Tomac's toughest rounds this year

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2018 7:22 AM

Is it safe to say if Tomac goes 1-1 at High Point his toughest rounds of Lakewood and High Point are behind him?
If so the next 4 rounds being Muddy Creek, Southwick, Red Bud and Millville should be 1-1's barring any meltdowns or mud races. All these tracks really suit Tomac's style of just opening it up in the berms and jumping big braking bumps, etc.
I'd love to see him go perfect but just being realistic I'm thinking come Washougal, hard packed and slick, the streak stops.

When or does Tomac's win streak end:

View Results

|

6/4/2018 7:25 AM

Streak ends at High Point, when Roczen takes the overall

|

6/4/2018 7:28 AM

Damnit, I forgot to include High Point on the poll.

|

6/4/2018 7:31 AM

VitalMX poll streak ends-

This poll?
Next poll?
At any number of irrelavent polls?

|

6/4/2018 7:34 AM

rmoto003 wrote:

VitalMX poll streak ends-

This poll?
Next poll?
At any number of irrelavent polls?

How is it an irrelevant poll on a motocross forum? Hahaha. Dumbass.

|

6/4/2018 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2018 7:54 AM

Tomac hasn't won on a 450 at High Point, Unadilla, Budds Creek and Iron Man. With that said, I say it ends at Millville, just because he hasn't won there since 2014, which his first 450 national win.

He hasn't looked so hot there the past 2 years. If not Millville then I think Washougal (if it goes that long).

A perfect season is hard to accomplish, one small tip over or bad start can ruin it easily. Im hoping he wins High Point because I am going to be there and he hasn't won on a 450 there yet, but as scootch said I wouldn't be surprised if the streak ends at High Point.

|

6/4/2018 7:43 AM

Its hard to say. If he wants to go to the front of the pack he will. Right now hes just toying with everyone. He stays on their ass for 20 mins until they break and then he passes and leaves them by 5+ seconds. I don’t think anyone has his speed for 30+2. Its definitely going to be a while before kennys fitness improves that much.

|

6/4/2018 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2018 8:05 AM

Tomac : I don't see him winning with a 24-0 this year , although it could happen.

Bagget : I think his speed is coming around , and we'll see him find a tad bit more here in the next few rounds.

Musquin : I have no idea what is going on with him , but he sure seem's to be off the pace.

Roczen : I definitely see him taking some moto wins away , and could also see him taking a couple over all's as well. Eli is a lot stronger right now , but Kenny is getting there , and fast. A couple bad start's for Eli and Kenny could say " see ya! " And pretty awesome seeing a guy come back from those injuries the way he has.

Plenty of racing left.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/4/2018 8:56 AM

Either highpoint or washougal.

|

6/4/2018 9:08 AM

kb228 wrote:

Its hard to say. If he wants to go to the front of the pack he will. Right now hes just toying with everyone. He stays on their ass for 20 mins until they break and then he passes and leaves them by 5+ seconds. I don’t think anyone has his speed for 30+2. Its definitely going to be a while before kennys fitness improves that much.

For sure man!!! He’s toying with them for sure, I’m sure Roczen knows how far off he is Tomac (fitness wise) his speed will come, that’s not in question. Barcia said post race he thought he could’ve won that first moto...I don’t think so. What do you guys think?

|

KTM Keys to the moto:
Get a good start
Don't blow it

6/4/2018 9:25 AM

Tomac is the fastest rider right now, on any track, in any weather. The things that can break his streak are not predictable... mechanical failures, crashes, pants not staying zipped, etc.

|

6/4/2018 9:40 AM

I think Muddy Creek ends the streak. Here's why:

The tracks are not being ripped as deep. Last year Muddy Creek was not very deep and it's already a bit narrow. It was REALLY hard to pass last year on that track and I anticipate the same this year. One start outside the top 10 and I think the best he gets to is 3rd.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/4/2018 10:05 AM

Roczen's gonna get some. Tomac's starts will hurt him when Roczen is at 100% and top 5 in the first turn.

|

6/4/2018 10:22 AM

I was there in person and the noticeable difference between Tomac and roczen was Fitness later in the motos. You could tell roczen was just a bit less energetic and he came by after the 20 minute mark whereas Tomac was just as physically aggressive as he was in the first few laps. Kenny has the speed to run with Eli by the looks of it. I think Eli’s late passes aren’t so much the 3D chess match everyone wants to think they are. He’s not toying with them, he’s just going fast for longer that’s the other guy can.

|

6/4/2018 9:49 PM

Eli is better than most remember at Shoug. Beat Ken and Dunge in 14 and beat Kenny in 16

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/4/2018 11:18 PM

high point, muddy creek and budds are more 'Euro' style, they require more finesse and technique. Tomac is a strong bull dog rider who needs open room to run or a brutally rough track to hammer.

i look for him to struggle to beat Krex or Moose at these tracks especially with his poor starts.

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti