Toni Cairoli - MX1 World Champion 2010

Related:
Create New Tag

8/23/2010 2:50 AM

Fourth World title to the Italian who is quickly becoming a legend.

A title to the 35 KTM in it first year

Congratulations to all involved!

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

8/23/2010 4:04 AM

Congrats, now it's time to come to the US and ride with the big boys

|

"I truly think it is time to stop calling JS the fastest man on the planet cause he is not and actually never really was."

8/23/2010 4:31 AM

IS HE COMINGTO sOUTHWICK THIS WEEKEND......................

|

8/23/2010 4:37 AM

Congratulations to AC and the boys and girls at KTM. Job well done.

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?

8/23/2010 4:42 AM

THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|

8/23/2010 5:04 AM

Sandbagger

|

8/23/2010 6:04 AM

Dobermann wrote:

Let's not get carried away. That has yet to be determined.

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?

8/23/2010 6:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2010 6:17 AM

Fourth GP MX1 title. The best outdoor rider in Europe. Congrats AC. See you at the MXDN in the USA...or not. Bit of a disgrace that whole "shirt" situation...no?

|

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

8/23/2010 7:01 AM

Dobermann wrote:

Kinetic1 wrote:

He just won the World GP title..so he is officially the best in the World.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

8/23/2010 7:36 AM

Dobermann wrote:

Kinetic1 wrote:

mccread wrote:

He just won the World GP title..so he is officially the best in the World.

If there was no US nationals your statement would be correct. Tony is fast and an awesome rider (one of the best) but cannot be classified as "the best in the world" just because the series he races in is called the "World Championship". Neglecting the US series just because it doesn't have "world" classification is ridiculous!

|

8/23/2010 8:56 AM

mccread specializes in the ridiculous.

Best in the World Championship series.

|

8/23/2010 8:57 AM

Congrats AC. He's already a legend and is still in his prime. I hope to see more titles for him. Yes maybe time to go to the US at some point and take some titles there as well? Not much more to achive in Europe? Some more titles sure but if he went over the pond then he would actually be an real threat to the "GOAT" title since the Euro GOAT and the Yank GOAT only dominate in their own series?

Again, congrats AC. You are the champ!

|

8/23/2010 9:45 AM

Its funny how many posts on here keep calling him Toni. Its Tony!

|

8/23/2010 10:05 AM

Congratulations to AC

|

8/23/2010 1:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2010 1:23 PM

Best in the world, lol. Let him come to the US for a year and see where he finishes in a championship. He's an amazing rider but would have a tough time with a few US guys. RV showed him that at the MXDN in 07.

|

"I truly think it is time to stop calling JS the fastest man on the planet cause he is not and actually never really was."

8/23/2010 1:27 PM

Weeks381fan wrote:

Best in the world, lol. Let him come to the US for a year and see where he finishes in a championship. He's an amazing rider but would have a tough time with a few US guys. RV showed him that at the MXDN in 07.

LOL

|

8/23/2010 1:35 PM

|

Northwest Iowa's Premier Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki/Ski Doo/Polaris Dealership for 54 years! www.glenssportcenter.com

8/23/2010 1:37 PM

Weeks381fan wrote:

RV showed him that? Sounds like you didn't see the race or know what you are talking about. AC got two DNF. Broke wheel and rotor in collision with other riders. Despite that I don't think he would have won over RV which he showed he could the year before when RV go the overall, but he managed to come from 10th? and passed both RV and Tedesco for the win.

Weeks you keep posting odd things. Seriously you come out as a bit ignorant here. Anyone with vision recognizes a champ on both sides of the pond. DeSalle performance didn't make you humble just a bit did it?

|

8/23/2010 1:54 PM

Davey762 wrote:

If there was no US nationals your statement would be correct. Tony is fast and an awesome rider (one of the best) but cannot be classified as "the best in the world" just because the series he races in is called the "World Championship". Neglecting the US series just because it doesn't have "world" classification is ridiculous!

Forsooth Sir,

|

"Please don't feed the Drama Queens"

8/23/2010 2:21 PM

Weeks381fan wrote:

DrSweden wrote:

RV showed him that? Sounds like you didn't see the race or know what you are talking about. AC got two DNF. Broke wheel and rotor in collision with other riders. Despite that I don't think he would have won over RV which he showed he could the year before when RV go the overall, but he managed to come from 10th? and passed both RV and Tedesco for the win.

Weeks you keep posting odd things. Seriously you come out as a bit ignorant here. Anyone with vision recognizes a champ on both sides of the pond. DeSalle performance didn't make you humble just a bit did it?

