Tomac on Arlington.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2019 6:48 AM

I don't think he even knows whats going on.

|

2/23/2019 6:58 AM

In the past Eli it seems has performed his best when behind in the points a substantial amount. Tonight could be very telling as to whether Eli can get rolling again or not. He could either climb back into the points battle with a beast mode performance or possibly fall even further back to a point where he will never catch all three guys ahead of him. Going to be a very interesting evening in Motown especially since it is a triple crown race.

|

2/23/2019 7:00 AM

Sounded fine to me..

|

2/23/2019 7:06 AM

When youre 100% healthy as he says, and went from leading, to outside the top 10 after a tip over.. Not good

|

2/23/2019 7:07 AM

Even being uncomfortable and a "little bit off" doesn't explain last weeks performance. Doesn't look good for Tomac.

|

2/23/2019 7:07 AM

"It wasn't me."
Now we have the explanation.
wink

|

2/23/2019 7:13 AM

ButteryWaffles wrote:

I don't think he even knows whats going on.

Only 2 guys can go fast with a beard...Kevin Windham and Brad Lackey. Eli needs to shave.

|

2/23/2019 7:20 AM

He sounds frustrated.

He would be smart to just put that race behind him, not over think it, and move on. He was happy with the bike before Arlington and very happy. I hope he doesn't let one bad race snowball. Every champ has a bad race.

|

2/23/2019 7:28 AM

Wow.

|

2/23/2019 7:30 AM

Totes not happy with the bike.....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

2/23/2019 7:34 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

That's been my suspicion as well.

This is not normal Tomac.

|

A wise man once said nothing

2/23/2019 7:36 AM

I hear zero confidence.

|

2/23/2019 7:37 AM

As I recall, Tomac struggled at first with bike setup when he made the move to Kawasaki. It seems to me he is very particular in how he wants the bike to behave. Once he gets the new bike dialed in he will be back in beast mode.

|

2/23/2019 7:37 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

Yeti365 wrote:

That's been my suspicion as well.

This is not normal Tomac.

Yeah somethings up with him. Hasn’t looked the same tomac since the start of sx. Usually his corner speed looks great now it’s nothing special.

|

2/23/2019 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2019 7:46 AM

Like I told severlal times before. Tomack needs a good shtink. I'm kind of fan of him. The guy has the ligtening speed at times, but if he's mentally broken, You can see at the races, where is in12th

|

Power is nothing without control

2/23/2019 7:42 AM

Eli dominated the last time they raced in Detroit. Time to start winning for Eli.

|

2/23/2019 7:44 AM

The thing is, the points leader went from 6th to first on a track that he said was trash and hard to pass on. Tomac went backwards more than Coop went forwards.

|

2/23/2019 7:46 AM

Maybe being injured is staying with him. Knowing that the edge is so close in SX, he is uncomfortable. Can't win jack watching. Hope he finds it, bummer.

|

2/23/2019 7:47 AM

he's visibly frustrated. If he gets passed tonight, he's going to fall apart. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't dislike him - but if he starts toward the front and gets passed, he either crashes out or pulls a Tomac and gives up.

|

2/23/2019 7:55 AM

Personally I think tomac needs to get a different trainer. We all know his dad is an animal, sometimes a change is needed.

|

2/23/2019 8:23 AM

That was an awkward interview.

|

2/23/2019 8:27 AM

What are several fucks. If you are injured, let the word know about this. This moto community goind from weird to weirdest. Anywnay as a factory team rider you have to do at least some statement to the media. Let them know about your boys naggingg injurys in present. Seriously, I don't wanna ques, who is iinjured, and wo is not, i wanna good battle to the final round
Excuse my French

Please no secrets anymmore. If your guy is injyred, let us know

|

Power is nothing without control

2/23/2019 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2019 8:54 AM

Johnny Lock wrote:

As I recall, Tomac struggled at first with bike setup when he made the move to Kawasaki. It seems to me he is very particular in how he wants the bike to behave. Once he gets the new bike dialed in he will be back in beast mode.

But the SX season will be over by then.wink After watching him get the holeshot last week and the first few laps I thought he was going to check out and then Kroc passed him and it was down hill from there.

|

Ed Johnson

2/23/2019 8:42 AM

Matthes has said before they Kaw makes everybody follow a set-up similar to what RV had. I can't believe that is still the case- but as someone pointed out, Tomac seems to have that same "early turn, get on the gas" thing going on as RV did. But he seems to be thrashing himself backwards while everybody else has slower corner entry.

|

2/23/2019 8:46 AM

Looks like he’s thinking “Get me the hell out of here!” Looks really uncomfortable in that interview.

|

2/23/2019 8:47 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

Matthes has said before they Kaw makes everybody follow a set-up similar to what RV had. I can't believe that is still the case- but as someone pointed out, Tomac seems to have that same "early turn, get on the gas" thing going on as RV did. But he seems to be thrashing himself backwards while everybody else has slower corner entry.

Why would a factory team force someone to run a setup that doesn't work for them ? It doesn't make sense.

|

2/23/2019 8:50 AM

I think he just didn’t want to be interviewed by MXA. That’s why he seemed “off”. ?

His voice did sound a little raspy. Might have a cold?

|

2/23/2019 8:51 AM

Agreed. He doesnt seam happy. I️ don’t understand it if it’s the bike setup. Everyone loves the ‘19. Better motor. Better handling with more front end bias (which Tomac likes). It would be one thing of the bike sucked but that’s not the case. How hard could it be to make it work for him??

|

2/23/2019 8:57 AM

Crashing last week might have been a good thing. I'm not sure how his confidence would be if Webb came from 8th to pass him when he led the race at one point. That's never happened to him before, to my knowledge, ever since he has become the Tomac we know now. Also, the amount of umms these guys do in interviews is so cringe worthy. You'd think after so many interviews they'd be better at it.

|

2/23/2019 8:59 AM

GODZILLA wrote:

"It wasn't me."
Now we have the explanation.
wink

Dr. Tomac and Mr Eli ............sad part is you never know which one will show up. cool
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Ed Johnson