Tomac in for world sx as a wildcard

mx313
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 10:53am
Eli is going to race the British round as a wildcard. I assume he will be racing the same bike he will race at Paris.
|
Coggl
7/1/2022 1:12am
Who knows about the logistics, but its all time great for fans
Rotaholic
7/1/2022 1:24am
So good, can't believe how many people wanted this to fail. Taking it worldwide is great for us fans that dont live in the States.
mx313
7/1/2022 1:24am
Coggl wrote:
Who knows about the logistics, but its all time great for fans
Normally the factory local country team or fim team donate the bike and they ride out of there truck. Then they take there suspension, parts and stickers bolt them on and race. I think eli might use a gebben yamaha bike? As they buy engines and have a connection to star.
BS12
7/1/2022 1:29am
Unreal announcement.

Ryan Dungey next? One can dream.

The Shop

Juck
Fantasy
309th
7/1/2022 1:39am
Rotaholic wrote:
So good, can't believe how many people wanted this to fail. Taking it worldwide is great for us fans that dont live in the States.
Still want it to fail, this is likely going to significantly hurt professional motocross
Motofinne
7/1/2022 1:41am
Rotaholic wrote:
Juck wrote:
Still want it to fail, this is likely going to significantly hurt professional motocross
If the outcome for the riders and teams is more money or less losing money in the teams cases, how can you want it to fail?

felpro
7/1/2022 1:41am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 1:43am
. . . told ya they were good . . .
mx313
7/1/2022 1:48am
Rotaholic wrote:
Juck wrote:
I was hoping the series was just going to be about 6 rounds and incorporate all the off season sx races. Aus-x, Paris, mec, and a couple others. And it would have been good. But heaps of round most of the year isn't good.
Juck
Fantasy
309th
7/1/2022 1:49am
Rotaholic wrote:
Juck wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
If the outcome for the riders and teams is more money or less losing money in the teams cases, how can you want it to fail?

Because I don't want more supercross, and I definitely don't want supercross to replace motocross. If the teams and riders make more money, good for them, but as a fan I'm much less interested in supercross than motocross.

Imagine if instead of a world supercross series steering riders away from motocross, just pretend it's something you're less interested in, (world speedway championship for example assuming you're not interested in that) although far from a 1:1 comparison, how would you feel about that? Genuine question by the way, not trying to imply I know how you'd feel about it
Rotaholic
7/1/2022 1:59am
Juck wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

Juck wrote:
Because I don't want more supercross, and I definitely don't want supercross to replace motocross. If the teams and riders make more money, good for them...
Because I don't want more supercross, and I definitely don't want supercross to replace motocross. If the teams and riders make more money, good for them, but as a fan I'm much less interested in supercross than motocross.

Imagine if instead of a world supercross series steering riders away from motocross, just pretend it's something you're less interested in, (world speedway championship for example assuming you're not interested in that) although far from a 1:1 comparison, how would you feel about that? Genuine question by the way, not trying to imply I know how you'd feel about it
We are fans of all sports here in NZ, especially motorsports. How about shorten the supercross season, can't see why you need 3 Anaheims. The 250s have a great season and it's half as long. I prefer motocross over startercross also, but if they come close to us down here, damn right I will be booking flights to go watch.
Juck
Fantasy
309th
7/1/2022 2:07am
Motofinne wrote:

Juck wrote:
Because I don't want more supercross, and I definitely don't want supercross to replace motocross. If the teams and riders make more money, good for them...

Rotaholic wrote:
We are fans of all sports here in NZ, especially motorsports. How about shorten the supercross season, can't see why you need 3 Anaheims. The 250s...
We are fans of all sports here in NZ, especially motorsports. How about shorten the supercross season, can't see why you need 3 Anaheims. The 250s have a great season and it's half as long. I prefer motocross over startercross also, but if they come close to us down here, damn right I will be booking flights to go watch.
Not sure if you realise but I'm Australian. Anyway, if they shortened the AMA sx so riders could do AMA sx, world sx and AMA outdoors that would be great, but that's not going to happen and most likely world sx will have conflicting schedules with other series that will probably end up stealing riders from them
gregyou
7/1/2022 2:16am
Juck wrote:

Rotaholic wrote:
We are fans of all sports here in NZ, especially motorsports. How about shorten the supercross season, can't see why you need 3 Anaheims. The 250s...
Juck wrote:
Not sure if you realise but I'm Australian. Anyway, if they shortened the AMA sx so riders could do AMA sx, world sx and AMA outdoors...
Not sure if you realise but I'm Australian. Anyway, if they shortened the AMA sx so riders could do AMA sx, world sx and AMA outdoors that would be great, but that's not going to happen and most likely world sx will have conflicting schedules with other series that will probably end up stealing riders from them
I’m not up with it, have they announced where there holding the aus round?
I’ve been to all of the aus x opens everywhere they’ve held it has had some big down falls stadium wise.

