Tomacs trainer....

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2017 8:29 AM

...should he get a new one? He's been broken from the front by Marvin in the last 4 motos - looked like a lack of pure conditioning the last couple motos - just like in SX.

Don't give me this "managing a championship" NO ONE gives up that much time "managing a championship". Has he no pride?

Discuss

|

7/30/2017 8:30 AM

|

7/30/2017 8:31 AM

I guess if you lose about 3 titles because of not "managing a championship" you learn how to manage your pride

|

7/30/2017 8:32 AM

Photo

|

7/30/2017 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2017 8:35 AM

Photo

3 races left in the season. Tomac is managing just fine.
|

7/30/2017 8:36 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

I guess if you lose about 3 titles because of not "managing a championship" you learn how to manage your pride

Good answer

|

7/30/2017 8:37 AM

Impressive Wiki. I'm confused, are you saying Eli should take up Mtn biking?

|

7/30/2017 8:40 AM

Swann wrote: Photo

Yes , but if he doesn't win a couple more races and close this thing out. It might not have an asterisk, but it will sure be a hollow Championship (except maybe at the bank)

|

7/30/2017 8:44 AM

Wrong

|

7/30/2017 8:45 AM

Photo

|

7/30/2017 8:48 AM

ML512 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tomac

PFitzG38 wrote:

Showing his trainers accomplishments. Clear that up for you? What was Aldons previous career?

|

7/30/2017 8:50 AM

PFitzG38 wrote:

Yes , but if he doesn't win a couple more races and close this thing out. It might not have an asterisk, but it will sure be a hollow Championship (except maybe at the bank)

Photo

|

7/30/2017 8:55 AM

My guess is he lost $300,000 for not having those 2 wins, a really good trainer? $200,000 a year?

I say he should do whatever he wants to do. But it did seem he was just managing things. What were the race lap comparisons?

|

7/30/2017 8:58 AM

You're an idiot

|

7/30/2017 9:00 AM

This title is already wrapped up. How many times did Dungey get smoked on his way to win a title? Lost to Kenny twice and Tomac 9 times?

|

7/30/2017 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2017 9:23 AM

ML512 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tomac

PFitzG38 wrote:

PabstBR11 wrote:

Showing his trainers accomplishments. Clear that up for you? What was Aldons previous career?

No, that doesn't clear up anything, the question was weather he should take up mtn biking, his trainers accomplishments don't clear that up

Well aware of JTs accomplishments, I was just questioning the results Current results - and if they were what Eli was expecting.and provoking a convo if Eli should get another trainer. Lots of racers do it some even move to a different state. FYI Aldons previous career was a Bicycle Racer, it's fairly well known and easily referenced.

|

7/30/2017 9:25 AM

Nobody wants to have this dumb 'convo' with you...

|

7/30/2017 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2017 9:33 AM

es337 wrote: Photo

Yup. This thread almost wrote itself this AM. For the record I hold both Eli and his father in the highest regard as both athletes and people. I respect every racer who lines up. The fact John has raced motocross at the expert level after his cycling accomplishments is all I need to know he knows exactly what Eli needs to do. I remember hear Eli's name over the loudspeaker at Mammoth MX for 65cc race for the first time and learning the Tomac family was into moto, I turned to the guy next to me and said that Eli kid will be a champion if he wants and doesn't get burned out or injured. I called that same guy on my way home from Hangtown after Eli's debut pro ride to remind him of my prediction years earlier It must be frustrating as shit for both Eli and his dad to not have the answer. Get the gaff

FISH ON!!!!

|

7/30/2017 10:00 AM

Classic, thanks for making me feel better about my self today OP

|

7/30/2017 10:53 AM

The real question, do we blame his trainer for Eli not attending the MXdN, or should we blame it indirectly on Aldon?

|

7/30/2017 10:58 AM

PFitzG38 wrote:

...should he get a new one? He's been broken from the front by Marvin in the last 4 motos - looked like a lack of pure conditioning the last couple motos - just like in SX.

Don't give me this "managing a championship" NO ONE gives up that much time "managing a championship". Has he no pride?

Discuss

You should train him, since Eli and his dad don't know what their doing.

|

7/30/2017 11:24 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

My guess is he lost $300,000 for not having those 2 wins, a really good trainer? $200,000 a year?

I say he should do whatever he wants to do. But it did seem he was just managing things. What were the race lap comparisons?

Tomac had the fastest lap in both motos.. take that for what you will

|

7/30/2017 11:24 AM

He's got 60 points on Marvin. When he tried to pass him the first moto Marvin almost took him out and was all over the track. Why would he risk a big crash or DNF battling? If he had to beat him he would have easily. You're not too bright.

|

7/30/2017 11:44 AM

PFitzG38 wrote:

My guess is you will probably be the only one considering Eli's championship a hollow one. I will take his hollow championship over all of your championships.

|

7/30/2017 11:47 AM

gnarwhip wrote:

He's got 60 points on Marvin. When he tried to pass him the first moto Marvin almost took him out and was all over the track. Why would he risk a big crash or DNF battling? If he had to beat him he would have easily. You're not too bright.

?t=10m20s

|

7/30/2017 12:29 PM

If he doesn't get back to winning more motos, then he's in risk of having one of those championships with an asterisk on them

|

7/30/2017 1:04 PM

You guys are ridiculous. Tomac is the fastest man in the sport right now. It's just not worth throwing away another championship when he doesn't need to battle with Marvin.

|

7/30/2017 1:10 PM

PFitzG38 wrote:

There is NEVER an asterisk at the end of ANY championship. The rider with the most points wins period!

|

7/30/2017 1:20 PM

Imo it looks like Tomac has learned how to finish off a championship. Good for him, stay healthy, cash the check, is way smarter than going for a 30 second lead every Moto and possibly throwing it away.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/30/2017 1:22 PM

Marvin hasn't found another gear since the start of the nationals that would put him 15 or so seconds ahead of a fully race mode Tomac We seen him and Tomac battle at the beginning of the series when the points were still wide open, noone was managing anything, and both riders were riding at 100% going balls out. Marvin has ridden awesome these past two rounds, but unfortunately this late in the season the points leader goes into management mode if he has a decent points lead. Had Tomac decided to battle with Marvin (who is pretty far back in points) and crashed out then he would be getting an earful from a lot of higher ups that are signing his paychecks. I feel this would be common sense at this point in the game. The guy is getting paid big bucks to try to win a championship. I don't see him racing Marvin too hard the remaining rounds to be honest.

|