Tomac vs Herlings

St Ann More
8/26/2018 6:14am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2018 6:40am
biscuit11 wrote:
His first in 6 tries after the season Eli had just been through. Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went...
His first in 6 tries after the season Eli had just been through. Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went down ill admit he was riding solid. But he isnt the same rider now i feel he fell off even when he was getting 2nds to Jeff before he got hurt. As for Eli, people forget if you go back to A1 last year i dont think anyone picked Eli to win much of anything last year. I think hes happy with the position hes in. I bet they are all looking forward to Red Bud just like we are.
Except, it wasn't Cairoli's 'first in 6 tries' and Eli didn't 'go down'.

Coupled with 'after the season Eli had been through', whilst conveniently forgetting Cairoli's.

Remember Cairoli had only won a handful of GP's in two injury ravaged years and couldn't even get inside the top 10 in Charlotte. Heck, even Nicoletti nearly beat Cairoli in one moto whilst languishing in 15th or so. Hardly a shocker to see Eli handle him.

Roll on Red Bud! I expect Cairoli will be a tick off, but Eli vs Herlings could be spicy!
Sideways
8/26/2018 7:01am
biscuit11 wrote:
His first in 6 tries after the season Eli had just been through. Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went...
His first in 6 tries after the season Eli had just been through. Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went down ill admit he was riding solid. But he isnt the same rider now i feel he fell off even when he was getting 2nds to Jeff before he got hurt. As for Eli, people forget if you go back to A1 last year i dont think anyone picked Eli to win much of anything last year. I think hes happy with the position hes in. I bet they are all looking forward to Red Bud just like we are.
[u]Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went down ..[/u] Cairoli beat him straight up that second moto , Tomac didnt...
Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went down ..

Cairoli beat him straight up that second moto , Tomac didnt go down

what are you talking about ?? you never watched those races he ... lol

Cairoli went down while leading. I think thats what he meant.
8/26/2018 9:31am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2018 9:38am
biscuit11 wrote:
[u]Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went down ..[/u] Cairoli beat him straight up that second moto , Tomac didnt...
Cairolli finally got Eli, and he was leading that moto till he went down ..

Cairoli beat him straight up that second moto , Tomac didnt go down

what are you talking about ?? you never watched those races he ... lol

It was cairoli who went down i recall. 1st moto battles held them up for the most part, tc was focused on keeping herlings away to win the title in both races and herlings was focused on preventing that but both still beat him straight up 2nd race and both were still doing the big quad even tomac wouldnt jump.

Tomac is probably as fast as herlings on many tracks but as i stated before the nationals as a Whole aint got shit on the gp's. Sure top 3 en either series would do well in both but if u look further down its no comparison. Anstie the 10th dude in the gp's would smoke peick in 5th (6th!?) In the nationals wherever and whenever. Fuck even simpson and Searle would get top 10's and i Think searle is 17th in the gp's.

8/26/2018 9:34am
Ppl talking about usgp 15-16 and cairoli getting beat must not watch the gp's because everyone knows cairoli was injured both them seasons and thats why he lost 2 in a row and won the championship last year. Sure tomac would probably have beaten hon anyway but not even close to the way he did ^^.

The Shop

8/26/2018 9:56am
WCRider wrote:
As Roger De Coster said, "If you want to be the best rider in the world, you need to win in the US." Ask to Roczen...
As Roger De Coster said, "If you want to be the best rider in the world, you need to win in the US." Ask to Roczen, Prado, Musquin, Tortelli, Bayle, Pichon, Albertyn ect.

That's why a European will never be the best rider in the world for me before he goes to the USA. It's more "easier" to stay in your comfort zone when you have no contender. When you dominate, when you have a bike made for you for so many years, when you have no production rules.

It's more easier to have 5 months off. It's so much harder to ride every weekend. More difficult to stay in a good shape in these conditions. More difficult to ride with high humidity.

Herlings would have trouble on 17 SX races imo. Roczen is a good example and in SX, Roczen > Herlings easy.

Herlings' choice to stay in Europe is a cowardly choice with his level.
Haha wtf ?. He Said that back when they had rc and tortelli, dv, pichon etc and the best dude europe had was fucking bolley. Its simple, if you want to be the champion of the world you race the world championship against the best dudes from each country and be crowned world champion. If u want to prove that u are the best in the usa + 2-3 euros that raced the support class in the gp's you go to america or if you want to be the best one at sx u do the same. Doesnt matter what anyone say but world champion sounds better than national champion in Most ears.

