CivBars
2/24/2020 12:14pm
Thanks Mav. Looks like Tomac taking the line next to Roczen to me... Whistling

The Shop

TXDirt
2/24/2020 12:28pm
CivBars wrote:
Interesting observation. So Ken decided just not to do the triple then huh. Whistling

Someone tell Kenny to get his eyes checked then because CivBars says Tomac was just taking the line next to Kenny.

Can't make this stuff up.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
2/24/2020 12:30pm
CivBars wrote:
You tomac fans are delusional.
APLMAN99
2/24/2020 12:30pm
The obvious answer is to eliminate riders being on the track together and instead just run timed laps to determine the winner, like World Cup Skiing.

That way no one can ever impede the progress of another rider, make them slow down, or lose their rhythm.

Problem solved.
2/24/2020 12:33pm
Turn off the news and social media, this is what breeds the need to find problems in everything.

People look to be offended and want to be offended so they can complain.
Silas444
2/24/2020 1:54pm
Silas444 wrote:
Somewhere along the line, not sure when or where, Eli Tomac was lofted up to some sort of weird, almost God-like status by a seeming majority...
Somewhere along the line, not sure when or where, Eli Tomac was lofted up to some sort of weird, almost God-like status by a seeming majority of supercross fans. In their eyes, he is virtually infallible, and no visual evidence to the contrary can sway them from believing their hearts, rather than their eyes. If Eli wins, then all is well - period. In this particular instance, as they see it, he didn't cross jump, he merely vanquished some decrepit sinners while being up in the heavenly air that perpetually surrounds him, and they're feeling blessed to have witnessed exactly that. And now, they must go, for they must continue working on the ceiling mural of Eli they're creating in the Eli chapel. Work there is not yet completed, and they're feeling stressed, for he could be there to visit them at any minute.
gregyou wrote:
I think you’re maybe taking this racing thing that does not involve you a bit too serious. Imagine being affected by a race you’re not involved...
I think you’re maybe taking this racing thing that does not involve you a bit too serious.

Imagine being affected by a race you’re not involved in, that you it leads you to type that rubbish.
Just curious: does the altar you made of him feature 3-D models, or just 2-D posters and cards and such? Let me be clear here: I had no real beef with Tomac before this last race, In fact, I met him in Telluride a couple years back and found him to be an altogether affable fella. Let me add further clarity by stating that I've been hit midair by an overzealous cross-jumping whipper before, and though I lived to tell the tale, the incident still makes me shudder. The danger factor was off-the-charts. And yes, you're right, I was not involved in that race and it didn't affect me, other than to remind me of that day and make me very glad I don't have to race someone - anyone - who did what Tomac clearly did. Thank god Roczen had the good sense to shut off and not fight stupid with stupid, is my take on it. One thing I know: all the tough-talking gladiators chiming in on this thread and saying they've done worse in 7-11 parking lots are either lying, or they're covered head-to-toe in surgical scars and are permanently concussed.
CivBars
2/24/2020 1:56pm
CivBars wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Interesting observation. So Ken decided just not to do the triple then huh. :whistle: Someone tell Kenny to get his eyes checked then because CivBars says...
Interesting observation. So Ken decided just not to do the triple then huh. Whistling

Someone tell Kenny to get his eyes checked then because CivBars says Tomac was just taking the line next to Kenny.

Maybe it was too close for comfort for Ken and he's an intelligent seasoned veteran who knows it's not worth risking it? I missed the part where Ken said Tomac took his line. Link? Watch the video in slow mo. The pass is at 3:00.

BroFoSho
2/24/2020 2:08pm
CivBars wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Interesting observation. So Ken decided just not to do the triple then huh. :whistle: Someone tell Kenny to get his eyes checked then because CivBars says...

CivBars wrote:
Maybe it was too close for comfort for Ken and he's an intelligent seasoned veteran who knows it's not worth risking it? I missed the part...
Maybe it was too close for comfort for Ken and he's an intelligent seasoned veteran who knows it's not worth risking it? I missed the part where Ken said Tomac took his line. Link? Watch the video in slow mo. The pass is at 3:00.

Can you post the screenshot with your lines at 3:00 and 3:02 please?
SwingHard
2/24/2020 2:31pm
This whole incident reminds of the time that Deer crossed jumped Greg Albertyn!Cool
Except in this race nobody crashed or even came close, unless you start using hypotheticals. Onto the next round just like Tomac & Roczen!
CivBars
2/24/2020 2:43pm
TXDirt wrote:

CivBars wrote:
Maybe it was too close for comfort for Ken and he's an intelligent seasoned veteran who knows it's not worth risking it? I missed the part...

BroFoSho wrote:
Can you post the screenshot with your lines at 3:00 and 3:02 please?
It's not really feasible?

2/24/2020 2:57pm
I'm not a Tomac fan but I see nothing wrong with that pass. The lead bike can go where it wants.
2/24/2020 3:31pm
I would be totally OK with Roczen or Anderson punting him over a berm next week. Both moves for douche bag moves, and he knows better. He would have been whining if someone pulled that crap on him.
Lineman25
2/24/2020 3:44pm
I would be totally OK with Roczen or Anderson punting him over a berm next week. Both moves for douche bag moves, and he knows better...
I would be totally OK with Roczen or Anderson punting him over a berm next week. Both moves for douche bag moves, and he knows better. He would have been whining if someone pulled that crap on him.
They didn’t seem upset at all so I doubt that will happen.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
2/24/2020 3:49pm
I'm not a Tomac fan but I see nothing wrong with that pass. The lead bike can go where it wants.
Only with written permission according to some.
Crush
2/24/2020 4:14pm
If you watched the GoPro and still have a problem with it because you think Eli did something malicious, you're crazy.

