Tomac was impressive but..

Tate017
9/4/2016 10:55am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 11:43am
I'm not taking anything away from Eli's ride at the Charlotte GP but... Knowing that Roczen would have probably been even faster is somewhat mind blowing. I mean, Eli just smoked the likes of Febvre, Cairoli, and Gasjer. Which to me was very impressive on a euro style course (albeit on American soil). However, most people would probably agree with me in saying the Roczen would have been even faster. This says a lot about the level Roczen is on right now. Roczen is on another planet compared to everyone else on a motocross bike at the moment. Welcome to the Roczen era folks. Much like the MC, RC, and RV era, I believe we are in for several years of Roczen completely dominating the sport.

(please know I'm not trying to blow Roczen here, I'm just stating an opinion I think most people would agree with. I'm a fan of close racing and would like to see Tomac, Dungey, or Webb step up and battle with Roczen. It's just hard for me to envision anyone dominating the way I believe Roczen will next season and into the next 3-5 years.)
|
RG1
9/4/2016 10:59am
You'd struggle to find too many tracks like that anywhere in Europe to be fair. So I wouldn't really say it was a Euro style course, certainly not a typical European track
cali11
9/4/2016 11:04am
RG1 wrote:
You'd struggle to find too many tracks like that anywhere in Europe to be fair. So I wouldn't really say it was a Euro style course...
You'd struggle to find too many tracks like that anywhere in Europe to be fair. So I wouldn't really say it was a Euro style course, certainly not a typical European track
Track was built by a Euro?
USMCMXer
9/4/2016 11:07am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 11:30am
Nice speculation. You do realize Tomac did beat him twice this year, right? So maybe this was another track where Eli had him covered? Why do fanboys constantly feel the need to debate hypothetical scenarios. It's fucking racing, to finish first, you first must finish! Or in the case of KROC, in this instance, start.
RG1
9/4/2016 11:08am
RG1 wrote:
You'd struggle to find too many tracks like that anywhere in Europe to be fair. So I wouldn't really say it was a Euro style course...
cali11 wrote:
So? Doesn't mean it's anything like other European tracks

The Shop

cali11
9/4/2016 11:14am
Tate017 wrote:
I'm not taking anything away from Eli's ride at the Charlotte GP but... Knowing that Roczen would have probably been even faster is somewhat mind blowing...
I'm not taking anything away from Eli's ride at the Charlotte GP but... Knowing that Roczen would have probably been even faster is somewhat mind blowing. I mean, Eli just smoked the likes of Febvre, Cairoli, and Gasjer. Which to me was very impressive on a euro style course (albeit on American soil). However, most people would probably agree with me in saying the Roczen would have been even faster. This says a lot about the level Roczen is on right now. Roczen is on another planet compared to everyone else on a motocross bike at the moment. Welcome to the Roczen era folks. Much like the MC, RC, and RV era, I believe we are in for several years of Roczen completely dominating the sport.

(please know I'm not trying to blow Roczen here, I'm just stating an opinion I think most people would agree with. I'm a fan of close racing and would like to see Tomac, Dungey, or Webb step up and battle with Roczen. It's just hard for me to envision anyone dominating the way I believe Roczen will next season and into the next 3-5 years.)
I agree & disagree with you. First ET did beat KR a few time strait up, when he got the start. I don't see how KR could of went any faster on that track. But I'm sure he could prove me wrong. Last year when KR was on a new bike, ET was smoking the field & by a bigger margin. Let's wait and see how ET does in 17, now that he has a year on the KX450F. You got to remember KR may take some time getting use to the new bike. It's also a new bike for Honda. So will they even have a base settings? With that said KR94 is an animal on a mission. Do I think RD will ever win another title? Nope!
9/4/2016 11:17am
maybe the track suited Tomac , but as Gajser is planning to go racing in the USA i expected a bit more from him .
Eli smoked em both moto's with a good margin ... nobody was even close
GH should fit the MXGP riders a bit more so lets see what happens next week , Webb wil be there to on his 450 so interested to see how that race will end up
malachi177
9/4/2016 11:17am
Tate017 wrote:
I'm not taking anything away from Eli's ride at the Charlotte GP but... Knowing that Roczen would have probably been even faster is somewhat mind blowing...

Its so funny how people just slag on RD constantly...seriously...he needs to step up?Pinch
mxb2
9/4/2016 11:18am
If,if if,but,but,but. None of it means shit, kroc wasn't there.
urbanlift707
9/4/2016 11:19am
Hard to say I think. We have seen when Tomac is in the groove he's got more pure speed and aggression than pretty much anyone. Now this summer we have seen Kenny in the groove and he's taken it to another level. I personally think when both are grooving they are pretty close. We've seen this at mxdn second Moto in Germany, where Ken came out on top by about a second and also second Moto at mx338 where Eli came out on top. Now I want to see both these guys comfortable battle febvre and gasjer for a couple rounds when those guys are clicking too!

Just imaging how awesome it would be if the Nationals had two rounds mixed into the gp series and the gp series had two rounds mixed into ours! Might as well do those four in a row and have a quick little title within a title. I doubt there is a fan alive who wouldn't love to see this!!
9/4/2016 11:23am
mxb2 wrote:
If,if if,but,but,but. None of it means shit, kroc wasn't there.
exactly , why always talk about them who didnt race ?? Tomc won both ... in a dominant way
Wade221
9/4/2016 11:27am
Is GH gonna have that monster booter again (aka.. The spoke breaker)?
cali11
9/4/2016 11:28am
Tate017 wrote:

malachi177 wrote:
Its so funny how people just slag on RD constantly...seriously...he needs to step up?Pinch
Not slagging on RD it's just times change!
Cashmore
9/4/2016 11:32am
RG1 wrote:
cali11 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
So? Doesn't mean it's anything like other European tracks
Dude this is a world championship... The series goes all over the world. I don't get why it had to be a "euro" type track. How many races are in europe? Quit being a sore loser.
9/4/2016 11:38am
Eli has been the fastest rider at previous MXdN races as well (just unlucky with crashes or bad starts), so it's not that shocking to see Eli win like that.

