Tomac's Imminent Silencing of Everyone

6/12/2017 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2017 11:53pm
MX Guy wrote:
I'm a BB4 fan, I've been a little tripped out about how long it's taken him to achieve the confidence he had in his 250 days...
I'm a BB4 fan, I've been a little tripped out about how long it's taken him to achieve the confidence he had in his 250 days again. With that said, it was a very impressive ride in Colorado and I'm not taking that away from him. I just think Eli knows how to do it, he knows how to go 1-1 on the day in a dominating fashion and make people remember the fact that he's a bad dude. He's done it more times than BB4 has, at least on a 450. I'm curious to know who has more combined 1-1's in both classes.
I'm dumb and like to look through the vault so figured I'd get to bottom of this for you haha.

In 250's they are actually tied with 6 races each where they went 1-1
In 450's obviously Tomac takes the cake with 4 to Baggetts none.

Combined 1-1's in boths classes:
Baggett: 6
Tomac: 10

Edit: Also an interesting note, in 2013 Tomac really came on fire after the halfway point and won 9 of the last 10 motos with an 8 moto win streak sprinkled in and going 2-1 at the last race and if you look at that and this last SX season it really speaks to what Baggett said about him being hard to stop once he's on a roll.
6/13/2017 3:16am
I can't wait to watch Tomac whoop baldy's arse all over Mount Morris on Saturday. You never talk about someone's family!
Turbojez
6/13/2017 3:35am
I can't wait to watch Tomac whoop baldy's arse all over Mount Morris on Saturday. You never talk about someone's family!
Could you please fill me in as to what Blake said?
IWreckALot
6/13/2017 5:10am
I gotta give the OP some credit. Came here to talk up his rider and hasn't bashed any other rider. . . Not often you get to see that.

The Shop

aeffertz
6/13/2017 6:12am
Turbojez wrote:
Could you please fill me in as to what Blake said?
I don't get why everyone is freaking out over it. All he said
was your father doesn't need to be a champion to succeed in this sport.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
6/13/2017 6:12am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2017 6:20am
The biggest downfall for both of them is bad starts. Look at Blake's results on a 250, he would get terrible starts which hindered him from winning more championships. He would have spectacular rides to the front, much like how Eli does this now at times, but that doesn't always win championships. On a 450 I would say they are both still pretty mediocre, if not bad starters.

Im rooting for Eli, he's a good kid and has crazy speed when he is on, but I think either one of them, along with Marvin could win it. With Marvin getting better starts it might be hard to make up that points gap for the other two.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
6/13/2017 8:29am
MX Guy wrote:
I'm a BB4 fan, I've been a little tripped out about how long it's taken him to achieve the confidence he had in his 250 days...
I'm a BB4 fan, I've been a little tripped out about how long it's taken him to achieve the confidence he had in his 250 days again. With that said, it was a very impressive ride in Colorado and I'm not taking that away from him. I just think Eli knows how to do it, he knows how to go 1-1 on the day in a dominating fashion and make people remember the fact that he's a bad dude. He's done it more times than BB4 has, at least on a 450. I'm curious to know who has more combined 1-1's in both classes.
I'm dumb and like to look through the vault so figured I'd get to bottom of this for you haha. In 250's they are actually tied...
I'm dumb and like to look through the vault so figured I'd get to bottom of this for you haha.

Edit: Also an interesting note, in 2013 Tomac really came on fire after the halfway point and won 9 of the last 10 motos with an 8 moto win streak sprinkled in and going 2-1 at the last race and if you look at that and this last SX season it really speaks to what Baggett said about him being hard to stop once he's on a roll.
I figured it would have to be pretty close. Thanks for the info.
peelout
6/13/2017 9:15am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2017 9:20am
Park Boys wrote:
Damn I'm not even a Tomac fan but some of you guys are ready to give Blake the crown after a single Moto win.. As impressive...
Damn I'm not even a Tomac fan but some of you guys are ready to give Blake the crown after a single Moto win.. As impressive as his Moto 2 ride was it's nothing like we have seen from Tomac when he is on much less the injuried German that is not racing. Calm down, didn't AP run faster times on his 250 in the elevation? Not saying Blake can't win but Jeeze his band wagon is over flowing right now.
i would say Blake's first moto ride was right up there with any of Eli's rides (minus the Hangtown massacre of '15). last to 3rd is impressive, no matter who it is.

this thing isn't over, but it got a lot more interesting.
Silliker269
6/13/2017 9:29am
Baggett a little saucy imo for what he has done in the 450 class, but I like it in a way to spice things up.
Look for the Tomac attack soon !
Silliker269
6/13/2017 9:30am
I think Tomac pumped up like the first few supercrosses and thats all she wrote, you just cant push when you cant hang on anymore
JSmith
6/13/2017 10:10am
You've had more than your share. Pass that thing over here.
6/13/2017 10:50am
I'm dumb and like to look through the vault so figured I'd get to bottom of this for you haha. In 250's they are actually tied...

Wait! I forgot Tomac went 1-1 at Millville in 2014, not that it really matters at all though haha.

So it'd be 11 times Tomac has gone 1-1 on the day to Baggetts 6.
F.B
6/13/2017 1:46pm

Huhu huhu...this thread...huhu

legs open
tight
ultra sensitive
mudder
it's coming
I don't know if it's coming or not
stamping
domination
swinging
hooking
the box
log
can't come fast enough
wood
ahhhhhh.....love it
arse all over
sprinkled
rooting
gap
pumped up

Yes, I'm bored.
6/13/2017 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2017 1:56pm
Blake, Eli, Marvin, who-ev

Let's be real: all are unproven as being championship-ready at the highest level. Let them scuffle it out. None of them has earned shit.

