Tomac's triple jump passes

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2020 10:54 AM

disbanded wrote:

You've got to be fucking kidding me with these threads.

Disbanded, this is exactly what I thought, Eli is one of the cleanest rider

|

Brapasaurus Rex

2/23/2020 10:59 AM

bvm111 wrote:

Watch the press conference... Kenny specifically stated that he shook his hand after the race to congratulate him and that they always race clean with each other, so not sure what all the griping is here.

Griping from fanboys? Couch throttle jockeys.

Here's a few questions:

Did Eli exit the corner (after late races passes) using a line he almost never uses because it's a slowr line, But was there as a result of the inside/block pass?

Did Eli move back to over to the fastest line after making the pass?

Did Eli moving back into the fastest line put anybody in danger (not hypothetical danger)

Did KROC and El Hombre acknowledge ET3 was the fastest guy on the track last night

[[/THREAD]

|

Brapasaurus Rex

2/23/2020 11:05 AM

I don’t think motorcross drivers should pass without turn signals. It’s scary

|

2/23/2020 11:33 AM

This is NOT CROSS JUMPING. The reason cross jumping is so dangerous is your brakes do not work in the air. Tomac was ahead, he took the line, Ken/Jason have brakes. They were on the ground. Also, when you scrub right, you angle left off the jump face, so that was part of Elis scrub line. End of story. If this was any sort of issue, then how come neither Ken or Jason had any issue at all with it?

|

2/23/2020 12:57 PM

The moves were sick AF, and this place is no fan of Eli-so if it were a problem vitards would have called it. #ELI2020 make supercross great again

|

2/23/2020 1:09 PM

Seemed like both Kenny and El Hombre knew where he was going and adjusted accordingly. The one with 94 looked way more aggro because KR backed out of the triple, whereas JA did not. If the riders are not complaining about it then I think we Vitards need to move along. I'm sure there's something new on Pornhub.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/23/2020 1:16 PM

bvm111 wrote:

Watch the press conference... Kenny specifically stated that he shook his hand after the race to congratulate him and that they always race clean with each other, so not sure what all the griping is here.

See thumbnail


|

2/23/2020 1:16 PM

I'm starting to think that Guys that have actually lined up and raced for any length of time are actually in very short supply around here......Kenny being a racer knew that Eli was going to head to the race line and not shut off so he could set up for the next turn, just like everyone was doing.... and since Eli was in the lead at that time the best thing for Kenny to do was regroup and not push it off that triple, where they probably both would have ate shit horribly.... Racing 101....... that was not a cross jump....next best thing though....laughing

|

2/23/2020 1:33 PM

I can't stand Tomac, thus it was dirty.
If Kenny had done it, I'd call it smart.

My bias is admitted.

|

2/23/2020 1:52 PM

Barcia woulda had a melt down if it happened to him

|

2/23/2020 3:05 PM

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

|

2/23/2020 3:23 PM

Cross jumping is when you take off from one side of the lane on a jump and land on the other side of the lane in order to block the rider behind you. Eli was racing forward setting up for corners and maximizing his track position.

Some people on Vital nitpick way too much. Sorry, not sorry.

|

2/23/2020 3:24 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

I disagree.

I’m not the one who downvoted you in case you’re wondering.

|

2/23/2020 3:28 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

It's obvious that you've never seriously raced a day in your life.

|

2/23/2020 3:32 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

In the press conference Kenny made a point to say he and Eli always race each other clean. If it was as dangerous as you say surely he would have said something?

|

2/23/2020 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2020 3:52 PM

I saw the way Tomac was cutting across the jump face to take away the line of the other riders going up the jump and really thought that was a totally uncool and dangerous thing to do.

Tomac used to be one of my favorite riders and he will most probably win this championship, but I no longer like the guy as he seems to be in it only for himself and the money, not for the fans and not for his reputation either other than being fast. This became quite clear to me when he decided not to race the MXdN's unlike past champions like Carmichael, Emig, Windham, etc. who would always be there. Now he seems to feel he needs the extra insurance to win the championship by cutting off riders rather than just by decimating them with his speed. I call it a cheap move. SX is dangerous enough.

I also noted that Roczen didn't complain during the interview, but he might have been holding it in. Audiences don't receive griping very well even when there is a valid reason for the gripe. Roczen is very media savvy.

Hope this thread doesn't get littered with too many knuckle dragger " rubbin's racin' " comments smile

|

2/23/2020 3:43 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

Swerving in front of a competitors line in front of a triple is sketchy. If Marvin had done that to Eli we’d have signature “cross jumping Marv” pitchforks out. Yes, Eli was setting up for the next corner but he knew that he was as intentionally cutting Kenny off. Kenny had the racecraft to see it and check up. Had it been a less aware rider besides Kenny it may have been a problem.
While Kenny may not have had a problem with the move publicly, I bet he didn’t think it was OK.

🤦‍♂️

|

2/23/2020 4:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2020 4:05 PM

Tokyo_Tiddler wrote:

I saw the way Tomac was cutting across the jump face to take away the line of the other riders going up the jump and really thought that was a totally uncool and dangerous thing to do.

Tomac used to be one of my favorite riders and he will most probably win this championship, but I no longer like the guy as he seems to be in it only for himself and the money, not for the fans and not for his reputation either other than being fast. This became quite clear to me when he decided not to race the MXdN's unlike past champions like Carmichael, Emig, Windham, etc. who would always be there. Now he seems to feel he needs the extra insurance to win the championship by cutting off riders rather than just by decimating them with his speed. I call it a cheap move. SX is dangerous enough.

