Tomac on Arlington.

mx 219
Fantasy
857th
2/23/2019 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 3:14pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Crashing last week might have been a good thing. I'm not sure how his confidence would be if Webb came from 8th to pass him when...
Crashing last week might have been a good thing. I'm not sure how his confidence would be if Webb came from 8th to pass him when he led the race at one point. That's never happened to him before, to my knowledge, ever since he has become the Tomac we know now. Also, the amount of umms these guys do in interviews is so cringe worthy. You'd think after so many interviews they'd be better at it.
mx 219 wrote:
If he doesnt crash he either wins or pushes kenny to the win. Imo marvin and kennys mid to end of the race was pathetic. No...
If he doesnt crash he either wins or pushes kenny to the win.

Imo marvin and kennys mid to end of the race was pathetic. No way they should have leet cooper catch them. He didnt do anything spectacular at all just kept going the same pace.

IMO Eli would not have gotten passed by cooper if he doesnt go down and maintains the pace he was running.
:blink: :huh: If Broc Tickle has not been banned and got the hole shot and rode faster than everyone else all night he would have won...
BlinkHuh

If Broc Tickle has not been banned and got the hole shot and rode faster than everyone else all night he would have won too....

Silly
My point was if eli doesnt go down i dont think webb wins. Either kenny or eli because kennys pace likely wouldnt have dropped as much or else as quickly.

I believe MC said he would sprint like crazy the first 8 or 12 laps of a main then settle into a pace. And that worked a lot, but there was a time i remeber that dv12 caught and gapped MC and they asked him what happened and he said he setttled into a pace and couldnt pick it up when dv was coming.

I think thats sort of what happened to ken, though he did pick it up when cooper was right on him. It just wasnt enough. Yes, eli wasnt the fastest rider last week but i do believe he could have pushed kenny enough that they go 1-2 in the main. Unsure of whether marv gets 3rd or 4th in that case since he fell so far off of kenny and webb.

That is my explanation behind my logic.
struth
2/23/2019 3:23pm
Sounded sick on the vid.
Has cold or something to me .
BS12
2/23/2019 3:32pm
I know east coast dirt is soft compared to Vegas, but he absolutely lit the field up in main 3 at Monster Cup on the brand new 19. He then wasn't overly stellar on the same style of dirt across the west coast swing.

I'm thinking lingering injury as he mentioned to start the year, combined with not yet having a comfortable setting in the softer, ruttier stuff on the new bike.
Ranman68
2/23/2019 3:33pm
I don't think he even knows whats going on.

https://youtu.be/2AJsaqlJi00
Xracer wrote:
Only 2 guys can go fast with a beard...Kevin Windham and Brad Lackey. Eli needs to shave.
I saw this video yesterday on YouTube and right after they talked to Tomac, they talked to Savatgy. What stuck out to me was that Tomac seemed so serious and stressed. Like thoughts running through his head with anxiety and worry. He's never been known for his on camera skills, but he looked way off mentally to me. Especially after seeing how much more calm and happy go lucky Savatgy appeared. He seems very worried. Like something is wrong and he doesnt know how to fix it. His demeanor is nothing like it was on the Whiskey Throttle show. Seems concerned about Webb. I respect the fact that he isnt attempting any kind of excuses. Just saying he's got to get better and that's all there is to it. I resspect a straight up dude no matter who it is. I hope he gets things figured out and ride like he feels he is capable of. I think Webb has the top 4 flustered and worried. Tomac and Marvin seem to be the most flustered from what I see.

The Shop

2/23/2019 4:14pm
Tomac has won a race, been near top qualifier and at the front in his heats. It's not the bike that caused last week's result. If it's a tic off it might stop him from winning but not 12th.
Akira
2/23/2019 5:57pm
MXA sucks but it was good back in the day
2/24/2019 1:13am
it looked like he was about to start crying in this interview , good to see him in post race interview smiling after he whooped some ass last night ...
Ranman68
2/24/2019 3:13am
it looked like he was about to start crying in this interview , good to see him in post race interview smiling after he whooped some...
it looked like he was about to start crying in this interview , good to see him in post race interview smiling after he whooped some ass last night ...
He's gonna have that same, sad look again if he doesn't get those starts way better. Webb was off tonight compared to the last several races, so Tomac was able to run him down from way back. I don't see Tomac being able to run Webb down from that far back if Webb is in the groove, and you can bet Webb will get back in that groove. Tomac's starts make his races way harder to win than they should be. I dont think he can pull off many wins from way back like he did tomight before he bites the dust really hard. He's gonna have to improve his starts.or ride like a maniac until he crashes himself out of contention. Maybe he will imorove them. We will see.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
2/24/2019 3:29am
Ranman68 wrote:
He's gonna have that same, sad look again if he doesn't get those starts way better. Webb was off tonight compared to the last several races...
He's gonna have that same, sad look again if he doesn't get those starts way better. Webb was off tonight compared to the last several races, so Tomac was able to run him down from way back. I don't see Tomac being able to run Webb down from that far back if Webb is in the groove, and you can bet Webb will get back in that groove. Tomac's starts make his races way harder to win than they should be. I dont think he can pull off many wins from way back like he did tomight before he bites the dust really hard. He's gonna have to improve his starts.or ride like a maniac until he crashes himself out of contention. Maybe he will imorove them. We will see.
When tracks are wide, his ride can do the talking. When tracks are tight and small, when the gap between riders is tight, start is everything and it's very hard to back to the front.

This is why Tomac excel at Daytona. When the track is tight, It's not an advantage for him but it's an advantage for riders like Roczen or Webb.

I could be wrong.
Ranman68
2/24/2019 4:10am
Ranman68 wrote:
He's gonna have that same, sad look again if he doesn't get those starts way better. Webb was off tonight compared to the last several races...
WCRider wrote:
When tracks are wide, his ride can do the talking. When tracks are tight and small, when the gap between riders is tight, start is everything...
When tracks are wide, his ride can do the talking. When tracks are tight and small, when the gap between riders is tight, start is everything and it's very hard to back to the front.

This is why Tomac excel at Daytona. When the track is tight, It's not an advantage for him but it's an advantage for riders like Roczen or Webb.

I could be wrong.
I agree with that for sure. He has so much raw speed that the faster and more spread out/wider the track is, the better he does. Tight, narrow tracks just clog people up more and speed like Tomac has is wasted to a large degree. I think you're right and I've always thought the same thing. Tonight's track was pretty tight and busy it seemed like to me. Not nearly as much of a Tomac track as some others ars yet he was able to do what he did. I'm sure he's gonna smash the field at Daytona with any half ass start at all. I look for Webb to be very strong there. He was strong there last year and clearly he's a much better rider this year. Could take the win if Tomac botches the start too much or falls. But if Tomac doesnt do those things he is gonna school everybody at Daytona. Or thats vwhat I predict at least.
aees
2/24/2019 5:26am
TDeath21 wrote:
I love how when a rider struggles everyone says bike setup. It’s so funny.
Bike changes, Tomac speed is back. Just issues with starts now.

Post a reply to: Tomac on Arlington.

The Latest