Tomac in for world sx as a wildcard

zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
7/1/2022 5:39am
Remember when Tomac, Barcia and AC took a flight together?

66% of that flight group is interested in WSX, wonder if the last one will join
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/1/2022 5:45am
Is there a press release for this?
USA
Fantasy
545th
7/1/2022 6:05am
early wrote:
Yeah, where is this info coming from?
mb60
7/1/2022 6:22am
A wildcard. What a freaking joke waiting to happen 😂

The Shop

Dirt.Squirt
7/1/2022 6:22am
Maybe Herlings will show since he wants to race him so bad and all……Whistling
Juck
Fantasy
320th
7/1/2022 6:26am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 6:27am
Juck wrote:
Still want it to fail, this is likely going to significantly hurt professional motocross
Motofinne wrote:
If the outcome for the riders and teams is more money or less losing money in the teams cases, how can you want it to fail?

yak651 wrote:
Right, it's almost like DC is hiring bots to try and save outdoors!
Actually I was one of many hired by the CIA to gangstalk riders that have chosen to do world sx in an attempt to steer them away from it and bring them to the AMA series to bring in more revenue for the government of The United States of America, of which the majority of the funds brought in will be used for a project that I cannot speak of now but will be de-classified in roughly 70 years time.
aeffertz
7/1/2022 6:44am
early wrote:
USA wrote:
Posted to their Instagram.
wasummer46
7/1/2022 6:52am
Des Nations is 24th Weekend at Redbud and this would be exactly two weeks away in the UK.

He Better not F'n bail on Des Nations
7/1/2022 7:00am
wasummer46 wrote:
Des Nations is 24th Weekend at Redbud and this would be exactly two weeks away in the UK.

He Better not F'n bail on Des Nations
Facts
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/1/2022 7:10am
early wrote:
USA wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Posted to their Instagram.
I see, I checked elis insta but not wsx
tingo
7/1/2022 7:25am
Marketing team spoke with their wallets.
aeffertz
7/1/2022 7:28am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 7:40am
So is Eli only racing the first round?

EDIT: Sounds like the wild card spots only allow a rider to race a single round since they won’t be riding for any of the established teams.

https://youtu.be/7guu20_yJmk
Cygrace74
7/1/2022 7:52am
Pretty fuckin cheesy to claim him as the 2020 WSX champion as if it’s there title. They’re claiming any FIM sanctioned result in AMA supercross as their own results
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/1/2022 8:01am
Cygrace74 wrote:
Pretty fuckin cheesy to claim him as the 2020 WSX champion as if it’s there title. They’re claiming any FIM sanctioned result in AMA supercross as...
Pretty fuckin cheesy to claim him as the 2020 WSX champion as if it’s there title. They’re claiming any FIM sanctioned result in AMA supercross as their own results
That's what they paid for
lestat
7/1/2022 8:24am
One thing all the euro boys are forgetting, it may mean another opportunity for more money for riders, but if AMA MX dies, then so does...
One thing all the euro boys are forgetting, it may mean another opportunity for more money for riders, but if AMA MX dies, then so does MXDN. It will just be another glorified MXGP without Americans who won’t race any motocross. And my god could you imagine the shit talking that would come from the US not doing the Nationals anymore.

I hope it survives but keep it as a short off season thing.
American MX is not going to disappear ! The MXDN is not going to disappear because of one team not attending either ! So much drama and hang wringing . AMA nats might lose some talent but it’s a very strong series , it’s not going away . What is happening is we are seeing the final step in the separate evolution of MX and SX racing . Riders and teams are moving to a model where they race one or the other . That’s the model of the future . Specialization happens in all walks of life . Dirt bike racing is no different .
tingo
7/1/2022 8:29am
Cygrace74 wrote:
Pretty fuckin cheesy to claim him as the 2020 WSX champion as if it’s there title. They’re claiming any FIM sanctioned result in AMA supercross as...
early wrote:
That's what they paid for
How so? The banner across the top of the site shows the "2021 WSX FIM World Rankings" and then proceeds to list the riders of the 2021 AMA/FIM series. One of these things is not like the other; one of these things didn't exist in 2021. Either way, it will soon go away, but as Cygrace points out, it's a confusing, cheeseball attention grab. If the AMA had their shit together, their new competition would already have a cease and desist demand.
Hudd_421
7/1/2022 8:57am
I know it's hard for top tier riders to rock the boat given the millions up for grabs (why potentially lose out on any of that?)
so I wonder if joining WSX is a way to kinda stick it to FELD and MXSports in a very polite manor.

