Tomac is dirty

RbR
5/6/2017 11:13pm
Congratulations to Dungey 4X Champion!
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
5/6/2017 11:16pm
Tomac did exactly the only thing he could do, and it almost worked for $1M. No complaints here at all from both Osborne and Tomac for going for it. Hell of an end to the season.
KC124
5/6/2017 11:17pm
Best example of racecraft I've ever seen. Tomac had to win. Dungey had to take 5th? Almost made it happen. Impressive!
5/6/2017 11:23pm
Eli should have never passed Dungey so early. Just pressure Dungey the whole race, and clean him out on the last lap.

The Shop

5/6/2017 11:28pm
level wrote:
He wants dungey to pass him so he can take him out. Dirty shit. Dungey needs to settle for second. I think tomac is slowing up...
He wants dungey to pass him so he can take him out. Dirty shit. Dungey needs to settle for second. I think tomac is slowing up also to bring the competition closer.
smart man. I wouldve done the same. pourcel did it to dungey in 09, reed did it a number of times. we're talking about the sx...
smart man. I wouldve done the same. pourcel did it to dungey in 09, reed did it a number of times.

we're talking about the sx title here. not some backyard race. the TITLE, and shit load of money.

ponder this...would you slap you best friend for a million dollars???

yes?

then why would you not extend the same courtesy in a race???
I would do much worse to my own mother just to win a backyard race.
Hahahahaha
Ebs
5/6/2017 11:28pm
Dungey should've just punted Eli off the track after seeing what was going on, but that's out of character for him and he was already taking some heat for the Marvin pass for the win.
westeast
Fantasy
5th
5/6/2017 11:38pm
Ebs wrote:
Dungey should've just punted Eli off the track after seeing what was going on, but that's out of character for him and he was already taking...
Dungey should've just punted Eli off the track after seeing what was going on, but that's out of character for him and he was already taking some heat for the Marvin pass for the win.
I'm pretty sure he has teammates for that...
Jrluder97
5/6/2017 11:43pm
This season and especially this race solidifies 2 facts: Tomac was the fastest rider and Dungey was the smartest. Can't blame Tomac for taking a shot or 3x to win the title (could have been worse i suppose), but credit to Dungey for doing exactly what needed to be done. Congrats to Dungey - hope he retires on top. Next year will be interesting with Tomac & Roczen battling it out.
brewrabb
5/7/2017 12:16am
Eli should have never passed Dungey so early. Just pressure Dungey the whole race, and clean him out on the last lap.
Yeah except Anderson, Baggett and a slew of others were right there as well and Grant was catching up.
5/7/2017 12:22am
brewrabb wrote:
Yeah except Anderson, Baggett and a slew of others were right there as well and Grant was catching up.
They only caught up when Eli slowed the pace of the race. With Dungey out front, and Eli pressuring him, they would have gapped those guys like they have most of the season.

When the clock hit zero, Eli should have put the front wheel right into the swing arm of the KTM.

C_Hart3
5/7/2017 12:36am
I'm pretty positive Eli's intention was never to clean out Dungey, it was to slow the pace to let other riders catch up. Dungey passed him so he had to pass back. Nothing dirty about it. When he didn't pull away like normal I knew exactly what he was trying to do. He needed riders between him and Dungey so he needed riders to catch up to them. It was a nice try, didn't work, but he has to do something.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/7/2017 12:53am
Tomac should have hit him harder, Glad Dungey won, not so much because I like Dungey I just cant stand the Tomac fanboys. Pinch
5/7/2017 12:53am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 12:54am
Nothing Eli did was ever dirty or put Dungey in any sort of danger. He took him wide in some turns to hopefully result in more of a mistake than it did, and it was all he could do. I don't think anyone's intentions are to ever hurt anybody.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/7/2017 12:57am
Ebs wrote:
Dungey should've just punted Eli off the track after seeing what was going on, but that's out of character for him and he was already taking...
I think Anderson was lining up his sites on Tomac if he would have punted Dungey , then Anderson would have punted Tomac . But we got to see Osborne show Savatgy who the real champ is. Cool
5/7/2017 12:59am
Pulled some cheap shots but at the end of the day the man with the stronger mind game won out....im sure dungey will sleep just fine tonight
Jrewing
5/7/2017 1:10am
Ryguy125 wrote:
What Tomac did was impressive. Dude set up dungey and dungey fell for it. In the heat of battle who thinks to let the points leader...
What Tomac did was impressive. Dude set up dungey and dungey fell for it. In the heat of battle who thinks to let the points leader pass and then intentionally hold them up? You gotta admit, valiant effort by Tomac in a last ditch effort to mix things up.
Katoomey wrote:
no i dont have to admit that. there's nothing "valiant" about desperation
But his race craft could be labelled valiant... And it was
Jeremy200
5/7/2017 1:17am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Wish Hannah was racing in this era... It would force a Vital server upgrade...
this.

a few people here have forgotten about the 80's and 90' sx.
akmx17
5/7/2017 2:33am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 2:40am
Please, if Tomac wanted to clean him out he could of done it 3-4 times and really made them stick that wasn't his goal. His goal was to deliberately slow down the pace to bunch everyone up, then stand Ryan up like he did 3 times and hope everyone goes by.

