Tomac vs Herlings

8/24/2018 12:19am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 12:22am
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is...
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is considered the higher level rider. That’s how this works.
RG1 wrote:
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30...
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30 motos this year, never finished worse than 3rd in a Moto, and if it wasn't for missing one round he would currently have over 100 point lead on argubly the best GP rider ever. Tomac doesn't suddenly become the better rider to me if he beats Herlings at Red Bud. Not even close. By that logic everyone must have thought Anstie was a better rider than Herlings last year. He's obviously not. Whatever happens at Red Bud won't change my opinion that Herlings is the better rider of the two, because what has been happening for the last 12 months counts for more than what happens on one specific day
BAD10 wrote:
This is just a dumb statement. Herlings and Tomac are very close to each other outdoors, and perhaps JH is better, but I’ve got one word...
This is just a dumb statement. Herlings and Tomac are very close to each other outdoors, and perhaps JH is better, but I’ve got one word... “Supercross”! Herlings would crash and burn in SX and get smoked by the top ten indoors, so on that alone Tomac overall is the better rider as he has a larger skill set.
here we go again .. the sideshow LaughingLaughing there is always SX ...

that show only raced in USA by 90% US riders ...
OtotheB178
8/24/2018 12:25am
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the...
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the least so now its was time to start an account here for me and get shit straight.

1st - For you ppl saying you cant compare because americans train half the year for sx and so on i Think you need to realize that 85% of europe is covered in snow and ice from november to march/april and that includes belgium where Most mxgp teams are based and England where some other teams are based is just snow covered mud during the winter time. Most factory teams Will do some training in spain and italy during winter time, but(!) Its not like they are There training for months, its just a Couple of weeks so winter time when the us based riders are still competing is more or less off time for the gp dudes.

2nd - time in the saddle is still time in the saddle and racing is still racing no matter if its mx or sx so americans should have the advantage there, and sx doesnt matter because even tho i love sx and have watched every race since the mc days sx i still just showcross completly made for the audience and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as mxgp vs the nationals because then we might just as well start including the enduro gp guys and suoermoto dudes in the same ekvation as well, and that would be retarded..

So now when we have straightened this out we can start discussin the herlings vs tomac/mxgp vs the nationals a bit more more. When it comes to the fastest riders i Can say that the 2 fastest racers right now is for sure herlings and tomac and both of them could win races in either series first year racing in either one, it would be down to who makes the least misstakes in Most races but on tracks on an high elevation or when it is really hot and/or humid tomac would have a slight advantage just as herlings would have on a sandtrack or in a mud race. The problem here with tomac is that he is a bit inconsistant as we have se en for years and be lets things get to him and rides bad if that happens. I do Think that gajser if he rode as he did in 2016 or the first races last season would be as fast as them but i Believe he is done in europe, lost his drive to win here due to having won both classes before. He just wants to win in america now and not to mention be injured himself last year after winning the first couple of gp's and did the same( really bad) before this season and missed races. After them comes cairoli (who really isnt slower than theese dudes, just having a hard time getting his fitness up to the level of theese kids that are 8-12 years younger than him) and after them comes musquin, roczen,anderso, febvre and desalle (fast as fuck on a good day) with barcia being as fast as them on a good day.

When it comes to mxgp vs the nationals there isnt even much to discuss about wich is harder to win because you cant compare racing on home soil and on perfectly groomed tracks to going halfway across the Word to a different country where you have never been and withouth speaking the language and completly different cultures, different climates, different food etc, its retarded to Think that mxgp would be easier to win even if you only compared these factors to racing in the country u live in with everything except climate being similar/same and then we havnt begun to discuss the other factors like the fact that the gp guys cant and dont practice at all on most tracks on the gp circuit because of distance and Costs to do it and other factors like jetlag, different time zones (night and day differences, not and hour or two as some might think) , completly different temperatures, humidity etc and that fact that most weeks between races are just travelling without having even a quarter of the time to train compared to what us based racers have in between races and the biggest factor of all that is the fact that the gp series is twice as long as the nationals, twice as many weeks where u have to make sure to stay healthy and to not mess up.

And the last thing i wanna say to u guys is that mxon doesent prove shit because the sport is bigger in the us than in all off europe combined and france and america are the only 2 who have complete teams with top riders in each series.

HusqFan3 wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen so much rambling, nonsensical B.S., wrapped up into one post. You literally state "time in the saddle is still time...
I don't think I've ever seen so much rambling, nonsensical B.S., wrapped up into one post.

