Tomac s crazy jump out of the sand

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2018 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 12:33 PM

So cool that they showed us the sickest, hardest, most insane jump on the track, on the tv.......

|

5/6/2018 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 1:08 PM

Great interview question: Did you do this by accident, saw this option before the race or during.. It really shows is level of riding. Do I dare say up there with JS7 crazy fast? JS7 would just do stuff like this as well.

|

5/6/2018 1:15 PM

They showed it the second time he jumped it???

|

5/6/2018 1:18 PM

he only did it a few times all day / nite

|

5/6/2018 1:21 PM

Man they missed that jump, you barely see what he was doing the 1 time they finally showed it

|

5/6/2018 1:23 PM

That was crazy, anyone have the video?

|

5/6/2018 1:24 PM

That was strange they had one camera so close u couldn’t see it and one outside the stadium after the jump.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

5/6/2018 2:29 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

So cool that they showed us the sickest, hardest, most insane jump on the track, on the tv.......

They did show it on the broadcast. Eli said he only did it twice because it was to dangerous.

|

5/6/2018 4:27 PM

|

5/6/2018 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 4:39 PM

Crazy to see the little bump he was able to bonny hop off of. Definitely JS7-esque. That thing was like 3 inches tall tapped in third

|

5/6/2018 6:41 PM

|

5/6/2018 6:45 PM

um that's elite skill/confidence. actually its outstandable.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/6/2018 6:51 PM

God damn it's fun watching Tomac ride when he's on it.

Reminds me of Glen Helen when he was using that rock to hip over the corner.

|

5/6/2018 7:05 PM

Was wayyyyyyy cool jump . But I kind of feel the risk of it at the last rd of sx with nothing to gain is the kind of move that tends to bite him in the ass Same as Stew .worked out this time . But I don't see a dungey or a villo or even an RC take that high risk 2 wks before the outdoors . Eli really is so like Stew !!!

|

5/6/2018 7:49 PM

That was incredible. Reminded me of the JS7 wall jump at Daytona. Tomac does things like this quite a bit. Speaking of Stewart, there was actually a race back in 2012 that Tomac did a new line and Stewart tried to copy it and wadded.

|

5/6/2018 7:51 PM

Also his corner speed is unreal. At least 5 mph faster than the next guy

|

5/6/2018 8:33 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

Also his corner speed is unreal. At least 5 mph faster than the next guy

Yer right, nobody out there is even close.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

5/6/2018 8:49 PM

his corner speed after the whoops was awesome to watch. turning with the rear wheel sans villipoto style.

|

5/6/2018 8:54 PM

I think he jumped it twice during the main. The first time, TV didn't catch it, the 2nd time they caught it. The third lap he didn't do it, so they weren't really emphasizing it from that point on if he wasn't going to do it consistently. I remember in 2007 James did a line where there was a short whoop section, a double, then another short whoop section, and he was jumping from the double over the whoop section and nobody on the TV broadcast caught it. At least they catch stuff like that nowadays...

|

5/6/2018 8:57 PM

akillerwombat wrote:

God damn it's fun watching Tomac ride when he's on it.

Reminds me of Glen Helen when he was using that rock to hip over the corner.

That was amazing

|

5/6/2018 9:04 PM

smoothies862 wrote:

um that's elite skill/confidence. actually its outstandable.

AP made up a new word. I'm sure we will be seeing that word pop a crap ton more.

|

5/6/2018 9:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 9:08 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

I think he jumped it twice during the main. The first time, TV didn't catch it, the 2nd time they caught it. The third lap he didn't do it, so they weren't really emphasizing it from that point on if he wasn't going to do it consistently. I remember in 2007 James did a line where there was a short whoop section, a double, then another short whoop section, and he was jumping from the double over the whoop section and nobody on the TV broadcast caught it. At least they catch stuff like that nowadays...

Yep, and it was almost like the camera had trouble keeping him in shot because the camera man was not expecting him to stay that low.

Your are not thinking of 07 Vegas?

|

5/6/2018 9:08 PM

I could swear I saw him quad into and triple out of the sand once. I was sitting in the south endzone in the first corner out of the start. It was hard for me to see how many obstacles he jumped as he was going away, but it was an abnormally high jump on the first obstacle and then the second one cleared the ski jump. I never saw him do it another time the rest of race. He was doing some crazy stuff in that section. Definitely JS7-worthy. I just watched the program tonight and they never caught that on camera, granted he only did it once. Again, I couldn't see if it was a quad (but I think it was) on the first set of obstacles. It was just one time with his wheels on the ground in the sand in the entire section on that lap. Crazy stuff.

|

5/6/2018 9:09 PM

Tomac did it multiple times during the day (and some other guys also) and they even tamed the sand rollers before it to keep them jumping it.

|

5/6/2018 9:17 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

That was incredible. Reminded me of the JS7 wall jump at Daytona. Tomac does things like this quite a bit. Speaking of Stewart, there was actually a race back in 2012 that Tomac did a new line and Stewart tried to copy it and wadded.

Where?

|

5/6/2018 9:27 PM

dboivin wrote:

his corner speed after the whoops was awesome to watch. turning with the rear wheel sans villipoto style.

Yup, by far the best part of the race. He was so smooth through that corner.

|

5/6/2018 9:34 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

zehn wrote:

Where?

Here
|

5/6/2018 10:09 PM

Sketchy AF reminds me of that massive wall overjump Bagget did back in his 250 days.

|

5/6/2018 10:16 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

689 wrote:

Yep, and it was almost like the camera had trouble keeping him in shot because the camera man was not expecting him to stay that low.

Your are not thinking of 07 Vegas?

Yes, that jump!

|

5/7/2018 1:57 AM

?t=3

He does things that no one does.
|