Tomac to Yamaha?

JHForman
5/5/2021 5:25pm
I think Yamaha sees someone who can help them get DF14 to the top step. Tomac would be an amazing mentor to a young and upcomer DF14 will definitely win a championship or 2 IMO
yz133rider
5/5/2021 5:28pm
JHForman wrote:
I think Yamaha sees someone who can help them get DF14 to the top step. Tomac would be an amazing mentor to a young and upcomer...
I think Yamaha sees someone who can help them get DF14 to the top step. Tomac would be an amazing mentor to a young and upcomer DF14 will definitely win a championship or 2 IMO
I don’t think tomac does much mentoring to his teammates...these guys are all there for themselves, df14 has dv12 in his corner anyway...
CKNY
5/5/2021 5:30pm
JHForman wrote:
I think Yamaha sees someone who can help them get DF14 to the top step. Tomac would be an amazing mentor to a young and upcomer...
Tomac is not the mentoring type. No team sport with him. He does his own shit.
PRM31
5/5/2021 5:37pm
Maybe Dylan wants to move to CO and go elk hunting?

The Shop

JHForman
5/5/2021 5:42pm
JHForman wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
I don’t think tomac does much mentoring to his teammates...these guys are all there for themselves, df14 has dv12 in his corner anyway...
Both you and CKNY could be correct, but it could be part of the deal too, maybe Yamaha offered a lot of money to come help? DV12 is an amazing mentor also, both these guys could help DF14 reach the next level. DF14 has for sure shown he has the talent and speed to be at the front I can’t wait to see him, sexton, and AC battle it out. I think sexton is gonna be the next big thing though. In my eyes(I know he didn’t finish better in points), but he’s already better than roczen, he’s so smooth on the bike another year or 2 and he’s gonna be the guy along with Dylan. I love ac but he seems to take a lot of soil samples .
thorns
5/5/2021 6:16pm
Yamaha would be better hiring Mike or Tony Alessi if they want to help Dylan. If he keeps getting starts outside the top 10 every race, he's not winning races and championships in the 450 class.
MKMX
5/5/2021 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2021 6:48pm
Could it be that, if true that Yamaha and ET3 have signed on the dotted line, they offered a better package more suited to Tomac’s plans after racing, they’ve offered something after he hangs up the boots that Kawasaki wouldn’t? Just spit-balling here.
FeetUp
5/5/2021 6:53pm
JHForman wrote:
interesting take... I think a lot of people had similar thoughts when Cooper and Reed were teamed together at Yamaha.
D.K.O.N.
Fantasy
2512th
5/5/2021 6:53pm
Could this all be speculation and not true? Feels like yes.
outerlimits
5/5/2021 6:59pm
JHForman wrote:
FeetUp wrote:
interesting take... I think a lot of people had similar thoughts when Cooper and Reed were teamed together at Yamaha.
There were some weird comments made by Reed that he was "not allowed" to offer assistance to Webb. It's hard to say whether any of that was true or that he never felt it was his job to teach the youngster the ropes. Yamaha seemed to have had a very rigid team during those years so I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility.
RMT
5/5/2021 7:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So, what did you hear?
Whatever he heard, I’d trust it.
stremme12 wrote:
I don't think anyone is doubting credibility here. Why come on a forum and tell people how wrong they are and add zero information. Why not...
I don't think anyone is doubting credibility here. Why come on a forum and tell people how wrong they are and add zero information. Why not just take the high road and be quiet like all the other insiders that read these forums. It's just an ego thing it seems like for a few members. They have to let people know they know more than you but provide nothing.
They don’t know more than you though. The guys you’re talking about can’t keep anything quiet so posts like the first one above are just an ego circle jerk.

I think the guy lives in Kansas or something. You know the hotbed of factory MX.