You literally state "time in the saddle is still time in the saddle and racing is still racing no matter if its mx or sx" then in the very same breath go onto to say "sx i still just showcross completly made for the audience and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as mxgp vs the nationals because then we might just as well start including the enduro gp guys and suoermoto dudes in the same ekvation as well, and that would be retarded"

Which one is it is racing racing or should they not be mentioned in the same sentence?

As for the part about MXGP riders having to travel across so many time zones and race halfway across the world. 1) what does language, culture, and food have to do with racing a dirt bike and 2) yes they make a few long trips but remind me again what percentage of USGP races occur within Europe?

Playing devils advocate here and ignoring the post but using the image.

How would the US do if they sent the top 3 TEXAN riders to the Des Nations? Seeing as texas is the same size as europe that would be a fairer comparison. Well not accounting for density of population obviously. I'm sure it would be a different story. Just a thought that popped into my head.
63mark
8/24/2018 12:28am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 12:29am
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is...
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is considered the higher level rider. That’s how this works.
RG1 wrote:
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30...
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30 motos this year, never finished worse than 3rd in a Moto, and if it wasn't for missing one round he would currently have over 100 point lead on argubly the best GP rider ever. Tomac doesn't suddenly become the better rider to me if he beats Herlings at Red Bud. Not even close. By that logic everyone must have thought Anstie was a better rider than Herlings last year. He's obviously not. Whatever happens at Red Bud won't change my opinion that Herlings is the better rider of the two, because what has been happening for the last 12 months counts for more than what happens on one specific day
BAD10 wrote:
This is just a dumb statement. Herlings and Tomac are very close to each other outdoors, and perhaps JH is better, but I’ve got one word...
This is just a dumb statement. Herlings and Tomac are very close to each other outdoors, and perhaps JH is better, but I’ve got one word... “Supercross”! Herlings would crash and burn in SX and get smoked by the top ten indoors, so on that alone Tomac overall is the better rider as he has a larger skill set.
No this is dumb, because Herlings is not a Supercross rider. This is about MX. Same as when you would try and put them both in a series of beach races and see who has better skills...
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
8/24/2018 12:32am
"I don't care who wins the race my guy is still better"

Where do you even start... LaughingLaughingLaughing It's like a flashback to when my kids were 9

The Shop

TDeath21
8/24/2018 12:34am
Obviously we don’t have much to go on but opinion and the eye test, but I do think that Herlings is a step ahead of everyone in the world at the moment. I do believe that in a theoretical championship in which we got to see all the best out there, Tomac would challenge Herlings more than Cairoli does but still not be there enough to matter. I think Tomac would battle Cairoli for 2nd place in the championship and 4th-10th would be a complete crapshoot with guys like Musquin, Gajser, Febvre, Roczen, Barcia, Anstie, etc. swapping those positions back and forth throughout the series.

I don’t believe Tomac could ever do what Herlings did at Ironman last year. Fly over to Europe, borrow a bike, race against the top GP guys, be the best each and every time he was on the track, then come from last to first to cap it off. I just don’t see it happening. Hell, I don’t see Tomac doing that in a US national.

But anyway, although it’s always going to be speculation, I think Herlings is a clear cut step ahead of everyone else in the world right now.
8/24/2018 12:43am
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the...
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the least so now its was time to start an account here for me and get shit straight.

1st - For you ppl saying you cant compare because americans train half the year for sx and so on i Think you need to realize that 85% of europe is covered in snow and ice from november to march/april and that includes belgium where Most mxgp teams are based and England where some other teams are based is just snow covered mud during the winter time. Most factory teams Will do some training in spain and italy during winter time, but(!) Its not like they are There training for months, its just a Couple of weeks so winter time when the us based riders are still competing is more or less off time for the gp dudes.

2nd - time in the saddle is still time in the saddle and racing is still racing no matter if its mx or sx so americans should have the advantage there, and sx doesnt matter because even tho i love sx and have watched every race since the mc days sx i still just showcross completly made for the audience and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as mxgp vs the nationals because then we might just as well start including the enduro gp guys and suoermoto dudes in the same ekvation as well, and that would be retarded..

