being inclusive and getting more women involved other than being track snacks. They don’t have to show the ...more

Exactly. Different demographic. I still fail to see anything that resembles sexist or patronizing.

|

4/7/2018 5:29 PM

|

4/8/2018 1:41 AM

I also thought it was the best one. Thank you to Nancy Sabater!

|

4/8/2018 2:55 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

I also thought it was the best one. Thank you to Nancy Sabater!

Ditto.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

4/8/2018 4:53 AM

Met Nancy a couple of time at the Full Gas Enduros last year. Her guy Bill Schlag, former pro from the mid 90’s, still straight up hauls the mail and puts a whoppin on the A class even in his 40’s

|