Tomac records at Fox Raceway

Marcello10
Edited Date/Time 8/29/2022 6:31am
Since it's called Fox Raceway (so without counting the two Pala rounds he raced in 2010 and 2011) Eli has gone 1-1 in 2019, 1-4 in 2020, 9-8 and 2-1 in 2021 and 7-4 early this season.

I hope he can be competitive again because on paper he really needs a moto win if he wants to keep the last red plate

|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/28/2022 7:00am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2022 7:02am
Sexton needs a 1 1 to win the C. Tomac has to get a 1 2 to win the C.

Sexton's performance at Pala 1 makes him the favourate whilst Tomac literally has to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Can't wait.
yz133rider
8/28/2022 7:27am
Boomslang wrote:
Sexton needs a 1 1 to win the C. Tomac has to get a 1 2 to win the C. Sexton's performance at Pala 1 makes...

Sexton's performance at Pala 1 makes him the favourate whilst Tomac literally has to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Can't wait.
Tomac demolished everyone at pala 2 21. Tomac doesn’t exactly struggle at pala not sure why everyone thinks chase is 25 seconds a lap faster there than the field.
SWOHIO GUY
8/28/2022 7:47am
Fox Raceway dirt looks very similar to the dirt I’ve seen in videos of the Tomac compound. I think Eli will be alright, gets the split that is needed to bring this home!
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/28/2022 7:48am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2022 7:51am
Boomslang wrote:
Sexton needs a 1 1 to win the C. Tomac has to get a 1 2 to win the C. Sexton's performance at Pala 1 makes...

Can't wait.
yz133rider wrote:
Tomac demolished everyone at pala 2 21. Tomac doesn’t exactly struggle at pala not sure why everyone thinks chase is 25 seconds a lap faster there...
Tomac demolished everyone at pala 2 21. Tomac doesn’t exactly struggle at pala not sure why everyone thinks chase is 25 seconds a lap faster there than the field.
I'm rooting for Tomac and have big respect for Sexton, whoever wins it will be a worthy Champion. The racing so far has been insane between these two and when Pala 2 arrives we will witness something special. It will be these two out front and they have been keeping it tidy.....so far..

Honda needs this Championship more than Yamaha. Tomac wants to retire from outdoors as the Champion. Then add in the bonuses...it's literally a million $$$ (or more) payday for whoever gets it done.

I'm expecting these guys are going to be properly tooled up coming into this fight. Yeeeehaaa...

The Shop

TeamGreen
8/28/2022 7:55am
Watching these last few weeks...including the insane speed they both threw down at the very-end of Moto 1, yesterday...

I'm thinking everything that's "come before" ain't got shit to do with what's going on...now.

They're both having to throw down ALL they've got for "30 plus 2".
8/28/2022 12:15pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Watching these last few weeks...including the insane speed they both threw down at the very-end of Moto 1, yesterday... I'm thinking everything that's "come before" ain't...
Watching these last few weeks...including the insane speed they both threw down at the very-end of Moto 1, yesterday...

I'm thinking everything that's "come before" ain't got shit to do with what's going on...now.

I agree. It's interesting to look at their past performances at Pala, but this weekend is entirely different.
We haven't seen Sexton under the pressure he is going to feel on Saturday...I'm genuinely split on how I think he will respond.
Also I think Tomac is a different guy this year mentally, so it's a little unprecedented for him as well.
I just hope it comes down to a head to head battle and not some bad start drama or other issues.
Imagine what it's going to be like if it literally comes down to the last couple laps of moto 2? That's a very real possibility...
2022 motocross has been "the good old days"
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/28/2022 12:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Watching these last few weeks...including the insane speed they both threw down at the very-end of Moto 1, yesterday... I'm thinking everything that's "come before" ain't...

