Toni said No Go for MXDN

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2010 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2010 10:03 AM

Toni Caroli on the podium after the first MX1 race in Brazil said "he is dissapointed in not being able to come to the US for the Des Nations." This Sucks!

|

8/22/2010 10:08 AM

Major bummer

|

8/22/2010 10:09 AM

What a bitch. He's just scared he will get his ass handed to him.

|

Tony Caroli is afraid of Ryan Dungey.

8/22/2010 10:16 AM

Wow. The event just took a major shit in my book. I can see our US top guys race live anytime. I was going to see the GP's top riders for the first time. Pisses me off.

|

8/22/2010 10:19 AM

Whats the reason?

|

8/22/2010 10:24 AM

This all last weeks news. The Italian Federation only gave the riders a small space (20x20cm I read) on the offical team Italy jersey for sponsors so Cairoli and Philleparts teams said they would not participate.

|

8/22/2010 10:25 AM

We should all chip in for his flight. And I'm sure Mike will lend him his 350 for the afternoon.

|

Nerd wrote: "I don't think Grendel has ever actually been off his game."

8/22/2010 10:28 AM

HRpuffinstuff wrote:

What a bitch. He's just scared he will get his ass handed to him.

STFU

|

8/22/2010 10:35 AM

So who is Italy sending instead of Cairoli and Philleparts?

|

8/22/2010 10:38 AM

Grendel wrote:

We should all chip in for his flight. And I'm sure Mike will lend him his 350 for the afternoon.

Ya.. he ain't doing anything with it anyways!!

|

" If I spent as much time as you guys do, tapping away at your semen stained keyboards... I would have all the answers too!

8/22/2010 10:38 AM

jaeckle wrote:

So who is Italy sending instead of Cairoli and Philleparts?

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/22/2010 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2010 11:01 AM

They had a great chance to win. Between the US, Italy, France and Belgium it would have been insane.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

8/22/2010 11:06 AM

Bummer. Losing interest rapidly.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

8/22/2010 11:18 AM

No Italian and no Dutch team
Anyone else missing it?

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

8/22/2010 11:24 AM

They're the ones who pay for everything
Why do you believe they think they're bigger than the sport?

It's the Federation that's in the wrong.
Do you think Dungey's jersey is not going to say Makita Suzuki or his gear say Fox?
You think Short's jersey is not going to say Red Bull Honda?

Sponsors pay the bills, not the Federation

You are blaming the wrong people

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/22/2010 11:25 AM

A simple, divine solution: Team Vatican City, sponsored by Red Bull/Monster.... Or Team San Marino. That's kind of like Team Puerto Rico, only without all the Americans.

DC
MX Sports

|

8/22/2010 11:25 AM

KTM & Yamaha

|

8/22/2010 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2010 11:27 AM

What about "Team RiffRaff " All the guys that couldn't get on their own nations teams for whatever reasons could ride on the same squad.

Bubba, TC and Philliparts could wipe up !

|

I've been here 17 years , am I still English, man ???

8/22/2010 11:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2010 11:32 AM

It's KTM Red Bull & Yamaha Monster Both GP Team's.

However, from a business stance (what the sport really is at the Pro-level) I cant blame them.
They fork out far to much money in the sport to get treated like that.
All the FMI is really doing is upsetting fans and also scaring away other type of mainstream sponsors from jumping on board the sport.
IMO: The FMI is trying to say they are not only bigger then the sport, but also the sponsors who fund the sport at the top world wide level...

|

8/22/2010 11:32 AM

The Federation selects the squad, appoints managers and sends extraneous staff to the event.

|

8/22/2010 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2010 11:35 AM

They are what the AMA is to Team USA.

However, the federation also has it's own sponsors who do kick down some money to Team Italy.

What is crazy is, these same sponsors were able to come to an agreement with every other team they dealt with...just not the Italians.
Kinda shows right there, how hard headed they were being.

|

8/22/2010 11:34 AM

Federation is like the AMA

What would your position be if the AMA told Dungey, Short and Canard that they could not have sponsors on their jerseys and had to have big flags and an AMA logo instead?

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/22/2010 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2010 11:55 AM

Italy has a long history of having their sports teams were the national colors in international competition, The Azzure (blue)is the nickname of all their teams, be it soccer or motocross. And remember, it was a big deal when they wore the green of Lombardia (the region where the race was being held) at the MXoN in the last moto last year and blew it all within half a lap!

The federation pays for the travel and all for this event, but the bikes and development and athletes themselves are supported by the energy drink sponsors. So both make a good point....

Remember when Team USA's '92 basketball "dream team" was sponsored by Reebok and Michael Jordan pinned a flag over his warm-ups so you could not see his Reebok logo? He was a Nike man, and that was the solution!

DC

MX Sports

|

8/22/2010 11:57 AM

There were some of us that sent E-mails to Federazione Motociclistica Italiana expressing that we weren't happy with their decision. wink
Also added explanations of why it is not good for the sport,sponsors, or possible new sponsors interested in the sport and also the sport in general.
They really don't care,their just hard headed like that.

|

8/22/2010 11:57 AM

The federation should, impartially, pick a team based on rider performance.

A sponsor only wants a R.O.I so he's gonna pick whoever he pays no matter what the guys chances are.

|

8/22/2010 12:01 PM

DC wrote:

Italy has a long history of having their sports teams were the national colors in international competition, The Azzure (blue)is the nickname of all their teams, be it soccer or motocross. And remember, it was a big deal when they wore the green of Lombardia (the region where the race was being held) at the MXoN in the last moto last year and blew it all within half a lap!

The federation pays for the travel and all for this event, but the bikes and development and athletes themselves are supported by the energy drink sponsors. So both make a good point....

Remember when Team USA's '92 basketball "dream team" was sponsored by Reebok and Michael Jordan pinned a flag over his warm-ups so you could not see his Reebok logo? He was a Nike man, and that was the solution!

DC

MX Sports

In the spirit of Jordan's solution they should ride with the official team Italy jersey and wear a Loretta Lynns style bib with the sponsor logos on it.

|

8/22/2010 12:03 PM

DC wrote:

DC

MX Sports

DownSouth wrote:

In the spirit of Jordan's solution they should ride with the official team Italy jersey and wear a Loretta Lynns style bib with the sponsor logos on it.

Bingo!!

|

8/22/2010 12:05 PM

DC wrote:

DC

MX Sports

DownSouth wrote:

i was just about to suggest the exact same thing. cool

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

8/22/2010 12:15 PM

DownSouth wrote:

Yeah but you pull that clever shit in Italy and suddenly you wake up with a horses head in your bed and your entire family dismembered wink

|

8/22/2010 1:25 PM

FlaNard wrote:

They had a great chance to win. Between the US, Italy, France and Belgium it would have been insane.

Unfortunately, even with Cairoli and Philippaerts, they had no chance to win, because of the new rule for the MX2 rider (23 years old max).

Italy has no top rider of this age to win the MXoN. (Lupino is the italian federation's choice for MX2 this year).

|