"Comfort zone" bro u know that the gp's runs all over the world, in different cultures, different climates on totally different types of tracks in each country and that the nationals stays on americans hometurf yeah!?. Ask yourself why Rv2 went to europe or why dariyan sanayei or weltin or even covington went to europe even tho all of them har rides in the us. Or why hughes, vohland etc did the same back in the day ^^. Euros the last 15 years only switched to the us because of the way of life, opportunites in getting more money out of it and supercross and Nothing else otherwise you would have seen everts, smets, beirer and those dudes there back in the day. The top us dudes was better for 25 years but before that the euros was waaay better for 30 years, now its the euros time again and it Will probably change again sooner or later.
8/26/2018 10:03am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2018 10:13am
Haha wtf ofc you will have the advantage racing on homesoil, its the same in every sport even in football (real football not americans football) if...
Haha wtf ofc you will have the advantage racing on homesoil, its the same in every sport even in football (real football not americans football) if you check the betting odds every odds against the hometeam winning Will go down because then you have an advantage. The difference still is that even tho its far between lets say redbud and glen Helen its still in the same country with the same kind of culture, food, language etc and even between 2 countries near eachother in europe everything could be different, language, culture, religion, food, way of living etc and its not their home countries. Everyone in the nationals knows what to expect Everytime they are going to a track and its the complete opposite for the gp guys going to a friggin 3rd world countries and arab countries and New venues in some of the poorest countries on earth. You just cant compare the 2 series when it comes to wich is the hardest to race and win.

When it comes to mxon yh, usa Will probably win because they have the only complete team, Most countries dont have 3 top dudes racing the gp's like like in the states. If france would send dylan, marv n paulin they would probably win. 2 you guys saying its just excuses from euros stating that america has a huge advantage now should watch the team us press conference with both tomac n barcia saying straight out that they have an advantage and you could even see how much barcia knows that they have just that it is the same like the dutch team Will have on assen next year and i really hope the same us team Will go so you can see the difference between having the homefield advantage and not having it for yourselves.

I must say that i Think plessinger is in for a surprise if he honestly Thinks ferrandis is his biggest threat ?. Sure france are the only ones who could possibly beat usa overall but he cant have watched the gp's a lot if he Thinks Ferrandis is faster than prado and jonass. Fuck he is more of a lawrence speed dude and he wouldnt even have won the championship without j-mart going down. But everything could happen on a track he raced just weeks ago. That's Another things as well, why the f do they put des nations on a track one of the series just raced on!?, its retarded and its giving the americans a huge upper hand. For example the mxgp excluded matterly in the series last year and maggiora the year before...
I don't think anyone is denying that team USA has a pretty big advantage with the race being in the US. That being said it's not...
I don't think anyone is denying that team USA has a pretty big advantage with the race being in the US. That being said it's not as if the US is a stranger to doing well without the home field advantage. I seem to remember them nearly winning the event despite missing a rider just two years ago in Italy. And let's not forget it wasn't that long ago they had a pretty decent win streak going.

It's also funny how you're nearly writing off the event this year already because it's in the US and team USA's advantages because of that but it's all about the race next year in conditions that American riders hardly even have an opportunity to practice in? Hmmm...

I'm not American but your hatred for them is shining through clear as day here chief.
Its not hatred i love tomac and bagget and even tho i Think tomac and herlings are on the same level im just stating the obvious fact that the nationals rider by rider 2nd place to 30th against the gp's aint no comparison, the gp's is way deeper and even one of the best riders america have ever seen (rv2) have stated the same fact 2 Times the last 4 weeks so yeah ^^.

