Tomac - Elite Speed, Pedestrian Mental Game

Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 1:45pm
I think it's pretty clear at this juncture that Eli doesn't have that special something mentally to be a consistent title threat. There's just too much material at this point in time pointing to a deficiency between the ears.

The rides Marv and Baggett are putting in here are as impressive as Eli is underwhelming.

Shocking moto on so many levels. Incredible racing!
|
USMCMXer
6/3/2017 1:46pm
And people actually believe Dungey would've struggled outdoors this summer?! BAHAHAHAHAHA! I am bummed ET struggles this much, but if it makes the series more interesting, im all for it.
6/3/2017 1:51pm
USMCMXer wrote:
And people actually believe Dungey would've struggled outdoors this summer?! BAHAHAHAHAHA! I am bummed ET struggles this much, but if it makes the series more interesting...
And people actually believe Dungey would've struggled outdoors this summer?! BAHAHAHAHAHA! I am bummed ET struggles this much, but if it makes the series more interesting, im all for it.
Totally agree!

There are so many story lines.... incredible. Baggett, Marv, BOGLE???, Tomac... this is fabulous.
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 1:53pm
People don't realize what they were watching with Dungey's career......and I don't think they will for years to come. But ya, Eli has just proved over and over again that he doesn't have that "something" to get and stay motivated the way someone needs to in order to be in that MC, RC, RV, RD class. I'm pretty stunned cause I thought he finally had it dialed. What a Moto for Baggett and Bogle.
6/3/2017 1:54pm
Still too early to write anyone off, including Tomac.. He or any other rider (Like Bagget just did) could catch fire at any moment.

Right now I still think Marv is the favorite, but that could change any moto.

The Shop

sickboy3636
6/3/2017 1:55pm
USMCMXer wrote:
And people actually believe Dungey would've struggled outdoors this summer?! BAHAHAHAHAHA! I am bummed ET struggles this much, but if it makes the series more interesting...
Totally agree!

There are so many story lines.... incredible. Baggett, Marv, BOGLE???, Tomac... this is fabulous.
Right....people were predicting 24-0 and one of the most boring MX seasons in awhile.........meanwhile this may shape up to be one of the most incredible seasons we've seen in many many years.
Gandorlf
6/3/2017 1:56pm
Never understood why people are so keen to write Tomac off. Everytime he has a bit of a bobble it's like all his wins are suddenly forgotten and he doesn't have what it takes.
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 1:57pm
Still too early to write anyone off, including Tomac.. He or any other rider (Like Bagget just did) could catch fire at any moment. Right now...
Still too early to write anyone off, including Tomac.. He or any other rider (Like Bagget just did) could catch fire at any moment.

Right now I still think Marv is the favorite, but that could change any moto.
I think Marv picked up a lot from Dungey.....and he seems to carry the same wisdom and mentality that Dungey did. I'm def rooting for the guy this season.......even if he is French. Wink
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 1:59pm
Gandorlf wrote:
Never understood why people are so keen to write Tomac off. Everytime he has a bit of a bobble it's like all his wins are suddenly...
Never understood why people are so keen to write Tomac off. Everytime he has a bit of a bobble it's like all his wins are suddenly forgotten and he doesn't have what it takes.
Cause he seems to fall apart when the pressure comes down. Until he's in that position and proves he can handle the weight of expectations......people will always be questioning him. And I'm personally a fan of the guy.
RG1
6/3/2017 2:00pm
This is exactly why I never pick him to win titles. These rides from him are far too common. Having said that, even I made him favourite for this title, with the way the field is currently. He surely has to win this title? He will never have a better chance
6/3/2017 2:01pm
Gandorlf wrote:
Never understood why people are so keen to write Tomac off. Everytime he has a bit of a bobble it's like all his wins are suddenly...
We're talking Championships in the Premier Class... not race wins. It just seems that whatever the Dungey's, RV's, RC's of the world posses mentally through the course of a season, Eli just doesn't have. Pretty clear at this stage of his career - can he get it? Maybe, I know I'll be watching.

As a side note, this is the Baggett of 250 outdoors - I think people should be scared. Marv is showing next level composure as well. I hope it goes like this ALL season. Just too good!
Samuel
6/3/2017 2:06pm
You can say Tomac doesn't have what it takes, but you also have to acknowledge that nobody else does either. Nobody that's racing has shown they can win a title. It's not over until it's over. Who's to say Marvin doesn't have a meltdown like he did when he lost the 250 title?
6/3/2017 2:10pm
I'd like to know what kind of pressure you guys think was on him in that moto that wasn't there during the SLC SX?
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 2:15pm
Gandorlf wrote:
We're talking Championships in the Premier Class... not race wins. It just seems that whatever the Dungey's, RV's, RC's of the world posses mentally through the...
We're talking Championships in the Premier Class... not race wins. It just seems that whatever the Dungey's, RV's, RC's of the world posses mentally through the course of a season, Eli just doesn't have. Pretty clear at this stage of his career - can he get it? Maybe, I know I'll be watching.

As a side note, this is the Baggett of 250 outdoors - I think people should be scared. Marv is showing next level composure as well. I hope it goes like this ALL season. Just too good!
Right.......Baggett on a 250 during back to back outdoor seasons put together some of the most incredible late moto rides Ive ever seen. If he can put together that sort of lights out speed......hes got a serious shot at doing some damage to this title hunt.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
6/3/2017 4:29pm
Same song and dance.
6/3/2017 4:30pm
Gandorlf wrote:
We're talking Championships in the Premier Class... not race wins. It just seems that whatever the Dungey's, RV's, RC's of the world posses mentally through the...

