Tomac should just buy some off the shelf front brakes.

RhinoRider
Edited Date/Time 5/28/2017 1:31pm
WTF? Those discs made out of plastic or something?

|
RhinoRider
5/27/2017 4:36pm
You can't put blame on the bike if he ran into someone
Twice in one year?

I didn't see him hit anyone. And if he did, they obviously need stronger discs.

Acidreamer
5/27/2017 4:36pm
Front rotors arent exactly thick enough to not bend when slammed by 350lbs of another bike.
Gandorlf
5/27/2017 4:38pm
What he wrote. Are there a type of brakes available that are invulnerable?

The Shop

RhinoRider
5/27/2017 4:54pm
Gandorlf wrote:
What he wrote. Are there a type of brakes available that are invulnerable?
Whatever the other scrappers run.

This happened twice in 1 year and cost basically a whole race, Again.
Those discs are junk. I call it as I see it.
Ebs
5/27/2017 4:55pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Front rotors arent exactly thick enough to not bend when slammed by 350lbs of another bike.
And in the land of carbon fiber this and titanium that, race teams wouldn't run them if there were.
stangkag
5/27/2017 5:13pm
Does anyone else always hear his brakes squeaking? That gets annoying im sure
Swann
5/27/2017 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2017 5:47pm
stangkag wrote:
That's because they are super hot. When you're racing, you don't notice things like that.

"You can only go as fast as your front brake will allow" - Ricky Carmichael
Cokeham23
5/27/2017 5:50pm
What I don't get, is if it was a bent rotor, why not swap the wheel? It would've taken just as long as it took them to do whatever they were doing. Or if it was a brake system problem, it's like 4 or 5 bolts to change it.
stangkag
5/27/2017 5:53pm
stangkag wrote:
Swann wrote:
That's because they are super hot. When you're racing, you don't notice things like that. "You can only go as fast as your front brake will...
That's because they are super hot. When you're racing, you don't notice things like that.

Just weird Tomacs bike seems to always be the one squeaking. I dont hear other riders bikes doing it all the time. I noticed the most in SX
DPW
5/27/2017 5:56pm
Cokeham23 wrote:
What I don't get, is if it was a bent rotor, why not swap the wheel? It would've taken just as long as it took them...
What I don't get, is if it was a bent rotor, why not swap the wheel? It would've taken just as long as it took them to do whatever they were doing. Or if it was a brake system problem, it's like 4 or 5 bolts to change it.
was thinking the same ....
5/27/2017 5:58pm
It wasn't a bent rotor, they would not have sent him back out on bent rotor!

More then likely there was air in the front line and or the master cylinder had a mangled diaphragm or a seal could have gone. Either way, the mechanics were to quick to cut the front line! That is last case scenario, he was already out of the race...rip off the cover and throw a new brake on takes just a few minutes...he would have been able to make it back up, instead Eli is sent back out only to putt around the track for 30 minutes without a front brake
Hut
5/27/2017 6:00pm
stangkag wrote:
Swann wrote:
That's because they are super hot. When you're racing, you don't notice things like that. "You can only go as fast as your front brake will...

stangkag wrote:
Just weird Tomacs bike seems to always be the one squeaking. I dont hear other riders bikes doing it all the time. I noticed the most...
Just weird Tomacs bike seems to always be the one squeaking. I dont hear other riders bikes doing it all the time. I noticed the most in SX
He does run it deep into the corners so maybe being so fast, he is hard on things.
Hut
5/27/2017 6:01pm
It wasn't a bent rotor, they would not have sent him back out on bent rotor! More then likely there was air in the front line...

More then likely there was air in the front line and or the master cylinder had a mangled diaphragm or a seal could have gone. Either way, the mechanics were to quick to cut the front line! That is last case scenario, he was already out of the race...rip off the cover and throw a new brake on takes just a few minutes...he would have been able to make it back up, instead Eli is sent back out only to putt around the track for 30 minutes without a front brake
I agree with it probably not being a bent rotor but he did make it all the way into 2 points without a brake!
zehn
5/27/2017 6:05pm
Probably a combination of both bent rotors and a master cylinder problem.
71Fish
5/27/2017 6:06pm
When they were showing Christian Craig's helmet cam, I thought I saw someone swerve into Tomac on the first sweeping turn. I haven't rewatched it so I could be wrong.
stangkag
5/27/2017 6:07pm
Good explanation Hut, makes sense
gnarwhip
5/27/2017 6:08pm
In two months, all the dbag KTM fans will say Musquin is faster than Tomac and deserves this title. Watch.
Motodave15
5/27/2017 6:12pm
stangkag wrote:
Swann wrote:

stangkag wrote:
Just weird Tomacs bike seems to always be the one squeaking. I dont hear other riders bikes doing it all the time. I noticed the most...
Wrong there was squeking all over the track today
MR. X
5/27/2017 6:16pm
maybe some nice drum brakes.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
5/27/2017 6:24pm
gnarwhip wrote:
In two months, all the dbag KTM fans will say Musquin is faster than Tomac and deserves this title. Watch.
Is bitterness a shtick or just your general way of going through life?
71Fish
5/27/2017 6:29pm
gnarwhip wrote:
And all the dbag Kawi fans will say Tomac would have won if only......Watch.
5/27/2017 6:32pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Haha it won't even take that long.
mjskier
5/27/2017 6:38pm
It wasn't a bent rotor, they would not have sent him back out on bent rotor! More then likely there was air in the front line...

I doubt it was air in the system, or a leak. His front wheel was locked.
Probably too much pressure. That happened to me once when I overfilled.
cable
5/27/2017 7:19pm
they knew what it was. stuck caliper? bent disk, would get you no brakes and keep going.
RhinoRider
5/27/2017 7:26pm
You can bend a disc back pretty straight out in the woods. Good enough to go just fine and still have a decent brake anyway.

If it was a bent disc, and they couldn't straighten it, the mechanic was unprepared.
5/27/2017 7:48pm
Swann wrote:

stangkag wrote:
Hut wrote:
He does run it deep into the corners so maybe being so fast, he is hard on things.
Ya that's probably it! He's so fast his equipment doesn't hold up. Smfh
Hut
5/27/2017 7:52pm
Ya that's probably it! He's so fast his equipment doesn't hold up. Smfh
He was talking about Tomas's brakes squeaking. Tomac is harder on his front brake than anyone I can remember.

Post a reply to: Tomac should just buy some off the shelf front brakes.

The Latest