Different subject, but the 2022 YZ450 is not going to be all new. You can fact check me in July.
yzf162
5/5/2021 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2021 7:11pm
JHForman wrote:
FeetUp wrote:
There were some weird comments made by Reed that he was "not allowed" to offer assistance to Webb. It's hard to say whether any of that...
There were some weird comments made by Reed that he was "not allowed" to offer assistance to Webb. It's hard to say whether any of that was true or that he never felt it was his job to teach the youngster the ropes. Yamaha seemed to have had a very rigid team during those years so I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility.
Completely true with Reed. Sadly. Also as far as the OP for what it's worth no one that i know that would know particularly from yam is saying anything. No text or calls back. That's odd to me. Normally I at the very least get a yes no maybe so... But it wouldn't surprise me yamaha needs some 450 wins indoors and outdoors they don't need the title but they need some win(s)
Good races from the star boys is great but they sorely need and want wins to shake the stigma on the 450. That i have been told earlier this year.
Ted722
5/5/2021 7:16pm
D.K.O.N. wrote:
Could this all be speculation and not true? Feels like yes.
It's not just me?. Wink

3 plus weeks 'til the next gate drop. Surely generates a lot of clicks and eyeballs, but (look at it this way), makes the time go by quicker. Yes, tinfoil hat firmly affixed.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/5/2021 7:27pm
Boy Eli gets worn out hammering a couple fence post, how is he going to handle throwing that blue pig around for an entire moto?? Tongue
outerlimits
5/5/2021 7:47pm
I don't think we'll hear anything official for quite some time. The rumors of Roczen to Honda were running for months before they could ever announce anything. Oct 1 maybe?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/5/2021 7:47pm
MKMX wrote:
Could it be that, if true that Yamaha and ET3 have signed on the dotted line, they offered a better package more suited to Tomac’s plans...
Could it be that, if true that Yamaha and ET3 have signed on the dotted line, they offered a better package more suited to Tomac’s plans after racing, they’ve offered something after he hangs up the boots that Kawasaki wouldn’t? Just spit-balling here.
All he needs is a new SxS and they both make them.

Retires and becomes a caveman on his ranch.

Just my guess. Grinning
MikeID
5/5/2021 7:53pm
FeetUp wrote:
There were some weird comments made by Reed that he was "not allowed" to offer assistance to Webb. It's hard to say whether any of that...
yzf162 wrote:
Completely true with Reed. Sadly. Also as far as the OP for what it's worth no one that i know that would know particularly from yam...
Completely true with Reed. Sadly. Also as far as the OP for what it's worth no one that i know that would know particularly from yam is saying anything. No text or calls back. That's odd to me. Normally I at the very least get a yes no maybe so... But it wouldn't surprise me yamaha needs some 450 wins indoors and outdoors they don't need the title but they need some win(s)
Good races from the star boys is great but they sorely need and want wins to shake the stigma on the 450. That i have been told earlier this year.
I could see that Yamaha would at least want wins, all the posts about Eli in the tail end of his career not withstanding, I’d like to think that regardless of if this rumor is true or not, he would be in the mix for the title.
SilverSpurs
5/5/2021 8:08pm
BS12 wrote:
Absolute amateur input here based only what we see on TV week to week: Eli's riding style is letting it all hang out, blowing berms out...
Absolute amateur input here based only what we see on TV week to week: Eli's riding style is letting it all hang out, blowing berms out etc, which with the seemingly tighter and tighter SX tracks every year, is appearing to be a bit of a down fall (clearly not as much as his starts) while Cooper is able to continually stop and turn on a dime, and make the track as short as possible. Would moving to a bike that's generally considered "big" be a smart move, or is that just a general stereotype from years past?

(By the way, Tomac on a Star 250 would be absolutely unreal to watch).
As Jett hoses him?
Too much to lose bro.
Timo
5/5/2021 8:17pm
Sounds like the star 250 guys ride 450's for outdoor training. I'm guessing that Eli has ridden it back to back with his Kawi if JMart has been in Colorado.
Sully
5/5/2021 8:18pm
MKMX wrote:
Could it be that, if true that Yamaha and ET3 have signed on the dotted line, they offered a better package more suited to Tomac’s plans...
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Just my guess. Grinning
Yeah, he's definitely not someone I see sticking around the industry after he retires.
PBRvince
Fantasy
1960th
5/5/2021 8:24pm
BS12 wrote:
Absolute amateur input here based only what we see on TV week to week: Eli's riding style is letting it all hang out, blowing berms out...
Absolute amateur input here based only what we see on TV week to week: Eli's riding style is letting it all hang out, blowing berms out etc, which with the seemingly tighter and tighter SX tracks every year, is appearing to be a bit of a down fall (clearly not as much as his starts) while Cooper is able to continually stop and turn on a dime, and make the track as short as possible. Would moving to a bike that's generally considered "big" be a smart move, or is that just a general stereotype from years past?

