Tomac truly is a head case!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2017 11:43 AM

Dude just isn't mentally tough enough IMO. Kind of glad he's not going to MXDN at this rate. I've been cheering for him, but he's a disappointment in my book. Not even sure that he'll actually win this title at this point.

|

8/12/2017 11:46 AM

That didn't take long.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

8/12/2017 11:48 AM

Gotta agree, I remember Baggett saying it doesn't matter how long you have the red plate as long as you have it at the end and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Tomac blows this and what Baggett said ends up ringing true.

|

8/12/2017 11:50 AM

GD2 wrote:

That didn't take long.

Keyboard warriors

|

8/12/2017 11:53 AM

Definitely mentally weak. But even still, we'd all trade places with him in a heartbeat.

|

8/12/2017 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2017 11:57 AM

GD2 wrote:

That didn't take long.

Actually it did. I've been thinking this of him since he spit the bit during the supercross season, but I wanted to get behind him because he's seems like a nice guy. IMO, this is who he is. His destruction of the field the first couple of rounds of the 2015 season to me was because there was absolutely no pressure on him. I just don't think the dude can handle pressure.

|

8/12/2017 11:57 AM

GD2 wrote:

That didn't take long.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

Actually it did. I've been thinking this of him since he spit the bit during the supercross season, but I wanted to get behind him because he's seems like a nice guy. IMO, this is who he is. His destruction of the field the first couple of rounds of the 2015 season to me was because there was absolutely no pressure on him. I just don't think the dude can handle pressure.

Hope your not a Browns or Lions fan

|

8/12/2017 11:58 AM

I don't think pressure had anything to do with it. Track was an ice skating rink. A smart dude " wouldn't " push it on that. A smart dude protects his points by just finishing the race. He'll make these points back up in the last two rounds....watch.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/12/2017 12:01 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't think pressure had anything to do with it. Track was an ice skating rink. A smart dude " wouldn't " push it on that. A smart dude protects his points by just finishing the race. He'll make these points back up in the last two rounds....watch.

I hope you're right as I am pulling for him to do so. I have my doubts though. It's becoming a pattern with him.

|

8/12/2017 12:04 PM

GD2 wrote:

That didn't take long.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

Actually it did. I've been thinking this of him since he spit the bit during the supercross season, but I wanted to get behind him because he's seems like a nice guy. IMO, this is who he is. His destruction of the field the first couple of rounds of the 2015 season to me was because there was absolutely no pressure on him. I just don't think the dude can handle pressure.

Old-Man wrote:

Hope your not a Browns or Lions fan

I'm definitely not Old-Man, but thanks for your concern.

|

8/12/2017 12:06 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't think pressure had anything to do with it. Track was an ice skating rink. A smart dude " wouldn't " push it on that. A smart dude protects his points by just finishing the race. He'll make these points back up in the last two rounds....watch.

Hope so... My crew and I will be at Budds yet again next weekend. I don't think Tomac has an overall there, so it'd be great to see him fly.

|

.

8/12/2017 12:06 PM

So when does Marvin pull over for Blake? Less than 10 points between Blake and Eli? Eli and team would have an f'n meltdown!

|

8/12/2017 12:06 PM

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

I hope you're right as I am pulling for him to do so. I have my doubts though. It's becoming a pattern with him.

What pattern exactly? Please list all the instances that make this a pattern.

|

8/12/2017 12:07 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't think pressure had anything to do with it. Track was an ice skating rink. A smart dude " wouldn't " push it on that. A smart dude protects his points by just finishing the race. He'll make these points back up in the last two rounds....watch.

Smart champions settle for a 2nd when the win is not in easy grasp. 10th is called choking.

|

8/12/2017 12:12 PM

Maybe Tomac needs some time off.....

|

8/12/2017 12:13 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't think pressure had anything to do with it. Track was an ice skating rink. A smart dude " wouldn't " push it on that. A smart dude protects his points by just finishing the race. He'll make these points back up in the last two rounds....watch.

TogaSet wrote:

Smart champions settle for a 2nd when the win is not in easy grasp. 10th is called choking.

Smart champions move through the field if they can and don't push it in the mud where nearly everyone almost went down.

|

8/12/2017 12:14 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I don't think pressure had anything to do with it. Track was an ice skating rink. A smart dude " wouldn't " push it on that. A smart dude protects his points by just finishing the race. He'll make these points back up in the last two rounds....watch.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

I hope you're right as I am pulling for him to do so. I have my doubts though. It's becoming a pattern with him.

Dan-The-Man wrote:

What pattern exactly? Please list all the instances that make this a pattern.

You serious Clark?

|

8/12/2017 12:16 PM

Ted722 wrote:

So when does Marvin pull over for Blake? Less than 10 points between Blake and Eli? Eli and team would have an f'n meltdown!

Your math is not very good....
21 points as of right now.

|

8/12/2017 12:18 PM

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

I hope you're right as I am pulling for him to do so. I have my doubts though. It's becoming a pattern with him.

Dan-The-Man wrote:

What pattern exactly? Please list all the instances that make this a pattern.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

You serious Clark?