So now when we have straightened this out we can start discussin the herlings vs tomac/mxgp vs the nationals a bit more more. When it comes to the fastest riders i Can say that the 2 fastest racers right now is for sure herlings and tomac and both of them could win races in either series first year racing in either one, it would be down to who makes the least misstakes in Most races but on tracks on an high elevation or when it is really hot and/or humid tomac would have a slight advantage just as herlings would have on a sandtrack or in a mud race. The problem here with tomac is that he is a bit inconsistant as we have se en for years and be lets things get to him and rides bad if that happens. I do Think that gajser if he rode as he did in 2016 or the first races last season would be as fast as them but i Believe he is done in europe, lost his drive to win here due to having won both classes before. He just wants to win in america now and not to mention be injured himself last year after winning the first couple of gp's and did the same( really bad) before this season and missed races. After them comes cairoli (who really isnt slower than theese dudes, just having a hard time getting his fitness up to the level of theese kids that are 8-12 years younger than him) and after them comes musquin, roczen,anderso, febvre and desalle (fast as fuck on a good day) with barcia being as fast as them on a good day.

When it comes to mxgp vs the nationals there isnt even much to discuss about wich is harder to win because you cant compare racing on home soil and on perfectly groomed tracks to going halfway across the Word to a different country where you have never been and withouth speaking the language and completly different cultures, different climates, different food etc, its retarded to Think that mxgp would be easier to win even if you only compared these factors to racing in the country u live in with everything except climate being similar/same and then we havnt begun to discuss the other factors like the fact that the gp guys cant and dont practice at all on most tracks on the gp circuit because of distance and Costs to do it and other factors like jetlag, different time zones (night and day differences, not and hour or two as some might think) , completly different temperatures, humidity etc and that fact that most weeks between races are just travelling without having even a quarter of the time to train compared to what us based racers have in between races and the biggest factor of all that is the fact that the gp series is twice as long as the nationals, twice as many weeks where u have to make sure to stay healthy and to not mess up.

And the last thing i wanna say to u guys is that mxon doesent prove shit because the sport is bigger in the us than in all off europe combined and france and america are the only 2 who have complete teams with top riders in each series.

HusqFan3 wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen so much rambling, nonsensical B.S., wrapped up into one post. You literally state "time in the saddle is still time...
I don't think I've ever seen so much rambling, nonsensical B.S., wrapped up into one post.

You literally state "time in the saddle is still time in the saddle and racing is still racing no matter if its mx or sx" then in the very same breath go onto to say "sx i still just showcross completly made for the audience and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as mxgp vs the nationals because then we might just as well start including the enduro gp guys and suoermoto dudes in the same ekvation as well, and that would be retarded"

Which one is it is racing racing or should they not be mentioned in the same sentence?

As for the part about MXGP riders having to travel across so many time zones and race halfway across the world. 1) what does language, culture, and food have to do with racing a dirt bike and 2) yes they make a few long trips but remind me again what percentage of USGP races occur within Europe?

Seems like you never experienced jetlag. Thats all i Can say. U fint need to have einstein as your last name to understand that its hard on ppl travelling to different cultures with different time zones every week like quatar, russia, turkey , asia etc.

What i meant about sx is that its still riding and racing even the its just an american thing and for show. Should be a 17rd nationals and a 10rd sx instead.
8/24/2018 12:47am
clem wrote:
Yeah like the trip from southern California to Unadilla is just a short drive up the freeway. The travel part is a lame excuse. All pro...
Yeah like the trip from southern California to Unadilla is just a short drive up the freeway. The travel part is a lame excuse. All pro motocrossers travel! And dude do you think that Eli is riding up in the Colorado mountains during winter? They train in the warm spots for winter just like the gp guys.
I hear you and i never said it was short. I Said its a difference with completly different timezones, cultures, languages etc and its completly different to race in your own country no matter how big it is
RG1
8/24/2018 1:08am
RG1 wrote:
wanglimp wrote:
Your two comments tell a different story to me than what you are actually saying. I think you are just trying to mentally prepare for Tomac...
Your two comments tell a different story to me than what you are actually saying. I think you are just trying to mentally prepare for Tomac beating Herlings. Which is a bit of a pickle for you since you are obviously a Herlings fan. Deep down you know he will be beat by Tomac, which also means you know deep down Tomac is better, or else why would you already be making this excuse in public? Well the public announcement is just so you can use it later to say "see I always felt this way".
You should should take them as they are written. Herlings doesn't have off days, his level of performance is the same each and every week and has been over a very long period of time. No one can reach the same level with anything like the same level of consistency. Which makes him the best rider in the world by a clear margin in my opinion
RG1
8/24/2018 1:18am
BAD10 wrote:
If you think a rider of Herlings calibre couldn't be a top 10 guy in Supercross you're completely delusional. It's not rocket science. Many European riders much less talented than him have been just fine.
sende
Fantasy
4455th
8/24/2018 1:25am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 1:26am
pilotdude wrote:
Tomac could never beat Herlings on a neutral MX track like in Florida last year. Herlings is too fast.
drt410 wrote:
Thats just really weird to mention a specific track that Tomac did indeed beat Herlings at. I dont understand your logic here.
You didn't understand the sarcasm in that post. That's all. Or maybe I failed to understand that in yours.
RangerLee
8/24/2018 4:18am
I think it is pretty simple, they are both really, really fast. A notch above everyone else they are racing against right now.