(By the way, Tomac on a Star 250 would be absolutely unreal to watch).
As Jett hoses him?
Too much to lose bro.
He wouldn’t get hosed by Jett, and Jett would probably cry afterwards.
yzf162
5/5/2021 8:31pm
MikeID wrote:
I could see that Yamaha would at least want wins, all the posts about Eli in the tail end of his career not withstanding, I’d like...
I could see that Yamaha would at least want wins, all the posts about Eli in the tail end of his career not withstanding, I’d like to think that regardless of if this rumor is true or not, he would be in the mix for the title.
I fully believe he is as much a title favorite outdoors on a yz as the kx. Indoors i would say he will be in contention at the least. Who knows maybe he love the bike and dominates.
brocster
5/5/2021 8:31pm
MKMX wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Just my guess. Grinning
Sully wrote:
Yeah, he's definitely not someone I see sticking around the industry after he retires.
Yes, very Larry Ward ish
yurcho44
5/5/2021 8:37pm

AC linked to Star Yamaha as well 😳
Hcallz5
5/5/2021 8:54pm
Considering all 3 Yami 450 riders got a podium this year in SX I think it's safe to say they've found something that works on the bike. Not to mention they probably have learned a thing or two about bike setup having 2x 250 titles this year. I wouldn't say the Yami is the worst option anymore.

Is Yamaha #2 in sales behind KTM? They have to be with how many of their 250's you see around.
5/5/2021 8:59pm
Radical wrote:
If Forkner is moving up next year for outdoors, then it's a good move for Kawi. He's already said that he's racing 250 for SX 2022...
If Forkner is moving up next year for outdoors, then it's a good move for Kawi.
He's already said that he's racing 250 for SX 2022.
Forkner + Cianciarulo is a good team.

A change of scenery is probably good for Tomac too.
Funny how it's a given Forkner is going to get a Factory Kawi ride when he hasn't won anything yet
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
5/5/2021 9:00pm
Jason Anderson going to Yamaha .

AP7 is going to GasGas which leaves a spot open.....and I cant see Tomac swopping Teams but who knows??
outerlimits
5/5/2021 9:04pm
Timo wrote:
Sounds like the star 250 guys ride 450's for outdoor training. I'm guessing that Eli has ridden it back to back with his Kawi if JMart...
Sounds like the star 250 guys ride 450's for outdoor training. I'm guessing that Eli has ridden it back to back with his Kawi if JMart has been in Colorado.
Difficult to say because I don't think JMart started riding with him in Colorado until he moved on to Geico Honda. I suppose JMart could have had a YZ450 out there at his ranch since then, but it seems like he's been training mostly for supercross here in CA since moving back in with Star. Anyone know if JMart has been back on the bike lately?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/5/2021 9:34pm
Difficult to say because I don't think JMart started riding with him in Colorado until he moved on to Geico Honda. I suppose JMart could have...
Difficult to say because I don't think JMart started riding with him in Colorado until he moved on to Geico Honda. I suppose JMart could have had a YZ450 out there at his ranch since then, but it seems like he's been training mostly for supercross here in CA since moving back in with Star. Anyone know if JMart has been back on the bike lately?
Was back on the bike last month.
Timo
5/5/2021 9:43pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Considering all 3 Yami 450 riders got a podium this year in SX I think it's safe to say they've found something that works on the...
Considering all 3 Yami 450 riders got a podium this year in SX I think it's safe to say they've found something that works on the bike. Not to mention they probably have learned a thing or two about bike setup having 2x 250 titles this year. I wouldn't say the Yami is the worst option anymore.

Is Yamaha #2 in sales behind KTM? They have to be with how many of their 250's you see around.
In another thread someone had the sales figures, Yamaha has the best selling 450F and the YZ250F is the best selling competition bike in the US.

Post a reply to: Tomac to Yamaha?

The Latest