Tomac vs Herlings

Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 3:08am
It’s looking like tomac is out to prove he’s the best outdoor guy in the world, I don’t see herlings going 4 seconds a lap faster than anyone else. This years MXON is going to be insane
|
plowboy
5/20/2018 12:25pm
Yes, yes it will. All I can say is that from the videos I've seen of Herlings this year....it may be MORE than 4 seconds a lap. Apple's and oranges til they line up. Hope they both stay on the safe side of the razors edge they're on.
Prejump
5/20/2018 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2018 12:44pm
Well JH won the send moto today by over 20 secs, most the other top guys stayed locked together on a track which isnt known to separate the riders.

Having said that on his day Tomac could beat anyone, he has raw speed, but until he lines up at a world championship & is fastest at the end of a world series no matter what happens in a one off race Tomac will always be the lesser rider.
5/20/2018 12:44pm
The way Herlings is riding there's a possibility he might wrap up the championship at Switzerland on the 19th of August and Eli could we'll have by Budds Creek ............. Then Iron man 2 would be good to watch!!?
Or even better would be Eli going to the Netherlands!!?
Anything could happen before, we can all dream I suppose.
kb228
5/20/2018 12:47pm
They need to race the same series to compare. It is very impressive how tomac has that extra gear in his pocket. Shows hes matured enough to not have go go 100% to dominate everyone

The Shop

NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
5/20/2018 12:51pm
Dunno what you're watching but here is your 4 seconds.

plowboy
5/20/2018 12:53pm
Prejump wrote:
Well JH won the send moto today by over 20 secs, most the other top guys stayed locked together on a track which isnt known to...
Well JH won the send moto today by over 20 secs, most the other top guys stayed locked together on a track which isnt known to separate the riders.

Having said that on his day Tomac could beat anyone, he has raw speed, but until he lines up at a world championship & is fastest at the end of a world series no matter what happens in a one off race Tomac will always be the lesser rider.
Don't bring the hate about which series is best bro. Both have great tracks and riders. That's why the MXdN was created.
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/20/2018 12:55pm
Prejump wrote:
Well JH won the send moto today by over 20 secs, most the other top guys stayed locked together on a track which isnt known to...

plowboy wrote:
Don't bring the hate about which series is best bro. Both have great tracks and riders. That's why the MXdN was created.
Classic Prejump, always hating on the US series.
TDeath21
5/20/2018 12:59pm
In a series Herlings would wipe the floor with him. Wouldn’t even be a remotely close championship battle. At a US track Tomac knows really well and Herlings doesn’t have much track time on, Tomac has a slim chance to win.
5/20/2018 1:03pm
The way Herlings is riding there's a possibility he might wrap up the championship at Switzerland on the 19th of August and Eli could we'll have...
The way Herlings is riding there's a possibility he might wrap up the championship at Switzerland on the 19th of August and Eli could we'll have by Budds Creek ............. Then Iron man 2 would be good to watch!!?
Tomac come and ride a deep, nasty sand track in Herlings backyard? Never ever gonna happen.
5/20/2018 1:12pm
The way Herlings is riding there's a possibility he might wrap up the championship at Switzerland on the 19th of August and Eli could we'll have...
Tomac come and ride a deep, nasty sand track in Herlings backyard? Never ever gonna happen.
True, but it would be nice to see Tomac with no championship on the line to race Herlings at Iron Man , then repay the courtesy of travelling the pond to perhaps race somewhere in Europe then.
I guess it will never happen.Sad
5/20/2018 1:25pm
Both are studs. Could herlings do supercross as well as Tomac? Doubtful.....
Not now, he's never trained for it.
I think he's left it too late to do supercross .
5/20/2018 1:34pm
Like I said they are both awesome but how can you measure them both without bringing up SX. Herlings gets to train 24/7 365 days a year for outdoors. Tomac has to spend time on both disciplines. You guys decide what it’s worth.
Aryen
5/20/2018 1:37pm
Both on another level. If the likes of Cairoli, Gajser, Anderson and Musquin can’t keep up, you know there’s something special going on.
5/20/2018 1:44pm
It’s looking like tomac is out to prove he’s the best outdoor guy in the world, I don’t see herlings going 4 seconds a lap faster...
It’s looking like tomac is out to prove he’s the best outdoor guy in the world, I don’t see herlings going 4 seconds a lap faster than anyone else. This years MXON is going to be insane
and thats not just one fast lap , he did 12 laps where he was 4 sec a lap faster as anyone else.
5/20/2018 1:47pm
Like I said they are both awesome but how can you measure them both without bringing up SX. Herlings gets to train 24/7 365 days a...
Like I said they are both awesome but how can you measure them both without bringing up SX. Herlings gets to train 24/7 365 days a year for outdoors. Tomac has to spend time on both disciplines. You guys decide what it’s worth.
Because we're talking about MX. I don't know why SX is always brought up in the conversation.
5/20/2018 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2018 1:58pm
Like I said they are both awesome but how can you measure them both without bringing up SX. Herlings gets to train 24/7 365 days a...
its worth nothing , SX is a USA only thing ...like american football. MX is worldwide , there is only one worldchampionship MX . as far as MX goes , thats the title you want if youre a MX rider .