Look how early he made the pass in the corner, he got in, cut down, blasted out. From his view point he probably thinks he is 5 metres clear of Kenny near the triple.

Not saying i'd have loved watching the rear drift in to my line, but it wasn't as close as some are making it out and it wasn't like Barcia and Kenny in 2014....
cable
2/24/2020 5:27pm
I jus watched the race again and noticed joey crown also used that line/lean if front of Martin6.
Ray_MXS
2/25/2020 10:36am
At first I thought this was nothing to note. Sure he moves over a bit on the triple.

But after watching Kenny's GoPro footage I must say that was some very dangerous riding for no reason. He moves over so quickly and without much logic.

If Kenny didn't check up and Eli would have taken his front wheel out on the takeoff of that triple, man what a story that would have been.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/25/2020 10:42am
CivBars wrote:
TXDirt wrote:

CivBars wrote:

1) Just because there are 2 ruts does not mean you can fit 2 bikes side by side
2) If Tomac swerved all the way over to the left/red rut then he would have shot into the stands (or that Kawi banner).
motokawi818
2/25/2020 10:44am
OT wrote:
Yup. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/24/406466/s1200_5817A7D9_8C2F_4DE1_8B9E_80FD958BE494.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/24/406467/s1200_E3B7C044_4C01_4636_86D1_8991771E8D3C.jpg[/img]
Yup.

One huge difference is this is on a small single into a corner. Not on the face of a triple. That’s the main argument. It’s not cool to cut that hard over on a big jump.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
2/25/2020 10:56am
I am a Tomac fan and didn't really care for how it looked from Roczen's gopro...

Fortunately, it's a non issue... No issue with Roczen and certainly not the AMA.

Line 'em up and lets race.
psg119
2/25/2020 11:00am
Crush wrote:
If you watched the GoPro and still have a problem with it because you think Eli did something malicious, you're crazy. Look how early he made...
If you watched the GoPro and still have a problem with it because you think Eli did something malicious, you're crazy.

Look how early he made the pass in the corner, he got in, cut down, blasted out. From his view point he probably thinks he is 5 metres clear of Kenny near the triple.

Not saying i'd have loved watching the rear drift in to my line, but it wasn't as close as some are making it out and it wasn't like Barcia and Kenny in 2014....
This. He had no way of knowing Kenny would catch back up to him that much over the dragons back and he obviously assumed he didn't. He made the pass and got back in his race line. For people to be thinking this is intentional is just crazy. He didn't look back to check if Kenny was there. He's not supposed to. Race forward. And Kenny must have assumed the same or he'd be pissed about it. Both are level headed guys that try to race as clean as possible. Let's move on.
Hallzilla
2/25/2020 11:10am
It won't be "ok" when someone gets landed on. It will be awful.
Silas444
2/25/2020 11:26am
psg119 wrote:
This. He had no way of knowing Kenny would catch back up to him that much over the dragons back and he obviously assumed he didn't...
This. He had no way of knowing Kenny would catch back up to him that much over the dragons back and he obviously assumed he didn't. He made the pass and got back in his race line. For people to be thinking this is intentional is just crazy. He didn't look back to check if Kenny was there. He's not supposed to. Race forward. And Kenny must have assumed the same or he'd be pissed about it. Both are level headed guys that try to race as clean as possible. Let's move on.
"Let's move on." Why? What damage do you believe could come (and to whom would this damage likely be done) by doing a careful bit of forensics on what many of us here see as a decidedly dangerous and unsportsmanlike move by Eli Tomac? I could refer you to my earlier comments, but instead I'll just summarize what I stated, which is that Tomac has become a religious figure here at Vital. He's now the Holy Priest of all things moto, and as such his racecraft is infallible and above criticism.

Move on? Naw, I say we continue the discussion, even at the risk of our heresy resulting in having lightning bolts visited down upon us wretched unbelievers.
2/25/2020 11:35am
Silas444 wrote:
"Let's move on." Why? What damage do you believe could come (and to whom would this damage likely be done) by doing a careful bit of...
"Let's move on." Why? What damage do you believe could come (and to whom would this damage likely be done) by doing a careful bit of forensics on what many of us here see as a decidedly dangerous and unsportsmanlike move by Eli Tomac? I could refer you to my earlier comments, but instead I'll just summarize what I stated, which is that Tomac has become a religious figure here at Vital. He's now the Holy Priest of all things moto, and as such his racecraft is infallible and above criticism.

Move on? Naw, I say we continue the discussion, even at the risk of our heresy resulting in having lightning bolts visited down upon us wretched unbelievers.
You clearly don’t visit Vital very often. Nearly any positive post about Tomac will be met with down votes, comments about choking or his lack of patriotism for his MXdN decisions. This idea that he is some saint on this site is completely in your head. I mean many people in this very thread are criticizing the guy, are you just ignoring those posts?

Post a reply to: Tomac's triple jump passes

The Latest