Tomac’s pass on Marv

bigjam
That was some sweet stuff, surprised nobody commented
|
NateDawg
8/18/2018 10:57pm
Honestly surprised there wasn't a thread on that 2nd moto charge in general. I mean Marv ended up 40 seconds behind Eli!

The last lap Tomac turned a 2:10 while Marvin ran a 2:22... 12 seconds in one lap!
bigjam
8/18/2018 11:14pm
Was a thing of beauty, especially how he fell off the pace earlier, I mean one of the best performances I’ve seen.
ledger
8/18/2018 11:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 11:39pm
Great ride by Eli in second moto, I think he surprised Langston and Weige from their remarks, also, don't think Marv was feeling it today, he was yawning at the start gate.
Rotaholic
8/18/2018 11:52pm
I honestly though Tomac was choking that round but he just went full beast mode. MM25 choked big time, that was his day to claim a title chnace and he was going nowhere fast

The Shop

NateDawg
8/18/2018 11:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 11:56pm
Rotaholic wrote:
I honestly though Tomac was choking that round but he just went full beast mode. MM25 choked big time, that was his day to claim a...
I honestly though Tomac was choking that round but he just went full beast mode. MM25 choked big time, that was his day to claim a title chnace and he was going nowhere fast
The last 3-4 laps he completely tossed the anchor. He tried to hang with Eli for a while but I honestly think Tomac has Marv mentally whipped at this point. You can only get passed/gapped like that so many times before you give up.
8/19/2018 12:22am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 12:58am
NateDawg wrote:
The last 3-4 laps he completely tossed the anchor. He tried to hang with Eli for a while but I honestly think Tomac has Marv mentally...
The last 3-4 laps he completely tossed the anchor. He tried to hang with Eli for a while but I honestly think Tomac has Marv mentally whipped at this point. You can only get passed/gapped like that so many times before you give up.
and youre surprised Tomac was 12 sec a lap faster at that moment ?? ohhhhhhh

to be honest , i think Tomac won today with being the smarter one ... top 3 wasted way too much energy first 10/15 minutes and they paid for it last 10 minutes ... it wasnt Tomac who upped his speed like he usually does , but he managed it through the whole moto , while the top 3 ( Barcia.Musquin and Roczen ) dropped anchor and so Tomac made it a smart and easy win.
but he didnt look ON today and laptimes showed he had only 4th fastest laptime ... but it was enough for the win and he showed once again his fitness is on par
biscuit11
8/19/2018 12:50am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 12:52am
Maybe the moto 1 pace combined with the early moto 2 pace wore kenny and marv down. Seems Eli has a very tactical cycling aproach when it comes to pacing for some of the race to conserve for later. Just an observation...
Juss72
8/19/2018 1:46am
BB4 didn't look to bad either
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/19/2018 3:55am
Musquin gave up at one point in both motos. In moto 1 it was like 3 laps to go, then Kenny started dropping him and Marvin circulated like 3 sec slower a lap suddenly.
The same happened after tomac passed him in moto 2.

He lost the title today.
Sideways
8/19/2018 4:01am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 4:09am
marv mentioned he was lucky to even be riding this weekend. He said he had a big crash earlier in the week. He was asked about it but didnt seems to wanna talk about it.
8/19/2018 4:30am
NateDawg wrote:
The last 3-4 laps he completely tossed the anchor. He tried to hang with Eli for a while but I honestly think Tomac has Marv mentally...
and youre surprised Tomac was 12 sec a lap faster at that moment ?? ohhhhhhh to be honest , i think Tomac won today with being...

to be honest , i think Tomac won today with being the smarter one ... top 3 wasted way too much energy first 10/15 minutes and they paid for it last 10 minutes ... it wasnt Tomac who upped his speed like he usually does , but he managed it through the whole moto , while the top 3 ( Barcia.Musquin and Roczen ) dropped anchor and so Tomac made it a smart and easy win.
but he didnt look ON today and laptimes showed he had only 4th fastest laptime ... but it was enough for the win and he showed once again his fitness is on par
No incorrect.
Tomac used a stack of energy having to recover from poor starts..
It sure wasn’t his plan.
Roczen unwell but even still has had tendency to drop off pace in last 2-3 laps.
Musquin had “Big One” so was feeling effects from that.
He had the 4th fastest lap time but what is impressive is when he was running those lap times
8/19/2018 4:42am
NateDawg wrote:
and youre surprised Tomac was 12 sec a lap faster at that moment ?? ohhhhhhh to be honest , i think Tomac won today with being...