Tomac just won the first race of a series , lets see how he does coming races
pete24
5/20/2018 2:00pm
anderson claims he wants on des nations team real bad, im a tomac fan but id tell him to suk it after bailing last year
plowboy
5/20/2018 2:10pm
its worth nothing , SX is a USA only thing ...like american football. MX is worldwide , there is only one worldchampionship MX . as far...
its worth nothing , SX is a USA only thing ...like american football. MX is worldwide , there is only one worldchampionship MX . as far as MX goes , thats the title you want if youre a MX rider .

This is just guess but if Americans could make more money in Europe they'd be there....and vice-versa.
sclark309d
Fantasy
1944th
5/20/2018 2:10pm
its worth nothing , SX is a USA only thing ...like american football. MX is worldwide , there is only one worldchampionship MX . as far...

"just" ?

yeah - because being the current national champion doesn't prove anything.
5/20/2018 2:15pm
There use to be a time that SX was the reason for riders being better at Motocross , but not now?
I do agree though, getting off a bike with one set up and then on to another with different training.
5/20/2018 2:20pm
Because we're talking about MX. I don't know why SX is always brought up in the conversation.
Guess you didn’t read my post. It’s brought up because Tomac doesn’t have 24/7 365 days a year to train for a specific type of skill. But carry on.
chump6784
5/20/2018 2:29pm
You have to bring up supercross because Tomac spends half the year training for and racing supercross. Herlings on the other hand focuses soley on motocross.
With the current setup it is impossible to compare the two. The only way they could be compared would be if Tomac went and raced the gp's one year and then the following year Herlings races the supercross and ama outdoors series. At the end of the two years see who has the better overall finishes for all series. That will never happen and this argument will go on forever
5/20/2018 2:30pm
sclark309d wrote:
"just" ?

yeah - because being the current national champion doesn't prove anything.
yesterday ...better ??
DP#201
5/20/2018 2:30pm
There use to be a time that SX was the reason for riders being better at Motocross , but not now? I do agree though, getting...
There use to be a time that SX was the reason for riders being better at Motocross , but not now?
I do agree though, getting off a bike with one set up and then on to another with different training.
Its kind of funny.. I thought diversity made for better training, and for 7-8 years ago SX was the reason the ama guys where better. Now Its the opposite!

Give the GP’s and JH the credit they deserve, they are by far the top best right now, and have been for years. The AMA field are depleated, KROC wouldent have made top 15 had he raced in Germany today..
5/20/2018 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2018 2:34pm
Guess you didn’t read my post. It’s brought up because Tomac doesn’t have 24/7 365 days a year to train for a specific type of skill...
Guess you didn’t read my post. It’s brought up because Tomac doesn’t have 24/7 365 days a year to train for a specific type of skill. But carry on.
If Tomac trained 24/7 365 days a year for MX, he would be faster than Herlings. OK I get it, Happy now?
TXDirt
5/20/2018 2:34pm
TDeath21 wrote:
In a series Herlings would wipe the floor with him. Wouldn’t even be a remotely close championship battle. At a US track Tomac knows really well...
In a series Herlings would wipe the floor with him. Wouldn’t even be a remotely close championship battle. At a US track Tomac knows really well and Herlings doesn’t have much track time on, Tomac has a slim chance to win.
I was thinking Saturday watching Tomac and Marvin battle a bit, that Herlings likely would have stomped them both pretty easily.
5/20/2018 2:38pm
There use to be a time that SX was the reason for riders being better at Motocross , but not now? I do agree though, getting...
DP#201 wrote:
Its kind of funny.. I thought diversity made for better training, and for 7-8 years ago SX was the reason the ama guys where better. Now...
Its kind of funny.. I thought diversity made for better training, and for 7-8 years ago SX was the reason the ama guys where better. Now Its the opposite!

Give the GP’s and JH the credit they deserve, they are by far the top best right now, and have been for years. The AMA field are depleated, KROC wouldent have made top 15 had he raced in Germany today..
Bud, first off the bullet is one of if not
My favorite rider to watch. all I’m saying is if you trained for “American football” for 8 months then had to play “European football” of course he’s not going to be up to par with herlings first race out. Let’s see what happens at mxdn. I also think
Your wrong about kenny but that’s what makes bench racing fun.
ATKpilot99
5/20/2018 2:47pm
Not that he's interested in doing it...I think he wants to smash all World Motocross Championship records, but if Herlings wanted to train for Supercross I don't think it's too late at all. In fact I think he would be a front runner very quickly.

Post a reply to: Tomac vs Herlings

The Latest