Toni said No Go for MXDN

jaeckle
8/22/2010 5:20pm
making some popcorn.....you guys want some?
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
8/22/2010 5:41pm
Hopefully they will get there act together and get off the high horse and come over.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/22/2010 5:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 5:44pm
Yaya wrote:
Hopefully they will get there act together and get off the high horse and come over.
I'm pretty sure they have already selected a different team that they will be coming here with.
Obviously without AC or DP.
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
8/22/2010 5:45pm
FastEddy wrote:
I'm pretty sure they have already selected a different team that they will be coming here with.
Obviously without AC or DP.
Yea, I figured as much. The new "Psuedo-Italians" haha

The Shop

mx757
8/22/2010 9:32pm
Team Euro wrote:
You spell Tony's name wrong, you spell the FIM wrong you are all a bunch of jerks who think that the GP riders and the FIM...
You spell Tony's name wrong, you spell the FIM wrong you are all a bunch of jerks who think that the GP riders and the FIM take the MXdN serious, It's only a all-star race to bring in money for the host nation,,that's all....repeat...that's all.. only the USA which does not step up or rate in the World Championship takes it serious,,it's their only chance to play with the big boys and the big boys don't care.
FIM = Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme
FMI = Federazione Motociclistica Italiana

Fucking tool.
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
8/22/2010 10:02pm
Well looks like this thread has offically tanked, it was good while it lasted.
DrSweden
8/22/2010 10:07pm
elsinore wrote:
There is no truth to anything you have ever posted euro......you are a sad shit stirring pos
And seems he's not even a Euro. GuyB tracked his ip to the US! Wink Pew!
JB 19
8/22/2010 10:14pm
This really is stupid......like 1st graders fighting over a toy. Are the riders under any contract with the Feds? I think it would be a great slap in the face to guys on their tall horses if some big name sponsors brought the big dog Italian riders over inspite of the ferderation.

Say what you want about Americans, but we love competition.
angel387mx
8/25/2010 10:06am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2010 10:08am
Hi, I'm Italian, I want to share my opinion with you guys (without offendig anyone):

1. Nothing new under the sun: this issue has been dragged on for a few years now

2. I'm sure this time our well hated Luongo is not guilty (a move like this one would upset the beloved sponsors)

3. Philippaerts and Cairoli would be onored to represent their Nation in the most important race of the year, and has absolutely no sense to tell that Cairoli doesn't want to race 'cause he's afraid to have his ass kicked by Ryan Dungey (and vice-versa) : they are the best riders in the world and to be the best you CAN'T fear your competition.

4. The FMI (which stands for Federazione Motociclistica Italiana) is trying to "strongarm" the Teams with this "Maglia Azzurra" project, no one of us riders knows what kind of money is involved with this, but the FMI said that they put on the line 50,000€ which is the equivalent of 63,275 us$ to go to the MXoN:

how many 63,275 $$ KTM, YAMAHA, RedBull and Monster hand out to a world class Team? Only to have their logos erased in the biggest race?

5. I want to show you some pics to give you a better idea:

this will be the official jersey (pretty lame and soccer team-like in my opinion) of the Italian team:

http://www.federmoto.it/Portals/0/Immagini/RedattoreFMI/magliaazzurra/a…

this was the Team RedBull KTM proposal (pretty reasonable I think, and better looking too) just click on the thumbnails:

http://www.motoverte.com/...-italien--54404.html

The big losers are us, the fans, and I blame the FMI for this: bureaucracy sucks!
jamma10
8/25/2010 10:21am
angel387mx - what do you think the chances are of the situation being resolved? Surely all those involved realise that between them they are robbing us all of a fantastic occasion?

The situation is tragic, I almost feel like flying over to Italy and banging on some peoples doors! Grinning
angel387mx
8/25/2010 10:29am
The time is getting short, I can't see a solution (logistics)... :-(
I can tell you that a lot of us don't want to bang doors, WE WANT TO BANG HEADS!!!
peelout719
8/25/2010 10:33am
Grendel wrote:
We should all chip in for his flight. And I'm sure Mike will lend him his 350 for the afternoon.
you should set up a petition.... like the good ol' days Wink
TeamGreen
8/25/2010 10:37am
Team Euro wrote:
You spell Tony's name wrong, you spell the FIM wrong you are all a bunch of jerks who think that the GP riders and the FIM...
You spell Tony's name wrong, you spell the FIM wrong you are all a bunch of jerks who think that the GP riders and the FIM take the MXdN serious, It's only a all-star race to bring in money for the host nation,,that's all....repeat...that's all.. only the USA which does not step up or rate in the World Championship takes it serious,,it's their only chance to play with the big boys and the big boys don't care.
Dearest Self-Righteous Ass,

Check the spelling on this: Ignorant

So, the Aussie's, French, English...etc. don't take it, the MXdN, seriously? Right.

We don't "rate"?
We need to race the GPs?
Really?
That series offers MORE to OUR "Fast-Guys"?
Seems that OUR Racers and the Factory Teams don't see it that way.

Btw, GP racers seem to enjoy coming over here to race, don't they?

Besides, if we did race the GP circuit...we'd win that, TOO...

I'm jus' sayin'...
angel387mx
8/25/2010 11:03am
Grendel wrote:
We should all chip in for his flight. And I'm sure Mike will lend him his 350 for the afternoon.
knobby101 wrote:
Ya.. he ain't doing anything with it anyways!!
Hi knobby, maybe I misunderstood your post BUT -without offending anyone- your statement puts your motocross knowledge ratio in serious jeopardy:
Belgium's Clement Desalle (a rider I like a lot) didn't put on a bad show in the only US National he raced in this year, AND you have to consider that Cairoli beats him on a regular basis, sooooo...
;-)
Kinetic1
8/25/2010 11:34am
You misunderstood. He was saying that Mike Alessi isn't doing anything with his 350 so Antonio could borrow it if he needed too.
angel387mx
8/25/2010 11:38am
Kinetic1 wrote:
You misunderstood. He was saying that Mike Alessi isn't doing anything with his 350 so Antonio could borrow it if he needed too.
Ok!
I apologize!
DrSweden
8/25/2010 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2010 12:52pm
angel387mx wrote:
Ok!
I apologize!
Do you have any names of the fuckheads in FMI that are killing this event? Maybe even an email adress? Or home adress? Smile

In times like these I miss TFS, he usually made some digging and put the card to the table and manages to explain things properly from both sides so even I calmed down.

Where are the "journos"? This is the biggest news this year, and NO reporting?
pilotdude
8/25/2010 1:02pm
Utter, absolute, total, 100% Italian disgrace. And yes, the Team Red Bull KTM Jerseys are better looking by a long, long way.
DanDunes818
8/25/2010 1:43pm
Team Euro wrote:
mx757 wrote:
FIM = Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme
FMI = Federazione Motociclistica Italiana

Fucking tool.
x2..lol
ando
8/25/2010 2:05pm
I still haven't decided what's more entertaining - TeamEuro's posts or the inevitable reactions they get.

In the meantime, carry on, makes for interesting reading when I'm bored at work.

Back on topic, FWIW it sucks that AC (the others) won't be coming - I still think Dungey has only been really pushed once or twice this year, and AC could be the guy to do it.
BobbyM
8/25/2010 2:38pm
Team Euro wrote:
man...you may have a point
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/25/2010 2:42pm
angel387mx wrote:
The time is getting short, I can't see a solution (logistics)... :-( I can tell you that a lot of us don't want to bang doors...
The time is getting short, I can't see a solution (logistics)... :-(
I can tell you that a lot of us don't want to bang doors, WE WANT TO BANG HEADS!!!
Ciao.
Do yo hanno alcuna connessione La Cosa Nostra che si può contattare per convincere forse la Federazione Motociclistica Italiana a lasciarli andare?
Wink
angel387mx
8/25/2010 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2010 3:02pm
Yaya wrote:
Toni Caroli on the podium after the first MX1 race in Brazil said "he is dissapointed in not being able to come to the US for...
Toni Caroli on the podium after the first MX1 race in Brazil said "he is dissapointed in not being able to come to the US for the Des Nations." This Sucks!
In our MX forum ( www.mxbars.net ) we have a lot of Sicilian guys, but for the most part they are financially broke, so I think they are not Cosa Nostra members!

;-)
8/25/2010 5:26pm
What a bitch. He's just scared he will get his ass handed to him.
your the ignorant bitch, he wants to go, and who is going to beat him?, he easily has Desalle covered, so it would be great to see him and RD have at it.

Post a reply to: Toni said No Go for MXDN

The Latest