Tomac style

dustmx
Fantasy
1751st
Tomac standing up a lot, it reminds me of Everts in the gp’s
Many other different features as he is more hunched over but really good balance
|
SwingHard
5/19/2018 5:27pm
Im out at Hangtown with my teenage son who is not really into Moto,Football & Baseball are his sports. So he comments on Eli during Moto1,it doesn't even look like he's riding hard. The other guys,pointing out Musquin & Barcia,there climbing all over there bikes bouncing all over,lol! His comment during Moto 2, this dude (Eli)is just bigger,stronger & more athletic than the other dudes!
PRM31
5/19/2018 6:52pm
He looks a lot like Herlings to me. Body position anyway.

The Shop

H4L
5/19/2018 6:57pm
Poetry in motion.. The dude is without a doubt graceful on a bike when he's on. If he can get his mental game on he would be virtually unbeatable IMHO..
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/19/2018 7:09pm
PRM31 wrote:
He looks a lot like Herlings to me. Body position anyway.
I think Tomac and Herlings look very similar on the bike as well. Both have awesome style.
Doddy
5/19/2018 7:12pm
H4L wrote:
Poetry in motion.. The dude is without a doubt graceful on a bike when he's on. If he can get his mental game on he would...
Poetry in motion.. The dude is without a doubt graceful on a bike when he's on. If he can get his mental game on he would be virtually unbeatable IMHO..
I think his mental game got a good boost after getting dropped by Moosecan. He seems to be a little more fired up. A healthy Roczen does seem like his kryptonite though.
milliebays
5/19/2018 7:26pm
he was simply bossing the bike around through the uphill whoop section. incredible to watch. as was JA21 who was the epitome of efficiency there. tomac is a beast though.
H4L
5/19/2018 7:26pm
Doddy wrote:
I think his mental game got a good boost after getting dropped by Moosecan. He seems to be a little more fired up. A healthy Roczen...
I think his mental game got a good boost after getting dropped by Moosecan. He seems to be a little more fired up. A healthy Roczen does seem like his kryptonite though.
ET had KR94 covered in the 250's & 450 in 2015 on the Hondas. He didn't seem comfortable on the kawi his 1st year in 2016 when KR94 was on. Seems like they've found some settings he likes on the Kawi now & is able to rip like he did a couple of yrs. back.
trav389
5/19/2018 8:26pm
Today was a prime example of why I’m a massive fan of his. I endure the weird moments and silly crashes because he gives us performances like today when things go well. Absolute poetry in motion and riding a 450 like only a couple of people in the world can
RJMX834
5/19/2018 9:32pm
trav389 wrote:
Today was a prime example of why I’m a massive fan of his. I endure the weird moments and silly crashes because he gives us performances...
Today was a prime example of why I’m a massive fan of his. I endure the weird moments and silly crashes because he gives us performances like today when things go well. Absolute poetry in motion and riding a 450 like only a couple of people in the world can
+1 the rewards of being a fan of his out weigh his deficiencies and mistakes. Today was a riding performance most will always remember. When he's on, he's on.
dirtmike86
5/19/2018 10:11pm
After he layed it over i just sighed and put my hands on my head. I almost hit fast forward but decided ill just finish it out and man was i glad. That was fun to watch.
5/19/2018 10:18pm
I thought Osbourne showed a few Eli-esque "next level shit not meant for mortals" moves today
bvm111
5/19/2018 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2018 10:20pm
I always tell my wife, just look at the amount of roost coming off his rear tire compared to everybody else... she actually for once understood what I was talking about.

It’s like he is just on the gas everywhere and harder than the other guys... pretty bad ass
Rdubs19
5/19/2018 10:23pm
SwingHard wrote:
Im out at Hangtown with my teenage son who is not really into Moto,Football & Baseball are his sports. So he comments on Eli during Moto1,it...
Im out at Hangtown with my teenage son who is not really into Moto,Football & Baseball are his sports. So he comments on Eli during Moto1,it doesn't even look like he's riding hard. The other guys,pointing out Musquin & Barcia,there climbing all over there bikes bouncing all over,lol! His comment during Moto 2, this dude (Eli)is just bigger,stronger & more athletic than the other dudes!
That's pretty funny cause I thought the exact opposite of your son today, ie, that if someone unfamiliar with the sport were watching this they could instantly tell that Tomac was charging and going for it way harder than anyone else. Funny that the exact opposite is the case.
ledger
5/19/2018 10:52pm
H4L wrote:
Poetry in motion.. The dude is without a doubt graceful on a bike when he's on. If he can get his mental game on he would...
Copy that ! I would rewind and just watch how graceful Eli can be. He also seemed to be more patient to make a pass.
VasageXx
5/20/2018 4:09am
Wow an Eli thread without idiot's bashing him constantly and crying about him, i'am shocked, but i've been saying it forever now how graceful he is on a bike, him and Jeffrey do thing's other guys don't, they both have that hunched over aggressive standing style on the bike, and their corner speed and the way they pick the front end up. Still ALOT of racing left I just hope they both stay safe to the end but Eli is coming out strong like a champ running a # 1 should cause when he's on his game it is a sight to behold and is on another level period.
Ted722
5/20/2018 2:36pm
I thought Osbourne showed a few Eli-esque "next level shit not meant for mortals" moves today
Said the exact thing to a friend when we were leaving yesterday. They left no doubt to anyone watching they were on another level, but Eli's was the pinnacle. Good to see the reigning champs go 4-0 yesterday.
jeffro503
5/20/2018 2:45pm
Man......I dunno , but Tomac's style and Herling's style to me....don't look anything a like. Both styles obviously work well , but that's about as close of a comparison there is.

