Toni Cairoli - MX1 World Champion 2010

FlaNard
8/24/2010 1:43am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2010 1:51am
Sure wish the guy could have raced the Des Nations. He is crazy fast to be sure. I would have loved to see him and Dungey head to head now that Dungey has a year of winning on a 450 under his belt. Would have been a great race. And to throw in my two cents, I think he would end up somewhere in the top 3 over here in Motocross. He has the ability to end up on any of the steps on the podium. So do a couple other guys once everyone is healthy. Just for a moment...RV, Dungey, Stewart, AC, Panda, ect all lined up on the same gate...then imagine everyone could stay healthy all series long.
jamma10
8/24/2010 2:58am
I too was at the MXDN at Budds Creek in 07. RV was untouchable. I said I know he is great. I just think he needs...
I too was at the MXDN at Budds Creek in 07. RV was untouchable. I said I know he is great. I just think he needs to cross the pond and see how he does against some of the US guys. I don't think he can win championships over here against JS, RD, RV, CR, TC etc. I mean no disrespect to him. Just don't think it would happen. I would LOVE to have him here thrown in the mix.
ST Anmore wrote:
He smoked Pourcel in Europe, i mean in the three years they raced, AC won 46 motos to CP's 9... you were saying?
BLAHBLAH wrote:
I don't think it is fair to say that you don't think AC would win championships here, he has just as good of chance to win...
I don't think it is fair to say that you don't think AC would win championships here, he has just as good of chance to win as anyone. People didn't think Dungey would win championships but he is about to win both the 2010 SX and MX championship..

Likewise comparing AC winning the majority of the moto's against CP a few years back as a way of comparing which series is better is IMO is stupid. At that point AC was a much better more expierenced rider than CP. If you put AC on a 250f now, I'm not sure he could beat CP or MM.

AC deserves a round of applause for winning the Championship. Maybe us Americans will get lucky and see him compete in the AMA series.

And maybe Euro's will realilize that a lot of the time they are just as biased to their riders as us Americans are to ours.
We're not biased, we just stick up for GP riders when you guys regularly discredit them or shout them down. Smile
wow123
8/24/2010 11:56am
congrats tony,

at the end of the day he's 'world champ',

which is bigger than 'us champ'

hummy999
8/24/2010 2:12pm
well done toni
good luck in MX des Nations, if you go?

The Shop

chrisbuehler
8/24/2010 2:18pm
Cairoli is a beast and if you don't acknowledge that you're just stupid. Dungey and AC could have made for an epic battle and we should all be pissed we are being cheated of it for another year. With Dungey's learning curve it's probably AC's last chance to beat him. LOL see what i did there, had to throw a jab in.
Cabro
8/24/2010 2:41pm
That photo of Antonio's face is really boring. Whenever we talk about him someone put it out....very childish!
chrisbuehler
8/24/2010 3:31pm
Cabro wrote:
That photo of Antonio's face is really boring. Whenever we talk about him someone put it out....very childish!
Pretty much. Only thing someone can grab onto in a thread about the guy. Yeah he's not Brad Pitt. What he is, is one the the top 2 riders in the WORLD.

Post a reply to: Toni Cairoli - MX1 World Champion 2010

The Latest