Tomac’s main problem is completely out of his control

zehn
1/17/2018 10:42am
Anyone that knows anything about mx/sx doesn't EXPECT him to follow in their footsteps. He is capable but mx/sx is to unpredictable to have those kind...
Anyone that knows anything about mx/sx doesn't EXPECT him to follow in their footsteps. He is capable but mx/sx is to unpredictable to have those kind of expectations
You should spend more time here...
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
1/17/2018 10:56am
Solli2208 wrote:
Your comparison is completly inaccurate. How can you compare Tomac's Speed from last year, to Roczen's Speed when he was off the Bike for 7-8 Months...
Your comparison is completly inaccurate. How can you compare Tomac's Speed from last year, to Roczen's Speed when he was off the Bike for 7-8 Months? Not to mention, that Tomac's Pace at the beginning of 2017 was a mess. If you talk about who is the Best Rider in General, you have to get down from the Tomac/Anderson Bandwagon first.

If we let the Facts/Statistics speak, Roczen is clearly better then Tomac and Anderson if you compare their Results from the last few seasons. Whenever all of these guys where healthy throughout their 450cc Seasons, Roczen finished in front of them all the Time.

http://racerxonline.com/rider/ken-roczen/points
http://racerxonline.com/rider/eli-tomac/points
http://racerxonline.com/rider/jason-anderson/points
I talk about pure speed. Anderson smoked roczen, that is only to be expected.
Fearo
1/18/2018 12:53am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2018 12:54am
Fearo wrote:
You guys replying to my post have proven my point exactly. It's all IFs and BUTs with riders right now. IF Roczen hadn't crashed, IF tomac...
You guys replying to my post have proven my point exactly.

It's all IFs and BUTs with riders right now. IF Roczen hadn't crashed, IF tomac hadn't....
Nobody is saying that the level of talent or skill is lower than it was in years past. However I don't think anyone of them is capable of going on a 5 year tear winning every championship like we have gotten accustomed to seeing.

Also, yes, I can know Cairoli is still racing, thanks for the info.....I do think his era of dominance is over and we have seen his last world title, but even if we haven't, him and Chad Reed are the ONLY riders in MX/SX with more than one premier class title right now.... Let that sink in for a minute. When was the last time this was the case?

I read so many posts about people desperately trying convince others that their favorite rider is THE guy for whatever reason, but the reality is that there is no THE guy right now. To be able to compare someone with the likes of RC, Everts, RV or Cairoli a rider would have to win multiple titles for a certain amount of years. That scenario is years away for any rider on the gate right now. I really don't get how people don't see that.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I agree with you . Roczen does have two AMA 450 mx titles though.... Unless you don't consider that premier Wink
Ha! I knew as I was typing it, that I probably forgot something Wink
themrtoad
1/18/2018 3:09am
This subject makes me think about "brand ambassadors"...

We don't appreciate the current top riders and companies therefore use retired riders to promote their products.
A lot of the guys with money to spend are in the 30-50's, and they are more likely to follow one of the retired riders on social media etc, than finding a new favourite riders. I also think it's harder and harder the older you get to make room for a new favourite in your heart, you just hang on to the old ones even though they are retired.

Upsides with brand ambassadors: Cheaper(?) unlikely to get hurt and therefore fall out of the public eye, more followers on social media etc( they have the old guy's and the young guy's) They also have that legend status...

Downsides: Seems companies are shortsighted and don't believe they can attract a new public and create new stars. They give money to persons who are already financially set, instead of supporting active riders that are up and coming.

I understand all of this is just smart marketing and what they feel give them the best return of investment, at least in the short term. I suspect it also a sign of failing to attract a new younger audience for dirtbikes.

On topic: You are right that apart from KR94 I can't see someone with that extra thing, both on track and off track. We are lucka in MXGP that we have two right now, AC222 and JH84 are both legends in different ways, but also different generations. Those are important as they attract interest both from the old guys and the younger generations.

The Shop

Claerhout
Fantasy
555th
1/18/2018 5:13pm
^^companies run factory race reams to promote their products. That is the point of it all. It's weird how even the ambassadors switch all the time.
1/18/2018 5:29pm
WCRider wrote:
Tomac last year was faster and better than Roczen this year.

Look how Anderson pass Roczen. JA was in "ET beast mod on" saturday.

ET/Anderson>Roczen/Musquin.

Solli2208 wrote:
Your comparison is completly inaccurate. How can you compare Tomac's Speed from last year, to Roczen's Speed when he was off the Bike for 7-8 Months...
Your comparison is completly inaccurate. How can you compare Tomac's Speed from last year, to Roczen's Speed when he was off the Bike for 7-8 Months? Not to mention, that Tomac's Pace at the beginning of 2017 was a mess. If you talk about who is the Best Rider in General, you have to get down from the Tomac/Anderson Bandwagon first.

If we let the Facts/Statistics speak, Roczen is clearly better then Tomac and Anderson if you compare their Results from the last few seasons. Whenever all of these guys where healthy throughout their 450cc Seasons, Roczen finished in front of them all the Time.

http://racerxonline.com/rider/ken-roczen/points
http://racerxonline.com/rider/eli-tomac/points
http://racerxonline.com/rider/jason-anderson/points
Roczen last year was faster than Tomac this year as well....

Post a reply to: Tomac’s main problem is completely out of his control

The Latest