No incorrect. Tomac used a stack of energy having to recover from poor starts.. It sure wasn’t his plan. Roczen unwell but even still has had...
No incorrect.
It sure wasn’t his plan.
Roczen unwell but even still has had tendency to drop off pace in last 2-3 laps.
He had the 4th fastest lap time but what is impressive is when he was running those lap times
Ignore him, he downplays Tomac’s greatness every chance he gets. If this was Herlings he would say “the heat got to everyone but him, with the track deteriorated he kept the same lap times from start to finish”

8/19/2018 4:58am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 5:10am
NateDawg wrote:

No incorrect. Tomac used a stack of energy having to recover from poor starts.. It sure wasn’t his plan. Roczen unwell but even still has had...
No incorrect.
It sure wasn’t his plan.
oh really , how bad was his start in second moto ??
i was talking only about second moto as he didnt win the first one did he ?

do you even read the postst you comment on dude ?
8/19/2018 5:04am
I was impressed with Roczens pass on Musquin to regain the lead. Just out jumped Marv on the downhill into the corner. Awesome racing
8/19/2018 5:08am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 5:36am
Ignore him, he downplays Tomac’s greatness every chance he gets. If this was Herlings he would say “the heat got to everyone but him, with the...
Ignore him, he downplays Tomac’s greatness every chance he gets. If this was Herlings he would say “the heat got to everyone but him, with the track deteriorated he kept the same lap times from start to finish”

im not that of a sad person as you are dude , using results from riders who are injured to make others look good Sick

When Tomac is on , he is just seconds a lap faster ...you are the one bragging about it all the time
This time he had same speed , wasnt seconds faster but managed his fitness just a lot better .
Thats why he had only 4th fastest lap , its smart racing when you feel youre not ON ..

its not to downplay Tomac .. its being smart and shows he wins without being ON

sorry those things hurt your feelings dude ..

NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
8/19/2018 5:08am
One could make a pretty long compilation of all the insane passes Tomac has made this year.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/19/2018 6:25am
Sideways wrote:
marv mentioned he was lucky to even be riding this weekend. He said he had a big crash earlier in the week. He was asked about...
marv mentioned he was lucky to even be riding this weekend. He said he had a big crash earlier in the week. He was asked about it but didnt seems to wanna talk about it.
Yep.
NateDawg
8/19/2018 7:03am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 7:06am

Yes...I am... Please name me all the other times Tomac has been 12 seconds faster than Marv on the final lap.

You're the biggest POS on this forum dude, I swear. You try to constantly undermine riders you don't like and then you troll the fuck out of anyone who disagrees with your opinion.
8/19/2018 7:05am
ledger wrote:
Great ride by Eli in second moto, I think he surprised Langston and Weige from their remarks, also, don't think Marv was feeling it today, he...
Great ride by Eli in second moto, I think he surprised Langston and Weige from their remarks, also, don't think Marv was feeling it today, he was yawning at the start gate.
Yawning is nerves. Pretty common.
resetjet
8/19/2018 7:07am

For sure. Its easy to do when you know you have kamikazee tomac mode in case you have to use it.
8/19/2018 7:07am
im not that of a sad person as you are dude , using results from riders who are injured to make others look good :sick: When...
im not that of a sad person as you are dude , using results from riders who are injured to make others look good Sick

When Tomac is on , he is just seconds a lap faster ...you are the one bragging about it all the time
This time he had same speed , wasnt seconds faster but managed his fitness just a lot better .
Thats why he had only 4th fastest lap , its smart racing when you feel youre not ON ..

its not to downplay Tomac .. its being smart and shows he wins without being ON

sorry those things hurt your feelings dude ..

Give it up already.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/19/2018 7:08am
Patient Tomac who stays off the ground and passes EVERYONE is fun to watch.
kkawboy14
8/19/2018 7:18am
ledger wrote:
Great ride by Eli in second moto, I think he surprised Langston and Weige from their remarks, also, don't think Marv was feeling it today, he...
Yawning is nerves. Pretty common.
Nerves and PED’s make you yawn.....
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
8/19/2018 7:26am
It was like a shark jump on a sea lion. He did the same kind of pass at the same place on Bogle and Bagget last year.
Indy mxer
8/19/2018 7:34am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 7:35am
MM was totally demoralized yesterday on the podium. Same as he was at Washougal when he said he thought that track would suit his style, but got his ass kicked..

Tomac has him covered and he knows it.
I've never seen a rider drop seconds off their lap times near the end of motos like ET does.

That said, his starts are crap.
ledger
8/19/2018 8:10am
Aldon Baker is moving camp somewhere 6500 ft above Sea level. Tomac is not normal, but I like the hell out of him.
H4L
8/19/2018 8:32am
I like the new ET1. He seems to have matured a lot as a rider & is hitting his stride. The dude can turn on the beast mode when needed.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/19/2018 8:43am
Hot and humid day and Eli acted like it was a walk in the park. His fitness level is clearly above anyone else, not to mention his unbelievable speed once he finds his groove.
Moto96
8/19/2018 9:34am
The race thread discussions don't even crack 10 pages anymore.

Post a reply to: Tomac’s pass on Marv

The Latest