Yea I'm dead serious. List it. Lets see it. Shouldn't be hard to point out this pattern you speak of.

|

8/12/2017 12:24 PM

Ted722 wrote:

So when does Marvin pull over for Blake? Less than 10 points between Blake and Eli? Eli and team would have an f'n meltdown!

langhammx wrote:

Your math is not very good....
21 points as of right now.

Your reading comprehension is not very good...

|

8/12/2017 12:24 PM

Ted722 wrote:

So when does Marvin pull over for Blake? Less than 10 points between Blake and Eli? Eli and team would have an f'n meltdown!

Why would MarVin move over when he has it down to 40 points with 5 moto's left ??

|

8/12/2017 12:26 PM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

What pattern exactly? Please list all the instances that make this a pattern.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

You serious Clark?

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Yea I'm dead serious. List it. Lets see it. Shouldn't be hard to point out this pattern you speak of.

I will list a few that come to mind Mr. Tomac, if you promise not to take it so personally.

|

8/12/2017 12:52 PM

Some people need a static 127.0.0.1 ..... at least wait for the races to end before you declare one of the fastest riders on the planet a "head case"

|

8/12/2017 12:54 PM

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

You serious Clark?

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Yea I'm dead serious. List it. Lets see it. Shouldn't be hard to point out this pattern you speak of.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

I will list a few that come to mind Mr. Tomac, if you promise not to take it so personally.

Far from Mr. Tomac. I had a feeling you couldn't list your pattern.

|

8/12/2017 12:59 PM

This racing thing is a meat grinder.

|

8/12/2017 1:24 PM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Yea I'm dead serious. List it. Lets see it. Shouldn't be hard to point out this pattern you speak of.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

I will list a few that come to mind Mr. Tomac, if you promise not to take it so personally.

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Far from Mr. Tomac. I had a feeling you couldn't list your pattern.

Unfortunately, for Eli, evidence is plentiful.

|

8/12/2017 1:24 PM

Lonestar_399 wrote:

This racing thing is a meat grinder.

If anything (and not to suggest that Tomac was in any way unsympathetic), this is a good taste of the hysteria crap Dungey had to put up with last SX season...

|

8/12/2017 1:41 PM

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

I will list a few that come to mind Mr. Tomac, if you promise not to take it so personally.

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Far from Mr. Tomac. I had a feeling you couldn't list your pattern.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

Unfortunately, for Eli, evidence is plentiful.

It actually isn't and that is why you have nothing. Let me help you.

1. Tomac has brake failure but still gets points in Detroit. Wins many main events.
2. Tomac crashes and gets up slow and finished in 8th. Yes he could have gotten up faster.
3. Tomac shows up at Unadilla gets a 10th place start. Moves up to 8th almost gets into 7th... looks like he has a problem and drops to 10th. Gains points and minimizes the damage by not pushing in shit conditions.

You claim pattern of being a head case. Let's hear what I'm missing. This is coming from a guy that doesn't care if Tomac wins the championship or not.

|

8/12/2017 1:43 PM

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

Dude just isn't mentally tough enough IMO. Kind of glad he's not going to MXDN at this rate. I've been cheering for him, but he's a disappointment in my book. Not even sure that he'll actually win this title at this point.

What a fucking dumbass! No one gets to where he is if they are not mentally tough.

|

8/12/2017 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2017 1:53 PM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Yea I'm dead serious. List it. Lets see it. Shouldn't be hard to point out this pattern you speak of.

HistoryRocks007 wrote:

I will list a few that come to mind Mr. Tomac, if you promise not to take it so personally.

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Far from Mr. Tomac. I had a feeling you couldn't list your pattern.

I'd say his wildly erratic finishes this year at Thunder Valley and High Point after being so dominant at Hang Town is a microcosm of his history. He can't run away from competitors that he's supposed to be so much faster than. And today's 10th-place finish was discouraging in my book. I mean he went backwards while Marvin and Blake were going forward. So there's that example. Don't give me the mudder excuse. Everyone was riding the same track. For someone that's supposed to be the fastest rider on the planet, he throws out the anchor more than any others I've seen.
And then there's the absolute choke in New Jersey this year when he had the red plate. I've never seen some one so fast throw it away like that. If you can't see that as a choke, then so be it. But his complete mediocrity during that weekend was baffling. Did they ever even explain why he was so bad that night? I say it was the pressure.
I also remember when he was in the thick of a 250 supercross battle with Roczen in 2013, he couldn't even get through the whoops in the main. Do you remember that? I've never seen a top-flight rider look so bad. I remember being embarrassed for him. I think he lost the title that year didn't he? I don't know. But that was one of the biggest choke jobs I've ever seen. And remember, earlier that night, he went through the whoops just fine in the qualifying stages. When the chips were down, he gagged. Do you remember any of this Old-Man because I promise I'm not making it up.
And there was that time at the MXDN maybe in 2014 or so where he was marching through the field in the MX2 class and threw it all away with a major get off. I think it cost the U.S. the title that year didn't it?
And didn't he throw away a 250 title to Baggett before because of his numerous get offs? I think he did. He's just not the toughest mentally I've ever seen. That was my point. Like I said, I'm cheering for him but I just don't think he's gonna go down as a great racer because of his give-aways.

|