Tomac could of punted Dungey to the moon many of times.

It was a tactic and if there wasn't so much Orange and White on the track it could of worked.

I also don't understand what you guys wanted Tomac to do, walk away to his 10th dominating win of the year and not win a title to a guy who has two wins? I honestly believe Tomac deserves a medal for not punting Ryan into the stands and trying to use the other racers as a tool to win.

It was smart and the best way to avoid major controversy unlike if had he just taken him out and sent him to the moon.
Prntscrn
5/7/2017 2:37am
Tomac did the right thing. Personally I'm fine with actions like this. I hate teamorder stuff though, it's an individual sport we're doing
akmx17
5/7/2017 2:41am
Prntscrn wrote:
Tomac did the right thing. Personally I'm fine with actions like this. I hate teamorder stuff though, it's an individual sport we're doing
I think when you have TEAMS and Companies dumping millions in there, its not an individual sport anymore. I actually like it, makes things way more interesting
Prntscrn
5/7/2017 2:53am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 2:58am
Prntscrn wrote:
akmx17 wrote:
I think when you have TEAMS and Companies dumping millions in there, its not an individual sport anymore. I actually like it, makes things way more...
I think when you have TEAMS and Companies dumping millions in there, its not an individual sport anymore. I actually like it, makes things way more interesting
I get that teams and brands want their wins, 100%. But they make their decisions going in to the season with the riders they think have the biggest shot. Fixing results like that is just low.

Now thankfully those 3 points didn't matter in the end, but still I'm a big Marvin fan but I lost a lot of respect for him pulling that of. Still going to pull for him though

Doing what Tomac did last night I have no problem with since it's between the two riders going for the championship and I wouldn't have had anything against it if it was the other way around neither
5/7/2017 3:02am
Whatever it's over. I wanted Eli to get the title but Dungey Dungey'd and got another one, props to Eli exhausting every last option he had to win it. Loved the racing the last couple weeks.....but now I'm beyond excited to see how bad Eli tunes up the field come Hangtown. It's gonna be glorious!
akmx17
5/7/2017 3:09am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 3:09am
Prntscrn wrote:
akmx17 wrote:
I think when you have TEAMS and Companies dumping millions in there, its not an individual sport anymore. I actually like it, makes things way more...
Prntscrn wrote:
I get that teams and brands want their wins, 100%. But they make their decisions going in to the season with the riders they think have...
I get that teams and brands want their wins, 100%. But they make their decisions going in to the season with the riders they think have the biggest shot. Fixing results like that is just low.

Now thankfully those 3 points didn't matter in the end, but still I'm a big Marvin fan but I lost a lot of respect for him pulling that of. Still going to pull for him though

Doing what Tomac did last night I have no problem with since it's between the two riders going for the championship and I wouldn't have had anything against it if it was the other way around neither
I dont see how you could have an issue with what Marvin did but not what Tomac did.
But I dont see how you could have no issue with what Marvin did and care what Tomac did.

But, no one should care with both to be honest, its a championship.
5/7/2017 3:16am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 3:20am
Guys, it is pro racing. The big title. Grow up. Tomac did EVERYTHING he could, but RD anticipated everything. You guys screaming "dirty" do not know what dirty is. Tomac could have cleaned RD out, and put him on the dirt every single time he passed him. He did not do it once. Masterful races by both riders given the situation.
bd
5/7/2017 3:54am
Ebs wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
I think Anderson was lining up his sites on Tomac if he would have punted Dungey , then Anderson would have punted Tomac . But we...
I think Anderson was lining up his sites on Tomac if he would have punted Dungey , then Anderson would have punted Tomac . But we got to see Osborne show Savatgy who the real champ is. Cool
Yes... I agree. That said, if Tomac punts Dunge and Tomac escapes cleanly, he leaves Anderson. Period.... Tomac was playing with those other riders (from the stadium).

Post a reply to: Tomac is dirty

The Latest