Eli really doesn't look that smooth to me.....more like controlled anger / beast mode / stretching the throttle cables and pure aggression.

Herlings to me looks precise , 99% in control but just a tick away from losing it at times ( as does Eli ) But.....mostly smooth and carries a lot of momentum. He's a lot more gentle with the throttle then Eli is too.

And honestly......depending on the track , it would be a crap shoot on who would win. One thing is for sure , they are both ruling their own series.
5/20/2018 3:33pm
Every time the camera is on Eli's bike it sounds like a demon from hell?
Ray_MXS
5/21/2018 4:31am
WCRider wrote:
https://youtu.be/tEy6ROQk-1U?t=946

That corner, Everts Style.
Yeah I had big Everts flashback when I saw that Tongue
Also Herlings stands up so much more than the average GP racer.
Its very graceful to watch these guys go so fast while standing. The balance is incredible.

So we can all agree on that alot of the all time greats stands up alot but I seem to remember another pretty fast little dude that sat down ALOT and still did decently *cough*RC*cough*

jonesaustin
5/21/2018 4:54am
His style looks like someone who spent the vast majority of his early life mountain biking.
hellion
5/21/2018 5:01am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 5:02am
WCRider wrote:
https://youtu.be/tEy6ROQk-1U?t=946

That corner, Everts Style.
Ray_MXS wrote:
Yeah I had big Everts flashback when I saw that :P Also Herlings stands up so much more than the average GP racer. Its very graceful...
Yeah I had big Everts flashback when I saw that Tongue
Also Herlings stands up so much more than the average GP racer.
Its very graceful to watch these guys go so fast while standing. The balance is incredible.

So we can all agree on that alot of the all time greats stands up alot but I seem to remember another pretty fast little dude that sat down ALOT and still did decently *cough*RC*cough*

RC was standing too, you just couldn’t tell ; )
JB 19
5/21/2018 5:09am
Standing more is the hidden-in-plain-sight key to speed on a motocross track.
Exactly.

For what it's worth about Herlings ....Jeffrey seems to flow through the corners in a high gear. Doesn't slow down as much as the other guys, more road race style.
Tomac kind of sets up and then attacks the corner. I think Herlings method allows for more speed. They are both complete animals in the rough stuff, just plowing through whatever is in front of them.

early
Fantasy
2231st
5/21/2018 5:14am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 5:30am
His style looks like someone who spent the vast majority of his early life mountain biking.
This, he looks like Aaron Gwin going thru a rock garden, just pick a line and let the bike move under him to get thru it.
Mx Wildcat
5/21/2018 5:32am
I was talking to my sons about this earlier. Tomac looks like he in attack mode all the time. Head over the front, crouched over the bike, using the throttle to steer. Then my oldest son said, "Dad, if you watch professional mountain bike racers and how they are crouched over their bikes, that's how Eli rides his 450." I thought it was a good observation.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
5/21/2018 5:56am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 6:03am
I think ET is more beautiful to watch than Jeffrey imo (Subjective i know). Jeffrey looks more heavy and big on the bike. More often sitting on the bike with flat foot's on the pegs. He is more brutal than ET being a little less powerful. He ride a little bit more with the top of his body. I dont like his personnality, watch guys you pass is arrogant and idiot.

ET looks more straight on the bike, more rigid, he ride a lot whit his legs, squezze the bike a lot between his knees tiptoes on the pegs (Typical Everts Skill) to get a better traction, a good precision, more grip and to be able to cut the lines more easily but yeah both have similtudes.

Logically, both fit, ET will beat Jeffrey at Redbud at 99.99%. Even in the sand I think Eli can beat him.

Eli is better imo. The better lap time at WWranch come from ET. A burned ET vs a fresh and on fire Herlings.

Sry for my bad english like always Tongue
Ray_MXS
5/21/2018 5:59am
WCRider wrote:
I think ET is more beautiful to watch than Jeffrey imo (Subjective i know). Jeffrey looks more heavy and big on the bike. More often sitting...
I think ET is more beautiful to watch than Jeffrey imo (Subjective i know). Jeffrey looks more heavy and big on the bike. More often sitting on the bike with flat foot's on the pegs. He is more brutal than ET being a little less powerful. He ride a little bit more with the top of his body. I dont like his personnality, watch guys you pass is arrogant and idiot.

ET looks more straight on the bike, more rigid, he ride a lot whit his legs, squezze the bike a lot between his knees tiptoes on the pegs (Typical Everts Skill) to get a better traction, a good precision, more grip and to be able to cut the lines more easily but yeah both have similtudes.

Logically, both fit, ET will beat Jeffrey at Redbud at 99.99%. Even in the sand I think Eli can beat him.

Eli is better imo. The better lap time at WWranch come from ET. A burned ET vs a fresh and on fire Herlings.

Sry for my bad english like always Tongue
Go home WCRider, you´re drunk Silly

Post a reply to: Tomac style

The Latest