I agree. It's interesting to look at their past performances at Pala, but this weekend is entirely different. We haven't seen Sexton under the pressure he...
I agree. It's interesting to look at their past performances at Pala, but this weekend is entirely different.
We haven't seen Sexton under the pressure he is going to feel on Saturday...I'm genuinely split on how I think he will respond.
Also I think Tomac is a different guy this year mentally, so it's a little unprecedented for him as well.
I just hope it comes down to a head to head battle and not some bad start drama or other issues.
Imagine what it's going to be like if it literally comes down to the last couple laps of moto 2? That's a very real possibility...
2022 motocross has been "the good old days"
Tomac had mediocre moto finishes at Pala1 and I believe that was mostly due to him still getting dailed in with the team.

Both are now peforming at their optimum but who will have the ability not to choke under pressure?
johnk408
8/28/2022 12:55pm
I forgot until Glover mentioned it during the race yesterday that Sexton got a 1 point penalty earlier in the year or it would literally be tied! And to me the tie breaker seems like it should be overalls, not moto wins. But who asked me. Generally they go hand-in-hand but sometimes not.
Shaft721
8/28/2022 1:20pm
Tomac has to do what he did again this weekend at Ironman and I don’t know if he can.

Chases pace is a little higher than I think tomac feels comfortable going.

8/28/2022 1:39pm
Shaft721 wrote:
Tomac has to do what he did again this weekend at Ironman and I don’t know if he can. Chases pace is a little higher than...
Tomac has to do what he did again this weekend at Ironman and I don’t know if he can.

Chases pace is a little higher than I think tomac feels comfortable going.

Chase said he was going as fast as he could this weekend in his Vlog on YouTube. Hell, he looked very comfortable doing it, but I think we saw these two go 110% percent at Ironman. Eli has that blood in the water mentality, but chase has handled the pressure damn well this season. I’m not the biggest fan of him yet, but I respect the hell out of what he’s been able to do. It’s like taking down Superman.
8/28/2022 1:42pm
Were are we on overalls? Tomac have him covered? Just wondering where we are if something happens and they tie in points.
8/28/2022 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2022 1:54pm
Were are we on overalls? Tomac have him covered? Just wondering where we are if something happens and they tie in points.
Tie breaker is moto wins not overalls. Not sure who has more. Tomac?
8/28/2022 1:58pm
Tie breaker is moto wins not overalls. Not sure who has more. Tomac?
I just checked the stats thread another poster made and tomac has 12 to chases 8
yz133rider
8/28/2022 2:05pm
I realize Chase won the overall but dang Tomac repassed him in Moto 1 and chased him down Moto 2 and if it wasn’t for the bobble in the ruts he may have gotten him again.

Seems everyone’s pretty down on tomacs speed and performance but he very nearly ran him down and went 1-1

And that was with roczen running interference and he still almost managed a 1-1.

I’d feel pretty good about that.

His starts have been on point, Craig is lethal at pala also so maybe Craig can play interference for him.
spimx
8/28/2022 2:13pm
Moto 2 tomac was 1.1 seconds back got one point and I think he dialed it down since they were probably both riding over their head. Looks like their speed is so close it's going to come down to a start
8/28/2022 2:19pm
I’d love to see Chase win but I think the pressure will be too much. Chase has years ahead to collect Championship's.
dan22
8/28/2022 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2022 2:30pm
As much as i love for Chase to win, i think it will be a draw at Pala and Tomac will take the championship. I think a lot of people are under the false illusion that Sexton will dominate because of Pala 1. No way that's happening again, the Yamaha and Tomac weren't dialled in at that point. Once the team figured it out we know what happened...
EricZ38
8/28/2022 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2022 2:39pm
There are at least a dozen equally likely scenarios how this could end but regardless I’m gonna miss the sound of that Yamaha when Eli is done. Nobody else has ever made that thing scream like that with the combination of that intake, him full throttle and his clutch work. I’ll be glued to coverage this week.
mx196
Fantasy
4082nd
8/28/2022 2:38pm
yz133rider wrote:
Tomac demolished everyone at pala 2 21. Tomac doesn’t exactly struggle at pala not sure why everyone thinks chase is 25 seconds a lap faster there...
My thoughts as well, pretty sure he won by 45 seconds his last win at Pala.