It's pretty clear FELD doesn't "have it" in terms of being able to take SX to higher levels. They're a circus/Disney on Ice production company that's VERY good with logistics, but not much else. MXSports is just trying to preserve what they have (which I love, but understand outdoors isn't going to get bigger and will remain core).

The sport needs a viable promotor, maybe these riders understand that too...
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/1/2022 9:02am
tingo wrote:
How so? The banner across the top of the site shows the "2021 WSX FIM World Rankings" and then proceeds to list the riders of the...
How so? The banner across the top of the site shows the "2021 WSX FIM World Rankings" and then proceeds to list the riders of the 2021 AMA/FIM series. One of these things is not like the other; one of these things didn't exist in 2021. Either way, it will soon go away, but as Cygrace points out, it's a confusing, cheeseball attention grab. If the AMA had their shit together, their new competition would already have a cease and desist demand.
The 2021 Feld SX series was the FIM world supercross championship. Yes it is cheeseball, its also accurate.
https://www.fim-moto.com/en/sports/view/fim-supercross-world-championsh…
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/1/2022 9:05am
Hudd_421 wrote:
I know it's hard for top tier riders to rock the boat given the millions up for grabs (why potentially lose out on any of that?)...
I know it's hard for top tier riders to rock the boat given the millions up for grabs (why potentially lose out on any of that?)
so I wonder if joining WSX is a way to kinda stick it to FELD and MXSports in a very polite manor.

It's pretty clear FELD doesn't "have it" in terms of being able to take SX to higher levels. They're a circus/Disney on Ice production company that's VERY good with logistics, but not much else. MXSports is just trying to preserve what they have (which I love, but understand outdoors isn't going to get bigger and will remain core).

You are counting the chickens way before they hatch.
ATKpilot99
7/1/2022 9:49am
Hudd_421 wrote:
I know it's hard for top tier riders to rock the boat given the millions up for grabs (why potentially lose out on any of that?)...

If by higher levels you mean making it mainstream good luck with that . Racing dirt bikes in any form always has been a niche sport and I doubt anything will change that .
Hudd_421
7/1/2022 10:04am
Hudd_421 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
If by higher levels you mean making it mainstream good luck with that . Racing dirt bikes in any form always has been a niche sport...
If by higher levels you mean making it mainstream good luck with that . Racing dirt bikes in any form always has been a niche sport and I doubt anything will change that .
I agree, but at the same time, it's pretty obvious that FELD does not have the marketing chops or understanding of current media distribution and (I hate this, but it's real) social influence. Everything is cheesy, unprofessional and shit, even the show is getting boring with no innovation what so ever.

Not saying we could rise to the levels of F1 (which is the most overblown form of racing ever), but our existing promotors or all older guys trying to "catch up"...
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
7/1/2022 10:29am
It's all about the Money and I can't blame them..
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
7/1/2022 10:53am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 10:57am
Boomslang wrote:
It's all about the Money and I can't blame them..
Lot of greed in this world, but I do truly think motocross riders are underpaid and the promoters are making bank. Maybe I'm dead wrong, but I'm curious to see what comes of this. Hopefully riders get paid a little better. The payouts from the promoters seem to be a little low from Feld and MX Sports, so curious to see if what WSX is sustainable and realistic.

Does Feld counter and offer their riders more?. Same goes with MX Sports to keep guys racing nationals.

Post a reply to: Tomac in for world sx as a wildcard

The Latest