Tomac's starts...

Edited Date/Time 6/19/2020 10:23am
I don't understand how Eli could enter the corner last yesterday.
Did he make a mistake on the gate and just back off so he didn't get caught in a mid pack crash?
Surely his bike has the same if not more power than most the other riders on the gate.

I think with a better start last night he probably would be champ today.
|
KTMBRO362
Fantasy
3244th
6/18/2020 4:09pm
I would think he tried to get the jump but once he realized he wasnt getting the holeshot he just backed it down knowing he can cut through the pack
6/18/2020 4:11pm
KTMBRO362 wrote:
I would think he tried to get the jump but once he realized he wasnt getting the holeshot he just backed it down knowing he can...
I would think he tried to get the jump but once he realized he wasnt getting the holeshot he just backed it down knowing he can cut through the pack
Yes that’s how he played it I believe as well.
6/18/2020 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 4:14pm
Yup. 25 point lead. Was avoiding any chance of getting tangled up.

He was clearly towards front-mid pack when he backed down before corner one.
robotsfrom
6/18/2020 4:20pm
Yup. 25 point lead. Was avoiding any chance of getting tangled up.

He was clearly towards front-mid pack when he backed down before corner one.
That's what it looked like to me as well. As soon as someone started fading towards him he got on the brakes to avoid an Anderson esque destroying a front wheel incident.

The Shop

DPR250R
6/18/2020 4:37pm
Tomac,s starts... make more of the races fun to watch.
6/18/2020 4:40pm
Needs to start more in the middle...maybe next to the box. Hope he reads this!
kkawboy14
6/18/2020 4:53pm
I don't understand how Eli could enter the corner last yesterday. Did he make a mistake on the gate and just back off so he didn't...
Did he make a mistake on the gate and just back off so he didn't get caught in a mid pack crash?
Surely his bike has the same if not more power than most the other riders on the gate.

He obviously didn’t want to get taken out so he just stopped. That guy can sleep walk now and get 5th-8th
kpiper
6/18/2020 5:02pm
Looked like he got a little tangled up with Malcolm.
Yes, once they banged into each other ET decided that was enough and let them go looking for the inside line.

This is probably what we will see Sunday too.
WillyB
6/18/2020 5:10pm
I think that one was planned. He's leaving his competitors thinking he's still going for the holey but in reality, he's chilling.
hamncheeze
6/18/2020 5:26pm
As mentioned above, he tangled up with Malcolm pretty good about 2/3 way down the straight. Still, as erratic as his starts have been in his career you have to wonder if the pressure got to him a bit. His initial jump was not very good at all, in either the heat or the main.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/19/2020 10:02am
I don't understand how Eli could enter the corner last yesterday. Did he make a mistake on the gate and just back off so he didn't...

Looking at some of the photos I had from the race, it looks like maybe he and Mookie banged bars out of the gate.

The interesting part to me is that it doesn't seem much like it matters. Maybe the difference between a win and a third, but as far as consistency? He seems to rip through the pack just fine.

I tallied up all the passes he's made through the races here in SLC, and over the six so far, he's +35.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
6/19/2020 10:08am
DPR250R wrote:
Tomac,s starts... make more of the races fun to watch.
Tomac's...
TEL36
6/19/2020 12:29pm
GuyB wrote:
Looking at some of the photos I had from the race, it looks like maybe he and Mookie banged bars out of the gate. The interesting...
Looking at some of the photos I had from the race, it looks like maybe he and Mookie banged bars out of the gate.

The interesting part to me is that it doesn't seem much like it matters. Maybe the difference between a win and a third, but as far as consistency? He seems to rip through the pack just fine.

I tallied up all the passes he's made through the races here in SLC, and over the six so far, he's +35.
+35 along with how many people he has been passing in the first lap alone, which was nearly 10 riders on wednesday. Absolutely insane.
Dust601
6/19/2020 2:07pm

GuyB wrote:
Looking at some of the photos I had from the race, it looks like maybe he and Mookie banged bars out of the gate. The interesting...

I wonder who has the 2nd in passes over that stretch, and how many they have.

I’m trying to think of another rider who’s had lots of rough starts, and has passed a ton of guys, but I’m having trouble thinking of names. I can think of some guys who’ve done it once, or had a mishap, and moved through some guys, but no one else who’s done it with his consistency.
1down5up
6/19/2020 2:10pm

GuyB wrote:

he also mentioned he played defense in the presser.
neysbo
6/19/2020 2:39pm
He will do the same thing Sunday but can just cruise around in 10th and take the tittle.
gt80rider
6/19/2020 3:35pm
I don't think he even clicks it into gear until Lil Deuce is over the gate...
kpiper
6/19/2020 4:08pm
gt80rider wrote:
I don't think he even clicks it into gear until Lil Deuce is over the gate...
Yes. And he will have to watch out for Barcia and then if Webb is winning he may lap him.
6/19/2020 4:18pm
Dan Fahie should just send a truckload of clutch components to Cortez and pay Mike Alessi to live with Tomac for a few weeks and do nothing but starts. If Eli could get starts his life would be so much easier.
kpiper
6/20/2020 7:14am
Dan Fahie should just send a truckload of clutch components to Cortez and pay Mike Alessi to live with Tomac for a few weeks and do...
Dan Fahie should just send a truckload of clutch components to Cortez and pay Mike Alessi to live with Tomac for a few weeks and do nothing but starts. If Eli could get starts his life would be so much easier.
Very true but I don't think it is possible at this point for him to become a good starter. You know he must have tried everything over the years to figure it out.
brocster
6/20/2020 9:55am
Benefit of the doubt. Last race, very well played, the others not so much

Sunday I see same scenario off the start as this past Wednesday and takes the title home.
6/20/2020 10:02am
a good start would make it a lot easier , but in this field he has nothing to worry when not . Tomac at moment has finally found his mojo , his speed and patience is a level above . He looks to be in total control and beside a bike faillure he has not much to worry about for the last race
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/20/2020 10:10am
The dude needs 4 points, right? Just sit at the doghouse until the carnage in the first turn ceases, then go pass 5-10 riders while waving at the fans over the big jumps every lap. Laughing

Post a reply to: Tomac's starts...

The Latest