I also noted that Roczen didn't complain during the interview, but he might have been holding it in. Audiences don't receive griping very well even when there is a valid reason for the gripe. Roczen is very media savvy.

Hope this thread doesn't get littered with too many knuckle dragger " rubbin's racin' " comments smile

I just finished watching the recording of race 3 and was watching intently - Most of the straight away we are debating about had jumps. ET3 didn't move over on the face of the jump. Kenny's front wheel was close to Eli's rear and for sure Kenny saw him moving back to the main line. Kenny looked back because everybody was tripling that section and he was forced to double.

If you want Kroc to win the move could be seen as dirty. if you want Tomac to win then it was fine.

Another perspective to consider is how things shake out on the first few turns and jumps after the start. <-- with this in mind what Eli did wasn't really dangerous. IF Andersen landed on Kroc because of Eli moving into the fast line all the complaining would make way more sense

I am a big fan of both Eli and Kenny and would be saying the same thing if positions were reversed, What's not to love about the way Kenny is racing this year!! Freakin' awesome and showing the heart of a champion

|

Brapasaurus Rex

2/23/2020 5:11 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

NateDawg wrote:

It's obvious that you've never seriously raced a day in your life.

I’ve logged plenty of laps in my day. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Tomac apologizes to Ken privately.

When you are committed to a jump you often have no time to back off. Luckily Ken had just enough time. Had he been fully committed an unable to back it off that could have resulted in a huge crash for both him and Eli.

It was a bush league move by Eli.

|

2/23/2020 7:06 PM

this thread still sucks.

|

2/23/2020 7:12 PM

want to take tomac's line, be faster than him...

|

2/23/2020 7:19 PM

It's general race etiquette to not cross lanes mid section, unless you have plenty of room. You cut over on straights and before or after corners. Mid section or between jumps or mid whoops you don't give the rider you're passing the ability to slow-down safely. If that was a big double Kenny was committed too it would have been a pretty big flatland or case. We might also just have a bad angle which made it look way worse and Eli had plenty of space.

|

2/23/2020 7:20 PM

One more data point. Just listened to JT$'s "Industry Seating" podcast. JT is usually pretty critical of dangerous riding when talking about a rider or race, and he said ZERO about it.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/23/2020 7:22 PM

dboivin wrote:

want to take tomac's line, be faster than him...

Terrible argument. At least 4 riders have been faster than him this year. More if you count fast laps.

|

2/23/2020 7:30 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

Yeah, going for a 450 main event win and running the red plate...totally bush league.

|

2/23/2020 7:37 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

kage173 wrote:

Yeah, going for a 450 main event win and running the red plate...totally bush league.

so the color of the background on his number plate should somehow determine if it was or wasn’t a bush league move?

Ok guy.

|

2/23/2020 7:46 PM

Ken’s GoPro footage should be interesting.

|

2/23/2020 7:46 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Luckily KR had enough room to shut it down before take off. It’s obvious most of you don’t know how dangerous that move was by Eli. That’s not racing that just bush league by Eli.

kage173 wrote:

Yeah, going for a 450 main event win and running the red plate...totally bush league.

TXDirt wrote:

so the color of the background on his number plate should somehow determine if it was or wasn’t a bush league move?

Ok guy.

He took the line was up front and faster. What do you want him to install mirrors on his bike?

You and I can log all the laps we want but we will never be a top pro in the most competitive era.

|

2/23/2020 7:50 PM

I'm not gonna make up my mind until I hear what Stew has to say about it.

|

2/23/2020 7:50 PM

Tokyo_Tiddler wrote:

I saw the way Tomac was cutting across the jump face to take away the line of the other riders going up the jump and really thought that was a totally uncool and dangerous thing to do.

Tomac used to be one of my favorite riders and he will most probably win this championship, but I no longer like the guy as he seems to be in it only for himself and the money, not for the fans and not for his reputation either other than being fast. This became quite clear to me when he decided not to race the MXdN's unlike past champions like Carmichael, Emig, Windham, etc. who would always be there. Now he seems to feel he needs the extra insurance to win the championship by cutting off riders rather than just by decimating them with his speed. I call it a cheap move. SX is dangerous enough.

I also noted that Roczen didn't complain during the interview, but he might have been holding it in. Audiences don't receive griping very well even when there is a valid reason for the gripe. Roczen is very media savvy.

Hope this thread doesn't get littered with too many knuckle dragger " rubbin's racin' " comments smile

Ozy wrote:

I just finished watching the recording of race 3 and was watching intently - Most of the straight away we are debating about had jumps. ET3 didn't move over on the face of the jump. Kenny's front wheel was close to Eli's rear and for sure Kenny saw him moving back to the main line. Kenny looked back because everybody was tripling that section and he was forced to double.

If you want Kroc to win the move could be seen as dirty. if you want Tomac to win then it was fine.

Another perspective to consider is how things shake out on the first few turns and jumps after the start. <-- with this in mind what Eli did wasn't really dangerous. IF Andersen landed on Kroc because of Eli moving into the fast line all the complaining would make way more sense

I am a big fan of both Eli and Kenny and would be saying the same thing if positions were reversed, What's not to love about the way Kenny is racing this year!! Freakin' awesome and showing the heart of a champion

You say "ET3 didn't move over on the face of the jump."

Looks like it to me.

Photo
Photo

|