Tomac vs Herlings

keinz
5/24/2018 3:30am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 4:31am
Is there any possibility separate from discussions MX and SX. In Vital i know, it's impossible, but those ttwo disciplines are totally different.
I know that there are many different people who can handle both areas, but it's rare, very rare, In the States, as you practice half a year for hurdle, and the other half a year to run smoothly on the ground, It's hard. Obviously you are bit confused. But nowadays US guys like a food processor that does everything, but not a single thing right. Like you can see above, distantses are same. But those two are different disciplines. For a crist sske US gus are more talented,nou doubt, because they have to have to sharp in both diciplines. Period

Ok,
I'll take a new glass of wine

MX, like

SX, like

Flip109
5/24/2018 3:53am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 3:54am
9 times out of 10 Herlings is the fastest man on an outdoor track. He’s way faster than all the AMA guys and GP guys put together. I don’t get why people get so angry about this lol he’s fun to watch. Amazing really what he can do. It’s like Stewart back in the day without all the bullshit dancing and reality tv show.
BroFoSho
5/24/2018 9:42am
They should just move the Des Nations back one more week and move the location to Sam Boyd Stadium.
I hear Monster is putting on a race that weekend anyways so it works...
kkawboy14
5/24/2018 10:20am
They should make 3 events combining the MXGP and the AMA Outdoors for combined points, making it a real international series!

The Shop

peelout
5/24/2018 10:21am
kkawboy14 wrote:
They should make 3 events combining the MXGP and the AMA Outdoors for combined points, making it a real international series!
same points system as the 125 Dream "Race"
DPR250R
5/24/2018 10:24am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 10:30am
Flip109 wrote:
9 times out of 10 Herlings is the fastest man on an outdoor track. He’s way faster than all the AMA guys and GP guys put...
9 times out of 10 Herlings is the fastest man on an outdoor track. He’s way faster than all the AMA guys and GP guys put together. I don’t get why people get so angry about this lol he’s fun to watch. Amazing really what he can do. It’s like Stewart back in the day without all the bullshit dancing and reality tv show.
No issue with that. It’s up to the AMA guys to take that top outdoor spot from Herrings.

Issue I had is with the troll who said anyone who doesn’t win a “World” MXGP title is second tier. That is taking something away from the AMA champs who are and have been more then capable of taking it to the “World” champs when they line up against each other.

Gonna go torque my sprocket bolts and do a seat bounce.
drt410
5/24/2018 10:29am
pilotdude wrote:
Tomac could never beat Herlings on a neutral MX track like in Florida last year. Herlings is too fast.
He did though??
Donovan759
5/24/2018 10:29am
I would say there is a fair chance that neither Herlings or Tomac have championships at the end of the year.
THIS 100%
5/24/2018 10:30am
kkawboy14 wrote:
peelout wrote:
same points system as the 125 Dream "Race"
AGREED KKAWBOY!
5/24/2018 10:31am
pilotdude wrote:
Tomac could never beat Herlings on a neutral MX track like in Florida last year. Herlings is too fast.
Didn't he beat Herlings first moto? Just sayin'
5/24/2018 10:32am
DPR250R wrote:
No issue with that. It’s up to the AMA guys to take that top outdoor spot from Herrings. Issue I had is with the troll who...
No issue with that. It’s up to the AMA guys to take that top outdoor spot from Herrings.

Issue I had is with the troll who said anyone who doesn’t win a “World” MXGP title is second tier. That is taking something away from the AMA champs who are and have been more then capable of taking it to the “World” champs when they line up against each other.