So it will come down to starts and Eli sucks so bad at starts.

If there is a metal starting grate, like they had at SX this year, then it will help, but with out that Eli will have a 10th place start or worse and have to work his way up. Herlings will start up front, get out front and Eli will not be able to catch his speed, but may be able to catch up to 2nd.
MitchMX
Fantasy
971st
8/24/2018 4:25am
BAD10 wrote:
I saw Herlings at the SMX Riders Cup in 2016, battling with Dungey and Musquin.
He was the fastest guy that day, even despite he was on the 450 just for 2 weeks before.

I won't say he could be SX top 5 regular right away, but with some training and experience I think he should be able to be one of the top runners in SX as well.

In MX there's no discussion in my opinion, he is the fastest rider at the moment.
I can't see anyone beating him at the MXON when he starts top 5
kb228
8/24/2018 4:27am
Euro riders: race outdoors only, and 2/3 of the year.

Americans: race sx(meatgrinder) and outdoors for 3/4 of the year. Totalling more rounds than euros. All the while still being on par or better than the rest of the WORLD.

Seriously, name 1 other country besides the states that has as many top 10 riders.

Tomac dominates musquin and roczen which are european prodigies.

Nod to tomac. Hes more well rounded.

Even if herlings wins at mxdn, he still needs to prove himself in SX. Its the hardest form of dirtbike racing period.
8/24/2018 4:41am
kb228 wrote:
Euro riders: race outdoors only, and 2/3 of the year. Americans: race sx(meatgrinder) and outdoors for 3/4 of the year. Totalling more rounds than euros. All...

Americans: race sx(meatgrinder) and outdoors for 3/4 of the year. Totalling more rounds than euros. All the while still being on par or better than the rest of the WORLD.

Seriously, name 1 other country besides the states that has as many top 10 riders.

Even if herlings wins at mxdn, he still needs to prove himself in SX. Its the hardest form of dirtbike racing period.
I don't think Herlings has to prove himself in SX at all. He's hardly even ridden supercross and his mind is set on MXGP titles. If anything Tomac has to prove himself in supercross, two years of having the most wins and no titles to show for it. I think by any top riders standards that is for lack of a better term, a failure.
chuckdavies
8/24/2018 4:46am
BAD10 wrote:
Yeah but Herlings is faster on a push bike and a scooter so he has the overall larger skill set...Whistling

Please don't bring your apples when we're comparing oranges.
kb228
8/24/2018 4:48am
kb228 wrote:
Euro riders: race outdoors only, and 2/3 of the year. Americans: race sx(meatgrinder) and outdoors for 3/4 of the year. Totalling more rounds than euros. All...

I don't think Herlings has to prove himself in SX at all. He's hardly even ridden supercross and his mind is set on MXGP titles. If...
I don't think Herlings has to prove himself in SX at all. He's hardly even ridden supercross and his mind is set on MXGP titles. If anything Tomac has to prove himself in supercross, two years of having the most wins and no titles to show for it. I think by any top riders standards that is for lack of a better term, a failure.
I dont think winning pretty much 2/3 of all sx races in the last 2 years is a failure.
OtotheB178
8/24/2018 4:48am
kb228 wrote:

I think you're not thinking of the history of it.....

France has been pretty dominant in the US

JMB, Pichon, DV, Roncada, Tortelli, all have done "unspeakable" things.

JMB brought a whole new level to the sport, Pichon was very succesful, DV beat Mcgrath and RC pretty regularly, Roncada beat JS7 head to head and tortelli did an RC and ran away with a few of the races his first year (was it 99?)

That's not even acknowledging the other countries (South Africa?)

For the size of France and it's amateur scene i'd say they produce better riders than the US on a whole......
kb228
8/24/2018 4:54am
kb228 wrote:

OtotheB178 wrote:
I think you're not thinking of the history of it..... France has been pretty dominant in the US JMB, Pichon, DV, Roncada, Tortelli, all have done...

