Tommy Searle + SX?

burnside
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 11:00pm
Probably biased being from Britain... But how do you guys think Searle will get on in SX?

I'm really curious to see how he does, his name is never even mentioned in the pre-season hype but he'll surely be at least cracking the top10, top 5... I know its his first season in SX, but the new generation of GP riders are no slouches at jumping etc.

Think he had a bit of a bum season in 09 (for his potential), hopefully he can pull it together for 2010... ?
|
1/3/2010 5:46am
I saw him at the KTM test track about a month ago, he looked comfortable and said he was gaining confidence with every day's practice. Steve Cox over at RacerX pretty much said the same thing when he saw him last week, so things are looking good so far.

Personally I think he should be aiming top 5, racing's a different world from practicing but he's a quick learner and really determined, he may just surprise a few people..
mccread
1/3/2010 5:59am
Hopefully top 5, being on the KTM might hold him back, he def didn't have his best year last year so hopefully he will get back to his 2008 level
Ben Hargas
1/4/2010 7:10am
Tommy is riding very good and i'm sure he'll be up their this year!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/4/2010 7:50am
I've seen him three or four times at the KTM track, and he's looked better every time out.

The big challenge will be to see how he does in a raceday program. Learning new tracks, dealing with all the riders around, and the actual racing.

The Shop

Steveo
1/4/2010 8:08am
On the one hand he's had practice riding the outdoor supercross jumpfest that is the GP series but on the other he's on a KTM and its going to be infront of 60,000 people every time.

I think he'll do alright, top 5 should be his target, but I think the same goes for outdoors too - he'll only ever be top 5 in my opinion as much as I hate to admit it!
swaz
1/4/2010 1:57pm
Steveo wrote:
On the one hand he's had practice riding the outdoor supercross jumpfest that is the GP series but on the other he's on a KTM and...
On the one hand he's had practice riding the outdoor supercross jumpfest that is the GP series but on the other he's on a KTM and its going to be infront of 60,000 people every time.

I think he'll do alright, top 5 should be his target, but I think the same goes for outdoors too - he'll only ever be top 5 in my opinion as much as I hate to admit it!
i disagree tommy showed good pace in a quite a few races last year and getting on the podium on more than one occasion. He suffered a mid season dip in form which he didnt really recover from and i think billy mac played his part in that from what we here. Tommy was on the gas at the des nations, over taking musquin and pulling away from him! Its a big year for tommy and a stacked lites class again. lets get behind him and give the brit the support he deserves!
peelout719
1/4/2010 3:42pm
i like searle, even rooted for him in person at the 07 des Nations.

i just hope he takes it as a learning experience. i have him as a contender this year for the nationals though when that comes around.
burnside
1/4/2010 3:46pm
I'm with Swaz, I don't think we've seen the best of Tommy yet. Good to hear his SX coming on... Coming from Europe, KTM's don't have such a bad stigma as they do out there and hes been on that bike for 3 years, prob doesn't know any different! One good thing is hes totally under the radar, so not much pressure from the media etc...
Yaya
Fantasy
2551st
1/4/2010 4:03pm
I see Tommy doing reasonably well. Its his first supercross year, so just take it easy and take from it whats its worth. Then parlay it into outdoors for a much better year.
ktm764
1/4/2010 4:19pm
I hope he does great, and I think he has alot to prove to people that think he can't do it.
sdfog1
1/4/2010 4:33pm
What is everyone's problem with KTM? I'm not saying this directly to anyone, but riding a KTM isn't holding anyone back. It is so weird to me that if someone has a bad season on a KTM it's always "well he was on that p.o.s. KTM". Again, this isn't pointed towards any particular person on here, it just gets annoying. I think the main reason KTM is putting linkage on the new 350 is because everyone thinks it's better even if it isn't. Now people will just gripe about the steel frame or something else that doesn't fit the mold of the current Japanese machines. Alright, rant over.
BOBBY505
1/5/2010 2:07am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2010 2:08am
I guess none of us can know what the KTM is like unless we've ridden one of their factory supercross bikes? Even then, how many people are good enough to tell the difference between that and another manufacturer's factory bike?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/5/2010 2:24am
I think Tommy's style will fit him well in SX.

Post a reply to: Tommy Searle + SX?

The Latest