Gonna go torque my sprocket bolts and do a seat bounce.
as AMA riders dont race MXGP , i get it ... but its OK to get SX involved ?? how does that work , as none of MXGP riders race SX ? double standards dude
kaptkaos
5/24/2018 1:27pm
You could race Tomac vs Herlings 10 times on a neutral MX track, heck maybe even at Lakewood and Herlings will win 8-9 times.
drt410
5/24/2018 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 1:32pm
pilotdude wrote:
Thats just really weird to mention a specific track that Tomac did indeed beat Herlings at. I dont understand your logic here.
Excaliburbmx
5/24/2018 1:47pm
pilotdude wrote:
drt410 wrote:
Thats just really weird to mention a specific track that Tomac did indeed beat Herlings at. I dont understand your logic here.
Oops
FlaNard
5/24/2018 2:45pm
This deserves its own poll if any topic on here does right now. Although I think the Nationals need to go on for more than one weekend for me to pick a favorite. Based on Herlings form so far and the little I have seen of Tomac I'd have to lean towards Herlings. I think they each have tracks that suit their style of riding where they would be untouchable against the other but Tomac needs a better measuring stick than Marvin for me to claim he beats Herlings (no disrespect.) Ken when he was healthy was that guy but it's basically the Eli show this season unless he takes himself out.
8/23/2018 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 3:37pm
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the least so now its was time to start an account here for me and get shit straight.

1st - For you ppl saying you cant compare because americans train half the year for sx and so on i Think you need to realize that 85% of europe is covered in snow and ice from november to march/april and that includes belgium where Most mxgp teams are based and England where some other teams are based is just snow covered mud during the winter time. Most factory teams Will do some training in spain and italy during winter time, but(!) Its not like they are There training for months, its just a Couple of weeks so winter time when the us based riders are still competing is more or less off time for the gp dudes.

2nd - time in the saddle is still time in the saddle and racing is still racing no matter if its mx or sx so americans should have the advantage there, and sx doesnt matter because even tho i love sx and have watched every race since the mc days sx i still just showcross completly made for the audience and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as mxgp vs the nationals because then we might just as well start including the enduro gp guys and suoermoto dudes in the same ekvation as well, and that would be retarded..

So now when we have straightened this out we can start discussin the herlings vs tomac/mxgp vs the nationals a bit more more. When it comes to the fastest riders i Can say that the 2 fastest racers right now is for sure herlings and tomac and both of them could win races in either series first year racing in either one, it would be down to who makes the least misstakes in Most races but on tracks on an high elevation or when it is really hot and/or humid tomac would have a slight advantage just as herlings would have on a sandtrack or in a mud race. The problem here with tomac is that he is a bit inconsistant as we have se en for years and be lets things get to him and rides bad if that happens. I do Think that gajser if he rode as he did in 2016 or the first races last season would be as fast as them but i Believe he is done in europe, lost his drive to win here due to having won both classes before. He just wants to win in america now and not to mention be injured himself last year after winning the first couple of gp's and did the same( really bad) before this season and missed races. After them comes cairoli (who really isnt slower than theese dudes, just having a hard time getting his fitness up to the level of theese kids that are 8-12 years younger than him) and after them comes musquin, roczen,anderso, febvre and desalle (fast as fuck on a good day) with barcia being as fast as them on a good day.

When it comes to mxgp vs the nationals there isnt even much to discuss about wich is harder to win because you cant compare racing on home soil and on perfectly groomed tracks to going halfway across the Word to a different country where you have never been and withouth speaking the language and completly different cultures, different climates, different food etc, its retarded to Think that mxgp would be easier to win even if you only compared these factors to racing in the country u live in with everything except climate being similar/same and then we havnt begun to discuss the other factors like the fact that the gp guys cant and dont practice at all on most tracks on the gp circuit because of distance and Costs to do it and other factors like jetlag, different time zones (night and day differences, not and hour or two as some might think) , completly different temperatures, humidity etc and that fact that most weeks between races are just travelling without having even a quarter of the time to train compared to what us based racers have in between races and the biggest factor of all that is the fact that the gp series is twice as long as the nationals, twice as many weeks where u have to make sure to stay healthy and to not mess up.

And the last thing i wanna say to u guys is that mxon doesent prove shit because the sport is bigger in the us than in all off europe combined and france and america are the only 2 who have complete teams with top riders in each series.

zehn
8/23/2018 2:58pm
MAKE IT STOP
8/23/2018 3:08pm
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the...
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the least so now its was time to start an account here for me and get shit straight.

1st - For you ppl saying you cant compare because americans train half the year for sx and so on i Think you need to realize that 85% of europe is covered in snow and ice from november to march/april and that includes belgium where Most mxgp teams are based and England where some other teams are based is just snow covered mud during the winter time. Most factory teams Will do some training in spain and italy during winter time, but(!) Its not like they are There training for months, its just a Couple of weeks so winter time when the us based riders are still competing is more or less off time for the gp dudes.