JMB brought a whole new level to the sport, Pichon was very succesful, DV beat Mcgrath and RC pretty regularly, Roncada beat JS7 head to head and tortelli did an RC and ran away with a few of the races his first year (was it 99?)

For the size of France and it's amateur scene i'd say they produce better riders than the US on a whole......
What french rider has better stats in the states than RC, stew, rv, dungey, etc... just because they beat a good us rider a few times doesnt make them better. Marvin beats tomac here and there but you cant say hes better...
OtotheB178
8/24/2018 4:59am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 5:02am
kb228 wrote:

OtotheB178 wrote:
I think you're not thinking of the history of it..... France has been pretty dominant in the US JMB, Pichon, DV, Roncada, Tortelli, all have done...

kb228 wrote:
What french rider has better stats in the states than RC, stew, rv, dungey, etc... just because they beat a good us rider a few times...
What french rider has better stats in the states than RC, stew, rv, dungey, etc... just because they beat a good us rider a few times doesnt make them better. Marvin beats tomac here and there but you cant say hes better...
JMB

smoked your best riders of the era....

"In 1991 Bayle and Honda set their sights on winning the AMA 250cc and 500cc Motocross Championships, as well as the AMA 250cc Supercross title. Bayle went on to earn three wins and the title of the six-race AMA 500cc Motocross Championship (the remaining three races were won by Jeff Ward). He also won the AMA 250cc Motocross Championship, and took the AMA 250cc Supercross Series title with eight wins."

How many US riders have won 3 series' in one year?

Not to mention that France has a population of 66.9 million and the US has 325.7 Million......you can't deny they produce quality riders for the size of the riding population.

It's not a dig at the US i grew up loving AMA racing, i still do, i just think you need to acknowledge that the US hasn't got the stranglehold it once had on racing and that's a good thing. It brings more variety and variables to race day and allows for some more exciting bench racing.
Donovan759
8/24/2018 5:06am

Of all the Tomac v Herlings threads for you to resurrect, you pick this one...

And you end your ridiculous rant by saying MXON doesn't prove anything? lol. wow...

So many much ty.
kkawboy14
8/24/2018 5:16am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 5:17am
sumdood wrote:
"I don't care who wins the race my guy is still better" Where do you even start... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's like a flashback to when...
"I don't care who wins the race my guy is still better"

Where do you even start... LaughingLaughingLaughing It's like a flashback to when my kids were 9
Your 9 year old kids used way more reason and logic than some of these guys. It’s like arguing which is better Wrangler or Levi’s
biscuit11
8/24/2018 5:28am
I think Roczen and Musquin are superior to Cairolli at the moment. Eli has only lost 1 mxgp moto in 6 tries, 1-1 on a temporary track and 1-3 against Herlings on a track he had never been to before. The euros racing here push him harder than that... Herlings won here the last race when Eli had nerves and other things going on that were priority so we didnt get an even race. Musquin showed that he can also run with Herlings and Roczen is obviously close now and will be there soon. Its a very small sample size and the dead horse will be kicked into oblivion untill MXoN and I think will get worse after. They are both the fastest in the world, either can win on any day and nobody would be suprised. Every week I watch them both and just enjoy the show...
8/24/2018 5:29am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 5:37am
RG1 wrote:
Bonanza69 wrote:
You know,the field is deeper in the US!Tongue
Thats naive to say the least. Sure tomac would do well in europe and marv n kenny as well for obvious reasons but bloss, bagget, peick and those guys would have a hard time getting in to top 10 and the 15 place dudes in ama would probably not even qualify for the gp's. When it comes to the mx2 class i Think the Us is deeper, sure prado, jonass and those dudes would probably be titel contenders in the us to but mx2 in europe is for young up n comers and in the ama lites many are veterans who have been riding on the highest level for years. Take freddy Norén for example, he was a top 10 regular in the states and he has been beaten by guys in the Swedish nationals who struggle to even qualify for the mxgp and filip Bengtsson who is waaaay faster than him wasnt even a top 16 dude in the gp's and we have more examples of similar riders.