Eli doesn’t mind the competition underestimating him because I bet he’ll just unleash in moto 1 and bring it home in moto 2.
R VanKamp77
8/28/2022 3:12pm
I really hope it is just between them. No start drama, no interference. I really wish they could get their own gate that drops 1 second earlier than everyone else’s.
yz133rider
8/28/2022 3:14pm
I really hope it is just between them. No start drama, no interference. I really wish they could get their own gate that drops 1 second...
I really hope it is just between them. No start drama, no interference. I really wish they could get their own gate that drops 1 second earlier than everyone else’s.
Eh I like them dicing through the pack and the battle brewing that way too.

kpiper
8/28/2022 3:20pm
I really hope it is just between them. No start drama, no interference. I really wish they could get their own gate that drops 1 second...
Agree
8/28/2022 3:23pm
I’d love to see Chase win but I think the pressure will be too much. Chase has years ahead to collect Championship's.
When has Tomac ever been in a must win, beat the other guy for the title before? Yes he's had to win the title at the last race but usually its something like finish top 15 or close. Who says he's going to deal with the pressure better? He's never had anyone step up to him like Chase
kpiper
8/28/2022 3:29pm
When has Tomac ever been in a must win, beat the other guy for the title before? Yes he's had to win the title at the...
When has Tomac ever been in a must win, beat the other guy for the title before? Yes he's had to win the title at the last race but usually its something like finish top 15 or close. Who says he's going to deal with the pressure better? He's never had anyone step up to him like Chase
I agree this is virgin territory for Tomac...and in the past, he does not do that great under pressure...although he shined at Daytona when a record was on the line so there is that.

Also, look at his after-race interview Saturday with RacerX. He seems like he is actually looking forward to this. Really, he has three titles...how much pressure can he feel to get a 4th???

I think he felt he could catch Chase Saturday and expects it to be the same at Pala. He probably remembers how dominant he was there last year moto 2. The starts will be huge.
8/28/2022 3:35pm
When has Tomac ever been in a must win, beat the other guy for the title before? Yes he's had to win the title at the...
kpiper wrote:
I agree this is virgin territory for Tomac...and in the past, he does not do that great under pressure...although he shined at Daytona when a record...
I agree this is virgin territory for Tomac...and in the past, he does not do that great under pressure...although he shined at Daytona when a record was on the line so there is that.

Also, look at his after-race interview Saturday with RacerX. He seems like he is actually looking forward to this. Really, he has three titles...how much pressure can he feel to get a 4th???

I think he felt he could catch Chase Saturday and expects it to be the same at Pala. He probably remembers how dominant he was there last year moto 2. The starts will be huge.
Good point. He's got stacks of titles. This being maybe his last run at an mx title, he's probably hyped to get it on.
MO 23
8/28/2022 3:56pm
Whoever wins is such a deserving champion.

He have been treated to an all time summer.
It’s what you hope for every year as a fan, but so rarely get.
2 guys slugging it out for a championship.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
8/28/2022 4:03pm
Pala 1 means little or nothing. Tomac had taken time off due to his SX injury, was still getting the bike set up, and quite frankly he knew going into the season that you can't win the MX championship in round 1, but you can lose it - he wasn't pushing it. I don't look at the results from Pala 1 as being representative with respect to Tomac. We know Chase can ride well there.

This thing is going to be a barn burner all the way down to the last lap of the last moto. Going to be insane.
swe292
8/28/2022 4:09pm
It's a coin flip for what could happen. truly no idea. tomac could go 1-1 chase could go 1-1 they could go 1-2 2-1, elito mac could come out and he goes 1-8, chase could bust his ass and go 8-1. who knows. looking forward to it.
R VanKamp77
8/28/2022 4:12pm
yz133rider wrote:
Eh I like them dicing through the pack and the battle brewing that way too.

Me too, maybe at round 5. You can't tell me you'd be happy if sexton ran away with it because eli got tangled in a start crash that wasn't his fault.

Post a reply to: Tomac records at Fox Raceway

The Latest