Tomac sending the roller after the sky jump

hbdesigns913
8/13/2022 4:48pm
Did anyone get a video or pic of this. Was at the race. Tomac made the two rollers a double. This was after the “sky” jump table top. There is a right hand turn with a big roller and a smaller one after it. Probably around lap 3 in the second moto. He only did it once.
|
Zachintosh
8/13/2022 10:06pm
It used to be a proper double not too long ago. I’m not sure why they have been keeping the landing chopped down. It used to be a good passing area: inside to roll and scrub the single, outside to double and carry momentum up the elevator.
Crush
8/14/2022 3:58am
Were they expecting a lot of rain and didn't rip the track? I've only watched one moto but seemed like they didn't get much water in?
8/14/2022 4:03am
Crush wrote:
Were they expecting a lot of rain and didn't rip the track? I've only watched one moto but seemed like they didn't get much water in?
I kept bringing up to my buddy how dusty it was in areas
cdm806
Fantasy
1557th
8/14/2022 10:46am
Crush wrote:
We are in a bona fide drought here in Central NY. We're down like 5 inches of rain from a normal year and haven't had any real rain in weeks. I got to the track Thursday and they were putting water on it day and night, the ground just soaked it up and they couldn't keep any of it at the surface. They tried.

The Shop

gt80rider
8/14/2022 11:43am
I saw the color of the grass around the track on tv- had to be hot and very dry for dilla to look that brown... hard to do anything with a track that dry
theraptur712
8/14/2022 11:46am
Old Carlsbad pros are laughing at calling that track dry.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
8/14/2022 11:47am
gt80rider wrote:
I saw the color of the grass around the track on tv- had to be hot and very dry for dilla to look that brown... hard...
I saw the color of the grass around the track on tv- had to be hot and very dry for dilla to look that brown... hard to do anything with a track that dry
I thought it was better with out all the ruts, but the square chop was nasty
Southwick198
Fantasy
4194th
8/14/2022 1:26pm
gt80rider wrote:
I saw the color of the grass around the track on tv- had to be hot and very dry for dilla to look that brown... hard...
yak651 wrote:
And it still got some big ruts!!! lol

They rented extra equipment to try and get the whole track watered. Just next to impossible. They were watering that track all day Friday and late into the night. Did what they could before the motos. It's just way too dry,. Honestly with the drought going on in New England and New York I think the Unadilla crew did a great job.

Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
8/14/2022 3:12pm
I saw him do it but unfortunately didn't get a pic. Like you said, he only did it once.
motomike137
8/14/2022 4:07pm
Crush wrote:
I thought it was the most raceable the track has been for years. I liked that it was dry and slick and choppy but not a darned slot car track.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
8/14/2022 4:15pm
I thought Chase over jumping during his second moto pass was pretty impressive
8/14/2022 4:20pm
gt80rider wrote:
yak651 wrote:
And it still got some big ruts!!! lol They rented extra equipment to try and get the whole track watered. Just next to impossible. They were...

They rented extra equipment to try and get the whole track watered. Just next to impossible. They were watering that track all day Friday and late into the night. Did what they could before the motos. It's just way too dry,. Honestly with the drought going on in New England and New York I think the Unadilla crew did a great job.

Serious drought. Every time I go to ride I know I have an hour and a half of watering to do first. Dragging around fire hoses when it's 90 before you ride isn't fun
Southwick198
Fantasy
4194th
8/14/2022 4:30pm
yak651 wrote:
And it still got some big ruts!!! lol They rented extra equipment to try and get the whole track watered. Just next to impossible. They were...

Serious drought. Every time I go to ride I know I have an hour and a half of watering to do first. Dragging around fire hoses...
Serious drought. Every time I go to ride I know I have an hour and a half of watering to do first. Dragging around fire hoses when it's 90 before you ride isn't fun
Yeah..Be easy on your well or pond!! Praying for rain
Southwick198
Fantasy
4194th
8/14/2022 4:33pm
yak651 wrote:
I thought Chase over jumping during his second moto pass was pretty impressive
He was so impressive. I'm sorry about your practice times and the AMA issues.That sucks. At least you know that you qualified!! Be proud. They can't take that away from you.

Post a reply to: Tomac sending the roller after the sky jump

The Latest