I'm enjoying it, though.
resetjet
6/13/2017 2:54pm
Tomac is the new JS7. I love the guy, he rides so aggressive and fast as hell. One day flawless, the next like a rookie. Just like James in the later years MOL.

Seems like he implodes from time to time, you just don't always know who is gonna show up to the race.

Lets face it, we all have days where everything clicks and we cannot be beat, and we have days where nothing goes right. However, you can't afford that at the top level.

If he snaps out of it, look out, because nobody is gonna match him.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
6/13/2017 5:43pm
JSmith wrote:
You've had more than your share. Pass that thing over here.
You can't handle the barewoods bro
markit
6/13/2017 6:05pm
Ando 1-1 stamp it.
dirtnapper
6/13/2017 6:49pm
Blake, Eli, Marvin, who-ev Let's be real: all are unproven as being championship-ready at the highest level. Let them scuffle it out. None of them has...

Let's be real: all are unproven as being championship-ready at the highest level. Let them scuffle it out. None of them has earned shit.

I'm enjoying it, though.
Truth
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
6/13/2017 7:07pm
Blake, Eli, Marvin, who-ev Let's be real: all are unproven as being championship-ready at the highest level. Let them scuffle it out. None of them has...

I'm enjoying it, though.
Oh take a seat grandpa, I can make a damn high point prediction if I want to
cable
6/13/2017 8:02pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I saw Blake unleash the Dogs of War just like he did on his KX250F.

The shit has hit the fan.
I'm wondering if the elevation had anything to do with that. will be interesting to see this weekend. should be awesome! and he's close in points!
TeamGreen
6/13/2017 8:04pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I saw Blake unleash the Dogs of War just like he did on his KX250F.

The shit has hit the fan.
cable wrote:
I'm wondering if the elevation had anything to do with that. will be interesting to see this weekend. should be awesome! and he's close in points!
I know one of those guys lives AT A HIGHER ELEVATION IN COLORADO!

Doh.
jbomx363
6/14/2017 1:59pm
So... let's see.

Tomac is terrible..because of 2 brake issues, 1 sx,.1 mx and is touchy in the brain.

Baggett wins a moto and is next best thing since Nutella.

MM is the new Dungey..albeit he's as old as him.. but other than that..meh...don't care for his cross jumping/lines across racing approach.. cool guy to me though. Love listening to him talk about the race and overall think he's a classy dude..

Me? If I'm buying a rider.... it's Tomac.

This weekend? Hard to say..but I think it's a toss up between Tomac and MM. Whomever gets the better start and doesn't go down.. like always...those are the keys to the race. Ha.

6/14/2017 2:22pm
jbomx363 wrote:
So... let's see. Tomac is terrible..because of 2 brake issues, 1 sx,.1 mx and is touchy in the brain. Baggett wins a moto and is next...
So... let's see.

Tomac is terrible..because of 2 brake issues, 1 sx,.1 mx and is touchy in the brain.

MM is the new Dungey..albeit he's as old as him.. but other than that..meh...don't care for his cross jumping/lines across racing approach.. cool guy to me though. Love listening to him talk about the race and overall think he's a classy dude..

This weekend? Hard to say..but I think it's a toss up between Tomac and MM. Whomever gets the better start and doesn't go down.. like always...those are the keys to the race. Ha.

To me it seems like Tomac has taken a page right out of Dungey's book of maximizing points when other riders are just better as opposed to going for it risking a crash that could potential put him out. If you realistically look at the season thus far he's been pretty good and the best rider outside of Thunder Valley where IMO he just didn't ride well. I mean Hangtown he went 1-1 from the back both motos, Glen Helen again rode from mid pack to second and then passed half the field without a front brake. Thunder Valley he was off while Baggett was really on. Not saying Baggett can't match him or beat him but realistically he didn't look like the Tomac we've seen the past few months.
kage173
6/14/2017 8:49pm
Easy on the bald talk bro. We aren't all as blessed as you
6/14/2017 9:07pm
KTM owners are so threatened by Tomac. If tomac switched to katoom then they would be the biggest fans of his
6/14/2017 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 9:11pm
Ing wrote:
I don't know who will win but I'll bet it's on a bike made in Austria.
Owned by India.
Tzevtkoff
6/15/2017 12:28am
jbomx363 wrote:
So... let's see. Tomac is terrible..because of 2 brake issues, 1 sx,.1 mx and is touchy in the brain. Baggett wins a moto and is next...
So... let's see.

To me it seems like Tomac has taken a page right out of Dungey's book of maximizing points when other riders are just better as opposed...
To me it seems like Tomac has taken a page right out of Dungey's book of maximizing points when other riders are just better as opposed to going for it risking a crash that could potential put him out. If you realistically look at the season thus far he's been pretty good and the best rider outside of Thunder Valley where IMO he just didn't ride well. I mean Hangtown he went 1-1 from the back both motos, Glen Helen again rode from mid pack to second and then passed half the field without a front brake. Thunder Valley he was off while Baggett was really on. Not saying Baggett can't match him or beat him but realistically he didn't look like the Tomac we've seen the past few months.
Well said, I agreed with you so BB4 is also an amazing rider. He remenber me RC4 sometimes.

Thunder valley would be always special for Eli. The big ruts of this track backs nightmare in is head, i can understand that.

just James
6/15/2017 5:36am
BB4 passes MM25 on the last lap for the win, with JA21 third, and ET3 a distant and depressed fourth.
Or, ET3 wins both motos by more than 30 seconds. One or the other, I can't decide.

Post a reply to: Tomac's Imminent Silencing of Everyone

The Latest