2nd - time in the saddle is still time in the saddle and racing is still racing no matter if its mx or sx so americans should have the advantage there, and sx doesnt matter because even tho i love sx and have watched every race since the mc days sx i still just showcross completly made for the audience and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as mxgp vs the nationals because then we might just as well start including the enduro gp guys and suoermoto dudes in the same ekvation as well, and that would be retarded..

So now when we have straightened this out we can start discussin the herlings vs tomac/mxgp vs the nationals a bit more more. When it comes to the fastest riders i Can say that the 2 fastest racers right now is for sure herlings and tomac and both of them could win races in either series first year racing in either one, it would be down to who makes the least misstakes in Most races but on tracks on an high elevation or when it is really hot and/or humid tomac would have a slight advantage just as herlings would have on a sandtrack or in a mud race. The problem here with tomac is that he is a bit inconsistant as we have se en for years and be lets things get to him and rides bad if that happens. I do Think that gajser if he rode as he did in 2016 or the first races last season would be as fast as them but i Believe he is done in europe, lost his drive to win here due to having won both classes before. He just wants to win in america now and not to mention be injured himself last year after winning the first couple of gp's and did the same( really bad) before this season and missed races. After them comes cairoli (who really isnt slower than theese dudes, just having a hard time getting his fitness up to the level of theese kids that are 8-12 years younger than him) and after them comes musquin, roczen,anderso, febvre and desalle (fast as fuck on a good day) with barcia being as fast as them on a good day.

When it comes to mxgp vs the nationals there isnt even much to discuss about wich is harder to win because you cant compare racing on home soil and on perfectly groomed tracks to going halfway across the Word to a different country where you have never been and withouth speaking the language and completly different cultures, different climates, different food etc, its retarded to Think that mxgp would be easier to win even if you only compared these factors to racing in the country u live in with everything except climate being similar/same and then we havnt begun to discuss the other factors like the fact that the gp guys cant and dont practice at all on most tracks on the gp circuit because of distance and Costs to do it and other factors like jetlag, different time zones (night and day differences, not and hour or two as some might think) , completly different temperatures, humidity etc and that fact that most weeks between races are just travelling without having even a quarter of the time to train compared to what us based racers have in between races and the biggest factor of all that is the fact that the gp series is twice as long as the nationals, twice as many weeks where u have to make sure to stay healthy and to not mess up.

And the last thing i wanna say to u guys is that mxon doesent prove shit because the sport is bigger in the us than in all off europe combined and france and america are the only 2 who have complete teams with top riders in each series.

I think you have some very flawed judgement. The fact that you say AMA riders only race on "perfectly groomed" tracks shows that you aren't very educated on the topic. Although I would agree with you that winning a world championship is definitely harder.
8/23/2018 3:28pm
Been Reading every post about europe vs america for the last 15 years and im a bit tired of the dick measuring contest to say the...

I think you have some very flawed judgement. The fact that you say AMA riders only race on "perfectly groomed" tracks shows that you aren't very...
I think you have some very flawed judgement. The fact that you say AMA riders only race on "perfectly groomed" tracks shows that you aren't very educated on the topic. Although I would agree with you that winning a world championship is definitely harder.
Everything is relative. You cant compare any national track to most tracks in the gps because Most of the time the gp track owners doesnt give a shit and that is a shame. I watch both series and have for 20 years and its no comparison when it comes to prep Smile .
RG1
8/23/2018 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 3:35pm
Tomac vs Herlings at Red Bud.will be very close. It's on US soil at a track Eli knows well and he will be very motivated to win both personally and for Team USA. To me though, when I watch the level that Herlings brings every week, without fail, no matter what the surface, weather conditions or whatever other variable you can throw in. It's not really a contest for me who the better rider is. Whatever happens at Red Bud won't change that
Mr. CrossUp
8/23/2018 3:40pm
Tomac has been at the Kawasaki test track last week and this morning. He's getting ready for Monster cup. Probably thinking about that million dollars more than JH. Just sayin. F.T.B.
HusqFan3
8/23/2018 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 8:46pm

I don't think I've ever seen so much rambling, nonsensical B.S., wrapped up into one post.