Right.......Baggett on a 250 during back to back outdoor seasons put together some of the most incredible late moto rides Ive ever seen. If he can...
Right.......Baggett on a 250 during back to back outdoor seasons put together some of the most incredible late moto rides Ive ever seen. If he can put together that sort of lights out speed......hes got a serious shot at doing some damage to this title hunt.
Well, you called it. He just did it again... unbelievable ride.
Hut
6/3/2017 4:34pm
I think it's pretty clear at this juncture that Eli doesn't have that special something mentally to be a consistent title threat. There's just too much...
I think it's pretty clear at this juncture that Eli doesn't have that special something mentally to be a consistent title threat. There's just too much material at this point in time pointing to a deficiency between the ears.

The rides Marv and Baggett are putting in here are as impressive as Eli is underwhelming.

You have no idea what's going on with him. Could be any number of things keeping him from dominating.
jj welks
6/3/2017 4:38pm
We're calling it at round 3? What a bunch of clowns lol
6/3/2017 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 4:43pm
I think it's pretty clear at this juncture that Eli doesn't have that special something mentally to be a consistent title threat. There's just too much...

Hut wrote:
You have no idea what's going on with him. Could be any number of things keeping him from dominating.
Oh?

Such as..... please list for me, because he has a Factory bike on the team that dominated with RV. He has world beating speed, he has unreal fitness, he has a World Champion father/advisor/trainer... I must be missing something... or not.

He's shown many times he has an inability to perform when the pressure is on, SX, MXDN, now here where he's coming in healthy, locked, and loaded.

Seems pretty easy to me. The difference with elite athletes in ANY discipline is between the ears, not physical.
rutsmash
6/3/2017 5:53pm

I agree with this. Tomac is fragile. When confident, he is the fastest, but when someone challenges him, he has trouble.
agn5009
6/3/2017 6:04pm
Samuel wrote:
You can say Tomac doesn't have what it takes, but you also have to acknowledge that nobody else does either. Nobody that's racing has shown they...
You can say Tomac doesn't have what it takes, but you also have to acknowledge that nobody else does either. Nobody that's racing has shown they can win a title. It's not over until it's over. Who's to say Marvin doesn't have a meltdown like he did when he lost the 250 title?
Baggett has shown he can win an outdoor title twice.
2thefront
6/3/2017 7:19pm
Samuel wrote:
You can say Tomac doesn't have what it takes, but you also have to acknowledge that nobody else does either. Nobody that's racing has shown they...
agn5009 wrote:
Baggett has shown he can win an outdoor title twice.
Really? When? He found magic one year.

It's funny everyone is on the Baggett train now, when his rides so far have been more inconsistent than Tomac. Tomac has really only had one bad moto(first moto today).
cbuehler767
6/3/2017 7:30pm
2thefront wrote:
Really? When? He found magic one year. It's funny everyone is on the Baggett train now, when his rides so far have been more inconsistent than...
Really? When? He found magic one year.

It's funny everyone is on the Baggett train now, when his rides so far have been more inconsistent than Tomac. Tomac has really only had one bad moto(first moto today).
LoL beat me to it. This is the second time I've heard of Bagget being referred to as a multiple outdoor champ, as of late. He won in 2011
JWACK
6/3/2017 7:43pm
I'm sure riding on the track that he ruined both his shoulders didn't play a factor in today's outcome one bit...
RandyS
6/3/2017 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 7:53pm
I think Tomac will have his weekends but I see Brake and Marvin slowly pulling away. I think odds are pretty good that the only big bike #1s are going to be on KTMs next year.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/3/2017 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2017 6:19am
Its not that everyone is on the Baggett train, they just like seeing someone else up in front once and awhile. Plus, its no secret that Baggett has another gear.

I'm not so sure Tomac and Musquin are flakey or whatever, they're just working through the races. Just because they don't blitz the series like JS or RC doesn't mean anything's really wrong with them.
USA
Fantasy
507th
6/3/2017 8:21pm
LoL beat me to it. This is the second time I've heard of Bagget being referred to as a multiple outdoor champ, as of late. He...
LoL beat me to it. This is the second time I've heard of Bagget being referred to as a multiple outdoor champ, as of late. He won in 2011
That's kind of why people think he won two. Dean Wilson won the title in 2011, but Baggett put on some amazing rides. 2012, Baggett won the title, as everyone expected.
cali11
6/3/2017 8:31pm
Tomac needs to work on his starts. That's what's killing him. This is one race. Last week was not his fault in 2nd Moto & first Moto he was pulling Marve in. It's good this has happened now then later. He as plenty of races to get his shit together. I'm still picking him for the title.
cali11
6/3/2017 8:37pm

Hut wrote:
Oh? Such as..... please list for me, because he has a Factory bike on the team that dominated with RV. He has world beating speed, he...
Oh?

Such as..... please list for me, because he has a Factory bike on the team that dominated with RV. He has world beating speed, he has unreal fitness, he has a World Champion father/advisor/trainer... I must be missing something... or not.

He's shown many times he has an inability to perform when the pressure is on, SX, MXDN, now here where he's coming in healthy, locked, and loaded.

Seems pretty easy to me. The difference with elite athletes in ANY discipline is between the ears, not physical.
Calm down chachi! It's the 3rd round & he has only sucked in 1 Moto. You can't blame him for the brake problem. I realize this is only your 3rd year watching this sport, plenty of racing left. Out of 6 motos he has been on the box 4 of them. What's the problem?
bama205
6/3/2017 9:00pm

Hut wrote:
Oh? Such as..... please list for me, because he has a Factory bike on the team that dominated with RV. He has world beating speed, he...
Oh?

Maybe he lost a toe in a freak tractor accident.

Post a reply to: Tomac - Elite Speed, Pedestrian Mental Game

The Latest