On the mxon topic im also stating the obvious - france and the us are the only 2 teams with all 3 riders being top 5 guys in the big series. Imagine a dutch team with like desalle, herlings and a top mx2 dude for example..
HusqFan3
8/27/2018 8:17pm
Im just pointing out difference in talent. Gajser won last races last year (injured himself before this season), anstie 2, desalle this year, and both febvre...
Im just pointing out difference in talent. Gajser won last races last year (injured himself before this season), anstie 2, desalle this year, and both febvre, Glenn and gautier have been on the podium this year. No matter how u choose to see it more ppl in the gp's have a chance to beat tc and jh any given day than there is guys being capable of beating tomac and mm without them 2 crashing out first in the nationals and almost anyone in the topp 18 in the gp's could break in to top 10 in the nationals. Norén is a living proof of that.
HusqFan3 wrote:
You’re completely missing the point. Go back and read my post again and try to let it sink in a little. If 30 different GP riders...
You’re completely missing the point. Go back and read my post again and try to let it sink in a little. If 30 different GP riders won races this year it proves absolutely nothing other than they’d be relatively equal in talent to other GP riders. You can’t use that to compare depth to a completely different series unless the wins have come directly against riders in that series. That would be like saying arenacross is deeper than supercross because 12 different riders win arenacross racers last year and only 4 won supercross.

Then again, if you were stupid enough to pose the argument in the first place it stands to reason you wouldn’t be intelligent enough to recognize how illogical and poorly constructed it is when pointed out to you so I’m going to stop wasting my time & energy. If you were going to get it you would have grasped it by now...
Wow that was just illogical ?. Everyone knows that both cairoli and herlings can go as fast as eli on equal terms any giving day. Sure...
Wow that was just illogical ?. Everyone knows that both cairoli and herlings can go as fast as eli on equal terms any giving day. Sure one of them 3 would probably having a bit of an advantage on some tracks but in whole they are eachothers equals. With that being said the fact that more riders in the gp's are closer to them in speed then ppl being close to tomac or mm in the nationals and more ppl having been on the podium and more ppl won against them the last 365 days it 100% can be directly translated to difference in depth and skill. Pls stop trying to defend the nationals and just watch a full season of the gp's and you will see what im talking about when i say that you cant compare 5-40th place in the nationals with 5th-30th place in the gp's. I can give u examples of riders doing way better in the states than the gp's who are europeans and aussies if i need to and even that should tell u something.
Haha. I have watched the entire season of the GP’s. Apparently you haven’t because you’re going on and on about the parity in the GP’s while being utterly oblivious to the fact Herlings has completely dominated going 1:1 95% of races he’s lined up at gate making it look easy in the process. I’m done replying to your idiotic, nonsensical posts. Anyone who states “apparently you didn’t here me” thus demonstrating an inability to correctly spell a common 4 letter word(hint: it’s spelled hear) I’m not interested in debating. have fun watching(or apparently not watching but commenting on) your GP’s.
8/28/2018 10:20am
Yes Herlings is great, but im sorry Musquin, Baggett, Barcia, Roczen, Anderson are all championship contenders. Meaning it is way harder to win races here in...
Yes Herlings is great, but im sorry Musquin, Baggett, Barcia, Roczen, Anderson are all championship contenders. Meaning it is way harder to win races here in the US if you fuck up at the start. Don't tell me Fevbre, Gasjer, Desalle, Paulin are legitimate contenders, they all had their moments when Herlings or Carioli were either injured or started from the back to later get looked like tier 2 riders, because they are tier 2 riders. Tomac has a way harder pace to deal with/more riders at top level, if he does not get off the gate good and has made it look relatively easy most of his career.

That being said Marvin, Tomac, Bagget, Barcia, Herlings, Carioli, Roczen, Anderson have all shown elite pace. Do the math, tell me which series is harder to dominate, and youll reconsider who the best in the world is. Herlings would be injured every season trying to make up for his mistakes in the US, his competition is overrated imo which doesn't take anything away from him, he can win races here. Just not so easily like hes doing now, Americans aren't afraid to put you on the floor/fight back, when you are arrogant and thats the difference
Wow ?
Rocket-Z
10/8/2018 3:08am
biscuit11 wrote:
Charlotte USGP was a track made only for that race. No home track advantage Eli still went 1-1. I remember clear as day the euros saying...
Charlotte USGP was a track made only for that race. No home track advantage Eli still went 1-1. I remember clear as day the euros saying next week next week a real track!! Glen Helen what happened? 1-1 again i still remember the anouncer on tv eating his words it was great. WW last year is only a couple thousand miles from where Eli is from. Neutral race and he wins his 5th moto in a row on the GP slugs before checking out for the offseason. But Cairolli gets compared speed wise to Eli. Its hillarious to me...
Hilarious indeed, how do you dare to compare Cairoli with Tomac Woohoo

Post a reply to: Tomac vs Herlings

The Latest