RG1
8/24/2018 5:36am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 5:37am
biscuit11 wrote:
I think Roczen and Musquin are superior to Cairolli at the moment. Eli has only lost 1 mxgp moto in 6 tries, 1-1 on a temporary...
I think Roczen and Musquin are superior to Cairolli at the moment. Eli has only lost 1 mxgp moto in 6 tries, 1-1 on a temporary track and 1-3 against Herlings on a track he had never been to before. The euros racing here push him harder than that... Herlings won here the last race when Eli had nerves and other things going on that were priority so we didnt get an even race. Musquin showed that he can also run with Herlings and Roczen is obviously close now and will be there soon. Its a very small sample size and the dead horse will be kicked into oblivion untill MXoN and I think will get worse after. They are both the fastest in the world, either can win on any day and nobody would be suprised. Every week I watch them both and just enjoy the show...
Roczen and Musquin are not Superior to Cairoli, right now. Musquin never has been and never will be. Roczen at his best probably is but he's a long way from that at the moment. I don't think you understand how fast Desalle, Gajser, Febvre etc. are. They are all incredibly fast and all that group of guys would be podium material in an AMA national, just as they are in GP's. Desalle is the best of those guys in the points, and he is over 130 points behind Cairoli. Herlings makes everyone else look worse than they are. You'll see at MXdN that those guys are no joke
8/24/2018 5:43am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 5:45am
biscuit11 wrote:
I think Roczen and Musquin are superior to Cairolli at the moment. Eli has only lost 1 mxgp moto in 6 tries, 1-1 on a temporary...
They are not. The thing with cairoli is his fitness and if he found a way to become as fit as he was 5 years ago he would easilyå equal jh and tomac. He can ride the same laptimes as them, just not for as long. A 100% fit Roczen would probably go as fast as them dudes and no doubt gajser 100% fit would to and marv could go as fast on certain tracks i Believe. You need to understand that even paulin, febvre, desalle and those dudes are fast as fuck. Easily top 5 in the nationals with any if them being able to get in to top 3 just as in the gp's.
8/24/2018 5:53am
BAD10 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
If you think a rider of Herlings calibre couldn't be a top 10 guy in Supercross you're completely delusional. It's not rocket science. Many European riders...
If you think a rider of Herlings calibre couldn't be a top 10 guy in Supercross you're completely delusional. It's not rocket science. Many European riders much less talented than him have been just fine.
+1 if he decided to race sx it wouldnt take long for him to start battling for wins. Ppl seems to forget that most gp tracks are small, narrow and Tech the difference would be the rythm sections and any rider at this level no matter who could easily figure out that part after a season of preparation.
8/24/2018 5:59am
BAD10 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
If you think a rider of Herlings calibre couldn't be a top 10 guy in Supercross you're completely delusional. It's not rocket science. Many European riders...
+1
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/24/2018 6:15am
RG1 wrote:
BAD10 wrote:
Yeah I guess Mike Brown is the fastest guy on the planet because he has the largest skill set.

We're talking about Motocross. Not Injury cross, not enduro cross and not basketball
keinz
8/24/2018 6:41am
OtotheB178 wrote:

kb228 wrote:
What french rider has better stats in the states than RC, stew, rv, dungey, etc... just because they beat a good us rider a few times...
OtotheB178 wrote:
JMB smoked your best riders of the era.... "In 1991 Bayle and Honda set their sights on winning the AMA 250cc and 500cc Motocross Championships, as...
JMB

"In 1991 Bayle and Honda set their sights on winning the AMA 250cc and 500cc Motocross Championships, as well as the AMA 250cc Supercross title. Bayle went on to earn three wins and the title of the six-race AMA 500cc Motocross Championship (the remaining three races were won by Jeff Ward). He also won the AMA 250cc Motocross Championship, and took the AMA 250cc Supercross Series title with eight wins."

Not to mention that France has a population of 66.9 million and the US has 325.7 Million......you can't deny they produce quality riders for the size of the riding population.

It's not a dig at the US i grew up loving AMA racing, i still do, i just think you need to acknowledge that the US hasn't got the stranglehold it once had on racing and that's a good thing. It brings more variety and variables to race day and allows for some more exciting bench racing.

OtotheB178
8/24/2018 6:45am
kb228 wrote:
OtotheB178 wrote:
JMB smoked your best riders of the era.... "In 1991 Bayle and Honda set their sights on winning the AMA 250cc and 500cc Motocross Championships, as...
JMB

keinz wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/24/282537/s1200_Screenshot_2018_08_24_16.39.37.jpg[/img]

yeah....that is a good image to reinforce what i was saying,

Thanks! Grinning

Post a reply to: Tomac vs Herlings

The Latest