Doc, you have been generally neutral here and I know you have a fondness for GP riders, but are you serious? I was at that race in person. I watched the qualifying and the racing both days from start of the first moto to the end of the last.

Ryan Villopoto won by somewhere near one minute was completely untouchable that day by anyone there, including Ricky Carmichael, who said so himself. Cairoli was in a panic and blew himself up that day.

You say DeSalle's performance should have humbled Weeks, and perhaps you are right. I for one was not surprised by DeSalle, given that I saw him in person at Washougal last year. But I would strongly suggest you not engage in revisionist history and diminish Villopoto's accomplishments that day at Budd's Creek by saying that Cairoli DNFd because of crashes.

Give true credit where it is due. He put a whipping on the world that day.

|

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

8/23/2010 2:54 PM

Congrats Antonio Cairoli. He did what he had to do in the Grand Prix's to win the title. Us vs. them? Fuck that, be glad for the good racing on both sides of the pond.

|

8/23/2010 2:59 PM

muGz.147 wrote:

His teeth aren't as bad as some would like you to think. He is just an ugly mufufka.

Congrats Tony!

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

8/23/2010 3:01 PM

But, wait a minute?

I read, somewhere, that the KTM 350 sucks!?

What gives?

Anyways...

Congrat's to Tony and the folks at KTM. They ALL earned it.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/23/2010 3:14 PM

Now he can use his prize money to get his grill hooked up! LOL!

|

8/23/2010 3:21 PM

muGz.147 wrote:

Poop-tooth Cairoli?

|

8/23/2010 3:51 PM

I too was at the MXDN at Budds Creek in 07. RV was untouchable. I said I know he is great. I just think he needs to cross the pond and see how he does against some of the US guys. I don't think he can win championships over here against JS, RD, RV, CR, TC etc. I mean no disrespect to him. Just don't think it would happen. I would LOVE to have him here thrown in the mix.

|

8/23/2010 4:25 PM

Weeks381fan wrote:

I too was at the MXDN at Budds Creek in 07. RV was untouchable. I said I know he is great. I just think he needs to cross the pond and see how he does against some of the US guys. I don't think he can win championships over here against JS, RD, RV, CR, TC etc. I mean no disrespect to him. Just don't think it would happen. I would LOVE to have him here thrown in the mix.

He smoked Pourcel in Europe, i mean in the three years they raced, AC won 46 motos to CP's 9... you were saying?

|

8/23/2010 4:27 PM

Congrats to AC. He is a great champion. He goes for it and pushes hard to the end of the moto. Great effort well rewarded.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore.

8/23/2010 4:41 PM

Weeks381fan wrote:

ST Anmore wrote:

He smoked Pourcel in Europe, i mean in the three years they raced, AC won 46 motos to CP's 9... you were saying?

I don't think it is fair to say that you don't think AC would win championships here, he has just as good of chance to win as anyone. People didn't think Dungey would win championships but he is about to win both the 2010 SX and MX championship..

Likewise comparing AC winning the majority of the moto's against CP a few years back as a way of comparing which series is better is IMO is stupid. At that point AC was a much better more expierenced rider than CP. If you put AC on a 250f now, I'm not sure he could beat CP or MM.

AC deserves a round of applause for winning the Championship. Maybe us Americans will get lucky and see him compete in the AMA series.

And maybe Euro's will realilize that a lot of the time they are just as biased to their riders as us Americans are to ours.

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...

8/23/2010 7:34 PM

pilotdude wrote:

Doc, you have been generally neutral here and I know you have a fondness for GP riders, but are you serious? I was at that race in person. I watched the qualifying and the racing both days from start of the first moto to the end of the last.

Ryan Villopoto won by somewhere near one minute was completely untouchable that day by anyone there, including Ricky Carmichael, who said so himself. Cairoli was in a panic and blew himself up that day.

You say DeSalle's performance should have humbled Weeks, and perhaps you are right. I for one was not surprised by DeSalle, given that I saw him in person at Washougal last year. But I would strongly suggest you not engage in revisionist history and diminish Villopoto's accomplishments that day at Budd's Creek by saying that Cairoli DNFd because of crashes.

Give true credit where it is due. He put a whipping on the world that day.

Ok, I'm sorry, I agree. RV was on fire and I don't think AC had anything for him and his DNF was most likely because of him riding over his head to catch up. Sure AC had some issues with the toll (the Italians put whine and cheese in the bike crates and as a consequence got stopped in the customs) so he got the bike the day before etc. But whatever, excuses bla, bla. I totally agree with both of you, RV was untouchable.

|