Rotaholic
7/1/2022 2:16am
Haha, I've been to some classic NRL and AFL games in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney. People will definitely travel, we were lucky to have Aus SX come to Auckland that we went to both times. Motocross will still survive, might be missing a few stars but the racing will be guys giving it their all for 30 plus 2.
We are missing the reigning champ this year but the racing has still been epic
cwel11
7/1/2022 2:23am
Well Tomac better race the Mxdn then!
Thought the same thing. If there’s time for this he better sack up for des nations
mx313
7/1/2022 2:25am
gregyou wrote:
I’m not up with it, have they announced where there holding the aus round? I’ve been to all of the aus x opens everywhere they’ve held...
I’ve been to all of the aus x opens everywhere they’ve held it has had some big down falls stadium wise.

I guess it would be at marvel stadium in Melbourne again if they are able to get that stadium and that stadium was great for sx. What issue did u have with it? The sydney dome race track was way to small. But Melbourne the floor is as big as any ama sx
gregyou
7/1/2022 2:33am
gregyou wrote:
I’m not up with it, have they announced where there holding the aus round? I’ve been to all of the aus x opens everywhere they’ve held...

mx313 wrote:
I guess it would be at marvel stadium in Melbourne again if they are able to get that stadium and that stadium was great for sx...
I guess it would be at marvel stadium in Melbourne again if they are able to get that stadium and that stadium was great for sx. What issue did u have with it? The sydney dome race track was way to small. But Melbourne the floor is as big as any ama sx
How hard pack and slippery it was didn’t make great racing. I can’t remember why they couldn’t water or they couldn’t get machinery on, there some reason for it.

Might’ve been just my seating but I remember the viewing being not that great.

The Sydney ones were a good atmosphere but like you said the tracks to small.

bowl
7/1/2022 2:40am
gregyou wrote:

mx313 wrote:
I guess it would be at marvel stadium in Melbourne again if they are able to get that stadium and that stadium was great for sx...
Geelong stadium is huge , i went to the sx there few years back.
gregyou
7/1/2022 2:53am
gregyou wrote:

mx313 wrote:
bowl wrote:
Geelong stadium is huge , i went to the sx there few years back.
It is I went to the one reed was a big part of organising when he was on Suzuki. It was good but they only used half the ground, with all that room they could make a mammoth track and be seated alway around the stadium
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
7/1/2022 3:16am
Ok, Roczen and Tomac. All I want to know now is, where is the next airport in the Cardiff area :-)
ayearinmx
7/1/2022 3:27am
mxmasta wrote:
Ok, Roczen and Tomac. All I want to know now is, where is the next airport in the Cardiff area :-)
Cardiff Airport
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
7/1/2022 3:40am
mxmasta wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
Cardiff Airport
haha, that was an easy one ;-)
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
7/1/2022 3:55am
Juck wrote:

Rotaholic wrote:
Juck wrote:
Not sure if you realise but I'm Australian. Anyway, if they shortened the AMA sx so riders could do AMA sx, world sx and AMA outdoors...
One thing all the euro boys are forgetting, it may mean another opportunity for more money for riders, but if AMA MX dies, then so does MXDN. It will just be another glorified MXGP without Americans who won’t race any motocross. And my god could you imagine the shit talking that would come from the US not doing the Nationals anymore.

I hope it survives but keep it as a short off season thing.
Richy
7/1/2022 4:11am
Take my money... Can't wait, always wanted to go check out 'proper' supercross in the US but it's never quite come together yet, and arena cross over here didn't quite cut it (although I appreciate people the folks made an effort), so this is the next best thing 👍
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/1/2022 5:07am
Rotaholic wrote:
Juck wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

Right, it's almost like DC is hiring bots to try and save outdoors!
7/1/2022 5:09am
As a Welshman and a Supercross fanatic and an Eli Tomac nut, I never in a million years thought it would come to my country. I'm flabbergasted.

Let's go!!!
kb228
7/1/2022 5:30am
Rotaholic wrote:
Its apparently a 3 round series and doesnt mix with another series. When its at least 10 rounds and riders choose it over the real supercross series then it might be legit. Right now its off season prep for the real deal to these guys. No different than paris or aus x.

Post a reply to: Tomac in for world sx as a wildcard

The Latest