The track was far from a typical Euro track though, but that doesn't matter. Eli smoked everyone who had to race the same track.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
9/4/2016 11:42am
Stew didn't win?
RG1
9/4/2016 11:42am
Cashmore wrote:
Dude this is a world championship... The series goes all over the world. I don't get why it had to be a "euro" type track. How...
Dude this is a world championship... The series goes all over the world. I don't get why it had to be a "euro" type track. How many races are in europe? Quit being a sore loser.
First of all, I didn't lose. Also, I never said it had to be a Euro style track. The OP said that it was a European style track, which I don't think is the case, because as I said before, you'd struggle to find any tracks like that in Europe.
akillerwombat
9/4/2016 11:47am
Cashmore wrote:
Dude this is a world championship... The series goes all over the world. I don't get why it had to be a "euro" type track. How...
RG1 wrote:
First of all, I didn't lose. Also, I never said it had to be a Euro style track. The OP said that it was a European...
First of all, I didn't lose. Also, I never said it had to be a Euro style track. The OP said that it was a European style track, which I don't think is the case, because as I said before, you'd struggle to find any tracks like that in Europe.
It wasn't really an "American style" track either. It looked more like flat track with jumps built on it.

Either way – it was a brand new track to everyone involved so I think it should be considered a pretty fair playing field.
Tate017
9/4/2016 11:58am
Tate017 wrote:

malachi177 wrote:
cali11 wrote:
Not slagging on RD it's just times change!
I'm not counting Dungey out.. Or really any one out.. I'm just saying that I don't know how you can ignore the dominating fashion in the last handful of SX races and the entire 12 round outdoor nationals by Roczen. Listen, I hope Dungey, Tomac, Weeb, Reed, or whoever else steps it up and battles with Roczen because I, like most people I'm guessing like close racing. But just from looking at Roczen after what he just did to everyone the past 4 months, it's hard for me to see anyone being able to beat him.

Yes, switching to Honda may hurt Roczen at first. However, a. I think Roczen is on a mission to prove he can win his way (without the Bakers factory) and he will do all he can to have himself and this new bike ready to go come A1. b. With HRC back in control of American Hondas racing effort, I'm sure they will put in all the time needed, and throw big sums of $$$ at this effort to ensure the new bike and Roczen are dialed by A1. At this point with the confidence Roczen has, I think he could get on whatever bike and win.
Arni
9/4/2016 12:11pm
Arguing about names in pro MX is just not my level, I have too much respect for everyone racing pro.

But to drop few remarks:
Tomac is on fire for the last 2 month or so and some guys maintain high level threw season, some are just missing some part of championship. That is why some are born champions, and others are just race winners. If we talk about highest level of pro racing.

Tomac is my favourite rider, beside Gajser (obviously), and those two racing yesterday head to head was one of my best moments in this sport. I even didn't care who wins... I really would like to see this guys race each other more often.

But, to drop some cynical remarks. Where are the others 450 USA riders. Dungey could race, Barcia had one good start, but the second race was a disaster. I even question his wrist injury due to "overjump". Where was Nicoleti? He is also AMA top rider, isn't he?

To end this post.... I still think AMA is not as wide with top riders, as GP is. And next year it will be even wider.
Tate017
9/4/2016 1:14pm
Arni wrote:
Arguing about names in pro MX is just not my level, I have too much respect for everyone racing pro. But to drop few remarks: Tomac...
Arguing about names in pro MX is just not my level, I have too much respect for everyone racing pro.

But to drop few remarks:
Tomac is on fire for the last 2 month or so and some guys maintain high level threw season, some are just missing some part of championship. That is why some are born champions, and others are just race winners. If we talk about highest level of pro racing.

Tomac is my favourite rider, beside Gajser (obviously), and those two racing yesterday head to head was one of my best moments in this sport. I even didn't care who wins... I really would like to see this guys race each other more often.

But, to drop some cynical remarks. Where are the others 450 USA riders. Dungey could race, Barcia had one good start, but the second race was a disaster. I even question his wrist injury due to "overjump". Where was Nicoleti? He is also AMA top rider, isn't he?

To end this post.... I still think AMA is not as wide with top riders, as GP is. And next year it will be even wider.
Comparing AMA vs MXGP isn't something anyone should do. In America, Supercross takes priority over Pro Motocross. MXGP's priority is motocross. In all honesty, MXGP riders SHOULD smoke American riders when it comes to motocross. I mean MXGP riders don't spend more than half the year focusing on Supercross like American riders do. So the fact that often times a American rider can battle with and at times beat MXGP top riders make the original comment ridiculous. Take Cooper Webb for instance; dude came from 19th! place start and ran Herlings down and beat him. Yes, Webb (who focuses on Supercross for more than half the year) ran down and beat Herlings. So to make a comment like the MXGP field is deeper is ignorant at best. YOU CANT COMPARE THE TWO!! So please stop with the whole "oh we are better than you are" commentary. It's pointless.

Post a reply to: Tomac was impressive but..

The Latest