You literally state "time in the saddle is still time in the saddle and racing is still racing no matter if its mx or sx" then in the very same breath go onto to say "sx i still just showcross completly made for the audience and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as mxgp vs the nationals because then we might just as well start including the enduro gp guys and suoermoto dudes in the same ekvation as well, and that would be retarded"

Which one is it is racing racing or should they not be mentioned in the same sentence?

As for the part about MXGP riders having to travel across so many time zones and race halfway across the world. 1) what does language, culture, and food have to do with racing a dirt bike and 2) yes they make a few long trips but remind me again what percentage of USGP races occur within Europe?

clem
8/23/2018 5:56pm
Yeah like the trip from southern California to Unadilla is just a short drive up the freeway. The travel part is a lame excuse. All pro motocrossers travel! And dude do you think that Eli is riding up in the Colorado mountains during winter? They train in the warm spots for winter just like the gp guys.
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
8/23/2018 6:04pm
California >Unadilla =Belgium >Argentina???
clem
8/23/2018 6:16pm
Idp57 wrote:
California >Unadilla =Belgium >Argentina???
There are a few way out races for the gp riders, I get that and it's got to be a logistical nightmare. Just trying to point out to the OP that the US MX schedule is not all within a few hours drive like he tried to make it out to be.
8/23/2018 7:03pm
RG1 wrote:
Tomac vs Herlings at Red Bud.will be very close. It's on US soil at a track Eli knows well and he will be very motivated to...
Tomac vs Herlings at Red Bud.will be very close. It's on US soil at a track Eli knows well and he will be very motivated to win both personally and for Team USA. To me though, when I watch the level that Herlings brings every week, without fail, no matter what the surface, weather conditions or whatever other variable you can throw in. It's not really a contest for me who the better rider is. Whatever happens at Red Bud won't change that
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is considered the higher level rider. That’s how this works.
RG1
8/23/2018 11:08pm
RG1 wrote:
Tomac vs Herlings at Red Bud.will be very close. It's on US soil at a track Eli knows well and he will be very motivated to...
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is...
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is considered the higher level rider. That’s how this works.
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30 motos this year, never finished worse than 3rd in a Moto, and if it wasn't for missing one round he would currently have over 100 point lead on argubly the best GP rider ever. Tomac doesn't suddenly become the better rider to me if he beats Herlings at Red Bud. Not even close. By that logic everyone must have thought Anstie was a better rider than Herlings last year. He's obviously not. Whatever happens at Red Bud won't change my opinion that Herlings is the better rider of the two, because what has been happening for the last 12 months counts for more than what happens on one specific day
8/23/2018 11:29pm
RG1 wrote:
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30...
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30 motos this year, never finished worse than 3rd in a Moto, and if it wasn't for missing one round he would currently have over 100 point lead on argubly the best GP rider ever. Tomac doesn't suddenly become the better rider to me if he beats Herlings at Red Bud. Not even close. By that logic everyone must have thought Anstie was a better rider than Herlings last year. He's obviously not. Whatever happens at Red Bud won't change my opinion that Herlings is the better rider of the two, because what has been happening for the last 12 months counts for more than what happens on one specific day
You know,the field is deeper in the US!Tongue
wanglimp
8/24/2018 12:09am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 12:11am
RG1 wrote:
All of your post make 0 sense. No one cares who you think is a better rider. If Tomac wins both motos for now he is...
RG1 wrote:
That's dumb. Which one of the two is better comes down to more than just one event for me. Herlings has won 25 out of 30...
Your two comments tell a different story to me than what you are actually saying. I think you are just trying to mentally prepare for Tomac beating Herlings. Which is a bit of a pickle for you since you are obviously a Herlings fan. Deep down you know he will be beat by Tomac, which also means you know deep down Tomac is better, or else why would you already be making this excuse in public? Well the public announcement is just so you can use it later to say "see I always felt this way".
BAD10
8/24/2018 12:10am
RG1 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
This is just a dumb statement. Herlings and Tomac are very close to each other outdoors, and perhaps JH is better, but I’ve got one word... “Supercross”! Herlings would crash and burn in SX and get smoked by the top ten indoors, so on that alone Tomac overall is the better rider as he has a larger skill set.

Post a reply to: Tomac vs Herlings

The Latest