4/27/2013 9:36pm
Taken a dump before the race? Dry
JBods
4/27/2013 9:41pm
Should of grown some balls in the whoops

The Shop

moto726
4/27/2013 9:48pm
Talk about a bunch of negative nancys...the dude made up 15 points and has a realistic shot at the title and said himself he rode to not throw it all away...
JBods
4/27/2013 9:50pm
moto726 wrote:
Talk about a bunch of negative nancys...the dude made up 15 points and has a realistic shot at the title and said himself he rode to...
Talk about a bunch of negative nancys...the dude made up 15 points and has a realistic shot at the title and said himself he rode to not throw it all away...
The dude could of been leaving with a 5 point lead, instead he rode like a nancy
jevyguy
4/27/2013 9:52pm
They must have has some screwy bike setup or something because I sure it was a bit out of his conrtol. He Just couldn't get through the monster whoops
mojoman42
4/27/2013 9:52pm
Lol, all you people saying he should've gone faster in the whoops would be saying he should've backed it down in the whoops if he'd crashed.
TerryK
4/27/2013 9:54pm
Give the kid a break. When you were 19, did you have the whole world watching you, and was the pressure to perform overwhelming?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Tomac (and Roczen as well, seemed to have let the pressure get to them. Both could have capitalized on the others mistakes and misfortune, but their youth and ability to handle pressure bit them. They both have many more shots at redemption in the future.
TerryK
4/27/2013 9:56pm
JBods wrote:
The dude could of been leaving with a 5 point lead, instead he rode like a nancy
Maybe you should call him up. Go hang out so you can give him some pointers and advice. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
hothands
4/27/2013 9:57pm
He did pretty well for a guy who qualified 10th
jevyguy
4/27/2013 9:58pm
All I can say is that I wish I could ride as good as the worst person out there
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/27/2013 10:01pm
The dude is a monster and the defending champion, but lost 7 positions in the first few laps. Call it like it is; he choked when he could have put himself in a great position. Still, with a win in Vegas and some bad luck on Roczen's part, he could repeat.
4/27/2013 10:04pm
TerryK wrote:
Give the kid a break. When you were 19, did you have the whole world watching you, and was the pressure to perform overwhelming? Yeah, I...
Give the kid a break. When you were 19, did you have the whole world watching you, and was the pressure to perform overwhelming?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Tomac (and Roczen as well, seemed to have let the pressure get to them. Both could have capitalized on the others mistakes and misfortune, but their youth and ability to handle pressure bit them. They both have many more shots at redemption in the future.
This.

I think he did fine. When I was 19 I would have tried to blitz those whoops and crashed myself into oblivion and completely out of the championship trying to push when it was not my night. He made the best of the situation and, sure, he could have made up more points, but he's in a hell of a lot better position than when this night started.
4/27/2013 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2013 10:08pm
I not knocking the guy, he said it himself. He struggled in the whoops.

That clearly wasnt the normal Eli Tomac out there tonight. Was it nerves? Bike set up? Sore toe? Only he knows. One thing is for sure...Vegas will be interesting.
TerryK
4/27/2013 10:07pm
Nice to see at least a few people here around actually understand racers and racing. The rest just don't get it so they shoot their mouths off like they could do better.
level
4/27/2013 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2013 10:17pm
Terry got a stick up his ass. What we are all saying pretty much is he did not even remotely take advantage of this huge opportunity. He blew it. Barring any injuries or problems with bike or body he just flat out choked and rode tighter than I've ever seen him ride. I understand your sympathy for him but fact is he's the reigning champ and you can dismiss what happened due to age or pressure but he flat out rode tight and defensive and probably blew a shot at the championship pretty much handed to him. I feel for him and nobody here is saying we could do better but we are not reigning professional motocross champs either. I feel worse for Roczen. Tomac did not step up tonight like he needed to and defending him won't change that. I just hope he's ok because he was not riding well at all. Not sure what your issue is Terry and why your attacking us. You do that a lot around here like your above everyone. Gets real annoying.
Motodave15
4/27/2013 10:12pm
Im not knocking him, Im just stating what ryno would have said GrinningGrinningGrinning
TerryK
4/27/2013 10:17pm
level wrote:
Terry got a stick up his ass. What we are all saying pretty much is he did not even remotely take advantage of this huge opportunity...
Terry got a stick up his ass. What we are all saying pretty much is he did not even remotely take advantage of this huge opportunity. He blew it. Barring any injuries or problems with bike or body he just flat out choked and rode tighter than I've ever seen him ride. I understand your sympathy for him but fact is he's the reigning champ and you can dismiss what happened due to age or pressure but he flat out rode tight and defensive and probably blew a shot at the championship pretty much handed to him. I feel for him and nobody here is saying we could do better but we are not reigning professional motocross champs either. I feel worse for Roczen. Tomac did not step up tonight like he needed to and defending him won't change that. I just hope he's ok because he was not riding well at all. Not sure what your issue is Terry and why your attacking us. You do that a lot around here like your above everyone. Gets real annoying.
Now why would I have a stick up my ass, other because of having to deal with dumbasses like you? Tongue

I didn't say he didn't choke, I was explaining WHY he choked. Big difference. Read it again,
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
4/27/2013 10:17pm
JBods wrote:
Should of grown some balls in the whoops
best way to say it. he lost so much ground in the whoops and he still isnt the points leader after ken not making the main. just said...
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
4/27/2013 10:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2013 10:23pm
"Tomac should have."..read more posts on Vital!

....ahhhh never mind he probably has better things to do. Smile
6-wheelz
4/27/2013 10:30pm
FastEddy wrote:
"Tomac should have."..read more posts on Vital!

....ahhhh never mind he probably has better things to do. Smile
He could get keyboard racing lessons!!
Blitz
4/27/2013 10:36pm
run Roczen off the 405!
level
4/27/2013 10:55pm
level wrote:
Terry got a stick up his ass. What we are all saying pretty much is he did not even remotely take advantage of this huge opportunity...
TerryK wrote:
Now why would I have a stick up my ass, other because of having to deal with dumbasses like you? :P I didn't say he didn't...
Now why would I have a stick up my ass, other because of having to deal with dumbasses like you? Tongue

I didn't say he didn't choke, I was explaining WHY he choked. Big difference. Read it again,
How do you know why he choked? Are you friends with him? How do you know more than us? Looks it's all fun. We are just bench racing. I just feel like there is no need to start getting angry at us. Tomac knew what he did. Not trying to kick him when he's down. He knew he blew it but hey that's just how it goes sometimes. Just racing. Most of us have been through something like it before.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
4/27/2013 11:03pm
I like Eli's honesty.

He admittedly struggled tonight, but I think he can put it all behind him and Vegas is a new day baby!
4/28/2013 12:02am
I think Tomac just tried to salvage it tonight. Had Roczen not run into the bad luck (I really don't think it was pressure getting to him as much as the bad luck he's avoided so far hitting him), he probably would have walked out of Salt Lake with the title. Tomac was nearly two whole seconds off his time in practice and 10th overall, to salvage a 6th out of that is not bad in my opinion. It makes next weekend all that more exciting, though I'm sure the stress levels in the KTM and Geico rigs will be at an all-time high.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/28/2013 12:25am
The best quote of the night was when Emig said at one race when he was Number 1 that he got the holeshot and then finished 14th and he didn't even fall.

Post a reply to: Tomac should have.

The Latest